User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Type 6 or 9?

@Hazashin, you're definitely a 6, I'm just unsure about your variant (as you keep getting SX.)

Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    But Speed, I took the official test on the Enneagram Institute's website, and this is what I got:

I think Sp and So are close enough that it could swing one way or the other (and I lean toward Sp, from what I know about myself), but it seems apparent that I am an Sx-dominant. I am just a phobic Sx-dominant 6.
    Dude, forget the bloody tests - its so easy for them to be wrong. What do you think? You know yourself better than anyone. I bet if one of us met you, your type would stand out pretty easily.
    Hello

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

But Speed, I took the official test on the Enneagram Institute's website, and this is what I got:

I think Sp and So are close enough that it could swing one way or the other (and I lean toward Sp, from what I know about myself), but it seems apparent that I am an Sx-dominant. I am just a phobic Sx-dominant 6.

Tests are shit, it's not to be taken seriously. As an INFP, you are naturally more or less an emo kid, which is often confused with being Sx, but it's not the same thing.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Have you considered that maybe your a 6 integrating to 9?

My partner is a 9, my mother is a 6 and my aunt is a 3. I have seen my aunt become more 6-ish since 50. She's gone through 4 divorces, 2 of which got tired of her trying to "find herself" and now she has stoped the identity fixation and become much more other people, security, 6 oriented. My mom has a terrible drinking problem and while binging, she detoriorates into unhealthy 3 becoming compulsive about comparing other peoples achievements and going on and on about being the best, having the best, etc. My 9 partner is going through a rather unhealthy bout as well and it occured to me the other day that most of his problems could be resolved if he adopted some healthy 3 focus.

In my experience, 6's and 9's have really different vibes. Are you more concerned with inner stability or outter stability?
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Do you know if it's possible to be both easy-going/laid back and worrying at the same time? I'd say about 70% of the time, I am laid back/easy-going/"chill", and even when I am getting upset/uptight/anxious, I don't become all frantic and panicky (95% of the time), I mostly internalize it. Like, I guess you could say that when I do feel worried, it's mostly going on in my mind (though sometimes it converts to physical actions of my body if it's really bad, such as sweating, shaking, dizziness, etc.), and I mostly maintain a stable composure. Although it is often easy to tell if something is worrying me, I react calmly. I don't freak out unless I'm angry about something. If I'm feeling very afraid, it permeates throughout my body, and my heart starts to beat insanely fast. I've even almost passed out a few times (these were times when I was approaching my crush to talk to her or give her a gift).

Also, can 6s be very attentive to not upsetting people? I get DISGUSTED if I upset anyone/hurt anyone's feelings.

Am I making sense?
    Would we be even having this dialogue if you were a 9?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Alright, so I'm having doubts about my Enneatype again. It has been brought to my attention by Speed Gavroche that I do not express/act like a typical 6. I am more easy-going, low-key, and accepting than most 6s, and I seem to have an agreeable quality to me. I also dislike upsetting people (though not because I fear conflict but because I just care about my friends and people too much for them to get hurt) and I am often compliant.

On the flip side, I fear being without support or guidance, I am very loyal (especially with those who gain my trust), I am sometimes dependent, I am constantly doubting myself, I am afraid of taking action in problematic situations because of potential negative consequences, I worry a LOT, and I am sometimes a very conflicting person.

To help out, I have copied (and modified) here a list of qualities of myself that I had used in a previous thread of mine.
    If you have a personality disorder, it's of the Dependent variety. You mentioned "Compliant," and the 2 is one of those types. But you're mostly listing traits of the 6w5.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    Have you considered that maybe your a 6 integrating to 9?
    Mhm...although I definitely have 6 issues (I know this thread isn't about me...soz!!), I think I'm a relatively healthy and well-balanced person and thus may seem 9-ish, in some respects at least, as a result.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    If he is an 6, he's not a Sx-dom, not enough intense and reactive and power-seeker. He is a Self-pres 6: warmth and cordiality, very 9ish.
    Yeah...this fits me.

One of the things that clinched self-pres 6 for me was certain descriptions which cited sp 6 as "going towards" people to "protect" themselves. Almost to defuse possible threats from other people, by being friendly and warm to them.

I think I have a very INFJ/6 combination there:

Ni generates all sorts of possibilities about how people may be viewing me or feeling about me, making me tend towards anxiety and paranoia (because I'm not a terribly self-assured INFJ - Ni generates all the possibilities and I doubt and question most of them!);

Fe makes me polite, compliant, sociable, tactful;

6 means that it's kind of a self-protective measure - trying to be at least cordial with people who may not be my friends, and establishing good relationships where possible, partly as a security measure (getting good people "on side".)
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Type 6 seems more likely; it seems to me that, type 6's are more likely to seek external feedback on problems and rely on others for certainty regarding things like this, espeically if they're unsure about themselves and request assistance a lot. Also, you're 9-ish tendencies seem to indicate integration. Also, sx first seems likely as well.

However it still must be you to decide what type you are. If you feel that you are 6w7 sx, then just go by that typing; the best who usually knows you the best is often yourself.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Tests are shit, it's not to be taken seriously. As an INFP, you are naturally more or less an emo kid, which is often confused with being Sx, but it's not the same thing.
    What is Sx then? What you say it is?
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