• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

So I asked an old friend of mine to describe me, the way he has experienced me.

Fluxkom

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
From that description, what would you say my type (Ennea or MBTI, both appreciated) might have been then?

First thing that comes to mind is the ease that you were radiating, e.g. when dealing with people, which seemed to come really natural to you. There have been always people around you, everybody "knew" you and vice versa. The "opposite of distanced" describes it quite well I guess.

Then the ability to bring enthusiasm to everything, which brought some instability with it as the other half of the coin. With that maybe a grain of naivity and credulity, but I'm not sure if this was stronger in you than in others of your age.

The above mentioned ease went hand in hand with carelessness, few thoughts about the future, better do something right now. And about do something right now, this has to be mentioned as well. You always had to be doing something. Not in the sense of hyperactivity but just not get bored. On the other hand there was self control, you never have been the guy for excesses of any sort. (at least that I know of ;))

You've been the ever happy and ever nice guy.

At last one thing that I'm aware of myself is, that there is a certain disability or desinterest to understand others deeper than just scratching the surface.

Soooo, what do you guys think?

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
ENFP, natch. Can't say about Enneagram - not enough info.

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENFP, natch. Can't say about Enneagram - not enough info.

"understand others deeper than just scratching the surface."
ahem.. enfps are known as the VERY opposite of this.
or so they claim to be, at least.
sounds very esfp to me, they never dwell beyond the physical surface.

just tell me, if you had to choose one to give up: your left eye or your imagination, which?

as to your ennea, most likely 7 as you seem the live life to enjoy it kind, yes?

EDIT:
red your started threads, fanfiction? that answers my question i assume, unless your mature esfp with developed Ni.
Ne can connect other peoples behavior and by using fi read their emotions, thus creating a deep view on other people which is not quite at all what esfp's do.

if you use Ne: you enjoy creating imaginated things in your mind which you poses enormous need to share.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
The only thing you can tell from that description is that you're Get Things Going. That means you're either ESFJ, ESFP, ENFP, or ENTP. Can't tell anything more from that brief description, though.

Fluxkom

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
if you use Ne: you enjoy creating imaginated things in your mind which you poses enormous need to share.

I guess I do. I ask my collegue at least twice a day things like "If you were a tree, which one would that be?" and more random stuff.
Just today in another forum we had a discussion about energie resources.
I've read earlier, that there have been plans to use very large kites and put them into the jetstream to generate electricity from that.

And from that came combined with a different concept that has been proposed, the idea, to build a powerplant on a satellite, which has those kites hanging from it, directly into the jetstream.

Ah well, stuff like that all the day, and sharing it mostly on the internet, as I only have one guy to talk to directly and he's an SJ...

From what I've found out so far about me is, that I'm definitive E, definite N, borderline T/F, and definite P.
I was hoping that the description from my friend would point toward T or F at some point.

Edit:
However, after reading more on the different functions, I think, that I use a lot more Fi than Ti, so if I had to say one or the other then I'd say ENFP and directly after that maybe. ;)

Last edited:

Fluxkom

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
as to your ennea, most likely 7 as you seem the live life to enjoy it kind, yes?

In the tests 7 always comes up equal strong as 9. Both far ahead of the rest. So either 7w8 or 9w8.
Same indifference as in T/F.

Ranked as follows: 7=9>>8=5>4>3>6=2>>1

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The only thing you can tell from that description is that you're Get Things Going. That means you're either ESFJ, ESFP, ENFP, or ENTP. Can't tell anything more from that brief description, though.

I'm going to agree with this. Here's the link for that- http://www.bestfittype.com/interactionstyles.html

In the tests 7 always comes up equal strong as 9. Both far ahead of the rest. So either 7w8 or 9w8.

Have you ever actually looked into anything enneagram wise? Just from this I'd say you haven't... 7 and 9 are two really different types and any amount of research I'm sure would distinguish the two pretty quickly. The enneagram institute is a pretty legit source, one of the most legit internet sources I'd say. You'll always get the best information from books though IMO.

What about Fi do you relate to? Why would you say you use that over Ti?

Fluxkom

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Have you ever actually looked into anything enneagram wise? Just from this I'd say you haven't... 7 and 9 are two really different types and any amount of research I'm sure would distinguish the two pretty quickly. The enneagram institute is a pretty legit source, one of the most legit internet sources I'd say. You'll always get the best information from books though IMO.

I did. Quite a lot actually. I've read two books and talked a lot to my wife about it, who has been working with the enneagramm for 15+ years now.

I was just stating, what the usual test results are.
My wife thinks I'm a 7. I tend to agree, but there are so many 9ish things in me, that are really hard to ignore, so I'm just wondering that I might be a 9 who thinks that he's a seven, as this seems to be a 9ish trait as well.

In Fi, i relate to the moral code. I have one, but now that I think of it, that might have been just some rules that I've rationalized at a point.

Ah well fuck this.
I'm ENTP 7w8.
Deal with it!

;)

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

the order of enneas can be the hardest part to distinguish.
you _will_ type your ennea order probably many times wrong, until you go deep, very deep inside of yourself and comes the A HA realization, that, you truly value one over another.

ask yourself, which is more important to have fun life or a peaceful one. not just one, you can have both, but there is more one than another.

Fluxkom

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Ok maybe I don't really understand the difference to Fe here.

So some stories for you that happend in the past.

1. I was driving home and there was a hitchhiker. I generally take every hitchhiker with me if I have space in the car. I happend to have this time, so I let him jump in.
He told me he was from Slowenia and got robbed and just got out of the police department where they have told him that there's basically nothing they could do for him.
So I asked him what he wants to do, and he said he wants to go to the Netherlands and visit a friend, but since he's been robbed, it'll be difficult to get there.
So I told him that the best way would be to get to Frankfurt first, since that was the next closest big city and it would be easier to get a ride from there.
He was quite messed up, smelled a bit and probably didn't shower for five days from the look of his hair.
I told him that I'd drop him off at the next Autobahn exit, so he could continue his hike from there (it was about 20:00 and already dark) When he got out, I also gave him 20€ so he could buy himself some food on his journey.
After departing from him I wondered why I didn't offer him to stay with me that night, take a shower, wash his clothes, let him use the phone and then drop him off in Frankfurt directly, as I work there, as it was totally a possibilty.

2. Me and a friend went to San Francisco when we were just 20 for a Magic the Gathering Grand Prix. When we arrived in SF, we had no idea where our hostel was located, so I just went to the next guy I saw and asked him.
My friend was quite unsure what to think of that action, as the said guy turned out to be a homeless guy and asked us in a very hard to understand english to follow him. He lead through dark side streets and my friend almost panicked in fear of getting mugged. I however in my naivity thought that it'll all turn out good. 5 Minutes later he dropped us right at the doorsteps of the hostel.

3. Another hitchhiker I took from the Autobahn on my way home. He was a young guy from the US, who just finished his bachelor and wanted to travel Europe for a year, couchsurfing. Again it was late and I asked him where he wanted to go. He said Nuremberg, which was still quite a distance, and he still had not figured out where to sleep that night in Nuremberg, since all the potential hosts had not called him back. So I instantly offered him to hit my couch, since my wife and kids have been away that night with their grandparents. We had a really fun evening, talked a lot about politics and education systems in Germany and the US and just had a good time. Next morning I dropped him off at the Autobahn and never heard from him again.

So tell me. Is this thing of trusting people and trying to help them a morale decision, or is it just the logical thing to do? Is it out of compassion or empathy?
It's hard for me to see the difference there.

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ok maybe I don't really understand the difference to Fe here.

So some stories for you that happend in the past.

1. I was driving home and there was a hitchhiker. I generally take every hitchhiker with me if I have space in the car. I happend to have this time, so I let him jump in.
He told me he was from Slowenia and got robbed and just got out of the police department where they have told him that there's basically nothing they could do for him.
So I asked him what he wants to do, and he said he wants to go to the Netherlands and visit a friend, but since he's been robbed, it'll be difficult to get there.
So I told him that the best way would be to get to Frankfurt first, since that was the next closest big city and it would be easier to get a ride from there.
He was quite messed up, smelled a bit and probably didn't shower for five days from the look of his hair.
I told him that I'd drop him off at the next Autobahn exit, so he could continue his hike from there (it was about 20:00 and already dark) When he got out, I also gave him 20€ so he could buy himself some food on his journey.
After departing from him I wondered why I didn't offer him to stay with me that night, take a shower, wash his clothes, let him use the phone and then drop him off in Frankfurt directly, as I work there, as it was totally a possibilty.

2. Me and a friend went to San Francisco when we were just 20 for a Magic the Gathering Grand Prix. When we arrived in SF, we had no idea where our hostel was located, so I just went to the next guy I saw and asked him.
My friend was quite unsure what to think of that action, as the said guy turned out to be a homeless guy and asked us in a very hard to understand english to follow him. He lead through dark side streets and my friend almost panicked in fear of getting mugged. I however in my naivity thought that it'll all turn out good. 5 Minutes later he dropped us right at the doorsteps of the hostel.

3. Another hitchhiker I took from the Autobahn on my way home. He was a young guy from the US, who just finished his bachelor and wanted to travel Europe for a year, couchsurfing. Again it was late and I asked him where he wanted to go. He said Nuremberg, which was still quite a distance, and he still had not figured out where to sleep that night in Nuremberg, since all the potential hosts had not called him back. So I instantly offered him to hit my couch, since my wife and kids have been away that night with their grandparents. We had a really fun evening, talked a lot about politics and education systems in Germany and the US and just had a good time. Next morning I dropped him off at the Autobahn and never heard from him again.

So tell me. Is this thing of trusting people and trying to help them a morale decision, or is it just the logical thing to do? Is it out of compassion or empathy?
It's hard for me to see the difference there.

1. cause it made you feel bad since they felt bad, or cause you felt bad for them?
Te is generally more generous in material sense, while Fe would have given comfort instead.

if you were Ti, you would prefer to answer these questions your asking by your own conclusions, but you rather find someone else who knows more? (Te)
also Fi is when you stop thinking about choices, and just pick whatever makes _you_ feel best.

2. yes, thats.. well, enfp's always so optimistic. or at least thats the image you want others to have of you.
also might i add, my sister (enfp 7 year old) also does that.
at this situation Ti is likely screaming in their head: "GOD WHYYY GOD WHYY WHYY DID I NOT THINK OF THIS BEFOOOORRREEE!!11"
after we have screamed a bit in our heads, we go back to wherever we came from unless you build the confidence to show others how reckless you were by not thinking of it before hand.
maybe thats what was going on in your friends head before you headed for the stranger?
he prob thought when you headed to talk to that stranger: "NOOO YOU IDIOT!"

3. talking thoughts aloud discussion are very Te style. while ti/fe would prefer to talk about it, we do it to log the information to think it while we speak of something else and when we are away from the person, in our heads we still keep thinking of them and next time tell our conclusions.
Te just says whatever is on your mind out loud.
while Ti has an answer to.. almost everything.
although ive learned to do that.. i often.. almost always have to correct myself the next time i meet after re thinking what ive said.

im very empathic, but i wont share if theres nothing in it for me IF it costs me something of material. if no cost, im glad to help however i can. (usually its good time im after but that includes some skill i can develop by doing so. for example, the skill to .. to have fun. yeah its complex skill! =)

EDIT:
but as like i side, using Ti to talk about thoughts on the instant.. leads to a lot of correcting afterwards as its not meant to be used aloud, but its a necessary skill anyways if youra wanting to talk about anything which includes answers to anything.
many Ti's have the problem of thinking for too long before answering, but ive learned to think the same time i speak and correct mistakes by recalling the discussion after it.

Fluxkom

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ah well fuck this.
I'm ENTP 7w8.
Deal with it!

Just confirmed that with the paragon test, which has been very clear towards T instead of F.

E: 9
N: 10
T: 9
P: 10

My quest to find my type has finally come to an end.