• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help type me please?

nananabatman

MBTI Type
Ixxx
So, I've tested as just about everything. I've read about cognitive functions, I've introspected, but I still have no idea what type I am. I'm new, but if any of y'all have any ideas about my type from this post, please tell me.

I'm probably an introvert. I've been told that I'm quiet so many times that it has quit being annoying and become funny. I can be loud when I'm in a good mood around my close friends, but that doesn't happen much. But, I do need time to refresh after being around people. After being around people too much, I get pretty cranky. I hate hurting people, so I make sure to get plenty of alone time.

I'm not sure if I'm an intuitive or a sensor. I'm not the best at "living in the moment", but I do love having fun at theme parks and concerts and stuff like that. I do kind of relate to descriptions of Ne, because I tend to see connections and possibilities all over the place, and I can be really silly. But I've read that Se users also see possibilities everywhere, and i don't know the difference between the two! I also slightly relate to descriptions of Si and Ni, as I often sleep on problems and consider facts that I already know. I often tend to read a lot about problems, gathering a ton of facts before I made a decision. But I do tend to use the facts to find a new conclusion, Ne>Si maybe?

I'm probably a feeler. I guess that I'm well-developed, as I'm pretty logical, but I don't make decisions that I know will really hurt other people. I really, really hate hurting people. But I don't really know how to tell the difference between Fi and Fe. I tend to decide if something is wrong based on how much it hurts other people, but I can't tell if it's Fi telling me that it's wrong. But I don't go too far in that direction, as I don't try too hard to avoid hurting overly sensitive people. I'm not really politically correct or anything. I am generally nice, though.

So, for the stereotypes, I'm a perciever. I'm disorganized, I procrastinate, and I like to have all of the facts before I make a decision. but I know that the MBTI isn't about stereotypes, it's about the functions. But I'm confused about the functions! :doh:

So, if anything can get anything from this post other than the fact that I'm confused, please help me. Any good function descriptions would also be really, really appreciated, too. :) Thanks in advance!

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just on a vibe, I'd check out ISFP.

(also, me. There, I typed it!)

plastic

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Your avoidance of hurting people points to Fe. Fi would be much more into yourself, doing what's important to make you fulfilled - still emotional, but less regard for others.

Assuming you're IxxP, having Fe as one of your main 4 functions would require you to be IxTP (Fe can't be 1st or 2nd without you being a J. It can't be 3rd without you being an extrovert. So it must be 4th, and Fe 4th ==> Ti 1st). But I'm hesitant to peg you as ISTP or INTP. I think you'd be much more sure of your type if this were the case.

So I'm going to go against the evidence and say it's actually Fi at play. You're I, so Fi would be your 1st function. You strike me as having Ne for your 2nd function rather than Se. I find that Se tends to be very apparent, whereas Ne can be harder to identify. Therefore the lack of convincing evidence points toward Ne! We arrive at Fi > Ne > Si > Te, which makes you an INFP.

Thoughts?

Mitsuko Souma

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp
So, I've tested as just about everything. I've read about cognitive functions, I've introspected, but I still have no idea what type I am. I'm new, but if any of y'all have any ideas about my type from this post, please tell me.

I'm probably an introvert. I've been told that I'm quiet so many times that it has quit being annoying and become funny. I can be loud when I'm in a good mood around my close friends, but that doesn't happen much. But, I do need time to refresh after being around people. After being around people too much, I get pretty cranky. I hate hurting people, so I make sure to get plenty of alone time.

I'm not sure if I'm an intuitive or a sensor. I'm not the best at "living in the moment", but I do love having fun at theme parks and concerts and stuff like that. I do kind of relate to descriptions of Ne, because I tend to see connections and possibilities all over the place, and I can be really silly. But I've read that Se users also see possibilities everywhere, and i don't know the difference between the two! I also slightly relate to descriptions of Si and Ni, as I often sleep on problems and consider facts that I already know. I often tend to read a lot about problems, gathering a ton of facts before I made a decision. But I do tend to use the facts to find a new conclusion, Ne>Si maybe?

I'm probably a feeler. I guess that I'm well-developed, as I'm pretty logical, but I don't make decisions that I know will really hurt other people. I really, really hate hurting people. But I don't really know how to tell the difference between Fi and Fe. I tend to decide if something is wrong based on how much it hurts other people, but I can't tell if it's Fi telling me that it's wrong. But I don't go too far in that direction, as I don't try too hard to avoid hurting overly sensitive people. I'm not really politically correct or anything. I am generally nice, though.

So, for the stereotypes, I'm a perciever. I'm disorganized, I procrastinate, and I like to have all of the facts before I make a decision. but I know that the MBTI isn't about stereotypes, it's about the functions. But I'm confused about the functions! :doh:

So, if anything can get anything from this post other than the fact that I'm confused, please help me. Any good function descriptions would also be really, really appreciated, too. :) Thanks in advance!
My guess? You strike me as ENFJ: Fe-Ni-Se-Ti (closest in my opinion your cognitive functions and most likeliest type).

nananabatman

MBTI Type
Ixxx
Just on a vibe, I'd check out ISFP.

(also, me. There, I typed it!)

Your avoidance of hurting people points to Fe. Fi would be much more into yourself, doing what's important to make you fulfilled - still emotional, but less regard for others.

Assuming you're IxxP, having Fe as one of your main 4 functions would require you to be IxTP (Fe can't be 1st or 2nd without you being a J. It can't be 3rd without you being an extrovert. So it must be 4th, and Fe 4th ==> Ti 1st). But I'm hesitant to peg you as ISTP or INTP. I think you'd be much more sure of your type if this were the case.

So I'm going to go against the evidence and say it's actually Fi at play. You're I, so Fi would be your 1st function. You strike me as having Ne for your 2nd function rather than Se. I find that Se tends to be very apparent, whereas Ne can be harder to identify. Therefore the lack of convincing evidence points toward Ne! We arrive at Fi > Ne > Si > Te, which makes you an INFP.

Thoughts?

Hmm. How can one tell the difference between infp and isfp? I can be pretty practical, when I need to be, but my brain is usually somewhere else. I've noticed that they both have a different kind of feel to them, but I can't really tell if I'm either one of them.

My guess? You strike me as ENFJ: Fe-Ni-Se-Ti (closest in my opinion your cognitive functions and most likeliest type).

Interesting. Can enfjs come across as being really introverted? I've heard them called "the introvert of the extraverts", but I don't know how far that goes. I'm pretty introverted.

I wish that I could give y'all more to go on, but I don't have too much time to be on here. I'm about to finally graduate high school, and I'm so busy! But I appreciate the input.

Mitsuko Souma

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp
Hmm. How can one tell the difference between infp and isfp? I can be pretty practical, when I need to be, but my brain is usually somewhere else. I've noticed that they both have a different kind of feel to them, but I can't really tell if I'm either one of them.

Interesting. Can enfjs come across as being really introverted? I've heard them called "the introvert of the extraverts", but I don't know how far that goes. I'm pretty introverted.

I wish that I could give y'all more to go on, but I don't have too much time to be on here. I'm about to finally graduate high school, and I'm so busy! But I appreciate the input.
Yes, I think if they have a fairly developed Ni (their secondary function) they can give off that "introverted feeling" to some. Its my own personal theory though that I get based off of the description of Ni and that its a function that the ENFJ use quite a bit according to the theory.

nananabatman

MBTI Type
Ixxx
According to that, I'm probably an IxFP. I'm not really sure if I'm N or S, though. My thoughts about the cup go about like this. "Gee, it's a styrofoam cup. You put coke in it. I want some coke. But I'm on a diet. So, no coke. I could break the diet...but I shouldn't. I'll get some water or orange juice instead." It's pretty literal, but I'm still seeing possibilities. But, they are sensory possibilities. But intuition could be what stops me from breaking my diet and feeling bad in the future. Bleh, I'm not sure. Any opinions?

Permabanned
According to that, I'm probably an IxFP. I'm not really sure if I'm N or S, though. My thoughts about the cup go about like this. "Gee, it's a styrofoam cup. You put coke in it. I want some coke. But I'm on a diet. So, no coke. I could break the diet...but I shouldn't. I'll get some water or orange juice instead." It's pretty literal, but I'm still seeing possibilities. But, they are sensory possibilities. But intuition could be what stops me from breaking my diet and feeling bad in the future. Bleh, I'm not sure. Any opinions?

Seems to follow the N association pattern.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'd say infp probs. Only thing lacking in that dept. so far is a goofy self depricating sense of humor. Are you male or female?

plastic

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Seems to follow the N association pattern.

Yes, although the N/S exercise was the worst of the four. For example: I'm an N. I immediately thought of the polymer properties of styrofoam (very N). But if I were to describe the cup to someone else, I would say "round, white, this big..." - very S things - because I know that would be the most effective way to get the message across. On the other hand, the "This reminds me of Sunday school" bullet under the N column is also something a Si might say.

This is so similar to a comment I read on personalitycafe today:

My experience with Ne and Ni has always been divergent and convergent thinking. When I showed a french fry to two friends, the

Ne said: pickle. cacti. giraffe.
Ni said: sodium. fast food. heart attack.

Your thought process there lines up with the Ni example. However, dominant Ni would make you a J, so let's just call it N for now : )