User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 14

  1. #1
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default For the Record: I'm Answering that Long List of Questions

    1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

    Originally, sensing traits in general, such as keeping time on my watch to the second using a shortwave radio time-signal to synchronize with. And I used to love hearing the seconds-tone pulsing on and on, with the recorded voice announcing the time every minute. At times, in my early teens, it was the only thing I had to keep me company. But intuition for me rules over all my sensing traits.

    2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

    A better job, a better life, more freedom, maybe a little money for a change. (But I don't see it happening.) Why? I think it has something to do with the American Dream.

    3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

    Probably those times when I aced tests in school and brought home good grades.
    Being successful at something I wanted to achieve made me feel that way.

    4) What makes you feel inferior?

    Being talked down to, and those times when someone beat me at something important that reflected on me personally.

    5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

    I'm very future-oriented during decision-making, and I imagine all kinds of scenarios, particularly negative ones. But when other are telling me their own worries I can only think of positive outcomes for them.

    6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

    I work on hammering out all the details of a project, although this part of the process is very difficult for me. I have to overcome tendencies toward self-sabotage, because projects are really not rewarding to me. I don't want control over it, and I want someone else to shoulder all the burdens. But then I would be envious of that person's success with attaining all the goals of my project. So it's a catch 22.

    7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

    I had fun times with some childhood friends, last I recall. When they moved to another city, that was the end of the fun. After two weeks of not eating and moping around, my mom took me to see someone (maybe a counsellor) who set me up with some group of kids who met at a park every Saturday. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't the same either, not even close.

    8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

    True learning, for me, comes through sudden insight. Second to that, it is hands on experience. I have found that a lot of people don't know what "sudden insight" means, but it is something I have experienced all my life. The first time I remember this happening was when I learned how to tell time (analog clocks only back in that day). It was an "Aha!" experience, a burst of inspiration out of the blue.

    9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

    Very disorganized. Only the requirements of my job keep me mentally on task for being organized.

    10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

    That's a false alternative. Most people, including myself, consider past experience to be a test of truth. But my past would concern ideas that I've held to be true. I also use the test of logic to see if some new idea even makes sense in itself. If it doesn't even have the coherence to stand on its own two feet, then I throw it away.
    I'm also quite harsh on ideas that are incoherent, as well as the people behind them. There is just no excuse for this and sometimes I suspect that it is being done deliberately. At other times, I wonder how such and such has managed to be so successful hanging on to such a rotten handful of premises and hasty conclusions and built in assumptions based on thin air. So I have to constantly remind myself that there is more to life and people than just being logical.

    11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

    Harmony is something personal and internally indefinable to me. It's not a group thing.

    12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

    I have to think before speaking, and I prefer one-on-one communication.

    13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

    I have gotten better at jumping into action right away, due to the influence of the kind of work that I do which draws me out of my comfort zone. Otherwise, I could hesitate on taking action for years.

    14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

    No DVR or VCR? Then I would be pissed that I missed my favorite show but I would probably go out.

    15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

    I act pissed off if I'm around people I am comfortable expressing my true feelings to. Otherwise I have to suppress it and try to act serenely.

    16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

    I probably dislike those traits I would like to see more of in myself most of all, simply because some people are naturally blessed and I am not.

    17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

    I would like to say "sports, the weather, family, my hobbies or favorite tv shows." I'm afraid I'm not normal. perhaps I am beyond the norm, or maybe I am just sick. Who knows? But I would discuss philosophy with anybody semi-knowledgeable of the subject if I had half the chance.

    18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

    Stereotypically, the answer would be "people." But that's not true of me. I pay too much attention to people, perhaps because of childhood disappointments in the social realm. Thus the reason for typology. I am always aware that I am discussing people, not just traits and characteristics of people. Or I could say "the feelings of others." But I am also hypervigilant in that area. I think, in the long run, I have paid the least attention to my own wants and ambitions.

    19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?

