User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 70

  1. #11
    Senior Member Fuent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    153

    Default

    AvereX i actually saw you post this on Hap's post on "What's my type?" and i took it and ended up as INTJ, i closed the window so i can't post the numbers. I felt like i was half assing it though cause i was answering "somewhat me" for almost all of them cause i keep second guessing myself so much cause everything can be so situational. I've taken that test before and have gotten different results though for that reason. The more i think about it the more my answer changes.

  2. #12
    Earth Exalted Thursday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE
    Posts
    3,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuent View Post
    AvereX i actually saw you post this on Hap's post on "What's my type?" and i took it and ended up as INTJ, i closed the window so i can't post the numbers. I felt like i was half assing it though cause i was answering "somewhat me" for almost all of them cause i keep second guessing myself so much cause everything can be so situational. I've taken that test before and have gotten different results though for that reason. The more i think about it the more my answer changes.
    ah
    look at the type descriptions that tell of the differences between INTJ and INTP
    I N V I C T U S

  3. #13
    Senior Member Fuent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    INTJ sometimes looks P 'cause Ni can make you clumsy/forgetful/etc.

    I didn't read what you said 'cause I never read what anyone says when they type themselves based on the four dichotomies.

    P and J is a horrible descriptor if you're introverted.

    Learn functions for clearer introspection.
    So what does it mean to have Se as my inferior function? What does it tell about the way i think and act?

  4. #14
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    I also wouldn't bother much with the rigid four function model. It seems to me that those who have Ni first have weaker Se than any other function. Perhaps the theory doesn't go that way, but in practice, I've seen it to be true.

    Instead, if I were to do so, I'd use Ni and Te (the functions we can be sure of) to describe your behavior.
    we fukin won boys

  5. #15
    Senior Member Fuent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AvereX View Post
    ah
    look at the type descriptions that tell of the differences between INTJ and INTP
    Is there any ones you've seen that are pretty good in that aspect? I haven't found any so far. When i've tried to differentiate i've just become more confused =/

  6. #16
    Earth Exalted Thursday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE
    Posts
    3,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuent View Post
    So what does it mean to have Se as my inferior function? What does it tell about the way i think and act?
    Under great stress, people tend to "snap" and "flip" over to their non-preferred style. For INTJs this means:

    * Overindulges in Sensing activities -- eating, watching TV, surfing Internet
    * Becomes overly focused on their environment -- housecleaning, organizing cupboards
    I N V I C T U S

  7. #17
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    INTJ sometimes looks P 'cause Ni can make you clumsy/forgetful/etc.

    I didn't read what you said 'cause I never read what anyone says when they type themselves based on the four dichotomies.

    P and J is a horrible descriptor if you're introverted.

    Learn functions for clearer introspection.
    Agreed. People keep trying to type me as INTP for that very reason.

    ISTJs and INTJs are totally different though they can both appear similar at times (auxillary Te is very... overbearing sometimes).

    ISTJs have dominant Si and inferior Ne. That means that they're most in their element when they're comparing to previous experience, but inferior Ne under stress tends to come out as 'catastrophizing' (automatically finding all the ways things can go wrong) and scattering energy.

    INTJs have dominant Ni and inferior Se. Ni is most in its element looking at things and immediately finding things that are 'not right' and making connections that have little basis from past experience. Inferior Se under stress can often come out as obsession with 'sensate activities' (watching TV, overeating, binge drinking, etc), hypochondria, and obsessing over details which they know are unimportant.

    I know more about inferior Se because I've actually experienced a lot of it... I'm pretty sure that Se and Ne both make you restless under stress, though. From personal experience, though, I've found that most of all there's a sense of immediacy attached to everything I do and everything that happens that's not usually there. I'll panic because I need the means to do something RIGHT NOW even though I don't have the needs and though usually I'm fine with waiting, I'm no longer able to wait.

  8. #18
    Senior Member Fuent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    I also wouldn't bother much with the rigid four function model. It seems to me that those who have Ni first have weaker Se than any other function. Perhaps the theory doesn't go that way, but in practice, I've seen it to be true.

    Instead, if I were to do so, I'd use Ni and Te (the functions we can be sure of) to describe your behavior.
    Does having Se as my weakest function explain why i find it so tedious to recall past memories of concrete events such as what i did last week, what i was wearing yesterday, even what my 7th birthday was like?

  9. #19
    Senior Member Fuent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AvereX View Post
    Under great stress, people tend to "snap" and "flip" over to their non-preferred style. For INTJs this means:

    * Overindulges in Sensing activities -- eating, watching TV, surfing Internet
    * Becomes overly focused on their environment -- housecleaning, organizing cupboards
    What would snapping or flipping mean for an INTP?

  10. #20
    Fe, rusted. Poser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuent View Post
    What would snapping or flipping mean for an INTP?
    Oooh, oooh, I know this one
    *raises hand*

    Fe = during extreme frustration an INTP will show an outburst of emotion that is probably similar to a child having a tantrum. Not pretty and not fun.


Similar Threads

  1. Thinking I'm an ISFJ, but not sure
    By floralcoralpot in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-01-2014, 08:08 PM
  2. [INTJ] i think i might be an INTJ afterall
    By INTP in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-16-2013, 07:25 PM
  3. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-13-2010, 02:39 PM
  4. [INTJ] What do you think can make an INTJ emotional?
    By InfiniteIntrigue in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-03-2009, 04:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO