Thread: Type 6 or 9?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    Dude, forget the bloody tests - its so easy for them to be wrong. What do you think? You know yourself better than anyone. I bet if one of us met you, your type would stand out pretty easily.
    Based on what I know and what you have told me, I focus more of my energy towards the Sx realm, and then the Sp realm second.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    If you have a personality disorder, it's of the Dependent variety. You mentioned "Compliant," and the 2 is one of those types. But you're mostly listing traits of the 6w5.
    I think more 6w7, honestly. Look here:

Six With a 5 Wing

Sixes with a 5 wing are generally introverted and somewhat intellectual. When healthy, they often have many realms of interest as well as surprising competencies and skills. May have an original and idiosyncratic point of view. Can be bookish; some are interested in history or feel rooted in the past or related to a long tradition. Also good at predicting the future. May test potential friends for a long time but once you're in, you're in - a friend for life.

When more entranced, they may project a willed remoteness. Have a "tip of the iceberg" quality - they show little but you sense hidden dimensions, intensity and activity. Tension between needing to be seen and withdrawing for protection. Might act arrogant or cryptic or cynical when afraid.

When phobic, can be diplomatic and say things without saying them. Entranced counterphobics are either cool and loners or argumentative, tending towards violence. Can brood over injustices to them, entertain conspiracy theories, spend time alone building cases. Paranoia in private. May like secretive behind-the-scenes group activity. Sneaky vengeance, passive/aggressive toward others, self-attacking and self-destructive at home.
    Six With a 7 Wing

Sixes with a 7 wing are generally outgoing and may appear more overtly nervous. More plainly want to be liked and will pursue others in contrast to 5 wing who pulls in. Can be charming, sociable, ingratiating. Have a faster tempo, stronger connection to 3. Often self-preservation subtypes, characterized by a personal warmth. Can have a cheerful, forward-looking drive and be disarmingly funny. Self-effacing, gracious and curious.

When more entranced, may be self-contradicting and seem as if they want two things at once. Sometimes test others overtly, drive you crazy with mixed messages. It may be hard to follow what they're saying. When threatened, one defense is to become impossible to please. When counterphobic, they tend to be accusative. Some get caught up in big plans that they hope will result in material security.

Also can be insecure, irritable, petty, irrational, chaotic. Subject to mood swings, inferiority complexes, runaway fears. May have hair-trigger flare-ups of paranoia. Falsely accuse others and then seem not to realize it. Other times they plead to be taken care of. Sometimes defensively conservative in their lifestyle. Some struggle with appetite.
    Also, here are some characteristics posted by some Enneagram Institute Discussion Board members from several years ago:

6w7s vacillate more, tend to be more visibly anxious (as well as more visibly expressive in general), and are more trusting of others, as well as more adventurous. They tend to look like 4w3s or 9s when phobic. 6w5s can appear more introverted, intellectual, "cold"/aloof, and abrasive. They tend to have more "edge" and may look like 5s, 4w5s, or 1s.
    6w5's are more guarded, suspicious, less cheerful, less friendly, can be pretty cynical
    6w7's are openly nervous, cheerful, moody, friendly and vacillate between optimism and pessimism
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

@Hazashin
    @Speed Gavroche
    I don't think ALL Sx dom 6s are extremely aggressive and counter phobic. just look at Peter Parker (INFP 6w5 Sx/So)
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    @Hazashin
    @Speed Gavroche
    I don't think ALL Sx dom 6s are extremely aggressive and counter phobic. just look at Peter Parker (INFP 6w5 Sx/So)
    Peter parker is more an INTP 5w6 Sx/So. And I disagree about his level of agressivity, he has a moral code which force them to stay pacific, but there's a lot of agressivity under that he have to master. He is a warrior and he always like a good fight, he accomplish a moral mission, but the physical act of fighting is stimulating for him. It's escpecially true in the comic, the movie version seems indeed, to picture him more like an INFJ 6w5 Sp/So wimp.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Peter parker is more an INTP 5w6 Sx/So. And I disagree about his level of agressivity, he has a moral code which force them to stay pacific, but there's a lot of agressivity under that he have to master. He is a warrior and he always like a good fight, he accomplish a moral mission, but the physical act of fighting is stimulating for him. It's escpecially true in the comic, the movie version seems indeed, to picture him more like an INFJ 6w5 Sp/So wimp.
    he became a warrior after the magic spider bit him @Hazashin probably hasn't had that happen to him (as far as I know )
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    I think more 6w7, honestly. Look here:
    It's weird. The descriptions of 6w7 sound much more F-friendly than those of a 6w5.
    I'm curious whether it actually manifests like that within a FP, FJ individual.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    It's weird. The descriptions of 6w7 sound much more F-friendly than those of a 6w5.
    I'm curious whether it actually manifests like that within a FP, FJ individual.
    6w5s tend to be analytical, cautious, guarded and more misanthropic than 6w7.
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    6w5s tend to be analytical, cautious, guarded and more misanthropic than 6w7.
    This would be regardless of type?
    Misanthropic sounds like an IFJ-IFP that has become slightly jaded with humanity. Cautious and guarded (thus analytical) seem like typical 6 traits though.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Misanthropic sounds like an IFJ-IFP that has become slightly jaded with humanity. Cautious and guarded (thus analytical) seem like typical 6 traits though.
    the 6w7 turns outward for a sense of security, thus they tend to be friendlier and more loose. by contrast, the 6w5 does not view the world as a source of security and instead retreats to their mind and to impersonal systems for security. they tend to want to build a "fortress" so to speak and only let in those they trust. think Jason Bateman vs Ebeneezer Scrooge)
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

This is why I think MBTI and Enneagram don't mix well - they overlap far too much, and people end up getting a fuzzy understanding of both systems.
    Hello