• INFP

0 0%
  • ENFJ

0 0%
  • ENFP

0 0%
123 Last

Default Help me, please! Confused NF...

Hi, there... I've been studying typology for several years, studied (almost) everything, read the entire Carl Jung's book, and I still can't find out my own type although I'm really accurate typing people! Ironic, isn't it?

So, I'll try to organize some points of my personality, and ask for some help, because it's being really hard for me. Tests keep "saying" I'm all kinds of idealist... And I think that my functions are pretty balanced, what may confuse the view of my whole personality.

- I had a very introspective childhood, and normally appeared more mature compared for people of my age (it still remains);
    - People normally see me as an introvert, but unlike most introverts, I'm not shy;
    - I have a considerable self-confidence;
    - People normally describe me as a temperamental person, with a very strong personality;
    - I'm very stubborn, sometimes it's unbearable;
    - I love helping people in many ways as I can. People see me as a counsellor since I was relatively young;
    - I have a strange sense of humour, people normally like it, but I see that people with N preferences enjoy it better;
    - I adopt more of a directing interaction style;
    - Several times people put me in a leadership role, although I don't really seek it, they say I'm good being a leader (who knows?);
    - I'm good in debates, and normally adopt a lawyer-like speech, but I find it easier when I have strong opinions about the topic I'm discussing;
    - I'm strong opinionated;
    - People consider me very righteous;
    - I'm not the most organized person... but I'm more organized than, for example, my ENFJ boyfriend;
    - I love to acquire knowledge about different cultures of the world... I wish I could travel to see everything I can "live";
    - I never was the troublemaker kind of person... and I always held very good relations with my family (mostly SJ's) and would never disappoint them;
    - I love studying theories, mostly about psychology/ humanities. I love to understand better the human nature. This way I can help people more effectively;
    - I'm studying Literature in college.
    - My hobbies include reading, writing, music, psychology, history, mythology and I have a fascination about Jung, symbology, religion/ spirituality, and whatever I find mysterious or intriguing;
    - I'm terrible at physical activities, and suffer from a lack of coordination (I would love to dance but I just can't);
    - I'm very romantic;

And as an additional detail, I would like to show the types of people I know and get along well:

- Family: ALL SJ's ISFJ, ESFJ mostly.
    - Boyfriend and friends: bf: ENFJ (very look a like, but he's a lot more sociable) /friends: ENFP (very wild and crazy some years ago, now maturing, calls me her "conciousness"), INTP, INFP, ENFJ...

So this is it, any hint would be helpful! Questions are welcome to clarify anything.

Thank you, guys!

ReflecTcelfeR

I think easily said you're probably INFJ.

No one else? =/

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

You sound very much like a INFJ
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    You sound very much like a INFJ
    My vote as well.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

SingSmileShine

Yes, agreed. You're very value-oriented, it seems.

Thank you all for the help!

I can see... I read some INFJ profiles around the forum and the internet as well, and I analyzed the way it fits me better than the other types.
    I've seen this before. The problem is that I was confused about the Ni/Ne, Fe/Fi thing: what I really used as primary/ secondary, how the Ni and Fe works in my psyche. I saw that many people that also struggled between the two types. Maybe because Ni can be very tricky to understand (and for its users, we are kind of accustomed to Ni "inner working", and its not obviously observable, just works in mysterious ways) and Fe combined with this function sometimes can sound like Fi compared to the way SFJ's uses this (Fe).

And, I don't know if it's a characteristic of Ni-doms/auxs exclusively but knowing something that you have never seen before (some theory, fact, subject), and really knowing kind of out of nowhere what is something, or how something happened or works is a Ni thing, isn't it? It happens to me and everybody thinks it's strange. (I hope it's not confusing!)

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by SilentNight View Post
    Thank you all for the help!

I can see... I read some INFJ profiles around the forum and the internet as well, and I analyzed the way it fits me better than the other types.
    I've seen this before. The problem is that I was confused about the Ni/Ne, Fe/Fi thing: what I really used as primary/ secondary, how the Ni and Fe works in my psyche. I saw that many people that also struggled between the two types. Maybe because Ni can be very tricky to understand (and for its users, we are kind of accustomed to Ni "inner working", and its not obviously observable, just works in mysterious ways) and Fe combined with this function sometimes can sound like Fi compared to the way SFJ's uses this (Fe).

