User Tag List

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Question Help me figure out my type?

I think I'm an INFJ but I'm having doubts. Perhaps this doubt says something about my type?

I am positive I am introverted, sometimes extremely so. I'm living with roommates again now, this time after college and they're all my friends (girlfriend included) and sometimes the constant company can really get draining. I then retreat into my room and then I'm guilted back into being in the same room as everyone.

I am pretty sure I'm a J type. I was recently unemployed and I just got a job as a cook (what I've always done). Today (my first day) I am informed via voicemail that the staffing group has some openings for me (go figure). I'm trying to get out of kitchens, but the security of having a job kinda outweighs the possibility of leaving for yet another one, although I may be happier in an office setting.

I occasionally have somewhat psychic moments, and I'm generally intuitive. My friends will often say: "How did you know what I was thinking" in an astonished way. Although sometimes I have a split or at least confused personality.

The one I am most unsure of is the Feeling type. I sometimes feel like I'm an INTJ.

Anyways, this probably wasn't that helpful but I appreciate any insight! Thanks for reading!

SingSmileShine

Both have dominant Ni (introverted intuition), showing their complex and abstract thoughts on life and the possibilities it entails. You are a very beneath-the-surface person who is good at deciphering hidden meanings. But the auxiliary function of INFJ is Fe. For INTJ, it's Te. Quoth this cool website (click on the hyperlink)

Their auxiliary extraverted Thinking leads INTJs to structure their external lives to provide rational order. They use their Thinking to communicate ideas logically and clearly. Logic is not the final judge, however. If someone's analysis or ideas do not fit with the INTJs internal intuitive pattern and insights (their dominant introverted Intuition), INTJs will reject them, regardless of how clear and logical they seem to be. INTJs will then stubbornly cling to what they know is right.
    Their auxiliary extraverted Feeling leads INFJs to focus on values and loyalty to others. INFJs work to structure environments to take account of the needs of others and provide ways for people to realize their goals. However, if something proposed by others does not fit with their inner vision (their dominant introverted Intuition) they will usually reject it forcefully, even when it is suggested by someone important to them and seems to others to exemplify INFJs values. They put intense effort into bringing the external world in line with their inner vision.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Thanks for the input and the great link. So the question is: What is my auxillary function, extraverted feeling or extraverted thinking?

SingSmileShine

Assuming you're an INFJ, your auxiliary function is extraverted Feeling. If you feel that you're an INTJ, however, your auxiliary would be extraverted Thinking. You seem INFJ to me, though! So, if you are, which I think you are, it would be extraverted Feeling.

Oh - and no problem! Happy to help

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritual Science View Post
    I think I'm an INFJ but I'm having doubts. Perhaps this doubt says something about my type?

I am positive I am introverted, sometimes extremely so. I'm living with roommates again now, this time after college and they're all my friends (girlfriend included) and sometimes the constant company can really get draining. I then retreat into my room and then I'm guilted back into being in the same room as everyone.

I am pretty sure I'm a J type. I was recently unemployed and I just got a job as a cook (what I've always done). Today (my first day) I am informed via voicemail that the staffing group has some openings for me (go figure). I'm trying to get out of kitchens, but the security of having a job kinda outweighs the possibility of leaving for yet another one, although I may be happier in an office setting.

I occasionally have somewhat psychic moments, and I'm generally intuitive. My friends will often say: "How did you know what I was thinking" in an astonished way. Although sometimes I have a split or at least confused personality.

The one I am most unsure of is the Feeling type. I sometimes feel like I'm an INTJ.

Anyways, this probably wasn't that helpful but I appreciate any insight! Thanks for reading!
    That all describes a Ni-Ti loop. You get an INTJ vibe based on the presence of Ti, but it's not really INTJ, it's INTP. The INTP probably has been a source of skeptical thinking.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Based on an overall impression, you sound more like an INFJ comfortable with Fe than an INTJ in touch with Fi.
    1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost