• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Well i think i'm an INTJ but...

Fuent

MBTI Type
ENTP
Agreed. People keep trying to type me as INTP for that very reason.

ISTJs and INTJs are totally different though they can both appear similar at times (auxillary Te is very... overbearing sometimes).

ISTJs have dominant Si and inferior Ne. That means that they're most in their element when they're comparing to previous experience, but inferior Ne under stress tends to come out as 'catastrophizing' (automatically finding all the ways things can go wrong) and scattering energy.

INTJs have dominant Ni and inferior Se. Ni is most in its element looking at things and immediately finding things that are 'not right' and making connections that have little basis from past experience. Inferior Se under stress can often come out as obsession with 'sensate activities' (watching TV, overeating, binge drinking, etc), hypochondria, and obsessing over details which they know are unimportant.

I know more about inferior Se because I've actually experienced a lot of it... I'm pretty sure that Se and Ne both make you restless under stress, though. From personal experience, though, I've found that most of all there's a sense of immediacy attached to everything I do and everything that happens that's not usually there. I'll panic because I need the means to do something RIGHT NOW even though I don't have the needs and though usually I'm fine with waiting, I'm no longer able to wait.

I know exactly what you mean. It's like i can't be comfortable because it's so important that whatever happens happens now, when i know in reality that time is not an issue and i'm just being irrational.

Fuent

MBTI Type
ENTP
One of my best friends tested INTP and he said it was surprisingly accurate. We're alike in a lot of ways but he can be really cruel sometimes to his roomate who i think is an ENFP. Just takes advantage of him being gullable and wanting to help. He doesn't really seem to care about the needs of other people except for people he really likes and respects. I don't know if i could take advantage of people like that without feeling like a shitbag inside, unless they deserve it... then my friend it will be quite a trip for them...

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
You could be INFJ. Both INTJs and INFJs have dominant Ni and inferior Se. Sometimes they can be difficult to tell apart.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You could be INFJ. Both INTJs and INFJs have dominant Ni and inferior Se. Sometimes they can be difficult to tell apart.

they are each other, but turned inside out

Fuent

MBTI Type
ENTP

I've thought about that before but i honestly doubt i could be a feeler. I mean sure i have emotions but i don't trust them to make decisions. To me that seems like a strange way of doing things.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've thought about that before but i honestly doubt i could be a feeler. I mean sure i have emotions but i don't trust them to make decisions. To me that seems like a strange way of doing things.

neither do i
take a better look at Fe
its objective and analytical
exacting

Fi is the subjective and more intense one

Fuent

MBTI Type
ENTP
I think my Fi is just well developed. I would trust logic more readily than some feeling i have, but i'll consider the feeling.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think my Fi is just well developed. I would trust logic more readily than some feeling i have, but i'll consider the feeling.

its more of a state of mind
anyone who would trust one without the other is a fool
no matter the type

if we were to trust logic as a be all, end all protocol
none of the important changes that were " incredible " would exist
and mankind would be a straight line on a monitor

right ?

Fuent

MBTI Type
ENTP
neither do i
take a better look at Fe
its objective and analytical
exacting

Fi is the subjective and more intense one

The process of extraverted Feeling often involves a desire to connect with (or disconnect from) others and is often evidenced by expressions of warmth (or displeasure) and self-disclosure. The “social graces,” such as being polite, being nice, being friendly, being considerate, and being appropriate, often revolve around the process of extraverted Feeling. Keeping in touch, laughing at jokes when others laugh, and trying to get people to act kindly to each other also involve extraverted Feeling. Using this process, we respond according to expressed or even unexpressed wants and needs of others. We may ask people what they want or need or self-disclose to prompt them to talk more about themselves. This often sparks conversation and lets us know more about them so we can better adjust our behavior to them. Often with this process, we feel pulled to be responsible and take care of others’ feelings, sometimes to the point of not separating our feelings from theirs. We may recognize and adhere to shared values, feelings, and social norms to get along.

Where does Fe lie for an INTJ? I can definitely see myself using this, but i mean i kind of have to in order to interact with people and not be percieved as socially awkward ya know?

Last edited:

Fuent

MBTI Type
ENTP
its more of a state of mind
anyone who would trust one without the other is a fool
no matter the type

if we were to trust logic as a be all, end all protocol
none of the important changes that were " incredible " would exist
and mankind would be a straight line on a monitor

right ?

Right, that makes sense. Do i seem possibly INFJ to you AvereX? I've never taken that idea seriously but coming from an INFJ if you have a hunch please elaborate if you think i might be INFJ.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The process of extraverted Feeling often involves a desire to connect with (or disconnect from) others and is often evidenced by expressions of warmth (or displeasure) and self-disclosure. The

yes
the expressions
not the actual feeling of them

Introverted Feeling

the very bottom section, consisting of 2 paragraphs are excellent

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Right, that makes sense. Do i seem possibly INFJ to you AvereX? I've never taken that idea seriously but coming from an INFJ if you have a hunch please elaborate if you think i might be INFJ.

nothing on my radar just yet
even i analyze impersonally, Ti i think is to blame

try going onto similarminds.com
go onto the phototyping forum
post a picture or more,
and list some of your character features

why ?
single blind study
when they give you a type,
ask why ?
my name is AvereX over there, by the way
send me a PM when or if you do

Fuent

MBTI Type
ENTP
I would but i don't have any pictures of myself or even a digital camera. Lol i'm wondering if this might be a type thing but i find taking pictures and keeping them very silly. I don't much care for them. Yes, i was there and i don't need to show you to prove it because i don't care if you believe me or not, it doesn't change the fact that i was there. I also don't want to look at the picture and reminisce about that time i went to Disney world. That won't do much for me. Lol sorry to ramble.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would but i don't have any pictures of myself or even a digital camera. Lol i'm wondering if this might be a type thing but i find taking pictures and keeping them very silly. I don't much care for them. Yes, i was there and i don't need to show you to prove it because i don't care if you believe me or not, it doesn't change the fact that i was there. I also don't want to look at the picture and reminisce about that time i went to Disney world. That won't do much for me. Lol sorry to ramble.

hmm

how do you ask for something ?

Fuent

MBTI Type
ENTP
So AvereX, if i were to be INTJ, then i see that Fe is my "deceiving" shadow process. What would that mean? I'm more likely to use that to deceive people? More comfortable using Fe to decieve? I'm curious about those shadow processes and what they mean. Introverted Sensing "Si" the "devilish" function? What does all this mean?

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So AvereX, if i were to be INTJ, then i see that Fe is my "deceiving" shadow process. What would that mean? I'm more likely to use that to deceive people? More comfortable using Fe to decieve? I'm curious about those shadow processes and what they mean. Introverted Sensing "Si" the "devilish" function? What does all this mean?

I don't know
i can infer that certain functions play certain roles within yourself
and......
even if you are an INTJ,
you may have a developed shadow function
I for one have a lot of Si, ever since i was a tyke

Fuent

MBTI Type
ENTP
hmm

how do you ask for something ?

To a friend: Can i use this man? (without touching the object or indicating that i already assume they will say yes in any way no matter how minor the object may be) <------ very important.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To a friend: Can i use this man? (without touching the object or indicating that i already assume they will say yes in any way no matter how minor the object may be) <------ very important.

what matters to you the most ?
make it specific if you can

Fuent

MBTI Type
ENTP
I do that cause it pisses me off when i see people do that when they ask me to use stuff or if they can have some food item. It's like some people ask just as a formality and assume it's ok cause it's just a stapler. Well it's my stapler. Respect the stapler not because it's a stapler but because it's my stapler. Just cause it's a minor object that doesn't cost much doesn't matter. It's part of my territory and you should respect it cause it's mine ya know? I think i kinda went off topic a little...