And, I don't know if it's a characteristic of Ni-doms/auxs exclusively but knowing something that you have never seen before (some theory, fact, subject), and really knowing kind of out of nowhere what is something, or how something happened or works is a Ni thing, isn't it? It happens to me and everybody thinks it's strange. (I hope it's not confusing!)
    Yes, this is something INFJs seem to experience; that strong instinctual perception of things.

Ni is difficult to explain, as is Fi, so confusion is natural. One way of think about the differences in general terms is breadth (Ne, Fe) vs. depth (Ni, Fi). I'll make an attempt to define these:

- Ne is like a tree growing upward from the trunk into many branches, with many more branches and twigs extending out from each of them. It's about divergence, patterns, connections, and possibilities that form many truths.
    - Ni is like many small streams coming together from different directions and sources to form a single, distinct river. It's about convergence, clarifying, enlightening, uncovering a single truth.

- Fe is interested in establishing (and preserving) stability and consistency within themselves and those around them. It seeks social cohesion, to affirm common values and to use expedient shorthand methods to communicate and connect with others.
    - Fi is interested in establishing (and preserving) a subjective, internal stability and consistency, separate from external forces. It seeks authenticity, to act in congruence with personal values, and to respect and appreciate the individual essence of others.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Yes, this is something INFJs seem to experience; that strong instinctual perception of things.

Ni is difficult to explain, as is Fi, so confusion is natural. One way of think about the differences in general terms is breadth (Ne, Fe) vs. depth (Ni, Fi). I'll make an attempt to define these:

- Ne is like a tree growing upward from the trunk into many branches, with many more branches and twigs extending out from each of them. It's about divergence, patterns, connections, and possibilities that form many truths.
    - Ni is like many small streams coming together from different directions and sources to form a single, distinct river. It's about convergence, clarifying, enlightening, uncovering a single truth.

- Fe is interested in establishing (and preserving) stability and consistency within themselves and those around them. It seeks social cohesion, to affirm common values and to use expedient shorthand methods to communicate and connect with others.
    - Fi is interested in establishing (and preserving) a subjective, internal stability and consistency, separate from external forces. It seeks authenticity, to act in congruence with personal values, and to respect and appreciate the individual essence of others.
    Interesting... By your information, I identify entirely with Ni and Fe.

Ni: added to the information I showed in the previous post, this kind of thinking exposed is exactly the way I deal with ideas, theories etc... I like tho know many ways of thinking and then to converge them to one single idea that is kind of a "fundamental concept", that can be universally applied.

Fe: that's it. I couldn't be comfortable having values that conflict with the ones my family hold [EDIT: because it wouldn't be me: this connection with their values come as naturally as I breath, I don't force it or anything]. And I connect to people using points in common between us to create a sense of closeness and identification when I first meet them.

Despite this, I have some characteristics that match with Fi, like appreciating the individual essence of others (what can be also Ni+Fe related, and work differently). And I'm very authentic, but not about my values (that are, inside and outside, the ones I learned, mainly), but more about my way of seeing things...
    Last edited by SilentNight; 03-06-2012 at 11:33 AM.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by SilentNight View Post
    I couldn't be comfortable having values that conflict with the ones my family hold. And I connect to people using points in common between us to create a sense of closeness and identification.
    Why? Everybody's different in some way or another. That doesn't mean you can't be close to your family if you have different values. Accepting people for who they are (as long as they aren't harmful or destructive/self-destructive; in which case, it's good to try to help them) is one of the best things you could do. Even if your family is disappointed in you for having different beliefs, just continue to love them just as much and understand where they're coming from. Eventually, they'll (most likely) accept you. That's what I did with my family (my family, with the exception of my 15 year-old sister, is conservative and very religious-value oriented, whereas I am a bleeding heart liberal atheist).
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