MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Korvax View Post
    [...]
    By the way, I relate to you a TON. And I'm an INFP 6w7 (Sx/Sp), most likely, if that helps.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    By the way, I relate to you a TON. And I'm an INFP 6w7 (Sx/Sp), most likely, if that helps.

The only thing is, if I'm INFP, the Si function is a bit confusing to me. I generally trust memorized information when taking tests, because I'm so unsure whether or not I'll get the right answer via iNtuition. I do have very good fact recall as well. As I've said I don't think I'm good at math at all. I'm thinking that I may have iNtuition in a lower slot merely because my memory seems to be so spot on and trustworthy (with certain subjects and childhood events).

I also seem to be very upset when I've hurt others, and I try to avoid it (perhaps Fi because it upsets me to upset others- I do it for my own sake.

I'm also not the biggest risk taker in the outside world if that means anything (well, Ne is Aux in INFP so maybe it's a good match.)

Basically, my biggest concern is N/S. I feel like both happen sometimes.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

The only thing is, if I'm INFP, the Si function is a bit confusing to me. I generally trust memorized information when taking tests, because I'm so unsure whether or not I'll get the right answer via iNtuition. I do have very good fact recall as well. As I've said I don't think I'm good at math at all. I'm thinking that I may have iNtuition in a lower slot merely because my memory seems to be so spot on and trustworthy (with certain subjects and childhood events).

I also seem to be very upset when I've hurt others, and I try to avoid it (perhaps Fi because it upsets me to upset others- I do it for my own sake.

I'm also not the biggest risk taker in the outside world if that means anything (well, Ne is Aux in INFP so maybe it's a good match.)

Basically, my biggest concern is N/S. I feel like both happen sometimes.
    I relate to aspects of both N and S. It's the functions themselves that count, and which ones you relate with more. I have pretty good fact-recall (though this ability has dwindled over the years, as I care less lol). The biggest thing you need to find out is whether or not you have strong Ne. If you're Ne is not strong, your Fi is strongest, and your Si is second-strongest, then you are still INFP because of function dynamics. However, you would be in what's called a dominant-tertiary loop, which basically means, you're uncomfortable using your auxillary function (which serves to balance out introversion vs. extraversion, as it is the opposite in orientation), so you revert to your third function. The one for INFP would be the Fi/Si loop, as the INFP function order is: Fi - Ne - Si - Te.

See if you relate with this:

INFP/ISTJ: Fi/Si or Si/Fi--Avoidant Personality Disorder: Often scarred by some intensely negative past experience with opening up too many of their private emotions, this type compulsively avoids social situations and interaction with others. They are fiercely sensitive and may exaggerate or misconstrue perceived negative emotional intent in the words or actions of others. They will sometimes project their negative feelings onto others (Fi), as Si tells them that if I were to behave this way, I would have to be very upset, so anyone who behaves that way must also be. These types often have a chronic problem with trusting the intentions or motivations of others, refusing to share private information with even their closest friends and family. They are so deeply sensitive that they refuse to risk being hurt by attempting deep connections with others--you'll see this a lot in ISTJs with Asperger's. If Ne/Te were doing its job, these types would maintain a heathy grip on the importance of letting go of the past and trying something new in the name of accomplishing a greater goal, but some of these remain total recluses for most (if not all) of their lives.
    Now, this is rather extreme, but you get the basic gist. I happen to relate this somewhat, and it makes sense, since I am particularly introverted.

So, a good way to find out how strong your functions are (and aren't) is to take a test. Try this one:

http://www.keys2cognition.com/explore.htm

"The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

I relate to aspects of both N and S. It's the functions themselves that count, and which ones you relate with more. I have pretty good fact-recall (though this ability has dwindled over the years, as I care less lol). The biggest thing you need to find out is whether or not you have strong Ne. If you're Ne is not strong, your Fi is strongest, and your Si is second-strongest, then you are still INFP because of function dynamics. However, you would be in what's called a dominant-tertiary loop, which basically means, you're uncomfortable using your auxillary function (which serves to balance out introversion vs. extraversion, as it is the opposite in orientation), so you revert to your third function. The one for INFP would be the Fi/Si loop, as the INFP function order is: Fi - Ne - Si - Te.

See if you relate with this:

Now, this is rather extreme, but you get the basic gist. I happen to relate this somewhat, and it makes sense, since I am particularly introverted.

So, a good way to find out how strong your functions are (and aren't) is to take a test. Try this one:

http://www.keys2cognition.com/explore.htm
    Wow! The description of the INFRP Fi/Si loop sounds dangerously familiar. I did have those sorts of issues in school due to sort of weird behavior (when I was made fun of I really closed myself off). My mother is the one I trust most though. I do admit that I've gotten better with this, but certain things are just taboo in my heart.

After taking the keys to cognition test these are my results:

Your Cognitive Development Profile
    The forty-eight questions you rated earlier tap into the eight cognitive processes. Some questions tapped into basic or developed use of a process used by itself, while other questions tapped into use of multiple processes at once. The profile below is based on your responses. The number of squares indicate strength of response. The equivalent numeric is shown in parentheses along with likely level of development.
    Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
    extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************* (25.4)
    average use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ******************************************* (43.5)
    excellent use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************* (37.5)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************** (22.9)
    limited use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) *************** (15.1)
    unused
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************ (24.2)
    average use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) *********************** (23.3)
    limited use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) *********************************************** (47.7)
    excellent use

Summary Analysis of Profile
    By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFP

Lead (Dominant) Process
    Introverted Feeling (Fi): Staying true to who you really are. Paying close attention to your personal identity, values and beliefs. Checking with your conscience. Choosing behavior congruent with what is important to you.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
    Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFP, or ISFP

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Wow! The description of the INFRP Fi/Si loop sounds dangerously familiar. I did have those sorts of issues in school due to sort of weird behavior (when I was made fun of I really closed myself off). My mother is the one I trust most though. I do admit that I've gotten better with this, but certain things are just taboo in my heart.

After taking the keys to cognition test these are my results: [...]
    Ah, just as I suspected: an INFP with strong Si. We're in a similar boat.

Seriously though, you should read up some on typology. You also might find that you and I are similar.

Tatiana ♥

Ah, just as I suspected: an INFP with strong Si. We're in a similar boat.

Seriously though, you should read up some on typology. You also might find that you and I are similar.
    If that's the case though, I want to strengthen my Ne because I tend to be a bit iffy with it academically... Or maybe that isn't how this works at all? My conversational Ne (jokes!) is very strong, but I'm very insecure of it with work, always double checking, all the time...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

If that's the case though, I want to strengthen my Ne because I tend to be a bit iffy with it academically... Or maybe that isn't how this works at all? My conversational Ne (jokes!) is very strong, but I'm very insecure of it with work, always double checking, all the time...
    That's because you're a 6, like me.

But, yes, I would encourage you to strengthen it, though. I am trying that myself by trying to write two stories (if I can get over my P-ness and stop procrastinating lol). Have you tried that yet?

Tatiana ♥

That's because you're a 6, like me.

But, yes, I would encourage you to strengthen it, though. I am trying that myself by trying to write two stories (if I can get over my P-ness and stop procrastinating lol). Have you tried that yet?
    That may be a good idea... Now how to tap into it? (If I really am INFP.... <-- Ooooh, 6 enneagramming!) OR perhaps I'm an Si dom with tert Ne, or is the Ne too unconsciously/unknowingly pronounced (especially in this questioning)?

Writing stories with as many bizarre variables as possible? That seems a bit too concrete... Should I just let it flow without any regard to plot? Maybe.... I feel like my writing style is too 'intentionally' a certain way, so maybe I should let all hell break loose and not structure it beforehand, or something. Now this is something I could do, especially since I don't do jack-squat like ya!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

That may be a good idea... Now how to tap into it? (If I really am INFP.... <-- Ooooh, 6 enneagramming!) OR perhaps I'm an Si dom with tert Ne, or is the Ne too unconsciously/unknowingly pronounced (especially in this questioning)?
    If you're Si-dominant, then you are Ne-inferior. Just thought I'd let you know that.

Writing stories with as many bizarre variables as possible? That seems a bit too concrete... Should I just let it flow without any regard to plot? Maybe.... I feel like my writing style is too 'intentionally' a certain way, so maybe I should let all hell break loose and not structure it beforehand, or something. Now this is something I could do, especially since I don't do jack-squat like ya!
    I think you should just let it flow and revise it later. I think free-form writing often creates some of the best ever.

Tatiana ♥

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

If you're Si-dominant, then you are Ne-inferior. Just thought I'd let you know that.

I think you should just let it flow and revise it later. I think free-form writing often creates some of the best ever.

Tatiana ♥