User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 36

  1. #11
    Member plastic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ????
    Enneagram
    358 so/sp
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Do you have any MBTI test results ?


    I would prefer to have something more empirical/systematic ..... long talks about yourself are simply not objective enough as a method.


    Plus forget about the functions ... that is probably to best way to get yourself lost. (especially if you dont know the enneagram type)
    I understand that INTJ's like objective data, but aren't you also supposed to be able to read between the lines? In fact, her description is more valuable to you than test results because you're getting it from the source, not a secondary (and at least partially flawed) interpretation. Step up your game!
    ????
    3w4 5w6 8w7 soc/sp
    S|C|oaI

  2. #12
    Senior Member pinkgraffiti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    You really remind me of an INTJ friend (from your description). I don't see how you could be an F. These are my 2 cents.

  3. #13
    Senior Member pinkgraffiti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    No no, read carefully, she's so NT it hurts. The whole description if super NT. Def INT and we can argue about the last letter.

    Quote Originally Posted by plastic View Post
    INFJ. Here's why:

    You're an introvert and an intuitive, no doubt about that. Let's break it down by function.

    You have very strong Ni. Predominant, even. Feeling detached, like a brain stuck within a body. Seeing the underlying dynamics between people. Having the need to develop a full understanding of things. All of these point to introverted intuition. On the other hand, nothing in your description suggests Ne (extroverted intuition).

    Now, I can see why, as an introvert, you identify with Ti and Fi. But if Ni is your dominant function, we need to decide between Fe and Te. Thankfully, one of these makes sense for your personality . I don't see any Te. Your writing style is far too wordy. I have trouble imagining anyone with strong Te talking like this:

    ...unless, perhaps, you are quite young. I guess many teenage girls are conditioned to talk like that. (Also, I'd bet ten bucks you're Asian.)
    On the other hand, much of your description can fit with Fe. Extroverted Feeling accounts for why you're so prone to blend in with the group and shape yourself according to others. As for not being moody or being affected by "emotional" things, that could be a combination of your reserved personality, a strong tertiary Ti, or simply a well-grounded mentality.

    Cognitiveprocesses.com says this about INFJ's:

    The bolded points fit you perfectly. Although the non-bolded points don't seem to be evident in you, you have given no proof against them.

    So, INFJ, what do you think??

    Oh, and your full enneatype (take this with a grain of salt, I'm much more familiar with MBTI than with enneagram): 3w2 5w4 9w1.

  4. #14
    Member plastic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ????
    Enneagram
    358 so/sp
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    No no, read carefully, she's so NT it hurts. The whole description if super NT. Def INT and we can argue about the last letter.
    Woah there. Okay, we disagree. Before we jump ahead to INT_, would you care to explain what makes her so NT?
    ????
    3w4 5w6 8w7 soc/sp
    S|C|oaI

  5. #15
    Member ArpeggiatingCantata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    MBTI
    BUTT
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by plastic View Post
    INFJ. Here's why:

    You're an introvert and an intuitive, no doubt about that. Let's break it down by function.

    You have very strong Ni. Predominant, even. Feeling detached, like a brain stuck within a body. Seeing the underlying dynamics between people. Having the need to develop a full understanding of things. All of these point to introverted intuition. On the other hand, nothing in your description suggests Ne (extroverted intuition).

    Now, I can see why, as an introvert, you identify with Ti and Fi. But if Ni is your dominant function, we need to decide between Fe and Te. Thankfully, one of these makes sense for your personality . I don't see any Te. Your writing style is far too wordy. I have trouble imagining anyone with strong Te talking like this:

    ...unless, perhaps, you are quite young. I guess many teenage girls are conditioned to talk like that. (Also, I'd bet ten bucks you're Asian.)
    On the other hand, much of your description can fit with Fe. Extroverted Feeling accounts for why you're so prone to blend in with the group and shape yourself according to others. As for not being moody or being affected by "emotional" things, that could be a combination of your reserved personality, a strong tertiary Ti, or simply a well-grounded mentality.

    Cognitiveprocesses.com says this about INFJ's:

    The bolded points fit you perfectly. Although the non-bolded points don't seem to be evident in you, you have given no proof against them.

    So, INFJ, what do you think??

    Oh, and your full enneatype (take this with a grain of salt, I'm much more familiar with MBTI than with enneagram): 3w2 5w4 9w1.
    Ah I'm starting to lean further away from INFJ. What I wrote about "No no!" was when I was little.... that sounded like a child.. That was referring to myself when I was like 6. Not in any way when I got older. I've been down the INFJ path before, and i've recently noticed that I don't think that's the case... I know Fe is big on group morals and stuff like that. I don't ever think about it. It doesn't matter to me, ever since I was little. I don't worry about social matters but I was in high school, I just felt like changing my image because no one knew me just to see what happened. Beside that, I don't change much, or worry about right and wrong, or anything like that. The things that make NF's....NF's.. It'd be cool if I did I guess but i've come to realize I don't care about these things, and never have. Also I do agree with the bolded parts but seem vague and seem as though they could be applied toward anyone that is one of many types.. I don't agree with the unbolded parts but mostly the one that says "Thrive on helping others resolve deep personal and ethical dilemmas." Yeah... if someone needs help with someone I can help them, but I do not thrive on it, and usually my advice does not help with ethical dilemmas. Recently my advice to an ENFP friend of mine about something that she did that she felt upset about because it was against her morals, (she said morals.) was "well......and? It happened... we're human, these things are normal. Society makes certain things looks bad, read before and why fret on something you think it's "wrong". You did it.. it's done.. you can't change it.. the only thing you can change is your thoughts about it.. so yeah." She responded to me that it still doesn't take the "bad nasty feeling away." And I said okay, and proceeded to find some advice that could make her own brain feel better about it. I'm not that great on fixing ethical dilemmas. Wish I was I guess. I could be anything from an ESFP to and INTJ, but I do know what I don't agree with, and the moral Fe or Fi thing is starting to make me veer from NF types.
    But I guess I will take another look at INFJ..... just incase.....thanks.

  6. #16
    Member ArpeggiatingCantata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    MBTI
    BUTT
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    In very base (and therefore generally inaccurate) form, NT's types are rational logical types, whereas NF's would be more holistic in approach. I would highly doubt ENTP for you, INTP is a possibility but you just seem less ,..umm... something than other INTP's...can't put my finger on it.
    Thank you hmm. The very first time I ever took the MBTI test I believe I got ENTP as a result in school, back when I didn't now what it was, that or INTP. But, I have no looking into ENTP.... I wish you could put your finger on it. :P But I will read up on ENTP more, and see if I can relate. Thanks!

  7. #17
    Member ArpeggiatingCantata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    MBTI
    BUTT
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Do you have any MBTI test results ?


    I would prefer to have something more empirical/systematic ..... long talks about yourself are simply not objective enough as a method.


    Plus forget about the functions ... that is probably to best way to get yourself lost. (especially if you dont know the enneagram type)
    I rather not forget about the functions because it actually makes sense. Going off of stereotypes isn't what I'm trying to go for. If someone can get something from what I wrote, even stereotypes to guide me in the right direction, that works fine for me because I can further look into it.......

    I took it again just now, and these were my results.


    Introverted (I) 68.75% Extroverted (E) 31.25%
    Intuitive (N) 72.73% Sensing (S) 27.27%
    Thinking (T) 75.76% Feeling (F) 24.24%
    Perceiving (P) 55.88% Judging (J) 44.12%

    Your type is: INTP

    INTP - "Architect". Greatest precision in thought and language. Can readily discern contradictions and inconsistencies. The world exists primarily to be understood. 3.3% of total population.


    You scored as Type 5

    Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||| 43%
    Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||| 46%
    Type 3 Image Awareness |||||||||||| 50%
    Type 4 Individuality |||||||||||||| 53%
    Type 5 Rationality |||||||||||||||||||| 83%
    Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||||| 56%
    Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||| 50%
    Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||| 50%
    Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||||||| 73%

    type score type behavior motivation
    5 25 I must be knowledgeable to survive.
    9 22 I must maintain peace/calm to survive.
    6 17 I must be secure and safe to survive.
    4 16 I must be unique/different to survive.
    3 15 I must be impressive and attractive to survive.
    7 15 I must be fun and entertained to survive.
    8 15 I must be strong and in control to survive.

  8. #18
    Member ArpeggiatingCantata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    MBTI
    BUTT
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    What's the origin of your user name?
    I've been double majoring in music, and so it's one of the first things that came to mind to use.... A cantata being a type of song.....and arpeggiating from arpeggios.....
    Just random but that's how I made it up, I looked at what was around me. :P

  9. #19
    Member ArpeggiatingCantata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    MBTI
    BUTT
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    You really remind me of an INTJ friend (from your description). I don't see how you could be an F. These are my 2 cents.
    Thanks! INTJ... ergh....
    Maybe. Though the Te is kind of eh....
    But will look into it, thanks.

  10. #20
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by plastic View Post
    I understand that INTJ's like objective data, but aren't you also supposed to be able to read between the lines? In fact, her description is more valuable to you than test results because you're getting it from the source, not a secondary (and at least partially flawed) interpretation. Step up your game!
    That is exactly why I am asking. I am pretty sure that I can represent myself as a ENTJ and everything would be factually correct ..... but that would not make me a ENTJ.

    Reading between the lines exactly suggests that the first post could be incomplete and pretty subjective picture.





    Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    You really remind me of an INTJ friend (from your description). I don't see how you could be an F. These are my 2 cents.
    It has alot of Enneagram 5 traits but nothing that clearly says INTJ.



    Quote Originally Posted by ArpeggiatingCantata View Post
    Thanks! INTJ... ergh....
    Maybe. Though the Te is kind of eh....
    But will look into it, thanks.
    When I merge your own descriptions and test results I would say that you are most likely to be an INTP or a INFJ that is stuck in a NiTi loop (INFJ type 5)


    I simply dont see any real TJ arrogance in you and you seem to be a fairly passive person from your enneagram results.

Similar Threads

  1. Help type me please- ask any questions you want.
    By Yay in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-02-2017, 10:42 AM
  2. Help me make sense of this rambling; MBTI typing
    By socratically in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-21-2016, 01:27 PM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-27-2015, 04:37 PM
  4. Try to type me, please.
    By Haphazard in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 111
    Last Post: 04-10-2009, 10:20 AM
  5. New here and just want to finally figure out my type.
    By LeetoLydia in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-19-2008, 09:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO