• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type my (possible, maybe) boyfriend

Presumptuous Pepper

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
This person i am gonna talk about is typed as an ENFJ and INFJ...but i would like that to be disregarded now and to try and type him according to what i will tell you now and only taking into consideration later thous types.

about I and E:
he can be geeky. But i think he get motivation for an outer world. Often saying how he needs his family to stand by his side. He is oriented towards others and often mentions how he likes to make girls laugh. He has a good people skills, good at going into conflict but avoiding it at the same time. Speaks with others easily and engages his field interest.
but in this description: "Extraverts are the cool, social people who go to all the parties, and impress people. Introverts are the misunderstood nerds who sit at home reading and surfing the Internet all day. As you might have guessed, most of us are Introverts. So please take some pity and speak to us poor, pasty-faced nerds who pine away in front of our monitors?" - he can do both

about S or N:
he makes symbols out of things (bracelets and stuff), he likes to be insightful about people. HE really shows N tendencies. He is theoretical. I can hardly see anything S on him.

F or T:
he is very caring, and has mood swings more then any girl i know, sensitive but also finds strength in emotions. But he can get logical about things as well, and follows his heart and gut instinct.

J or P:
he need to know what he will be doing the next day, plans things ahead, doesn't do much in the last minute.

Also i think i can see in him often Fi and Fe at the same time.
He is very much aware of how smth makes him feel but is also capable of affecting others so chooses words as well.

I think he is an Ni user cuz he does has often smth like psychic quotes. For example once he said "it's not what is right for me. all the answers are correct for me, but which one is correct for another person is what it's important."

so there ...type him :D

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why not just ask him?! Whenever I see these (yes, I've been guilty of it in the past more than I'd like to remember) vicarious guesses/attempts to understand someone, I just cringe, having learned it's always best to live instead.

I've never, and don't know anyone who could, be able to answer for someone. My suggestion would be to just ask him :)

Or is this more just for fun? :)

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sounds a lot like an INFJ.

Mitsuko Souma

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp
Out of the two you say I would guess INFJ but possible INTJ?

Presumptuous Pepper

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Why not just ask him?! Whenever I see these (yes, I've been guilty of it in the past more than I'd like to remember) vicarious guesses/attempts to understand someone, I just cringe, having learned it's always best to live instead.

I've never, and don't know anyone who could, be able to answer for someone. My suggestion would be to just ask him :)

Or is this more just for fun? :)

it's for fun :)

Presumptuous Pepper

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Out of the two you say I would guess INFJ but possible INTJ?

i think he is a feeler
don't know if he is an introvert or an extrovert - he is pretty loud, has very expressive personality, he is quite of a charmer, he seems to hate to be inside for too long, he is very open with people and very communicative - has a lot of people who he knows and who knows him, he often needs to get out of a house at least for a bit
on the other hand for some bad past experiences (and i mean pretty bad) he feels anxious around people (not very noticeable), he needs to be alone when feeling bad but then again who doesn't, he seems to be into gaming but he needs people around him and relies many on outer world stimuli

i can't tell sometimes if he is Ni dom or Fe dom
he says he is an extrovert himself - but even extroverts have their introverted side
and he often says for himself "im a giver" - and kinda gets selfless often which is more of an ENFJ trait
is it possible to be a board-liner? hahah lol

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
presumptuous little pepper calling him your maybe possible boyfriend! ha no really just ask him.

Mitsuko Souma

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp
any reasons for Ni dom here? im kinda asking to put it out cuz this is becoming kinda inbetween for me and its hard to say with him :)
Your description of his N is more Ni than Ne in my opinion. I thought INTJ possible because he sounds more Fi than Fe but I could be wrong. Can you say which he shows the most between his F or N characteristics? That may help decide if he is an Fe or Ni dominant of the two choices are INFJ or ENFJ.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This person i am gonna talk about is typed as an ENFJ and INFJ...but i would like that to be disregarded now and to try and type him according to what i will tell you now and only taking into consideration later thous types.

about I and E:
he can be geeky. But i think he get motivation for an outer world. Often saying how he needs his family to stand by his side. He is oriented towards others and often mentions how he likes to make girls laugh. He has a good people skills, good at going into conflict but avoiding it at the same time. Speaks with others easily and engages his field interest.
but in this description: "Extraverts are the cool, social people who go to all the parties, and impress people. Introverts are the misunderstood nerds who sit at home reading and surfing the Internet all day. As you might have guessed, most of us are Introverts. So please take some pity and speak to us poor, pasty-faced nerds who pine away in front of our monitors?" - he can do both

But introverts tend to shun social contact. I say ENFJ.

