I'm pretty sure that I know my e-type. Nevertheless, I would like a second opinion. I have tried to summarize "me"; that is, what I tend to do and think and why.
Do your worst you enneagram expert you!!!!
- I need to have wide buffer zone in order to get my thoughts and feelings together. I leave it when I feel that I have dealt with my inner thoughts and emotions enough. For this, I block out others with music at work or spend a lot of time at home alone, or in public, but alone. I reserve specific times for going out with friends and socialising is not my default state.
- I do certain things, like keeping in shape, writing, taking courses etc. in order to feel strong and independent. I tell others that I do these things so that they “know” that I do not need anyone and am self-sufficient.
- I hate conflicts. I hate having to confront. But I will and my tone will either be gregarious or callous, depending on whether I am the one-up or one-down.
- I don’t get annoyed often. People tell me that I have a very calm demeanour, even if sometimes I feel like an out of control train-wreck.
- It irritates the hell out of me when people force themselves onto others. When I see this type of behaviour, I poke at them. Provoke them. Show them that they have nothing on me. When someone thinks they have God’s truth, I will try to show them how wrong they are, whether I agree with them or not.
- I am often seen as being a devil’s advocate, always seeing a counter point of view. This sometimes gets on people’s nerves, especially when all they were looking for was to validate their opinion.
- I don’t want to be cool. I don’t want people to think that I do what everybody else does. I do my own things. I dress in a non cool way. Not necessarily with ugly or unmatched clothes. Rather conservative clothes that might have a touch of posh. However, I don’t mind wearing clothes with holes or that look old.
- During my time alone, I mostly think about myself and my projects. I sometimes will spend a chunk of time thinking about girls and relationships (I am single again but was in three different LTR for most of the past 15 years). I look for a connection, a "us against the world" type of deal. I am weary of girls who need their value to be enhanced by the mate they are with.
- A lot of the time, though, I am going over my personal finances, checking out investment possibilities, etc. I have rental property and often think about the renovations that I plan to do.
- The career I chose was a very thought out decision on my part. I wanted to work with numbers and stats but with a focus on people and behaviours.
- Although I find my work interesting and consider that I perform fairly well, I have discovered that I have needed an outlet for actual creativity. I somehow feel disconnected with people at work. I have the impression that they actually believe that there is truth to what we do. In my view, we are but part of a large social system that has evolved into what it is today but could very well be something else. I have lately found that writing fiction gives creative outlet that my brain needs. I also started enjoying literature again and music and concerts take up a large part of my time.
- On the outside, people find me to be a nice person, positive, although with a little bit of a brash edge. My life line is very different from most of my close friends and family.
- I hate that a lot of people find that I am shy. This is not how I feel inside. Rather, I speak when I decide to. Perhaps I do not have the best social skills, but I hardly come off as socially awkward.