User Tag List

View Poll Results: My type

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1w9

    1 12.50%
  • 1w2

    0 0%
  • 2w1

    0 0%
  • 2w3

    1 12.50%
  • 3w2

    0 0%
  • 3w4

    0 0%
  • 4w3

    0 0%
  • 4w5

    0 0%
  • 5w4

    3 37.50%
  • 5w6

    1 12.50%
  • 6w5

    0 0%
  • 6w7

    0 0%
  • 7w6

    0 0%
  • 7w8

    1 12.50%
  • 8w7

    0 0%
  • 8w9

    0 0%
  • 9w8

    0 0%
  • 9w1

    1 12.50%
First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 24

  1. #11
    Senior Member musttry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    118

    Default

    @Mane Interesting. I need to think this through.

    Never really considered 7 and I can't say that I particularly relate to feeling "deprived". However, the idea of finally finding satisfaction in a future plan (planning as a tool to keep the good feelings) does resonate strongly as well as gluttony (not food necessarily but any experience to delay the difficult). Also, getting scattered is something that I work against and I have realised that I have to reign in in order to grow. Furthermore, the 7s view of egalitarian power distribution in order not to be controlled by any body else's whims also makes sense. Being "limited" is definitely a scary thing.

    However, none of the typical 7 behaviours really apply. Spontaneity, center of attention, extraversion, etc. do not resonate.

    (There is little in the 8 description that really fits because of their unequivocal assertiveness, decisiveness and authoritativeness as well as their need to be stronger than others).

  2. #12
    Junior Member Horrible Aesthete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    25

    Default

    You sound a bit like me, so I would venture to say 9w1. I can see a bit of 5w4 as well. To you generally try to smooth out disagreements and maintain harmony?

  3. #13
    Society
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by musttry View Post
    However, none of the typical 7 behaviours really apply. Spontaneity, center of attention, extraversion, etc. do not resonate.

    (There is little in the 8 description that really fits because of their unequivocal assertiveness, decisiveness and authoritativeness as well as their need to be stronger than others).
    ...because your an introvert. the descriptions are made to fit with those who most commonly apply to them - and there's some statistical tendecies for certain MBTI types to be certain enneagram types - but there are exceptions. i'm an extraverted 4w5 for example.

    and i'll be honest with you, my exwife could have made a nearly identical list...
    in fact a nearly identical everything... INFJ, great white north..

    between 1-10, how certain are you that your not a woman?

  4. #14
    Senior Member musttry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    between 1-10, how certain are you that your not a woman?
    LOL 10, but an NF male, what're you gonna do!!!

    Ok, so what resonates in the 4w5 for you? Is it the needing to express your innermost so that you don't blend into the masses? Also, you seem sure that you're a T, if you were an ENFP, you'd probably fit right in with a lot of the 4s.

  5. #15
    Senior Member musttry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Horrible Aesthete View Post
    You sound a bit like me, so I would venture to say 9w1. I can see a bit of 5w4 as well. To you generally try to smooth out disagreements and maintain harmony?
    Other people's disagreements? When other people disagree there's like a welling up of anger and yeah, I'll try to show both where the misunderstandings are. The only thing is that I tend to do more of the confronting (although not agressively) than others.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    358

    Default

    It's easier to type someone close to you. You get to see their natural behavior, fixations, coping mechanisms, etc. Based on the list given, it can be interpreted in so many ways. There is a tendency, that I see in a lot of people, as well as in myself, to regurgitate the things we've read from the descriptions. So I think this is all fruitless. For the record though, I think to best way to figure out type is to focus on the neurosis.

  7. #17
    Senior Member musttry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    It's easier to type someone close to you. You get to see their natural behavior, fixations, coping mechanisms, etc. Based on the list given, it can be interpreted in so many ways. There is a tendency, that I see in a lot of people, as well as in myself, to regurgitate the things we've read from the descriptions. So I think this is all fruitless. For the record though, I think to best way to figure out type is to focus on the neurosis.
    Hey, thanks for your input. I would, however, disagree. I think that it is very difficult for someone close to you to type you because they can't really know "why" you do what you do. It is easier to type other's MBTI because at least you can sort of see "how" they do the things they do. They can only interpret the behaviours and how you make them feel. The whole exercise was precisely to see how others would interpret what I considered to be the most salient points. Of course I've read up on all of this (three or four books) and so I use terminology that others will recognise and am not too surprised. Had I said something like, "I don't understand how others can repay kindness with meanness" or something like that, then a lot more people would have mentioned 2 etc.

    The fact that most answers point in the direction that I was thinking, I feel that I have an outside verification of my conclusions. Of course, mane's answers are intriguing because they go against what I think.

    I do agree with your point on neurosis and it is similar to mane's point about fears and stress points.

  8. #18
    Society
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by musttry View Post
    LOL 10, but an NF male, what're you gonna do!!!

    Ok, so what resonates in the 4w5 for you? Is it the needing to express your innermost so that you don't blend into the masses? Also, you seem sure that you're a T, if you were an ENFP, you'd probably fit right in with a lot of the 4s.
    i have about zero Fi, quite a lot of Fe, too often subdued by my Ti against it's will, and a strong runaway Ne.. the only real exception to ENTPs is that i also have a relatively strong Ni... i'm a 4w5 because all the tests say i'm a 4w5, i really don't want to be a 4w5, which further suggests that i'm a 4w5. you can pretty much always tell which type you are by which you hate the most.

    the rule for the enneagram:
    the ones that is describing someone you'd like to be? isn't you...
    but the one describing the parts of you you don't like being? that's you right there.

  9. #19
    Senior Member musttry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    but the one describing the parts of you you don't like being? that's you right there.
    I like that.

  10. #20
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    The siumple fact that you call your presentation "unoriginal" shows that you have nothing 4. I'm not sure of what is your type exactly, but clearly not 4 or Xw4.

    Basing on what you say, you are controlled and introvert. Not 7 or Xw7. I think the possibilities for you are 1, 5w6, 6w5 and 9. Maybe 8w9 too. But I have a stronger inclination for 6w5.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Similar Threads

  1. [Socionics] Please don't type me. I REALLY DO NOT want to be typed. Do not click!
    By strychnine in forum Socionics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-01-2016, 02:12 PM
  2. type me like one of your french girls
    By shakethedust in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-05-2016, 07:16 PM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-08-2015, 08:09 AM
  4. Do your functions unclearly represent your type?
    By 527468 in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 175
    Last Post: 03-14-2009, 01:50 AM
  5. First post- please help type me!
    By Annuit Coeptis in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-21-2008, 03:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO