• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Well i think i'm an INTJ but...

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
what do you value ?
not concerning personal space and property

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
So AvereX, if i were to be INTJ, then i see that Fe is my "deceiving" shadow process. What would that mean? I'm more likely to use that to deceive people? More comfortable using Fe to decieve? I'm curious about those shadow processes and what they mean. Introverted Sensing "Si" the "devilish" function? What does all this mean?

"deceiving" here means non-trusting... as in you don't trust the use of Fe in yourself. Something like "If I let my guard down, people will just run right over me." as a reason for not joining a social group.

"devilish" never made any sense to me... to me the inferior shadow is simply not used. Barely noticeable.

I've never really liked Beren(?)'s descriptor for functions because there's so much variations even between individuals of the same type as to how adeptly they can use various functions.

For example the description for one dimension reverse or whatever it's called (Ne) for INXJs does not apply to me. My Ne is probably as high as my Ni...

I haven't read much of the previous posts yet... but can you tell me why you want to know if you're an INTJ? The more details the better...

Fuent

MBTI Type
ENTP
what matters to you the most ?
make it specific if you can

What matters to me the most is for me to be comfortable, happy, and free to do anything i want to do. I feel really restricted right now even though i'm not even living with my parents. I'm a freshman in college right now and even though i enjoy my current freedom i don't feel fulfilled. I feel like i'm in autopilot and there's no way i can be happy until all this is done. My girlfriend lives an hour away from me in a different city because she too is attending college and nothing would make me happier than being able to live with her in my own house where people can't try and tell me what to do. I absolutely detest authority and one of the things that matters to me the most is distancing myself from things that try to impose their will on me.

Fuent

MBTI Type
ENTP
I haven't read much of the previous posts yet... but can you tell me why you want to know if you're an INTJ? The more details the better...

Sheer curiosity. I love this stuff and i just want to know where i would fit in according to the system so that i have a solid base for comparison for understanding the other types and how i relate to them.

Fuent

MBTI Type
ENTP
I feel like a lot of times people don't give back what i put in (in terms of making them feel comfortable/happy) and it's annoying to realize that they either don't notice or don't care. I really resent those people.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I would say that you sound like an NT- and I'll take your word for the fact that you are Introverted. I can't tell whether you are an INTJ or INTP- both types strongly desire autonomy. An INTP is more likely to be troubled by Fe than an INTJ though.

Fuent

MBTI Type
ENTP
I would say that you sound like an NT- and I'll take your word for the fact that you are Introverted. I can't tell whether you are an INTJ or INTP- both types strongly desire autonomy. An INTP is more likely to be troubled by Fe than an INTJ though.

What do you mean by that? I don't mean the fact that Fe is the INTP inferior function but in what way would their actions differ? What specific Fe behavior would make an INTP uncomfortable? One of my best friends is INTP so i can match his behavior to a typical example.

Fuent

MBTI Type
ENTP
With friends i use Fe quite a bit because it's useful in sparking conversations but with strangers it's different. I don't like people knowing details about my life because i know people will misinterpret information or make inaccurate judgments because they don't know all the information and i can't monitor them to make sure they don't misinterpret things. Even if i could monitor them it's not worth my time. It really pisses me off when my mom, ISFJ, wants to know every single little detail about what i did and how i felt doing it because i know from experience she's just gonna go tell all her friends and those crazy people are gonna make all sorts of innacurate judgements and tell their friends... thus the cycle continues and then when they come to my house and bring those details up, i'm expected to want to talk to them and just confirm their judgements (even though they're mostly always wrong) because if i sit there and correct them it's really difficult to stay composed and polite while thinking of how just plain stupid this whole situation is and how necessary this stupid situation is for this person.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
This phototyping stuff is hilarious.

Apparently because I'm actually smiling, I'm definitely F.

Fuent

MBTI Type
ENTP
in general

I kinda described it in a few of the posts on the previous page. Basically autonomy and happiness. I don't need lots of money and cool cars. Just a place to live where i can do what i want, some loyal and dependable friends that are interesting to talk to and be with. They don't have to agree with me, just not try to control me.

I admire people that are really passionate about what they do because their passion makes them try hard and they get shit done. Also they're generally happy and stable so they're not a threat (unless it's killing. Then they're a great threat.)

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I see a J coming through
Te seems to fit you
and it seems that you are defining value based on measurable integrity
INTJ

Fuent

MBTI Type
ENTP
I see a J coming through
Te seems to fit you
and it seems that you are defining value based on measurable integrity
INTJ

I think i would agree with that yes. Well then. Thank you for your analysis. You have been very enlightening.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can only hope to help
thank you for wanting closure ( J )

Fuent

MBTI Type
ENTP
Same one when i first got into this. I tested INTP but i felt i might not be INTP. Their conclusion was also INTJ. I started to doubt that again and so i came and asked for another opinion from you very helpful people at MBTIc.