User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: Type 6 or 9?

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    This is why I think MBTI and Enneagram don't mix well - they overlap far too much, and people end up getting a fuzzy understanding of both systems.
    Hmm.... I guess theoretically there's nothing wrong with misanthropic and Fe being combined together... I suppose it'd just mean that the individual has slightly contrasting attitudes that would combine together to form something else. This happens all the time if we were to look at the ideas of astrology. In fact, when I think about it now... it'd just mean that the 6w5 IFJ would more likely to be balanced in their expressiveness etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    the 6w7 turns outward for a sense of security, thus they tend to be friendlier and more loose. by contrast, the 6w5 does not view the world as a source of security and instead retreats to their mind and to impersonal systems for security. they tend to want to build a "fortress" so to speak and only let in those they trust. think Jason Bateman vs Ebeneezer Scrooge)
    Thanks. That's a better description of the difference that don't really involve F nor T looking behaviours. Think you might have just confirmed 6w7 for me, even though I identify more with 5 stand alone than I do with 7.

One question regarding the difference between the two:
    Would 6w7 be more interested in creating a security system in the outside world in order to create a secure and peaceful mindset within.
    While 6w5 perhaps is more likely not to bother with the external world as much. By focusing inwards security first, they'll create a secure external environment? Just how would this work with functions like Fe for example.

Guess ultimately the goal of most 6 is to create a good environment internally and externally. So I wouldn't be surprised if there were people who believed in both approaches... since they affect each other anyway.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Hmm.... I guess theoretically there's nothing wrong with misanthropic and Fe being combined together... I suppose it'd just mean that the individual has slightly contrasting attitudes that would combine together to form something else. This happens all the time if we were to look at the ideas of astrology. In fact, when I think about it now... it'd just mean that the 6w5 IFJ would more likely to be balanced in their expressiveness etc.
    Thanks. That's a better description of the difference that don't really involve F nor T looking behaviours. Think you might have just confirmed 6w7 for me, even though I identify more with 5 stand alone than I do with 7.
    One question regarding the difference between the two:
    Would 6w7 be more interested in creating a security system in the outside world in order to create a secure and peaceful mindset within.
    While 6w5 perhaps is more likely not to bother with the external world as much. By focusing inwards security first, they'll create a secure external environment? Just how would this work with functions like Fe for example.
    Guess ultimately the goal of most 6 is to create a good environment internally and externally. So I wouldn't be surprised if there were people who believed in both approaches... since they affect each other anyway.
    I'm not an expert on 6, but generally it seems to me like 6w7s are more likely to ask for/desire external reassurance while 6w5s look more for tangible reassurance (like money or physical protection)

you could ask @SilkRoad
    she is an INFJ 6w5

and @Speed Gavroche
    he knows a lot about 6s in general
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I'm not an expert on 6s

you could ask @SilkRoad
    she is an INFJ 6w5

and @Speed Gavroche
    he knows a lot about 6s in general
    I do identify quite a fair bit with Silkroad but that might just be the IFJ.
    In the past before you had suggested 6w7 in a past thread, I had pretty much self-typed myself as a 6w5. Yet, you described 6w7 to sometimes come across as 4w3 (Individualistic-Entertainer) and 9s.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    I do identify quite a fair bit with Silkroad but that might just be the IFJ.
    In the past before you had suggested 6w7 in a past thread, I had pretty much self-typed myself as a 6w5. Yet, you described 6w7 to sometimes come across as 4w3 (Individualistic-Entertainer) and 9s.
    6w7s frequently come across as
    - 2s
    - 4s
    - 7s
    - 9s

6w5s frequently come across as
    - 1s
    - 5s
    - 8s
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I genuinely think I have fairly balanced wings. I am almost certain that I'm a 6, but can't really choose between 6w5 and 6w7.

I definitely lean toward the "phobic" side of 6 which has partly made me think I'm 6w5 (while thinking 6w7 is more counterphobic). But I can see the counterphobic in me, too.

I'd say I'm more 6w5 in that I have intellectual interests and tend to fall back on these for comfort and refreshment, as well as my beliefs, my close friends and family, etc. I am very cautious and can get quite alarmed by surprises, unless they are 100% pleasant ones. I need time to make up my mind about things, even minor things.

At the same time - more 6w7 - I have a wide circle of friends and acquaintances and though I prioritize the close relationships built up over years, I like to stay in touch with people. I have quite a fun-loving crazy side and can be surprisingly adventurous and sensation-seeking (though there needs to be an undercurrent of "safety" or I feel out of my depth). I generally come across as quite friendly and warm, unless I feel unsafe or like I'm being intruded upon, in which case I become more guarded again.

In terms of where I look for security, it's kind of all over the place. I am not a paranoid stockpiler by any means. But I do worry about finances, accommodation, etc. I don't like having any element of uncertainty there. I find a lot of security in my beliefs, my friends and my family. Even with the very loyal friends and family, I sometimes worry that they will leave or die (both have happened, so I guess I have reason for it) and that's quite terrifying. I start to feel quite anxious when, for instance, a few good friends start making plans to move away...if I don't have someone I find really reliable and who I can often talk to and see, I can feel quite adrift. I'm not currently in a relationship but I would prioritize an SO being reliable, loyal and protective of me.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I definitely lean toward the "phobic" side of 6 which has partly made me think I'm 6w5 (while thinking 6w7 is more counterphobic)
    Actually, it's usually the opposite. 6w7s usually need more external reassurance and support from others, while 6w5s are more suspicious, paranoid, and pessimistic, so they usually are distrustful of others and are more like "I can do this myself!"
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Perhaps it's hard for me to decide because I don't identify much with either 5 or 7 on their own.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Perhaps it's hard for me to decide because I don't identify much with either 5 or 7 on their own.
    Which do you identify with more? You don't have to identify much with either of them to know this. For instance, I hardly relate to 8 or 3, yet I would say that I relate to 3 more.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    Which do you identify with more? You don't have to identify much with either of them to know this. For instance, I hardly relate to 8 or 3, yet I would say that I relate to 3 more.
    Oh, I'd definitely have to say 5. Neither 5 nor 7 were ever types I would have mistaken myself for, though. And I come from a family with at least one and probably two 5 members, so that may have had an influence too. But I don't relate to the 7 impulsiveness/unreliability at all.

The trouble is, I don't know if that's really what provides the definitive answer. It seems like wings are a very different thing from the actual type, because they're supposed to be more of a flavour of your actual type, not necessarily a type that you would identify with on its own.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

The trouble is, I don't know if that's really what provides the definitive answer. It seems like wings are a very different thing from the actual type, because they're supposed to be more of a flavour of your actual type, not necessarily a type that you would identify with on its own.
    I think the wings are pretty much bullshit - everything about them feels arbitrary, from how they're derived (e.g. 5s can only have a 4 or 6 wing, and only one) to how they're described (5w4s are artistic, 5w6s are scientific).

Not only that, they seem to make things more complicated without really clarifying or illustrating anything about real people (unlike the types themselves, on their own) and the things they go through. To me, what the types help do (very succinctly) is to convey perspectives and worldviews that you wouldn't otherwise be able to appreciate. All the wings do is create more categories of behaviour and stereotype, rather than categories of experience and thought.

( I know I'm just poo-pooing everything around here, please be patient with me )
    Hello