Presumptuous Pepper

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
presumptuous little pepper calling him your maybe possible boyfriend! ha no really just ask him.

he is my boyfriend now :p
also he is not into these theories and i aksed as much as questions i could :D

Presumptuous Pepper

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Your description of his N is more Ni than Ne in my opinion. I thought INTJ possible because he sounds more Fi than Fe but I could be wrong. Can you say which he shows the most between his F or N characteristics? That may help decide if he is an Fe or Ni dominant of the two choices are INFJ or ENFJ.

This is very interesting - i was also quite sure i sometimes notice introverted feeler in him
but i noticed Fe as the most expressed cuz of hundred sentences he said that were exactly Fe
example: what is right for the other person, i wanna make them happy, all it matters is that you are happy i came here, there is nothing better to me then make other people happy and comfortable around me, im a giver...many many Fe sentences out of his mouth - very expressed Fe but seems as Fi often, but it's mostly when i put attention on that aspect in him cuz im Fi dominant (i mean on the effect)

he is an N person cuz he looks meaning of the songs, looking in different things symbols of his own inner state - like for example posting lyrics which exactly refer to some kind of state of mind of his or situation, he is very good at picking up meanings - for me he is clear Ni user :)

Presumptuous Pepper

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx

he says himself he as a extrovert...and i kinda believe it - he is more of the person who is oriented on people and he can't stay at home even when he doesn't have a job and has no money cuz he just has to leave and be around people or be outside...connect with an outside world.
Also i think ENFJ cuz they have more tendencies to become selfless then INFJs who are more self-preserving then ENFJs...even if ENFJs are preserving they are still giving in...staying cautious but they give their emotions out :)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
he says himself he as a extrovert...and i kinda believe it - he is more of the person who is oriented on people and he can't stay at home even when he doesn't have a job and has no money cuz he just has to leave and be around people or be outside...connect with an outside world.
Also i think ENFJ cuz they have more tendencies to become selfless then INFJs who are more self-preserving then ENFJs...even if ENFJs are preserving they are still giving in...staying cautious but they give their emotions out :)

I tend to believe the information people give me about themselves. Confusion only sets in when they get involved with typology. Then it seems as if they don't know who they are anymore, sometimes.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I tend to believe the information people give me about themselves. Confusion only sets in when they get involved with typology. Then it seems as if they don't know who they are anymore, sometimes.

Presumptuous Pepper

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx

it is true that one knows the best is he an introvert or an extrovert since no one can tell you which type you are and which cog functions suit you the best

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance

I think that's a bit of a generalised and stereotypical observation. Introverts dont 'shun' social contact, they simply prefer introspection and alone time for the purpose of recharging.

This doesn't mean they cannot be social. The whole point of this idea of everyone having an auxiliary function to back up their dominant is to explain how everyone possesses a capacity for what is opposite to their norm.

So an introvert will have a secondary extroverted function to give them the ability to express their internal musings and an extrovert will have a secondary introverted function so as to grant personal reflection and introspection.

It is when this becomes too unbalanced that we find ourselves in conflict with each other.

In any case both extroverts and introverts can possess similar traits, it is where they get their energy from that is important. Do you feel the need to spend large amounts of time alone to go over what you have taken in, or are you more energised by social interaction and being around others?

This is why people often get confused on whether they are introverted or extroverted in nature because the lines can blur a little. It's about which one you lean more towards. For example INFJ's can often be quite outgoing and gregarious, this is because they possess Fe as a secondary.

Fe can be very expressive and warm when compared with Fi which is inexpressive and intense. Even an INTP such as yourself have Fe as an inferior so amongst those you feel very comfortable with you might be outgoing yourself, of course I dont know you so im just speculating, it could easily be that you do not.