• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Limit's questionnaire- help type me!

Korvax

1. What are 5 key qualities about you, and what is each of their direct opposites?

Example: “I am nice. The opposite of that would be cruel.”
- I am funny. The opposite would be ‘Un-witty’ I suppose.
- I am vexed. The opposite would be satisfied/at peace.
- I am lazy. The opposite would be pro-active.
- I am nervous. The opposite would be assured.
- I am emotional. The opposite would be unsentimental.

2. Now explain why each of the opposites COULD be you and why it might be GOOD to be that opposite characteristic. Own them even if they are negative traits.
Example: “I am nice. The opposite of that would be cruel. I guess I can be cruel because I never tip waiters. Tipping waiters encourages them to stay at these jobs ‘….’”

Okay, for number 1 it would be good if I was unwitty as that would likely push me out of much socializing, and focus me on more intellectual pursuits as well for their own sakes.
2: If I was at peace I wouldn’t need to be filling out this form- I would be content with who I am and more importantly, understand myself in a more reflective and holistic fashion.
3: If I was pro-active, I would get things done or finish things so that they wouldn’t stockpile. I often recognize the build-up, but never act on it. (Much to my chagrin).
4: If I was assured about things, I wouldn’t second guess myself all the time.
5: If I was unsentimental, then I’d be able to make critiques without the fear of hurting somebodies feelings, and my own emotions wouldn’t be as much of an issue.

3. What would you say to a 5-year-old child if he or she asked you what the purpose of life is?
Note: You’re talking to a young child so keep the answer short and brief.

I’d tell them that I think the point of life is to ‘live it’. Truly embrace it for all that it is- and come to realize your (only you can really know them) strengths and weaknesses through living. Embrace those too.

4. What type of advice would you give that same child on how to survive in this world?
Note: You’re talking to a young child so keep the answer short and brief.
I’d tell them that you need to realize where you’re strong and where you’re weak. That way you can make the best decisions based on what you see in a situation. Beyond that, you should eat healthily, avoid unnecessary abuse of things (moderation!), etc.

5. If you were told you only had one year to live from today, and it was 100% guaranteed that you would die exactly 1 year from now, what would you do in that year?

Note: Your health will be fine all the way up to the end.
I’d probably travel the world and practice a martial art (maybe learn how to dive if I could do it fast enough), all whilst reading the world’s most renowned works of profundity. Or I’d break down and become so self-conscious of demise that I would paralyze myself.
6. Why aren't you doing this now?

Because I’m more or less going with the flow of life- going to school seems to be part of that indolent stream. I’m also far too lazy to do much with myself, even though I know what would truly be best.

7. What do you really want in your truest self?

I want to be an assured and thinking human being. I want to know my limits, and work on them where possible, all whilst helping those I love with their problems in ways I can. I want to use the cerebrum I’m conscious of to its maximum potential, both within my person and outside. I want to satisfy my mental thirst.
I also want a group of people I can discuss with on any issue whether they be ‘offensive’ or not. I do not want to be constrained by the status-quo, which doesn’t mean I have to go out spreading my beliefs about it.

8. What have you substituted/settled for compared to what you really want?

A life of constant mediocrity more or less. I go with the flow because I’m too lazy to leave it- indeed I’m too lazy to do most things. I’m also very much concerned with myself at this point- I’m trying to search for my identity. Finding an MBTI type would be beneficial in this crusade, as it would point me towards my core being (beyond all the ‘thinking shadowing’ that’s engulfed my very being over the years).

9. What are your defense mechanisms?
Sometimes people don’t realize what their true defense mechanisms are because they are working at 100% efficiency. You may have to really think about this one.
Another way to look at the question:
When you start to feel uncomfortable or anxious about a situation, what do you generally start to do?
I tend to become agitated, and visibly distraught. I feel like I’m at an impasse, and eventually I’ll want some solitude to mull the things of concern over in my mind. Speaking with a parent isn’t so much a way for them to bounce things off, but I need to vent all the emotions I bottle up (which become more apparent when I’m in a state of anxiety).

10. What are some good habits that are needed for living a healthy adult life?

Well you need to eat well! You also need to keep your brain stimulated as it will allow you to look for hidden meaning in the real world. Make sure to find contacts who interest you as well (they might not agree with you, but if they’re interesting folks then it could work out).
Pets are also essential if you ask me. They’ll always be by your side, and you’ll never mind them even when you want some solitude.

11. What are you like in relaxed and non-threatening situations?

I’m always thinking about random things. Whereas I focus on my own state in threatening situations, I allow my brain ‘free-reign’ (hahaha rhymes!) at these points. I’ll tend to free-associate things throughout these thought processes, and will be very receptive to people who need help (as long as I’m not pre-occupied with work, as I don’t like to distract myself).

12. What does your heart feel like it needs and wants?

It needs self-resolution. It wants to be there when I find myself, so that it can throw up the celebratory banners in the halls of my persona. It wants to avoid conflict as it dislikes seeing other people hurt, or being hurt by insensitivity itself. It also wants to help people understand concepts, so when people ask me for help with studies, I will not hesitate to do so. It also likes it when I’m right about things, and rewards me emotionally.

