Hey folks, prior to giving you the details, I'm not new to this whole typology stuff, but I'm basically going around acquiring as many opinions from different places (admittedly to make it look like I'm not utterly desperate on other forums).
So without further ado...
- I’m very uncertain of things. When a contrary fact/detail presents itself that I think denotes a certain ‘quality’ I become unsure of my prior conclusion, as I see this detail capable of unseating my prior notions (E.G. all of my typology threads have devolved into insecure babbling where I present as many contrary things as possible, and vacillate between yes/no/maybe/whaddamIdoing?!?)
- I can be very spontaneous in what I recognize in the world around me. For example, I saw somebody’s nametag “Christian G” as his name-tag and I thought “Hey, Christian God”. This happen more than I’m aware of but I noticed it when I was out walking.
- Recalling things is a cinch when I’m given an ‘impetus’ to remember it, like “oh blah blah blah” implying a specific fact evokes a ton of things in me. Fields I’m good in are like “wazaam” with all the facts. Good fields include that of shipwrecks, comics, certain volcanic eruptions. I’m bad with memorizing things like dates though- I’m best with the generalized facts about those events etc.
- I’m sensitive and easy to upset. Learning to take myself less seriously is something I keep in mind.
- I love talking to people about things that interest me, and somewhat good at making fun of things we share common knowledge in.
- I’m very obsessive with things.
- I procrastinate a lot not so much because I don’t want to do the activity, but more because I’m addicted to mindless and time-sapping pursuits (reading comics online with a series I like till the cows come home)
- I tend to speak what’s on my mind unless it “offends” people I’m not totally unfamiliar with. I’m concerned with hurting people, and never do it intentionally.
- I’m insecure about my intelligence, anything that I value. Insecure about certain MBTI/JCF thingies as well.
- Academically, I’ve never been very strong in math and I tend to undersell my strengths because I’m insecure. I feel like I’m self-bloviating when I say “I’m good at stuff” and try to avoid saying “I suck” at things because I feel like it’s something other people shouldn’t have to/don’t enjoy hearing anyway.
- I get homesick easily, but I adapt.
- I love animals. My pets are my favorite two living things in the world.
- I tend to avoid things that would scare me, but I can appreciate horror for the meaning it provides.
- I love philosophy.
- Ideas seem to generate best on a moment by moment basis. As I speak, the ideas free-flow, and sometimes I’ll honestly have to recall what I just said because I end up seeing how fruitless that thought was after saying it.
- I don’t organize things. My backpack is a disaster-relief zone, my work habits are very messy as well (I’ll end up procrastinating then working).
- I’m always unsure of whether I’m correct or not when answering things.
Before anything else, I’d like to establish that I’m sure of a ‘6’ Enneagram. In the past, I’ve been typed primarily ESFJ and INFJ. I’ve seen some (E/I)NFP in what I’d call behavior
Thanks for any help in advance
P.S. if you guys need any more ammunition in anything specific please ask and I'll deliver.
Update 1 additions:
- I tend to be a lot more serious/worried when alone. When in the presence of others, I'm generally a joker and am not hesitant to talk about the way I may feel. I also tend to be worried about planned interactions until I'm actually in the midst of my friends where I'll act quite naturally.
- I tend to react very emotionally when somebody brings up an emotion-generating stance/opinion but I withhold this feeling.
- When I get frustrated on something like a test (which I see as a testing ground for my intellect) I become very visibly dejected and depressed.
Update 2 additions:
Moar edits (using some of that childhood stuff Hazashin sort of brought up):
- In 3rd grade I could get into tantrums pretty easily. I generally stopped because my mom would get so angry at me, and I intensely disliked that sort of bad attention.
- I never did well in class- maybe because I've always had trouble doing my homework. In high-school I did a lot better, but I still have an issue doing any work.
- My self esteem is in the pits when it comes to 'being smart'. I always think that I'm bad at stuff, especially the things I value.
- Hard time focusing on anything.
- Not very self-editing, I'm very involved in what I'm saying so I lose the outsider perspective of it sometimes.
- I'm irritable and easy to upset.
- I had few friends.
- I trace a lot of my insecurity etc. to my sensitivity to perceived teasing. I've gotten better now.
- When I'm taking a test and I start doing poorly, I become very visibly agitated.
- I tend to avoid opposing views to mine as I'm scared of the conflict and being wrong.
- I hate myself for not getting anything done, that is to say, my laziness and lack of focus.