• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me as a child! :D

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Alright, so I thought that this might give me some insight on how I came to be as a I am now, as it might reveal some things about myself that I don't even consciously recognize in me anymore because I have learned to cope with these certain traits, tendencies, desires, reactions, fears, etc (although it's mostly to see if my true self is revealed in this, as I might have learned to control myself better)

What I have here is some stuff taken from a ginormous psycho-analysis of me when I was younger (probably from age 7 to 9), and, based on this, I want to see what you think my type was (in MBTI, Enneagram, and instinctual variant):

"Some results did indicate elavated symptoms of depression and anxiety."

"Clinically significant: hyperactivity, depression, withdrawal, adaptability; at-risk areas: aggression, atypicality, attention problems, social skills, leadership, study skills"

"Parent clinically significant: hyperactivity, attention problems, adaptability; at risk: aggression, anxiety, depression, social skills, leadership"

"At risk: attitude towards teachers, atypicality, focus of control, anxiety, depression, sense of inadequacy, interpersonal relationships, self-esteem
Clinically significant: social stress, self-reliance"

"In identifying the specific reason for the referral his teacher, Mrs. Pruden, stated that '[Hazashin] consistently refuses to start activities that require written expression and needs constant redirection to stay on task.'"

"She also indicated that [Hazashin] 'doesn't like to participate in physical activities; he whines and complains when expected to cooperate with a team at recess.'"

"[Hazashin] is described by his stepmother as smart, loving, funny, and creative. She noted that [Hazashin] can be very moody."

"The following behavior characteristics were marked by Mrs. [my last name] as being descriptive of [Hazashin]:
- argues
- cries
- complains/whines
- fearful/anxious
- stubborn
- negative
- shy or timid
- throws temper tantrums
- perfectionistic
- impulsive
- dependent
- friendly
- withdrawn
- restless
- has nightmares
- gives up easily
- overly active"

"[Hazashin] is described by his classroom teacher as a child who initiates conversations with others, participates in class dicussions, and has a good vocabulary. He has strong math concepts, enjoys science and hands-on activites, and also enjoys reading fantasy/fiction stories related to magic and special powers. He displays adequate fine-motor skills but he is less coordinated in gross motor areas. His teacher also indicated that [Hazashin] has limited social skills, is frequently inattentive, has a high activity level, and appears overly self-conscious."

EDIT: I seemed to have missed these parts of the analysis:

"[Hazashin] was given the Sentence Completion Test to try and gain further information about his feelings regarding different areas of his life. The task consists of sentence stems, which the student is asked to read and complete. [Hazashin]'s responses reveal some anxiety (The future feels like I'm going to die when I'm 27); At bedtime I get scared sometimes) and some indications of social stress (People tease me a lot; Other people tease me). He seems to have the sense that he is not doing well as he would like to in school (In school I most of the time get bad grades; I hate getting bad grades)."

"[Hazashin] also indicated a preference for doing activities alone relative to his family configuration. For example, when asked to draw a picture of his family doing an activity together (Kinetic Family Drawing) he sketched a picture that indicated his stepmother, father, two sisters, and himself. In the picture, his family is watching a football game together. He sketched his stepmother and father on a couch together on one side of the room with his sisters nearby. On the opposite side of the room, [Hazashin] sketched himself sitting alone watching the football game. When asked later if this was typical of a family activity together, [Hazashin] indicated that he prefers to do things alone."

"[...] He indicated that he often has nightmares, worries a lot of the time, is bothered by thoughts about death, worries about something bad happening to him, worries about what is going to happen, and worries when he goes to bed at night. Related to signs of depression, [Hazashin] endorsed the following items as being true: "Life is getting worse and worse"; "No one understands me"; "I prefer to be alone most of the time"; "I used to be happier"; "I have too many problems"; and "Nothing goes my way.""

"On the Adaptive Scales, [Hazashin] rated himself in the "At-risk" range for Interpersonal Relations and Self-Esteem. He rated himself in the "Clinically Significant" range in the area of Self-Reliance. These scores indicated that [Hazashin] is having difficulty with interpersonal relations and maintaining positive self-esteem. Further, [Hazashin] feels that he unable to adequately rely on himself to resolve his problems and feelings of inadequacy."

"On the Clinical Scales, [Hazashin] rated himself in the "Clinically Significant" range in the area of Social Stress. This score indicates that [Hazashin] is reporting problems with maintaining age-appropriate interpersonal relations. He endorsed the following items as true: "Other people always find things wrong with me"; "Other children are happier than I am"; "I wish I were invited over to people's houses more"; "People say bad things to me"; "People act as if they don't hear me"; "I am lonely"; and "I am bothered by teasing from others"."

"Both Mr. [my last name] and [Hazashin]'s teacher rated him in the "at-risk" range for Aggression. Specifically, both raters indicated that [Hazashin] argues when denied his own way, breaks things when angered, is a "sore loser", is critical of others, argues with parents, and talks back to teachers. Both raters also had concerns regarding [Hazashin]'s atypical behaviors. Some of these behaviors include complaining about being unable to block out unwanted thoughts, repeating one activity over and over, picking at things like own hair, nails, or clothing, daydreaming, and having strange ideas. Further, both Mr. [my last name] and Mrs. Pruden have concerns regarding [Hazashin]'s level of depressive symptoms. Mr. [my last name] also has concerns relating to [Hazashin]'s level of anxiety symptoms. Some behaviors related to those areas include [Hazashin] saying, "I don't have any friends," crying easily, saying, "nobody likes me," being teased, and generally being easy to upset. Specifically related to anxiety, Mr. [my last name] reports that [Hazashin] sometimes worries, is afraid of dying, almost always worries about things that cannot be changed, and worries about what teachers and his parents will think. These cores indicated that [Hazashin] is at-risk for having clinically significant levels of anxiety and depression."

WhimsyGirl

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
all that anxiety! points to six, i would think. six. sp/sx. int/fp.

WhimsyGirl

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i think so. i mean, just based on what i see, i mean a lot of this kinda seems negative, but the fact that u were "withdrawn" and had issues with social skills and leadership and working with a team, would kinda point to an ill-adjusted young introvert. also the inattention, the "living inside one's own mind" and self-consciousness would indicate that. The N--the fascination with magic and fantasy and fiction, points to intuitive, i would think. again, seeming ill-at-ease with the world, the "atypicality" and "aggression" feel less Se or Si than an N. P--this is a bit harder b/c you had issues with dependability BUT i don't get a general feel that you had the groundedness of a "J", the dependence, the need to be re-oriented to stay on task, the hyperactivity feels more J. this is without cognitive functions and also just my opinion. it's hard to tell P or J b/c i can't tell which was more dominant, like the hyperactivity or the "withdrawnness," but that would be my guess. what do u think?
also, if u want, and can apply these concepts/ur own self-concept, there's a test for people to type children:

http://www.personalitypage.com/cgi-local/build_pqk.cgi

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Oh, by the way, I seemed to have missed these parts of the analysis:

"[Hazashin] was given the Sentence Completion Test to try and gain further information about his feelings regarding different areas of his life. The task consists of sentence stems, which the student is asked to read and complete. [Hazashin]'s responses reveal some anxiety (The future feels like I'm going to die when I'm 27); At bedtime I get scared sometimes) and some indications of social stress (People tease me a lot; Other people tease me). He seems to have the sense that he is not doing well as he would like to in school (In school I most of the time get bad grades; I hate getting bad grades)."

"[Hazashin] also indicated a preference for doing activities alone relative to his family configuration. For example, when asked to draw a picture of his family doing an activity together (Kinetic Family Drawing) he sketched a picture that indicated his stepmother, father, two sisters, and himself. In the picture, his family is watching a football game together. He sketched his stepmother and father on a couch together on one side of the room with his sisters nearby. On the opposite side of the room, [Hazashin] sketched himself sitting alone watching the football game. When asked later if this was typical of a family activity together, [Hazashin] indicated that he prefers to do things alone."

"[...] He indicated that he often has nightmares, worries a lot of the time, is bothered by thoughts about death, worries about something bad happening to him, worries about what is going to happen, and worries when he goes to bed at night. Related to signs of depression, [Hazashin] endorsed the following items as being true: "Life is getting worse and worse"; "No one understands me"; "I prefer to be alone most of the time"; "I used to be happier"; "I have too many problems"; and "Nothing goes my way.""