13. What condition is your heart in right now?

It’s a bit fragile in this self-search- and very sensitive to issues pertaining to it (such as MBTI and my behavior). Right now it’s relatively calm and placid- at total peace. This is the state I need it in when I write these reflecting questionnaires, so that it doesn’t jump to negatives right away.

14. What does your head say it needs and wants?

It too wants self-resolution. It wants to know what might be its greatest avenue for growth- where are my real strengths (I’m not sure what they are in truth) and how can it lend itself to the most beneficial activity? It wants exercise and wants to be used to help build rather than dissect. I want to find ways to understand rather than pull down edifices. Where can I improve things as opposed to where are there problems if you know what I mean.

15. What condition is your mind in right now?

It’s just received some stimulation from more mathematical homework. It too isn’t overtaxed right now, and is having a good time sitting in my noggin.

16. What does your body say it needs and wants?

Nothing. It only needs the bare essentials for life, such as good eats and lack of abuse. I really don’t listen to its wants- it’s at the bottom of the great chain of existence in Korvax-world.

17. What is the condition of your body right now?

Nothing wrong with it! I feel relatively comfortable right now, and intend to make it feel better after I go for a run in the brisk weather.

18. Which do you trust the most in making an important decision between your head, body, and heart? Why?

I feel most secure in an answer when it resonates with my heart. My mind can do all of this stuff, but at the end point it’s my heart which evaluates my comfort in whatever the mind has decided. So the processing is mental and the evaluation is emotional. The emotional I feel tends to dwarf my sense of logic at times, especially when anxiety or feeling is running high.

19. Which do you trust the least in making an important decision between your head, body, and heart? Why?

Body, because I’m not accustomed to how it communicates its needs and wants. When I really can’t take it anymore when exercising I’ll stop, but that’s really the only time it has a strong unswerving vote.

20. What is your predominant fault?

My laziness. I cannot count how much this has cornered me into procrastination or sleepiness. It’s far too common and I wish I could kick drop-kick it!

21. Think of a time when you felt at ease and connected to yourself and others. What did you think about yourself, others, and the entire world during this time?

I didn’t think- I felt. I was immersed in the situation around me, but my consciousness was prevailing. I had an easy time cracking great jokes and making good remarks about things.

22. Think of a time when you felt anxious and disconnected from yourself and others. What did you think about yourself, others, and the entire world during this time?

I became desperately self-aware and worried. I felt like I didn’t have any control, and that the world around me was falling out from underneath. I just wanted whatever causing this feeling to go away and stay down.

23. What is an addiction or urge that seems to drive you as almost as if you’re not in control? Almost like an alien force that drives or pushes you down.

My addiction to nothing! I have a tendency to just play video-games or indulge my little “amusement” persona to no end- usually through video games or internet surfing. It’s at these times that I can become pretty unconscious.

24. What things do you feel you cannot do because they might jeopardize your survival?

Example: “I can not express my feelings, because I feel like I need to be cool, calm, and collected to survive.”
“I have to be right. I can not afford to be wrong.”

Finding out that I am something I never suspected myself of being, or being the opposite of what I thought myself to be. Because I am so unsure, I’m prone to this and it rattles me to my core when it happens.
Although I’m intensely feeling and loving, I’ve shut off that portion of myself because I felt so bad when it was pronounced and people made fun of me.
I also don’t share my problems with people, because I find myself so immensely uninteresting when viewing it through the eyes of other people. My problems are only interesting to myself in the end (although I like to speak with my mom about my own problems as a way of measuring my progress).

25. What do you need in your life to face your fears?

Resolution. I just need to throw aside any nervousness and go for it- I can’t let myself devolve to worst-case scenario thinking, I need to relax, let it go.

26. What is your own personal mission statement?
Never think you’re ‘all that’ because chances are, everybody in the world is going to be better than you at something. At the same time, make yourself accessible so that you can help out and be a contributing member to the people you love and respect.
____________________________________________________________________________________

Okay, so it’s done.
I’ve been typed as an INFJ with strong shadow functions and as an ESFJ (which I don’t really associate with at all).
Some little quirks that may help sway you:
- I’m very disorganized, I’m messy (but I like to be hygienic).
- I enjoy helping people understand things, but don’t like having other people tell me how to understand either.
- I like talking to people about deeper issues, but can work my way around in average conversation. I dislike pop culture discussion.
- I have a strong long-term memory (not for specifics, but very general things) and I can’t stand rote memorization unless it’s necessary.
- Memorization is not enough for me to be comfortable with something; I have to understand it (something that almost comes subconsciously).
- I’m clumsy and very forgetful. I used to lose things very often so I’m always nervous that I forgot something somewhere.
- When in the world around me ‘idealistic’ scenarios can be very impressionable (romantic (in the art movement sense) sunset-esque stuff is cool if I’m paying attention).
- My mind is constantly whirring about and thinking about things. Random things. I tend to fantasize about video games I play as well and lose myself in that world.
- I’ve been told that I would make a good psychologist due to my good understanding of how my own mind works.

If there’s anything else that may be helpful to this, please let me know in the responses. For the record, I associate most with the INFJ description on most sites, and feel tied towards the NF dual-function thingie most. Just not sure though.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Best guess, ISFP p6w5 > 9w1 > 2w1 sp/so

Although to be honest, I'm not sure if you're more of a 6 or 9, I see a lot of tendencies of both, so I'm actually unsure as to which should really be the core type.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd go with INFJ.