    One friend recently told me, "You never were much of a sweet talker." He's not wrong about that, in fact it's a major flaw. Of course that's in comparison to him, as he loves to try to build up the self-esteem of like-minded people.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  2. #2
    SingSmileShine
    Guest

    Default

    INTJ, it seems to me.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SingSmileShine View Post
    INTJ, it seems to me.
    9) I am "Very disorganized. Only the requirements of my job keep me mentally on task for being organized." Judgers organize their time well; Perceivers don't organize it well, if at all.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  4. #4
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    I interpreted that in a few ways that made you appear as any ixtx. (oh, wait a minute, are you asking us to type you? or just doing the questions because you're bored?)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Silveresque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,280

    Default

    I could sort of see INTJ, though INTP fits as well. You do give off somewhat IxTJ-ish vibes from your posts, I think, though I'm no expert at typing by vibes. I did notice something that sounded (possibly) like Ni:

    True learning, for me, comes through sudden insight. Second to that, it is hands on experience. I have found that a lot of people don't know what "sudden insight" means, but it is something I have experienced all my life. The first time I remember this happening was when I learned how to tell time (analog clocks only back in that day). It was an "Aha!" experience, a burst of inspiration out of the blue.
    But then this part makes you seem like a perceiver:

    Very disorganized. Only the requirements of my job keep me mentally on task for being organized.
    I could see either type for you, though you're more experienced with the mbti, so if you say you're an INTP, you're probably right.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I interpreted that in a few ways that made you appear as any ixtx. (oh, wait a minute, are you asking us to type you? or just doing the questions because you're bored?)
    Someone on a "type me" thread wanted to see how others would respond to these questions. She didn't ask me personally, she just put the request out there.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  7. #7
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    I could sort of see INTJ, though INTP fits as well. You do give off somewhat IxTJ-ish vibes from your posts, I think, though I'm no expert at typing by vibes. I did notice something that sounded (possibly) like Ni:



    But then this part makes you seem like a perceiver:



    I could see either type for you, though you're more experienced with the mbti, so if you say you're an INTP, you're probably right.
    When I consider an actual ISTJ and INTJ (or two) that I know in real life, it is easily recognizable that I am not like them.

    J - easily commits, but just as easily lets go (or let's say it appears easy).
    P - has trouble committing, but then has a hard time letting go (that's me).

    I place great emphasis on logic, which is an internal thought structuring. ISTJ and INTJ are, unfortunately, weak on logic but stronger than me in other areas. For them, ideas are translated into action much more readily, which means that external reality is being structured accordingly (Te), whereas I can sit and ponder an idea for years (Ti). But those two types still don't "shoot from the hip" as quickly as an ESTJ/ENTJ. An ESTJ in particular wants action right now, the ISTJ/INTJ will test an idea first, and then move into it gradually; whereas I have to test it in my head for a long time. By analogy, the first types dive right into the water, the second types test it with their toes before going in, while I will sit and ponder the way the sunlight reflects off the surface and how light from objects below the surface is refracted.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  8. #8
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    I could sort of see INTJ, though INTP fits as well. You do give off somewhat IxTJ-ish vibes from your posts, I think, though I'm no expert at typing by vibes. I did notice something that sounded (possibly) like Ni:



    But then this part makes you seem like a perceiver:



    I could see either type for you, though you're more experienced with the mbti, so if you say you're an INTP, you're probably right.
    What's important is that I am not usually driven or motivated by inspiration. And while it does happen, most of my learning occurs the hard way: through analysis, rote memorization and judicious practice. You see, the whole problem is that I live in a J world and I was brought up in a J-style educational system.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  9. #9
    Senior Member Silveresque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,280

    Default

    INTP.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post
    INTP.
    Yes, or Socionics INTj. The reason is that T is a judging function. That's how I can appear as a judger, although it is based on internal logic schemes. Socionics has dropped the MBTI's P/J distinction which indicates a lifestyle difference: organized/chaotic, observing/judging, scheduled/unscheduled, structured/unstructured, controlled/spontaneous. Socionics has substituted for this distinction a mere symbol, small j or small p, which denotes the dominant function.

    Although Socionics nomenclature is truer to its Jungian roots, I still prefer to do my type calls on the basis of the MBTI's original formula. That way I don't have to assume that an Ni-dom has j (or p) as the last letter. When I listen to people in the videos I simply listen for J or P kinds of statements: is the person making observations or leveling judgments?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Similar Threads

  1. [SJ] A few questions for the SJ's if you want to answer
    By Saslou in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 06-29-2017, 11:14 PM
  2. For the iNtuitives, do you have many friends outside of your age group/generation?
    By Samvega in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-12-2016, 11:08 PM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-09-2009, 12:17 AM
  4. The fact that you will be dead soon for the second time
    By Virtual ghost in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-12-2008, 04:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO