• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help type me?!

Korvax

Hey folks, prior to giving you the details, I'm not new to this whole typology stuff, but I'm basically going around acquiring as many opinions from different places (admittedly to make it look like I'm not utterly desperate on other forums).

So without further ado...

- I’m very uncertain of things. When a contrary fact/detail presents itself that I think denotes a certain ‘quality’ I become unsure of my prior conclusion, as I see this detail capable of unseating my prior notions (E.G. all of my typology threads have devolved into insecure babbling where I present as many contrary things as possible, and vacillate between yes/no/maybe/whaddamIdoing?!?)
- I can be very spontaneous in what I recognize in the world around me. For example, I saw somebody’s nametag “Christian G” as his name-tag and I thought “Hey, Christian God”. This happen more than I’m aware of but I noticed it when I was out walking.
- Recalling things is a cinch when I’m given an ‘impetus’ to remember it, like “oh blah blah blah” implying a specific fact evokes a ton of things in me. Fields I’m good in are like “wazaam” with all the facts. Good fields include that of shipwrecks, comics, certain volcanic eruptions. I’m bad with memorizing things like dates though- I’m best with the generalized facts about those events etc.
- I’m sensitive and easy to upset. Learning to take myself less seriously is something I keep in mind.
- I love talking to people about things that interest me, and somewhat good at making fun of things we share common knowledge in.
- I’m very obsessive with things.
- I procrastinate a lot not so much because I don’t want to do the activity, but more because I’m addicted to mindless and time-sapping pursuits (reading comics online with a series I like till the cows come home)
- I tend to speak what’s on my mind unless it “offends” people I’m not totally unfamiliar with. I’m concerned with hurting people, and never do it intentionally.
- I’m insecure about my intelligence, anything that I value. Insecure about certain MBTI/JCF thingies as well.
- Academically, I’ve never been very strong in math and I tend to undersell my strengths because I’m insecure. I feel like I’m self-bloviating when I say “I’m good at stuff” and try to avoid saying “I suck” at things because I feel like it’s something other people shouldn’t have to/don’t enjoy hearing anyway.
- I get homesick easily, but I adapt.
- I love animals. My pets are my favorite two living things in the world.
- I tend to avoid things that would scare me, but I can appreciate horror for the meaning it provides.
- I love philosophy.
- Ideas seem to generate best on a moment by moment basis. As I speak, the ideas free-flow, and sometimes I’ll honestly have to recall what I just said because I end up seeing how fruitless that thought was after saying it.
- I don’t organize things. My backpack is a disaster-relief zone, my work habits are very messy as well (I’ll end up procrastinating then working).
- I’m always unsure of whether I’m correct or not when answering things.

Before anything else, I’d like to establish that I’m sure of a ‘6’ Enneagram. In the past, I’ve been typed primarily ESFJ and INFJ. I’ve seen some (E/I)NFP in what I’d call behavior

Thanks for any help in advance :D

P.S. if you guys need any more ammunition in anything specific please ask and I'll deliver.

Update 1 additions:

- I tend to be a lot more serious/worried when alone. When in the presence of others, I'm generally a joker and am not hesitant to talk about the way I may feel. I also tend to be worried about planned interactions until I'm actually in the midst of my friends where I'll act quite naturally.
- I tend to react very emotionally when somebody brings up an emotion-generating stance/opinion but I withhold this feeling.
- When I get frustrated on something like a test (which I see as a testing ground for my intellect) I become very visibly dejected and depressed.

Update 2 additions:

Moar edits (using some of that childhood stuff Hazashin sort of brought up):

- In 3rd grade I could get into tantrums pretty easily. I generally stopped because my mom would get so angry at me, and I intensely disliked that sort of bad attention.
- I never did well in class- maybe because I've always had trouble doing my homework. In high-school I did a lot better, but I still have an issue doing any work.
- My self esteem is in the pits when it comes to 'being smart'. I always think that I'm bad at stuff, especially the things I value.
- Hard time focusing on anything.
- Not very self-editing, I'm very involved in what I'm saying so I lose the outsider perspective of it sometimes.
- I'm irritable and easy to upset.
- I had few friends.
- I trace a lot of my insecurity etc. to my sensitivity to perceived teasing. I've gotten better now.
- When I'm taking a test and I start doing poorly, I become very visibly agitated.
- I tend to avoid opposing views to mine as I'm scared of the conflict and being wrong.
- I hate myself for not getting anything done, that is to say, my laziness and lack of focus.

