Thread: Type 6 or 9?

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

I still think @Hazashin is Sx/Sp. he seems to feel suffocated and frustrated without someone to show him intense intimacy and affection (we PM just about every day, and I can vouch that the guy is pretty intense)
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

@Speed Gavroche
    do JK Rowling or Kate Beckinsale look intense to you? (9w1 Sx/Sp) I don't the outward intensity is always as apparent and charismatic as you think it is (not every Sx/So is a cult leader or revolutionary lol)
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    You seem like 9, straight up to me. You get disgusted about hurting anyone's feelings? Probably not. Even phobic sixes are pretty strongly opinionated, and hold their value systems and/or chosen groups above general harmony, though they love and seek security.
    I am strongly opinionated, but that doesn't mean I like hurting people's feelings. And just because I don't like hurting people's feelings, doesn't mean that I don't just to uphold harmony. I do it because I care immensely about others.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardsen View Post
    Sp/Sx are inwardly intense too.

Actually Sx leans more to "on fire" stuff.
    Instincts aren't thoughts or emotions. Is your auto-pilot, so... instinct.
    The whole conection stuff is true, but is confusing sometimes. Heart types are likely to seek strong-connections (specially 2s and 4s) even if they are Sp first...
    But, like I said, my focus isn't primarily on Sp matters.

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    @Hazashin, what about so/sx if you don't identify with sp? You talk about friends a lot. And self-consciousness is kind of more of a social variant thing for introverts, I'm pretty sure.
    Self-consciousness is a 6 thing in general, and having a fixation on friends doesn't make me an So-dom. In fact, it would more than likely make me Sx-dom, since I like to keep my friends very close to me and there are only a few.

Here is a description of the Social instinct. I have underlined and crossed out the stuff I don't relate with at ALL:

Social instinct is not the same as socializing. This instinct is aimed towards species survival as a whole. It acts in species where families and groups exist to protect the vulnerability of mother and child. The social instinct provides a holding environment. It needs group viability for a sense of well-being.

Emphasis on cooperation, reciprocity, roles aimed at mutual survival. There is a need to be involved and contribute, a desire to be wanted and accepted by the group. It can sense when a behavior is damaging to group survival. It forms a sort of unconscious clusters where mutual support is an issue. This instinct is also attuned to hierarchy and possesses political awareness. It has a good sense and understanding of group boundaries and what groups can accomplish.

The SO energy is often described as "split energy" experienced as "scattered" and projected outward, appearing personable, superficial, and cursory in nature. This subtype will "sacrifice for the group" to insure status. These types tend to "look outward," based upon a belief that "my value is dependent upon how I am perceived by the group." The survival strategy is an emphasis on sociability or unsociability. There is a noticeable inclination to categorize oneself in terms of others. The question "who am I?" is defined by "how comfortably and successfully I experience my group". Focus is on the issues dealing with how the person is being perceived by the group.

Summary of SO instinct
    primary concern - building their sense of personal value, accomplishment, and a security of place with others via interaction with people in a broader sense (through family, group, subculture, mainstream culture, community, nation, world)
    primary focus - the status, approval, and admirability of themselves and of others in the minds of any number of different groups; "subtle" power structures and politics; knowing what is going on in the world; a contextual intelligence that allows them to see both their efforts and their broader context in the world
    primary ambition - interacting with people in ways that will build their personal value, their sense of accomplishment, and their security of place with others; to touch base with others to feel safe, alive, and energized; may include pursuit of attention, success, fame, recognition, honor, leadership, appreciation, and the security of being a part of something bigger than themselves
    primary stresses - being able to adjust to others and be acceptable; others' reactions to them, whether they are being accepted or not; may include intimacy, which is tended to be avoided
    coping methods (unhealthy) - antisocial behavior, detesting or resenting society at large, displaying poorly developed social skills, fear and distrust of society, resentfulness at having had to change to gain approval causes a stubbornness against doing what is necessary to get along with people, social resentment and avoidance as is skewed by the secondary instinct.
    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    @Hazashin -

[...]

Sp 6s are often described as having a "personal warmth" to them that is a manifestation of a subconscious desire to not offend or threaten others. Personally I am fairly agreeable and dislike upsetting others as well, for essentially the same reason.
    Cannot any phobic 6 be like this, though? Also, I'm an INFP, so I am an idealist like that.

You sound like an introverted 6 to me. The only thing that would contradict 6 on your list is not being reactive. 6 is almost entirely reactive - that's our biggest problem to overcome. It's hard to recognize at first in yourself, though, in my experience.
    Hmm... Well, could you explain exactly what you mean by "reactive"? Like, could you give some on examples on what you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    What is your drive?

