User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Help type me?!

Default Help type me?!

Hey folks, prior to giving you the details, I'm not new to this whole typology stuff, but I'm basically going around acquiring as many opinions from different places (admittedly to make it look like I'm not utterly desperate on other forums).

So without further ado...

- I’m very uncertain of things. When a contrary fact/detail presents itself that I think denotes a certain ‘quality’ I become unsure of my prior conclusion, as I see this detail capable of unseating my prior notions (E.G. all of my typology threads have devolved into insecure babbling where I present as many contrary things as possible, and vacillate between yes/no/maybe/whaddamIdoing?!?)
    - I can be very spontaneous in what I recognize in the world around me. For example, I saw somebody’s nametag “Christian G” as his name-tag and I thought “Hey, Christian God”. This happen more than I’m aware of but I noticed it when I was out walking.
    - Recalling things is a cinch when I’m given an ‘impetus’ to remember it, like “oh blah blah blah” implying a specific fact evokes a ton of things in me. Fields I’m good in are like “wazaam” with all the facts. Good fields include that of shipwrecks, comics, certain volcanic eruptions. I’m bad with memorizing things like dates though- I’m best with the generalized facts about those events etc.
    - I’m sensitive and easy to upset. Learning to take myself less seriously is something I keep in mind.
    - I love talking to people about things that interest me, and somewhat good at making fun of things we share common knowledge in.
    - I’m very obsessive with things.
    - I procrastinate a lot not so much because I don’t want to do the activity, but more because I’m addicted to mindless and time-sapping pursuits (reading comics online with a series I like till the cows come home)
    - I tend to speak what’s on my mind unless it “offends” people I’m not totally unfamiliar with. I’m concerned with hurting people, and never do it intentionally.
    - I’m insecure about my intelligence, anything that I value. Insecure about certain MBTI/JCF thingies as well.
    - Academically, I’ve never been very strong in math and I tend to undersell my strengths because I’m insecure. I feel like I’m self-bloviating when I say “I’m good at stuff” and try to avoid saying “I suck” at things because I feel like it’s something other people shouldn’t have to/don’t enjoy hearing anyway.
    - I get homesick easily, but I adapt.
    - I love animals. My pets are my favorite two living things in the world.
    - I tend to avoid things that would scare me, but I can appreciate horror for the meaning it provides.
    - I love philosophy.
    - Ideas seem to generate best on a moment by moment basis. As I speak, the ideas free-flow, and sometimes I’ll honestly have to recall what I just said because I end up seeing how fruitless that thought was after saying it.
    - I don’t organize things. My backpack is a disaster-relief zone, my work habits are very messy as well (I’ll end up procrastinating then working).
    - I’m always unsure of whether I’m correct or not when answering things.

Before anything else, I’d like to establish that I’m sure of a ‘6’ Enneagram. In the past, I’ve been typed primarily ESFJ and INFJ. I’ve seen some (E/I)NFP in what I’d call behavior

Thanks for any help in advance

P.S. if you guys need any more ammunition in anything specific please ask and I'll deliver.

Update 1 additions:

- I tend to be a lot more serious/worried when alone. When in the presence of others, I'm generally a joker and am not hesitant to talk about the way I may feel. I also tend to be worried about planned interactions until I'm actually in the midst of my friends where I'll act quite naturally.
    - I tend to react very emotionally when somebody brings up an emotion-generating stance/opinion but I withhold this feeling.
    - When I get frustrated on something like a test (which I see as a testing ground for my intellect) I become very visibly dejected and depressed.

Update 2 additions:

Moar edits (using some of that childhood stuff Hazashin sort of brought up):

- In 3rd grade I could get into tantrums pretty easily. I generally stopped because my mom would get so angry at me, and I intensely disliked that sort of bad attention.
    - I never did well in class- maybe because I've always had trouble doing my homework. In high-school I did a lot better, but I still have an issue doing any work.
    - My self esteem is in the pits when it comes to 'being smart'. I always think that I'm bad at stuff, especially the things I value.
    - Hard time focusing on anything.
    - Not very self-editing, I'm very involved in what I'm saying so I lose the outsider perspective of it sometimes.
    - I'm irritable and easy to upset.
    - I had few friends.
    - I trace a lot of my insecurity etc. to my sensitivity to perceived teasing. I've gotten better now.
    - When I'm taking a test and I start doing poorly, I become very visibly agitated.
    - I tend to avoid opposing views to mine as I'm scared of the conflict and being wrong.
    - I hate myself for not getting anything done, that is to say, my laziness and lack of focus.
    Last edited by Korvax; 03-25-2012 at 11:40 AM.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Upon initial analysis, I'd say INFP 6w7. Not too sure on the instinctual varient though.