Last edited:

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Upon initial analysis, I'd say INFP 6w7. Not too sure on the instinctual varient though.

Oh, and welcome to the forums :hi: I'm not sure why, but your username sounds familiar to me.

Korvax

Upon initial analysis, I'd say INFP 6w7. Not too sure on the instinctual varient though.

Oh, and welcome to the forums :hi: I'm not sure why, but your username sounds familiar to me.

Thanks for the welcome wagon :p

The username is derived from the villain of the Muzzy educational language series. He's some green goblin/spectre thingie.

http://a6.idata.over-blog.com/2/65/43/20/couvertures/corvax.jpg

I also plan on updating the main intro post from time to time when I find extra stuff in my behavior :)

Maybe I'll also add them in these posts too for the sake of bumpin'

But to add:

- I tend to be a lot more serious/worried when alone. When in the presence of others, I'm generally a joker and am not hesitant to talk about the way I may feel. I also tend to be worried about planned interactions until I'm actually in the midst of my friends where I'll act quite naturally.
- I tend to react very emotionally when somebody brings up an emotion-generating stance/opinion but I withhold this feeling.
- When I get frustrated on something like a test (which I see as a testing ground for my intellect) I become very visibly dejected and depressed.
- I wouldn't say I'm a good writer. I think I'm too straightforward and lazy to write very well (maybe it's just hard for me to get into a writing 'mood'?)

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thanks for the welcome wagon :p

Sure thing :)

The username is derived from the villain of the Muzzy educational language series. He's some green goblin/spectre thingie.

http://a6.idata.over-blog.com/2/65/43/20/couvertures/corvax.jpg

Uh, never heard of this, I'll check it out, thanks.

But to add:

This seems to confirm 6w7 as enneagram type. I'm still not certain on the vareint though; what vareint do you think you currently are and why?

Korvax

I'm not sure about variants actually. I could probably find scenarios where each might be the most prevalent etc.

Need to think about this.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's Corvax from Muzzy! :D

I watched that show in my German I class from last year. ^_^

Korvax

Moar edits (using some of that childhood stuff Hazashin sort of brought up):

- In 3rd grade I could get into tantrums pretty easily. I generally stopped because my mom would get so angry at me, and I intensely disliked that sort of bad attention.
- I never did well in class- maybe because I've always had trouble doing my homework. In high-school I did a lot better, but I still have an issue doing any work.
- My self esteem is in the pits when it comes to 'being smart'. I always think that I'm bad at stuff, especially the things I value.
- Hard time focusing on anything.
- Not very self-editing, I'm very involved in what I'm saying so I lose the outsider perspective of it sometimes.
- I'm irritable and easy to upset.
- I had few friends.
- I trace a lot of my insecurity etc. to my sensitivity to perceived teasing. I've gotten better now.
- When I'm taking a test and I start doing poorly, I become very visibly agitated.
- I tend to avoid opposing views to mine as I'm scared of the conflict and being wrong.
- I hate myself for not getting anything done, that is to say, my laziness and lack of focus.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Korvax

To be honest, I'm pretty sure about my enneagram- thanks for all the help in finding it though. What's bugging me most now is JCF/MBTI type-esque stuff.

I'm inclined towards ENFP/INFP at this point, but INFJ seems viable as well. Maybe even ISFJ/ESFJ hold some sway (although I sort of doubt it).

Korvax

By the way, I relate to you a TON. And I'm an INFP 6w7 (Sx/Sp), most likely, if that helps. :)

The only thing is, if I'm INFP, the Si function is a bit confusing to me. I generally trust memorized information when taking tests, because I'm so unsure whether or not I'll get the right answer via iNtuition. I do have very good fact recall as well. As I've said I don't think I'm good at math at all. I'm thinking that I may have iNtuition in a lower slot merely because my memory seems to be so spot on and trustworthy (with certain subjects and childhood events).

I also seem to be very upset when I've hurt others, and I try to avoid it (perhaps Fi because it upsets me to upset others- I do it for my own sake.

I'm also not the biggest risk taker in the outside world if that means anything (well, Ne is Aux in INFP so maybe it's a good match.)

Basically, my biggest concern is N/S. I feel like both happen sometimes.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The only thing is, if I'm INFP, the Si function is a bit confusing to me. I generally trust memorized information when taking tests, because I'm so unsure whether or not I'll get the right answer via iNtuition. I do have very good fact recall as well. As I've said I don't think I'm good at math at all. I'm thinking that I may have iNtuition in a lower slot merely because my memory seems to be so spot on and trustworthy (with certain subjects and childhood events).

I also seem to be very upset when I've hurt others, and I try to avoid it (perhaps Fi because it upsets me to upset others- I do it for my own sake.

I'm also not the biggest risk taker in the outside world if that means anything (well, Ne is Aux in INFP so maybe it's a good match.)

Basically, my biggest concern is N/S. I feel like both happen sometimes.

I relate to aspects of both N and S. It's the functions themselves that count, and which ones you relate with more. I have pretty good fact-recall (though this ability has dwindled over the years, as I care less lol). The biggest thing you need to find out is whether or not you have strong Ne. If you're Ne is not strong, your Fi is strongest, and your Si is second-strongest, then you are still INFP because of function dynamics. However, you would be in what's called a dominant-tertiary loop, which basically means, you're uncomfortable using your auxillary function (which serves to balance out introversion vs. extraversion, as it is the opposite in orientation), so you revert to your third function. The one for INFP would be the Fi/Si loop, as the INFP function order is: Fi - Ne - Si - Te.

See if you relate with this:

INFP/ISTJ: Fi/Si or Si/Fi--Avoidant Personality Disorder: Often scarred by some intensely negative past experience with opening up too many of their private emotions, this type compulsively avoids social situations and interaction with others. They are fiercely sensitive and may exaggerate or misconstrue perceived negative emotional intent in the words or actions of others. They will sometimes project their negative feelings onto others (Fi), as Si tells them that if I were to behave this way, I would have to be very upset, so anyone who behaves that way must also be. These types often have a chronic problem with trusting the intentions or motivations of others, refusing to share private information with even their closest friends and family. They are so deeply sensitive that they refuse to risk being hurt by attempting deep connections with others--you'll see this a lot in ISTJs with Asperger's. If Ne/Te were doing its job, these types would maintain a heathy grip on the importance of letting go of the past and trying something new in the name of accomplishing a greater goal, but some of these remain total recluses for most (if not all) of their lives.

Now, this is rather extreme, but you get the basic gist. I happen to relate this somewhat, and it makes sense, since I am particularly introverted.

So, a good way to find out how strong your functions are (and aren't) is to take a test. Try this one:

http://www.keys2cognition.com/explore.htm

Korvax

I relate to aspects of both N and S. It's the functions themselves that count, and which ones you relate with more. I have pretty good fact-recall (though this ability has dwindled over the years, as I care less lol). The biggest thing you need to find out is whether or not you have strong Ne. If you're Ne is not strong, your Fi is strongest, and your Si is second-strongest, then you are still INFP because of function dynamics. However, you would be in what's called a dominant-tertiary loop, which basically means, you're uncomfortable using your auxillary function (which serves to balance out introversion vs. extraversion, as it is the opposite in orientation), so you revert to your third function. The one for INFP would be the Fi/Si loop, as the INFP function order is: Fi - Ne - Si - Te.

See if you relate with this:

Now, this is rather extreme, but you get the basic gist. I happen to relate this somewhat, and it makes sense, since I am particularly introverted.

