Thread: Type 6 or 9?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Wouldn't it be useful to have Haz define what he sees as Sp if we're talking about it?

Otherwise, it's all a little moot point. Self Preservation for me is all about being comfortable internally and seeking happiness (that means living to my full potential, having courage and following my dreams or things that I find interesting). If we're talking about looking after our own health, being in a pleasant looking environment or even enjoying the sensual aspects of life. That's so far away from me at the moment that I can laugh. In that sense, for 6s and 9s, SP would probably be an extremely common dominant instinct imo.
    Err, you might have to elaborate on this. I'm not sure what Sp you would be talking about.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Richardsen View Post
    @Hazashin

-Focus on being sexually desirable is Sx
    -Focus on find a partner or deep conections, not always. Actually everyone wants to find somebody to love.
    I focus on both.

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    Then yes, you're a 6. 6w5
    Hmm... I relate WAY more to the 6w7 descriptions than 6w5, and my motivations match 7 more than they do 5.

"The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    Err, you might have to elaborate on this. I'm not sure what Sp you would be talking about.
    Just your own ideas of what self preservation is like.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Just your own ideas of what self preservation is like.
    Well, if you're talking about the instinct, then it focuses on having enough resources, security of their body/well-being, which includes wanting more-than-adequate shelter, physical comfort, having practicalities in order, safe environment, safety of the body, well-being of the body/health, and privacy.

Tatiana ♥

Well, if you're talking about the instinct, then it focuses on having enough resources, security of their body/well-being, which includes wanting more-than-adequate shelter, physical comfort, having practicalities in order, safe environment, safety of the body, well-being of the body/health, and privacy.
    Thanks.
    I usually see the description as focused more on the external and physical element of security, when most of self-preservation is more of an internal comfort thing for myself as an individual. I don't know whether it's that weird of an idea, but based on this principle, I wouldn't be too surprised to find individuals that totally neglect the external environment in terms of comfort in order to maintain mental comfort. For me, sp manifests as wanting security and comfort within close friends etc... that's what I'm more concerned about but I'm supposedly sp/sx.

Ultimately I think self-preservation is more about the internal comfort, and stuff like shelter and safe environments are secondary factors that 'typically' serve internal comfort in people. I wouldn't be surprised if it manifested differently for different people.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

6s are a highly reactive type, even when they are phobic.

I agree with @Speed Gavroche that it's highly likely that @Hazashin is a 9w1 sx/sp.

9s can show 6 traits under disintegration (like fear, anxiety for security, etc.) just like a 6 can show 3 traits under disintegration (look at me! look at me! look at me go!) ...I know for a fact that I disintegrate at a terrible performing, achieving 3 and mellow out and get happier at a inwardly centered, mystical, intimate 9.

I've known a 9w1 sx/so and he constantly needed intimacy, not just daily, but all day long ...on the other hand, he still managed to usually keep the placidity and detachment of a 9, while I got more emotionally intense and reactive with him sometimes. He did get reactive with me, but very rarely, and in that 9-ish way that comes out of nowhere after months and smacks you in the face, that all along they were "hiding" insecurity or jealousy or anger or resentment or whatever.

I just have a difficult time believing @Hazashin is an sx/sp 6w7 like I am, even if he's phobic and has Ne instead of Se...I'm on another forum where there are 6w7s and other sx doms, and they're all pretty intense, especially an INTP female who is a mod, she's a 6w7 sx and there's something about her that is a little like me, it's just a vibe thing.

You vibe 9, OP.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post

I agree with @Speed Gavroche that it's highly likely that @Hazashin is a 9w1 sx/sp.

9s can show 6 traits under disintegration (like fear, anxiety for security, etc.) just like a 6 can show 3 traits under disintegration (look at me! look at me! look at me go!) ...I know for a fact that I disintegrate at a terrible performing, achieving 3 and mellow out and get happier at a inwardly centered, mystical, intimate 9.

I've known a 9w1 sx/so and he constantly needed intimacy, not just daily, but all day long ...on the other hand, he still managed to usually keep the placidity and detachment of a 9, while I got more emotionally intense and reactive with him sometimes. He did get reactive with me, but very rarely, and in that 9-ish way that comes out of nowhere after months and smacks you in the face, that all along they were "hiding" insecurity or jealousy or anger or resentment or whatever.

I just have a difficult time believing @Hazashin is an sx/sp 6w7 like I am, even if he's phobic and has Ne instead of Se...I'm on another forum where there are 6w7s and other sx doms, and they're all pretty intense, especially an INTP female who is a mod, she's a 6w7 sx and there's something about her that is a little like me, it's just a vibe thing.

You vibe 9, OP.
    My motivations and fears are much more 6 than 9. Also, possibly the reason why I'm not so intense is because I am in somewhat of an Fi/Si loop, which correlates to the Avoidant Personality Disorder.

Tatiana ♥

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

I agree with Speed Gavroche that it's highly likely that Hazashin is a 9w1 sx/sp.

I just have a difficult time believing Hazashin is an sx/sp 6w7 like I am, even if he's phobic and has Ne instead of Se...I'm on another forum where there are 6w7s and other sx doms, and they're all pretty intense, especially an INTP female who is a mod, she's a 6w7 sx and there's something about her that is a little like me, it's just a vibe thing.

You vibe 9, OP.
    I gotta admit, I've talked to @Hazashin a lot and the bold sounds just like him, minus the all of a sudden, out of nowhere 9 flip outs (you're totally right though, 9s do this a lot and it gets on my nerves). I'm starting to see more of a case for core 9
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

[...] You vibe 9, OP.
    Also, Marm, I'm not reactive, but I sure as hell let problems and failures bog me down. It's very hard for me to get over this; I simply can't "let things go" sometimes, depending on what it is. And I have a mild case of Avoidant Personality Disorder, and I often misconstrue things to be negative about myself. It's very hard for me to think that I am doing things "right".

Tatiana ♥

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Also, Marm, I'm not reactive, but I sure as hell let problems and failures bog me down. It's very hard for me to get over this; I simply can't "let things go" sometimes, depending on what it is. And I have a mild case of Avoidant Personality Disorder, and I often misconstrue things to be negative about myself. It's very hard for me to think that I am doing things "right".
    That could be an unhealthy 9. The 9w1 sx/so I mentioned was in an Si/Fi (ISTJ) loop for quite some time, and avoidance is a very 9-ish quality. Literally detaching from life and working on one's self, et al.

6 is the reactive type. 6s are reactive people.