"On the Adaptive Scales, [Hazashin] rated himself in the "At-risk" range for Interpersonal Relations and Self-Esteem. He rated himself in the "Clinically Significant" range in the area of Self-Reliance. These scores indicated that [Hazashin] is having difficulty with interpersonal relations and maintaining positive self-esteem. Further, [Hazashin] feels that he unable to adequately rely on himself to resolve his problems and feelings of inadequacy."

"On the Clinical Scales, [Hazashin] rated himself in the "Clinically Significant" range in the area of Social Stress. This score indicates that [Hazashin] is reporting problems with maintaining age-appropriate interpersonal relations. He endorsed the following items as true: "Other people always find things wrong with me"; "Other children are happier than I am"; "I wish I were invited over to people's houses more"; "People say bad things to me"; "People act as if they don't hear me"; "I am lonely"; and "I am bothered by teasing from others"."

"Both Mr. [my last name] and [Hazashin]'s teacher rated him in the "at-risk" range for Aggression. Specifically, both raters indicated that [Hazashin] argues when denied his own way, breaks things when angered, is a "sore loser", is critical of others, argues with parents, and talks back to teachers. Both raters also had concerns regarding [Hazashin]'s atypical behaviors. Some of these behaviors include complaining about being unable to block out unwanted thoughts, repeating one activity over and over, picking at things like own hair, nails, or clothing, daydreaming, and having strange ideas. Further, both Mr. [my last name] and Mrs. Pruden have concerns regarding [Hazashin]'s level of depressive symptoms. Mr. [my last name] also has concerns relating to [Hazashin]'s level of anxiety symptoms. Some behaviors related to those areas include [Hazashin] saying, "I don't have any friends," crying easily, saying, "nobody likes me," being teased, and generally being easy to upset. Specifically related to anxiety, Mr. [my last name] reports that [Hazashin] sometimes worries, is afraid of dying, almost always worries about things that cannot be changed, and worries about what teachers and his parents will think. These cores indicated that [Hazashin] is at-risk for having clinically significant levels of anxiety and depression."

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
EDIT: I seemed to have missed these parts of the analysis:

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Well, I'm no expert, but Type 6 seems to fit pretty well with those descriptions. There could be other factors involved, though.

Also, you sure it's safe to post that? I understand it's a pretty private thing... :unsure:

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The school evaluations, they're all just too clinicalized.... honestly I doubt we can tell hardly anything about type from this. The problem is with those school evaluations is it is almost like they ignore things like personality as much as possible to get to an unbiased view of what areas of pure functioning need work (which is good in a way, because as you see when they do accidently touch upon personality related stuff it is often very biased by whoever is writing it). The way that you showed your anxiety and the interest in being alone may indicate Ixxx...... but then if you did have an anxiety disorder that can throw off everything else. I'd think a better picture would not come from these adults but more of something like that questionaire that whimsygirl posted.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Also, you sure it's safe to post that? I understand it's a pretty private thing... :unsure:

Eh, well, it's over 8 years old. I doubt they would care now. Besides, that was when I lived in a different state. And wouldn't it be up to me (especially now since I'm 18) to disclose that?

The school evaluations, they're all just too clinicalized.... honestly I doubt we can tell hardly anything about type from this. The problem is with those school evaluations is it is almost like they ignore things like personality as much as possible to get to an unbiased view of what areas of pure functioning need work (which is good in a way, because as you see when they do accidently touch upon personality related stuff it is often very biased by whoever is writing it). The way that you showed your anxiety and the interest in being alone may indicate Ixxx...... but then if you did have an anxiety disorder that can throw off everything else. I'd think a better picture would not come from these adults but more of something like that questionaire that whimsygirl posted.

Well, these weren't just school psychologists. They were a few psychologists I had seen outside of school that just conversed with my teachers (most particularly my third grade teacher).

But, I see your point. I shall take that test WhimsyGirl suggested.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Eh, well, it's over 8 years old. I doubt they would care now. Besides, that was when I lived in a different state. And wouldn't it be up to me (especially now since I'm 18) to disclose that?

Oh, I know. I meant your privacy. Sorry 'bout that.

More of a cautionary note than anything. ^_^''

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
based on this:
I?F? 6w7 Sx/Sp

WhimsyGirl

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
do u think u might be something different? are there any other types ur considering?

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
do u think u might be something different? are there any other types ur considering?

Well, I was considering 9 (and possibly 2 or 4), as I am much different now, as I am now more laid-back/easy-going, accepting/uncritical, optimistic (well, just less pessimistic), nonchalant (about some things), adventurous (depends on what it is, though), even-tempered, and warm (I'm also not aggressive at all anymore; in fact, I'm the opposite), but I think this probably confirms 6 for me. It is too obvious. Plus, I still maintain a good deal of 6 traits (occasional anxiousness, loyalness, cautiousness, self-criticality, insecureness (low self-esteem), doubtfulness, and indecisiveness).

WhimsyGirl

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well, I was considering 9 (and possibly 2 or 4), as I am much different now, as I am now more laid-back/easy-going, accepting/uncritical, optimistic (well, just less pessimistic), nonchalant (about some things), adventurous (depends on what it is, though), even-tempered, and warm (I'm also not aggressive at all anymore; in fact, I'm the opposite), but I think this probably confirms 6 for me. It is too obvious. Plus, I still maintain a good deal of 6 traits (occasional anxiousness, loyalness, cautiousness, self-criticality, insecureness (low self-esteem), doubtfulness, and indecisiveness).

well, the integration point of a 6 is 9, so you could be getting healthier! :) In terms of 2 or 4, those, i think, are the most common mistaken ones because they're all emotional and can have similar issues (codependent, fearful, social anxiety, feeling misunderstood, having hard time with people, etc.). read up more on the 6. the other type i was thinking was 4 (i think you seem too "aggressive" and "withdrawn" to be a true 2, but again, just my opinion...), esp with the feeling of being lonely, misunderstood, loner. but it's different motivations i think (idk exactly, b/c im kinda fuzzy on this myself). do u identify with a 4 more? i don't think i see much 9 in those evaluations lol...

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well, the integration point of a 6 is 9, so you could be getting healthier! :) In terms of 2 or 4, those, i think, are the most common mistaken ones because they're all emotional and can have similar issues (codependent, fearful, social anxiety, feeling misunderstood, having hard time with people, etc.). read up more on the 6. the other type i was thinking was 4 (i think you seem too "aggressive" and "withdrawn" to be a true 2, but again, just my opinion...), esp with the feeling of being lonely, misunderstood, loner. but it's different motivations i think (idk exactly, b/c im kinda fuzzy on this myself). do u identify with a 4 more? i don't think i see much 9 in those evaluations lol...

Yeah, I feel ya. I was seriously reconsidering myself to be a 9 (as I considered myself a 6) because I don't have the hyper-vigilance, hyper-awareness, or overt anxiety that is often characteristic of a 6. Plus, I'm afraid of and dislike conflict (which is 9-ish). But, after I looked at this evaluation, it became clear to me that I was a 6 when I was child -- and below average to unhealthy one, at that. I just wanted to check with others to hear their opinions.

As for 4, I actually originally had myself typed as that, but I realized that my motivation and fear was more 6-like than 4-like. While I like to be individualistic, it isn't my primary goal.

Here's an explanation of the differences between the two types to see why. I have bolded stuff that I relate to, and crossed out stuff that I don't relate to:

Misidentifying Fours and Sixes

While there are real similarities between the two types, there are even more differences. The principal difference is that Sixes are usually extremely appealing and relate well to people; they have the ability to unconsciously engage the emotions of others so that others will like them and form secure relationships with them. Fours, in contrast, do not relate primarily to people but to their own inner emotional states. Fours take it for granted that they are alone in life, and find it difficult to form bonds with others—something that comes easily to Sixes. The psychic structures of the two types are also very different: Fours are true introverts, while Sixes are a blend of introversion and extroversion—true ambiverts who possess qualities of both orientations.

Confusion arises between these types principally on the part of Sixes who think that they are Fours for two main reasons. First, some Sixes identify with the negative side of the Four (depression, inferiority, self-doubt, and hopelessness, for example) and think they must be Fours because they recognize similar traits in themselves. The difference lies in the motivations for these traits. For example, while all the types can become depressed, Fours do so because they are disappointed with themselves for having lost some opportunity to actualize themselves. They become depressed when they realize that in their search for self, they have gone down a blind alley and now must pay the price. Unhealthy, depressed Fours are essentially angry with themselves for bringing this on themselves or for allowing it to happen.

By contrast, Sixes become depressed when they fear that they have done something to make their authority figure [friends/intimates] mad at them. Their depression is a response to their self-disparagement; it comes from the fear that the authority is angry with them and will punish them. Thus, the depression of Sixes is exogenous (coming from the outside) and can be relieved by a word of reassurance from the authority. This is not the case with Fours whose depression is endogenous (coming from the inside), a response to their self-accusations.

Second, we have characterized the Four as The Individualist , and some Sixes who are artistic think that they therefore must be Fours. However, as noted above in the discussion of Fours and Nines, artistic talent is not the sole domain of Fours, so it is entirely possible for Sixes to be artists of one kind or another. Even so, there are important differences in the creative work produced by these two types.

In general, Sixes tend to be performing artists, while Fours tend to be original creators. Sixes are more likely to be actors or musicians than poets and playwrights, more likely to perform the words or music of someone else than to create it themselves. Even those Sixes who are creative tend either to be traditionalists, creating within firmly established rules and styles, or they go to an extreme and become rebellious, reacting against traditionalism–such as rock stars and experimental novelists who purposely defy traditional forms. In either case, both tradition and reactions against it are an important aspect of their art. The themes typically found in the art of Sixes have to do with belonging, security, family, politics, country, and common values.

Creative Fours, by contrast, are individualists who go their own way to explore their feelings and other subjective personal states. The artistic products of Fours are much less involved either with following a tradition or with reacting against it. Fours are less apt to use political or communal experiences as the subject matter for their work, choosing instead the movements of their own souls, their personal revelations, the darkness and light they discover in themselves as they become immersed in the creative process. By listening to their inner voices, even average Fours may speak to the universal person or fail to communicate to anyone, at least to their contemporaries. They may be ahead of their time not because they are trying to be rebellious or avant-garde, but because they develop their own forms to express their personal point of view. What is important to Fours is not the tradition but personal truth. Tradition is no more than a backdrop against which Fours play out their own personal dramas. Compare and contrast the personalities of Rudolf Nureyev and Peter Ilich Tchaikovsky (Fours) with those of Mikhail Baryshnikov and Johannes Brahms (Sixes) for further similarities and differences.

WhimsyGirl

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
wow! i love descriptions of 4's because they're just so esoteric and abstract it's like does anyone truly relate to this IRL?? lol.
so i think u've kinda just proved it to urself by highlighting very 6-like FUNDAMENTAL traits. the thing abt traditionalism, i think, is more a societal thing that it's just no longer valued in general (among ppl our age). also, that whole thing about "original" art vs. "performance" art, is not really a way to base ur type off of but kinda just a "fun fact." (both those types can NOT be artists, also, and not relate to either of those descriptions...) that's wat i would keep in mind when reading. i think the thing about 4's being "true introverts" who see themselves as fundamentally alone and different vs. the ambiversion of a 6 is really smart and a good way to tell....IMO.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
wow! i love descriptions of 4's because they're just so esoteric and abstract it's like does anyone truly relate to this IRL?? lol.

I know, right?!? 4's are just so BA! It kinda makes me want to be one lol.

so i think u've kinda just proved it to urself by highlighting very 6-like FUNDAMENTAL traits. the thing abt traditionalism, i think, is more a societal thing that it's just no longer valued in general (among ppl our age). also, that whole thing about "original" art vs. "performance" art, is not really a way to base ur type off of but kinda just a "fun fact." (both those types can NOT be artists, also, and not relate to either of those descriptions...) that's wat i would keep in mind when reading. i think the thing about 4's being "true introverts" who see themselves as fundamentally alone and different vs. the ambiversion of a 6 is really smart and a good way to tell....IMO.

Well, actually, I relate a lot more to other descriptions of the 6 (as this was merely a description explaining the differences between 4 and 6). If you go to this thread, you can see what I'm like and how much I am 6-like: http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/enneagram/54303-type-6-9-a.html