User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 19

  1. #1
    ... Tyrinth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    1,173

    Unhappy Maybe I'll just hang out here for a while.

    What the title says (Meaning this part of the forum, "what's my type?"). I can't trust myself to figure out my type, I become whatever I believe I am (to some extent at least). And for that reason I can't trust the tests either, as they are far too easy to manipulate.

    Maybe I should just do what some of the other members have done and create a poll and link to it in my signature...

    My most common type results from tests are ISFP, INFP, INTP, and INTJ. Though I'm really not sure what good that information will do, since, like I said, I can manipulate the results to my choosing fairly easily. I could be an E for all I know based on those tests (Although that is extremely unlikely.)

    Well, if you have any guesses, or pertinent questions, feel free to post. I'm gonna go sit in a corner and be annoyed at how the MBTI (doesn't) work(s)...
    Last edited by Tyrinth; 02-15-2012 at 04:26 AM.
    ...

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    2,841

    Default

    Let's see here . . .

    By functions:

    ISFP: Fi Se Ni Te
    INFP: Fi Ne Si Te
    INTP: Ti Ne Si Fe
    INTJ: Ni Te Fi Se

    So between those types, and Fi-Te user seems most likely; we can eliminate INTP.

    ISFP: Se Ni
    INFP: Ne Si
    INTJ: Ni Se

    and given that Se and Ni > Ne and Si, we can eliminate INFP

    Leaving us with INTJ or ISFP. However, that's not really a careful way to deduce type . . .

    How about answering the qustionaire linked in my signature? You provide answers about yourself (note: not type information, but knolwedge of who you are; try and asnwer each question as honestly and objectively as possible), then let others (like me) take care of doing the typing process for you. At the very least, it will help to narrow down information and mak the process easier.

    Hope that helps

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    358

    Default

    What's your understanding of Ni (seeing as INTJs are Ni-dom) and Ne (INTP/INFP aux)?

    I've heard Ni described as going from A, Z. I've seen it described as an inference or an ah-ha moment.
    Whereas Ne is something like A, B, C...Z. It plays on possibilities, searching for connections.
    As for ISFP, they use Se as aux instead of Ne. So you would be more detailed oriented, aware of your surroundings in comparison to Ne users. More concrete (Se) vs. abstract (Ne/Ni).

    Which one resonates the most with you?

  4. #4
    ... Tyrinth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    1,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Leaving us with INTJ or ISFP. However, that's not really a careful way to deduce type . . .

    How about answering the qustionaire linked in my signature?
    Of the four, those two are actually the ones I get the least often as results on tests.

    Wow, that's a long questionnaire.

    1. What are 5 key qualities about you, and what is each of their direct opposites?

    I'm indecisive, the opposite would be decisive.
    I'm easily bored, the opposite would be easily entertained.
    I generally dislike social interaction, the opposite would be I'm a people person.
    I'm a little bit unstable, the opposite would be consistent, predictable, even-tempered.
    I can be a little cold sometimes, the opposite would be kind, warm.
    I am usually passive, the opposite would be aggressive.

    (I can only count to three, why do you ask?)

    2. Now explain why each of the opposites COULD be you and why it might be GOOD to be that opposite characteristic. Own them even if they are negative traits.

    I can easily become decisive when I have enough information which reenforces a certain decision, and there is no/little information which works against that decision. Or sometimes I just become decisive about a choice for no real reason.

    Ehh, I guess I'm easily entertained for short periods of time when it comes to things I enjoy, they just don't hold my interest for long...

    I suppose I seem like more of a people person if those people bring up something which interests me. It's more appealing to interact when something which interests me comes up.

    I'm really not sure how I could be considered consistent. Need outside help for answering that one, I tend to be all over the place.

    I definitely have the capability to be kind, it's just not my uh... default behavior I guess.

    Push me too far when I'm being passive, and see how just how aggressive can I get, hehe.

    3. What would you say to a 5-year-old child if he or she asked you what the purpose of life is?

    Pffftttahahah, sorry, I'm skipping this one.

    4. What type of advice would you give that same child on how to survive in this world?

    Find out what you're naturally good at, and practice that so you excel.

    5. If you were told you only had one year to live from today, and it was 100% guaranteed that you would die exactly 1 year from now, what would you do in that year?


    Travel to a certain place I've always wanted to visit, and just mess around for the rest of the time spending whatever money I have left.

    6. Why aren't you doing this now?


    I would go broke.

    7. What do you really want in your truest self?

    I don't know.

    8. What have you substituted/settled for compared to what you really want?

    More than I would like...

    9. What are your defense mechanisms?
    Projection is one.
    Denial is another.
    Though usually I just withdraw, and avoid the situation.

    10. What are some good habits that are needed for living a healthy adult life?
    I don't understand the point of the question, but...
    Responsibility.
    The ability to put up with people that annoy you.
    The ability to make practical decisions, not just the ones you want.
    11. What are you like in relaxed and non-threatening situations?
    Depends on the situation.
    12. What does your heart feel like it needs and wants?
    Don't know, the heart wants what the heart wants, you can't always explain it. Answers would be nice though.
    13. What condition is your heart in right now?
    ...hopefully working condition, or else I have bigger problems than figuring out my type. (Yes, I realize that isn't what it was asking...)

    14. What does your head say it needs and wants?

    My head is annoying, what it wants changes too often...

    15. What condition is your mind in right now?

    Unstable condition, it doesn't know what it wants, and it contradicts itself often.
    16. What does your body say it needs and wants?
    Food.
    17. What is the condition of your body right now?
    Refer to question 13.
    18. Which do you trust the most in making an important decision between your head, body, and heart? Why?
    Either my heart or my head. When decisions involve people I try to bring my heart into the mix because my head is often cruel. And I try not to just use my heart as it isn't necessarily the best decision maker. Though trying to use both is what causes a lot of my indecisiveness in my opinion. I really don't know which I'm more comfortable using of the two.
    19. Which do you trust the least in making an important decision between your head, body, and heart? Why?
    Body... I don't know why.

    20. What is your predominant fault?

    I don't know.
    I'm sure others can answer this better than I can.
    21. Think of a time when you felt at ease and connected to yourself and others. What did you think about yourself, others, and the entire world during this time?
    I can't remember the last time I felt like that.
    22. Think of a time when you felt anxious and disconnected from yourself and others. What did you think about yourself, others, and the entire world during this time? Largely what I've said in this questionnaire...

    23. What is an addiction or urge that seems to drive you as almost as if you’re not in control? Almost like an alien force that drives or pushes you down.
    The desire to figure myself out would probably qualify, even my therapist thinks I introspect an abnormal amount... Apparently just not about the right things...

    24. What things do you feel you cannot do because they might jeopardize your survival?Make bad decisions definitely qualifies. I take a lot of time to make decisions, and I change them often if I don't think they were right.

    I tend to hold back my emotions (try to not display them, or at least play them down) I don't really know if I feel there is a reason for that though.

    25. What do you need in your life to face your fears?
    I need to be absolutely sure of what I'm doing.

    26. What is your own personal mission statement?

    I don't have one.
    ...

  5. #5
    ... Tyrinth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    1,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    What's your understanding of Ni (seeing as INTJs are Ni-dom) and Ne (INTP/INFP aux)?

    I've heard Ni described as going from A, Z. I've seen it described as an inference or an ah-ha moment.
    Whereas Ne is something like A, B, C...Z. It plays on possibilities, searching for connections.
    As for ISFP, they use Se as aux instead of Ne. So you would be more detailed oriented, aware of your surroundings in comparison to Ne users. More concrete (Se) vs. abstract (Ne/Ni).

    Which one resonates the most with you?
    I don't really know about the different kinds of intuition. How I have noticed it in myself is when I just understand or know something, and I can't really figure out how I know it, or how I got to that conclusion. And I think my Si is stronger than my Se, but I'm not sure, and I definitely use both... Which doesn't really help...
    Last edited by Tyrinth; 02-15-2012 at 04:27 AM.
    ...

