First 12345 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    I think that's a bit of a generalised and stereotypical observation.
    I said "tend to," so I deleted the rest of your response just because I wanted to make that point clear.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I said "tend to," so I deleted the rest of your response just because I wanted to make that point clear.
    Well in that case I believe I ought to have my made my point clearer, it is the terminology you used that is a problem. No matter how you wish to spin it, shun, as a word has negative connotations. It implied that....to put it simply, introverts dont like other people and that their greater need for alone time stems from this. Some may not do of course, but there are plenty of sociopathic, anti-social extroverts although they of course are not the majority, in any case it is poor choice of word.

If you had simply said 'introverts tend to prefer more alone time' it would have been more apt.

I expect that this will not be satisfying as a reason since you might see your stance as technically correct since the word tend opts out of certainty, however it is a quantifier of regularity in that it implies that what is contained within the sentence happens more often than not, which cannot be known for certain.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Well in that case I believe I ought to have my made my point clearer, it is the terminology you used that is a problem. No matter how you wish to spin it, shun, as a word has negative connotations. It implied that....to put it simply, introverts dont like other people and that their greater need for alone time stems from this. Some may not do of course, but there are plenty of sociopathic, anti-social extroverts although they of course are not the majority, in any case it is poor choice of word.

If you had simply said 'introverts tend to prefer more alone time' it would have been more apt.

I expect that this will not be satisfying as a reason since you might see your stance as technically correct since the word tend opts out of certainty, however it is a quantifier of regularity in that it implies that what is contained within the sentence happens more often than not, which cannot be known for certain.
    I did not know I was back in college here.

I did not know I was back in college here.
    Ahah I am lecturing like a fool arent I? Isn't normal for me, but it was something I had strong values for.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Ahah I am lecturing like a fool arent I? Isn't normal for me, but it was something I had strong values for.
    So that explains it. Actually, I already know about the whole pc witch-hunt. I would have put the critique concerning "shun" differently because I don't treat others like some kind of "witches," even if they really are. For one thing, I would never define introversion as a type of social shunning or avoidance, that's for the severe types. For another thing, I am an introvert and I have in the past shunned social company. Nowadays the case is that I simply don't prefer it because it takes too much energy.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I guess everybody's just out to get someone these days, even as the Randroids go hunting Kantians. The reason they will always fail is that Randroids don't understand Kant, pc types don't understand racism or stereotyping. Every failure that I can think of, for example, the US in Vietnam during the 1960s, was due to simplistic demonizing based out of a lack of understanding.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I guess everybody's just out to get someone these days, even as the Randroids go hunting Kantians. The reason they will always fail is that Randroids don't understand Kant, pc types don't understand racism or stereotyping. Every failure that I can think of, for example, the US in Vietnam during the 1960s, was due to simplistic demonizing based out of a lack of understanding.
    Or lack of empathy and compassion.

Our lack of love.

Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

So that explains it. Actually, I already know about the whole pc witch-hunt. I would have put the critique concerning "shun" differently because I don't treat others like some kind of "witches," even if they really are. For one thing, I would never define introversion as a type of social shunning or avoidance, that's for the severe types. For another thing, I am an introvert and I have in the past shunned social company. Nowadays the case is that I simply don't prefer it because it takes too much energy.
    What do you mean by pc witch hunt?

This is personal to me...not an indoctrination of some mass created crowd system we should all adhere to. As for shun...why would you have critiqued it differently.....that's what it means...to avoid others that you dislike. In that sentence it is an implication that most introverts would avoid people out of dislike.

Well I wasn't trying to demonise you...merely get you to consider what you had said. This is all about perspectives isn't it?

People often misuse the term PC these days far too much. My personal values are based upon both an experience and prediction of what leads to what.

A lot of people do adhere to PC reasoning without any understanding of what is governed by it as you said. Lots of people understand racism as being wrong....but they dont understand why it might be wrong...or what thoughts lead to such an idea in the first place. I suppose we could each write an essay upon the complexities of this, but please dont misjudge me for some shortsighted thug trying to push an agenda that is not his own.

Normally I avoid shoulds and oughts for this reason....in this case I overstepped my own boundries.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

What do you mean by pc witch hunt?

This is personal to me...not an indoctrination of some mass created crowd system we should all adhere to. As for shun...why would you have critiqued it differently.....that's what it means...to avoid others that you dislike. In that sentence it is an implication that most introverts would avoid people out of dislike.
    There's the better critique I was looking for. Do most (>50%) introverts do this avoidance out of dislike? Or is it maybe 49%? We don't really know. Avoidance may be a shunning or it may be a matter of preference (due to being shy). But if her boyfriend likes to go to parties, then he's obviously neither shunning nor shying away, and I would say he's an extravert. The better question is whether or not these events energize him or sap his strength like they do me.

Well I wasn't trying to demonise you...merely get you to consider what you had said. This is all about perspectives isn't it?
    I don't buy into your implication that word choice means something sinister. I do enough self-editing as it is here to avoid the common attacks I've seen on forums. Not that you've been attacking me.

People often misuse the term PC these days far too much. My personal values are based upon both an experience and prediction of what leads to what.
    I'd say you're an Fi-dom or -aux based on that. If you are a 6w7 as it says in your bio, I would highly recommend considering ENFP as your MBTI type, although INFP is possible too. ENFP seems to be the hardest self-type to make. It also goes along well with your fear of judging others implied in the critique of stereotyping.

A lot of people do adhere to PC reasoning without any understanding of what is governed by it as you said. Lots of people understand racism as being wrong....but they dont understand why it might be wrong...or what thoughts lead to such an idea in the first place. I suppose we could each write an essay upon the complexities of this, but please dont misjudge me for some shortsighted thug trying to push an agenda that is not his own.

Normally I avoid shoulds and oughts for this reason....in this case I overstepped my own boundries.
    There's ENFP again.

I can see a definite generational gap in the language we respectively use. I was not trained to use PC lingo, that was after my time.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by Presumptuous Pepper View Post
    This is very interesting - i was also quite sure i sometimes notice introverted feeler in him
    but i noticed Fe as the most expressed cuz of hundred sentences he said that were exactly Fe
    example: what is right for the other person, i wanna make them happy, all it matters is that you are happy i came here, there is nothing better to me then make other people happy and comfortable around me, im a giver...many many Fe sentences out of his mouth - very expressed Fe but seems as Fi often, but it's mostly when i put attention on that aspect in him cuz im Fi dominant (i mean on the effect)

he is an N person cuz he looks meaning of the songs, looking in different things symbols of his own inner state - like for example posting lyrics which exactly refer to some kind of state of mind of his or situation, he is very good at picking up meanings - for me he is clear Ni user
    Alright, then my guess is ENFJ. ENFJs though do tend to have an "introvert" side if you will. The Ni being their secondary function kinda gives them that type of feeling, especially if its well developed. You should let him take the MBTI test or the cognitive functions test to be sure though. Best of luck.