First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by Fuent View Post
    What would snapping or flipping mean for an INTP?
    ESFJ

scroll down
    INTP - Myers-Briggs Personality Type - Denver, Colorado
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Agreed. People keep trying to type me as INTP for that very reason.

ISTJs and INTJs are totally different though they can both appear similar at times (auxillary Te is very... overbearing sometimes).

ISTJs have dominant Si and inferior Ne. That means that they're most in their element when they're comparing to previous experience, but inferior Ne under stress tends to come out as 'catastrophizing' (automatically finding all the ways things can go wrong) and scattering energy.

INTJs have dominant Ni and inferior Se. Ni is most in its element looking at things and immediately finding things that are 'not right' and making connections that have little basis from past experience. Inferior Se under stress can often come out as obsession with 'sensate activities' (watching TV, overeating, binge drinking, etc), hypochondria, and obsessing over details which they know are unimportant.

I know more about inferior Se because I've actually experienced a lot of it... I'm pretty sure that Se and Ne both make you restless under stress, though. From personal experience, though, I've found that most of all there's a sense of immediacy attached to everything I do and everything that happens that's not usually there. I'll panic because I need the means to do something RIGHT NOW even though I don't have the needs and though usually I'm fine with waiting, I'm no longer able to wait.
    I know exactly what you mean. It's like i can't be comfortable because it's so important that whatever happens happens now, when i know in reality that time is not an issue and i'm just being irrational.

MBTI
    ENTP

One of my best friends tested INTP and he said it was surprisingly accurate. We're alike in a lot of ways but he can be really cruel sometimes to his roomate who i think is an ENFP. Just takes advantage of him being gullable and wanting to help. He doesn't really seem to care about the needs of other people except for people he really likes and respects. I don't know if i could take advantage of people like that without feeling like a shitbag inside, unless they deserve it... then my friend it will be quite a trip for them...

MBTI
    ENFJ

You could be INFJ. Both INTJs and INFJs have dominant Ni and inferior Se. Sometimes they can be difficult to tell apart.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

You could be INFJ. Both INTJs and INFJs have dominant Ni and inferior Se. Sometimes they can be difficult to tell apart.
    they are each other, but turned inside out
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    ENTP

I've thought about that before but i honestly doubt i could be a feeler. I mean sure i have emotions but i don't trust them to make decisions. To me that seems like a strange way of doing things.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

I've thought about that before but i honestly doubt i could be a feeler. I mean sure i have emotions but i don't trust them to make decisions. To me that seems like a strange way of doing things.
    neither do i
    take a better look at Fe
    its objective and analytical
    exacting

Fi is the subjective and more intense one
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    ENTP

I think my Fi is just well developed. I would trust logic more readily than some feeling i have, but i'll consider the feeling.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

I think my Fi is just well developed. I would trust logic more readily than some feeling i have, but i'll consider the feeling.
    its more of a state of mind
    anyone who would trust one without the other is a fool
    no matter the type

if we were to trust logic as a be all, end all protocol
    none of the important changes that were " incredible " would exist
    and mankind would be a straight line on a monitor

right ?
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by AvereX View Post
    neither do i
    take a better look at Fe
    its objective and analytical
    exacting

Fi is the subjective and more intense one
    The process of extraverted Feeling often involves a desire to connect with (or disconnect from) others and is often evidenced by expressions of warmth (or displeasure) and self-disclosure. The “social graces,” such as being polite, being nice, being friendly, being considerate, and being appropriate, often revolve around the process of extraverted Feeling. Keeping in touch, laughing at jokes when others laugh, and trying to get people to act kindly to each other also involve extraverted Feeling. Using this process, we respond according to expressed or even unexpressed wants and needs of others. We may ask people what they want or need or self-disclose to prompt them to talk more about themselves. This often sparks conversation and lets us know more about them so we can better adjust our behavior to them. Often with this process, we feel pulled to be responsible and take care of others’ feelings, sometimes to the point of not separating our feelings from theirs. We may recognize and adhere to shared values, feelings, and social norms to get along.

Where does Fe lie for an INTJ? I can definitely see myself using this, but i mean i kind of have to in order to interact with people and not be percieved as socially awkward ya know?
    Last edited by Fuent; 04-24-2008 at 05:11 PM. Reason: incomplete