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    358

    Default

    Indecisiveness is a characteristic of those that use Ne a lot. Check this out:

    While INPs’ dominant function (Ti or Fi) beckons them toward closure, their Ne counters by rallying for additional options and alternatives. Somewhat ironically, their Ne, despite its auxiliary status, often wins out, interjecting enough new or contradictory information to keep INPs in a state of perpetual openness or indecision.
    Here's the source: http://personalityjunkie.com/2011/10...n-intps-infps/

    Also, you say your Si is stronger, or more preferred, than your Se. The function order that would match the description you gave seems to be INFP or INTP. INP types are introverts who use Ne and Si in aux and tertiary positions, respectively. At this point, I would take a look at Fi vs Ti descriptions. The two judging functions are not as easily distinguished as I originally had thought. For the record, I think you're an Fi-dom.

    You're probably an INFP. I was thinking ISFP, but you did say your Si is stronger than your Se. If you are wondering between INFP vs ISFP, here's an explanation that I liked: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...-infp-one.html
    Last edited by Burger King; 02-14-2012 at 12:06 AM. Reason: clarifications

  7. #7
    ... Tyrinth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    1,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Indecisiveness is a characteristics of those that use Ne a lot. Check this out:



    Here's the source: http://personalityjunkie.com/2011/10...n-intps-infps/

    Also, you say your Si is stronger, or more preferred, than your Se. The function order that would match the description you gave seems to be INFP or INTP. INP types are introverts who use Ne and Si in aux and tertiary positions, respectively. At this point, I would take a look at Fi vs Ti descriptions. The two judging functions are not as easily distinguished as I originally had thought. For the record, I think you're an Fi-dom.

    You're probably an INFP. I was thinking ISFP, but you did say your Si is stronger than your Se. If you are wondering between INFP vs ISFP, here's an explanation I that I liked: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...-infp-one.html
    That's actually a fairly fitting conclusion in my opinion. INxP is the most defined I've gotten while still remaining comfortable with the label. As of now though, I am saying Ixxx because I don't want to close off any options should people get a different opinion of me. ISFP is possible though, I'm really not sure... The differences listed in that thread really don't help me differentiate myself from either one.
    ...

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    2,841

    Default

    @Tyrinth

    From the questions, I'm not sure but you may be stuck in some sort of introverted dom-tert loop. You're not Fi dom from what I can tell, rather I think you may be some sort of Pi dom; either Ni or Si. Overall I didn't see any strong evidence of an extroverted function, which is also why I think a dom-tert loop is possible.

    Enneagram wise, you seem fairly 6-ish (insecure, unsure of yourself, indecisive, etc.) with a wing 5. Alternatively 5w6 could works as well. Instinctual varient, sp/sx probably.

    Hmmmmm..... concerning each cognitive function, explain to me how you use, or might use, that particular function. Like how you use Fi, Ne, Ti, Se, etc.

  9. #9
    ... Tyrinth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    1,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    From the questions, I'm not sure but you may be stuck in some sort of introverted dom-tert loop. You're not Fi dom from what I can tell, rather I think you may be some sort of Pi dom; either Ni or Si. Overall I didn't see any strong evidence of an extroverted function, which is also why I think a dom-tert loop is possible.

    Enneagram wise, you seem fairly 6-ish (insecure, unsure of yourself, indecisive, etc.) with a wing 5. Alternatively 5w6 could works as well. Instinctual varient, sp/sx probably.

    Hmmmmm..... concerning each cognitive function, explain to me how you use, or might use, that particular function. Like how you use Fi, Ne, Ti, Se, etc.
    I really don't think I'm left brain dominant, but then again, you probably understand the MBTI/Jungian cognitive functions better than I do...

    I know for a fact that I'm either 4, 5, or 6 on enneagram though, so that's a possibility.