Oh, and welcome to the forums I'm not sure why, but your username sounds familiar to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Upon initial analysis, I'd say INFP 6w7. Not too sure on the instinctual varient though.

Oh, and welcome to the forums I'm not sure why, but your username sounds familiar to me.
    Thanks for the welcome wagon :P

The username is derived from the villain of the Muzzy educational language series. He's some green goblin/spectre thingie.

http://a6.idata.over-blog.com/2/65/4...res/corvax.jpg

I also plan on updating the main intro post from time to time when I find extra stuff in my behavior

Maybe I'll also add them in these posts too for the sake of bumpin'

But to add:

- I tend to be a lot more serious/worried when alone. When in the presence of others, I'm generally a joker and am not hesitant to talk about the way I may feel. I also tend to be worried about planned interactions until I'm actually in the midst of my friends where I'll act quite naturally.
    - I tend to react very emotionally when somebody brings up an emotion-generating stance/opinion but I withhold this feeling.
    - When I get frustrated on something like a test (which I see as a testing ground for my intellect) I become very visibly dejected and depressed.
    - I wouldn't say I'm a good writer. I think I'm too straightforward and lazy to write very well (maybe it's just hard for me to get into a writing 'mood'?)

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Korvax View Post
    Thanks for the welcome wagon :P
    Sure thing

The username is derived from the villain of the Muzzy educational language series. He's some green goblin/spectre thingie.

http://a6.idata.over-blog.com/2/65/4...res/corvax.jpg
    Uh, never heard of this, I'll check it out, thanks.

But to add:

This seems to confirm 6w7 as enneagram type. I'm still not certain on the vareint though; what vareint do you think you currently are and why?

I'm not sure about variants actually. I could probably find scenarios where each might be the most prevalent etc.

Need to think about this.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

It's Corvax from Muzzy!

I watched that show in my German I class from last year. ^_^
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Korvax View Post
    I'm not sure about variants actually. I could probably find scenarios where each might be the most prevalent etc.

Need to think about this.
    Here's a link, I'll post more later, busy atm

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ctual-Subtypes

Moar edits (using some of that childhood stuff Hazashin sort of brought up):

- In 3rd grade I could get into tantrums pretty easily. I generally stopped because my mom would get so angry at me, and I intensely disliked that sort of bad attention.
    - I never did well in class- maybe because I've always had trouble doing my homework. In high-school I did a lot better, but I still have an issue doing any work.
    - My self esteem is in the pits when it comes to 'being smart'. I always think that I'm bad at stuff, especially the things I value.
    - Hard time focusing on anything.
    - Not very self-editing, I'm very involved in what I'm saying so I lose the outsider perspective of it sometimes.
    - I'm irritable and easy to upset.
    - I had few friends.
    - I trace a lot of my insecurity etc. to my sensitivity to perceived teasing. I've gotten better now.
    - When I'm taking a test and I start doing poorly, I become very visibly agitated.
    - I tend to avoid opposing views to mine as I'm scared of the conflict and being wrong.
    - I hate myself for not getting anything done, that is to say, my laziness and lack of focus.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

From the addition stuff above, 6 still seems about most likely.

Oh, and here be those other links that I meant to post:

http://theenneagram.blogspot.com/200...-variants.html
    http://theenneagram.blogspot.com/200...stackings.html
    http://www.ocean-moonshine.net/e1428...position=80:80

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    From the addition stuff above, 6 still seems about most likely.

Oh, and here be those other links that I meant to post:

http://theenneagram.blogspot.com/200...-variants.html
    http://theenneagram.blogspot.com/200...stackings.html
    http://www.ocean-moonshine.net/e1428...position=80:80
    To be honest, I'm pretty sure about my enneagram- thanks for all the help in finding it though. What's bugging me most now is JCF/MBTI type-esque stuff.

I'm inclined towards ENFP/INFP at this point, but INFJ seems viable as well. Maybe even ISFJ/ESFJ hold some sway (although I sort of doubt it).