Fear-Courage?
    Sloth-Action?
    Err... it's both, but probably only because I struggle with inertness because I am often to scared, or fearful, to act.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Sx people are visibly intense, and are always competitive. If you are externally not intense but just intense internally, that means that Sx is not your dominant trait, and that your first insitnct in life is to seek confort: you are Sp/Sx.
    Just because I am not visibly intense doesn't mean my first instinct is to seek comfort. What you are describing is assertive intensity, and that doesn't apply to phobic 6's because they are not an assertive type. Trust me, if I was more confident in myself, you can bet I'd be more assertive and visibly intense.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardsen View Post
    @Hazashin Inhibited So/Sx 6w7?
    You seem somewhat scattered, warm, phobic, ultra-nice...
    Beside of the usual stereotypical phobic stance. You seem quite Sp last.
    No, like I said above, I do not relate with the Social instinct. The reason why I am like that is because I am a phobic 6 and an INFP.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

MBTI
    IxFP

@Hazashin

-Focus on being sexually desirable is Sx
    -Focus on find a partner or deep conections, not always. Actually everyone wants to find somebody to love.

-And Sx instinct is assertive energy.

-Not saying that you aren't, maybe you're just in "your shell" period and it's just a matter of time. Sx 6s, sometimes in their teen/school years feel vulnerable, lack self confidence, are socially isolated or bullied, believe me im a Sx 6 and i've been in that place. Remember that 6s are primarily phobic (even CP), is their root. A Sx 6 will feel compelled to overcome their phobias because the Sx energy is assertive, demanding, too intense to remain paralyzed by your fears all the time.

-Look at Dennis Rodman, Angelina Jolie, Charles Bukowski, Bruce Springsteen Henry Rollins, they talk about their difficult times at school and how shitty they thought they were. And look at them now.

Dont know how old are you, more than twenty dont think so.

Hope that helps

6w5(sw5w4) Sx/Sp
    INTP

"Some people never go crazy... What truly horrible lives they must lead"- Charles Bukowski

Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    Err... it's both, but probably only because I struggle with inertness because I am often to scared, or fearful, to act.
    Then yes, you're a 6. 6w5

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    @Speed Gavroche
    do JK Rowling or Kate Beckinsale look intense to you? (9w1 Sx/Sp) I don't the outward intensity is always as apparent and charismatic as you think it is (not every Sx/So is a cult leader or revolutionary lol)
    Yes, but that's because they are 9w1, and justly, my point is that if he's an Sx/Sp, his lack of intensity can be expalined by his 9w1ness.

6w7 Sx/Sp are clearly more intense, even the phobics one like Audrey Raines, Diana Spencer or Gaspar Noë.

He's not on the reactive triad, he's too much mellow and don't feel easily hurt. Then e's not a 6.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Wouldn't it be useful to have Haz define what he sees as Sp if we're talking about it?

Otherwise, it's all a little moot point. Self Preservation for me is all about being comfortable internally and seeking happiness (that means living to my full potential, having courage and following my dreams or things that I find interesting). If we're talking about looking after our own health, being in a pleasant looking environment or even enjoying the sensual aspects of life. That's so far away from me at the moment that I can laugh. In that sense, for 6s and 9s, SP would probably be an extremely common dominant instinct imo.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Yes, but that's because they are 9w1, and justly, my point is that if he's an Sx/Sp, his lack of intensity can be expalined by his 9w1ness.

6w7 Sx/Sp are clearly more intense, even the phobics one like Audrey Raines, Diana Spencer or Gaspar Noë.

He's not on the reactive triad, he's too much mellow and don't feel easily hurt. Then e's not a 6.
    I seem to lack intensity because I'm in the Head triad, and you can't see what's going on in my head.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IsFJ

I don't think all Sx-doms need to be intense - their defining trait, as I understand it, is a focus on intimacy, regardless of how that is expressed - although it's often expressed through a sort of "magnetic" intensity.

Have you ever read/watched Love in the Time of Cholera, Haz? I think Florentino Ariza is a very good example of a non-intense Sx-dom. Fixated and restless, yes, but also very warm and non-confrontational.
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    I don't think all Sx-doms need to be intense - their defining trait, as I understand it, is a focus on intimacy, regardless of how that is expressed - although it's often expressed through a sort of "magnetic" intensity.

Have you ever read/watched Love in the Time of Cholera, Haz? I think Florentino Ariza is a very good example of a non-intense Sx-dom. Fixated and restless, yes, but also very warm and non-confrontational.
    No, I'll have to watch it some time.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