So, a good way to find out how strong your functions are (and aren't) is to take a test. Try this one:

http://www.keys2cognition.com/explore.htm

Wow! The description of the INFRP Fi/Si loop sounds dangerously familiar. I did have those sorts of issues in school due to sort of weird behavior (when I was made fun of I really closed myself off). My mother is the one I trust most though. I do admit that I've gotten better with this, but certain things are just taboo in my heart.

After taking the keys to cognition test these are my results:

Your Cognitive Development Profile
The forty-eight questions you rated earlier tap into the eight cognitive processes. Some questions tapped into basic or developed use of a process used by itself, while other questions tapped into use of multiple processes at once. The profile below is based on your responses. The number of squares indicate strength of response. The equivalent numeric is shown in parentheses along with likely level of development.
Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************* (25.4)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************************************* (43.5)
excellent use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************* (37.5)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************** (22.9)
limited use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *************** (15.1)
unused
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************ (24.2)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *********************** (23.3)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) *********************************************** (47.7)
excellent use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFP

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Feeling (Fi): Staying true to who you really are. Paying close attention to your personal identity, values and beliefs. Checking with your conscience. Choosing behavior congruent with what is important to you.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFP, or ISFP

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow! The description of the INFRP Fi/Si loop sounds dangerously familiar. I did have those sorts of issues in school due to sort of weird behavior (when I was made fun of I really closed myself off). My mother is the one I trust most though. I do admit that I've gotten better with this, but certain things are just taboo in my heart.

After taking the keys to cognition test these are my results: [...]

Ah, just as I suspected: an INFP with strong Si. We're in a similar boat. :D

Seriously though, you should read up some on typology. You also might find that you and I are similar. :yes:

Korvax

Ah, just as I suspected: an INFP with strong Si. We're in a similar boat. :D

Seriously though, you should read up some on typology. You also might find that you and I are similar. :yes:

If that's the case though, I want to strengthen my Ne because I tend to be a bit iffy with it academically... Or maybe that isn't how this works at all? My conversational Ne (jokes!) is very strong, but I'm very insecure of it with work, always double checking, all the time...

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If that's the case though, I want to strengthen my Ne because I tend to be a bit iffy with it academically... Or maybe that isn't how this works at all? My conversational Ne (jokes!) is very strong, but I'm very insecure of it with work, always double checking, all the time...

That's because you're a 6, like me. :D

But, yes, I would encourage you to strengthen it, though. I am trying that myself by trying to write two stories (if I can get over my P-ness and stop procrastinating lol). Have you tried that yet?

Korvax

That's because you're a 6, like me. :D

But, yes, I would encourage you to strengthen it, though. I am trying that myself by trying to write two stories (if I can get over my P-ness and stop procrastinating lol). Have you tried that yet?

That may be a good idea... Now how to tap into it? (If I really am INFP.... <-- Ooooh, 6 enneagramming!) OR perhaps I'm an Si dom with tert Ne, or is the Ne too unconsciously/unknowingly pronounced (especially in this questioning)?

Writing stories with as many bizarre variables as possible? That seems a bit too concrete... Should I just let it flow without any regard to plot? Maybe.... I feel like my writing style is too 'intentionally' a certain way, so maybe I should let all hell break loose and not structure it beforehand, or something. Now this is something I could do, especially since I don't do jack-squat like ya!

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That may be a good idea... Now how to tap into it? (If I really am INFP.... <-- Ooooh, 6 enneagramming!) OR perhaps I'm an Si dom with tert Ne, or is the Ne too unconsciously/unknowingly pronounced (especially in this questioning)?

If you're Si-dominant, then you are Ne-inferior. Just thought I'd let you know that. :laugh:

Writing stories with as many bizarre variables as possible? That seems a bit too concrete... Should I just let it flow without any regard to plot? Maybe.... I feel like my writing style is too 'intentionally' a certain way, so maybe I should let all hell break loose and not structure it beforehand, or something. Now this is something I could do, especially since I don't do jack-squat like ya!

I think you should just let it flow and revise it later. I think free-form writing often creates some of the best ever. :)

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

If you're Si-dominant, then you are Ne-inferior. Just thought I'd let you know that. :laugh:

I think you should just let it flow and revise it later. I think free-form writing often creates some of the best ever. :)