    Ummm, I really don't understand the cognitive functions enough to explain how I use each of them... You wouldn't happen to have another questionnaire for that would you?
    ...

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    2,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    I really don't think I'm left brain dominant, but then again, you probably understand the MBTI/Jungian cognitive functions better than I do...
    Functions are associated with left/right aspects of the brain? Didn't know that.

    I know for a fact that I'm either 4, 5, or 6 on enneagram though, so that's a possibility.
    Well that narrows it down somewhat.

    Ummm, I really don't understand the cognitive functions enough to explain how I use each of them... You wouldn't happen to have another questionnaire for that would you?
    Well, it's technically a socionics questionaire (although the last one was technically an enneagram questionaire) but it should work all the same (the important thing is the information above all else, not the questions). Here ya go!

    1) Pick 5 words or short phrases (or as many as you want, but no less than 5) to describe yourself, and explain.

    2) Now pick the direct opposite of those and explain how you could be the opposite, and what could be good about it.

    3) What are your interests? Why?

    4) What do you want out of life?

    5) What can you not do, because it might jeopardize your survival?

    6) What do you like in other people? Why?

    7) What do you dislike in other people? Why?

    8) What would your ideal partner be like?

    9) Do you enjoy comfort, sensory indulgence, relaxation? Are you physically hedonistic (parties, dancing, binges, good eating, etc.)? Do you focus finely on physical sensations, carefully savoring them?

    10) Do you find yourself neglecting bodily concerns and pushing your body beyond reasonable limits (like skipping sleep or meals or the like)? If so, do you appreciate being encouraged to slow down and take care of yourself, or does it make you feel annoyed or mollycoddled?

    11) Do you focus more on what you need to take care of at the moment, or on the end goal? Do you prefer an attitude of leaving no stone left unturned, or do you only focus on what you feel is necessary to reach your end goals? Are you thorough or sloppy? If neither applies to you, which do you prefer in other people?

    12) Are you forever chasing after new ideas and possibilities, or do you prefer dreaming up imaginative scenarios and fully fleshed-out plans? If neither applies to you, which do you prefer in other people?

    13) Do you look for the hidden implications of concepts in analysis, and what they lead to? Or do you prefer to examine how concepts relate to each other? If neither applies to you, which do you prefer in other people?

    14) Do you solve all variables, difficulties and contingencies as they come up? Or do you prefer to pick the most likely outcome or most likely conclusion and plan with it in mind?

    15) Are you prone to uncertainty or indecisiveness? When you have multiple opportunities to choose from, do you analyze them all? Or do you want to cut out the ones that aren’t likely or are least likely; pick just one?

    16) Are you open to any avenue that might offer potential opportunities? Or do you prefer to make sure the odds are in favor of a new avenue bringing benefits?

    17) Are you assertive? Aggressive? Do you like it when other people are?

    18) Are you able to relax? Or are you restless and fidgety?

    19) Do you prefer concepts, principles, rules, procedures, etc. to be precise and lack ambiguity, or do you prefer simple solutions that offer (or as long as they offer) greater efficiency and productivity?

    20) Are you a practical person in general? Elaborate.

    21) Are you passionate? Emotional? Given to performance or histrionics? Do you enjoy those qualities in other people?

    22) Are you aware of when you're stepping on other peoples' toes, or offend them? When you're not liked?

    23) Are you sensitive to others being emotionally hurt or offended?

    24) Would you say that the status of your personal relationships with people, your distance to them, is an important criterion for guiding your behavior?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 05-12-2015, 01:34 PM
  2. Just dumping this here: An argument for a flat earth.
    By xisnotx in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-20-2012, 10:03 AM
  3. Alleviate your "Forum Boredom" - hang out here!
    By PeaceBaby in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 10-28-2011, 09:35 PM
  4. I have 2000 dollars I need a new laptop (fight it out here for your favorite models!)
    By Billy in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-03-2010, 09:07 PM
  5. I Don’t Believe In Anything. I’m Just Here for the Violence.
    By onceuponatime in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-20-2010, 08:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO