12 Last

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Default NF with NT tendencies or NT with NF tendencies?

Yet another "Identity Crisis" thread.

Been contemplating recently about my type history as well as recent results I have gotten on MBTI tests, as well as writing style evaluation...

Type history is as follows: ISTJ, INTJ, INFJ/INTJ, and on occasion I've gotten ENTJ

JCF test on Similar Minds, on Thursday 26 Jan placed me as ENTJ, highest cognitive functions listed were Te and Ni.

JCF test on Keys2Cognition.com on Thursday 26 Jan placed me as INFJ, with functional order as Ni-Fe-Te-Ti-Fi-Ne-Si-Se

Mental Muscle Diagram Test taken Friday 27 Jan scored me as INTJ at 88%, and ENTJ at 86%, INFJ came in third place as 81%. Cognitive Functions on it showed Ni-Te-Fe-Si.

I am an e4, which seems more consistent with NF traits rather than NT traits. However INTJ 4's, while rare, exist.

Been wondering what these results indicate.... what do you guys think?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

It's crazy, just crazy, how often typology doesn't make any sense.

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    Indeed. Generally I consider myself as an INFJ by default... but I also have those T streaks that come out... been contemplating whether a lot of it is influenced by an educational background in the sciences, both parents being T's, survival mechanism. I feel a bit uncomfortable being totally on the F side because I feel a bit of loss of emotional control, I don't like losing my head... I prefer things to operate in a rational way. But at the same time, I consider people when making decisions. I often feel the most confident when I am going through an "NT phase", mentally clear and focused. When I am in an NF phase, I feel like I am returning to my childhood self. The trouble with that is that I end up feeling too emotionally vulnerable, which is rather unpleasant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

CF, I don't know about your cognitive function test results but your vibe is distinctly INFJ. You have that gentle, old soul-ish feel to you that I associate with INFJs and your posts have a detailed, involved tone that I associate with TiFe. Te-users tend to be more crisp, from what I've noticed ... even when they're not really making any sense. [/clueless Ne user]
    Last edited by 011235813; 02-03-2012 at 02:26 PM.

MBTI
    INtP

I think "type confusion" is pretty common. Especially when the results are gathered by tests, which often have questions that are sort of ambiguous in nature ("well, neither a *or* b, but I can't give that as an answer!") or easily interpreted in certain contexts (people who spend a lot of time at work often have their memories of how they've acted in certain situations influenced by things they did *at work*, when they may not have been acting in their natural state). Other people simply don't fit well into any one type. I know that over the years I've tested/identified more closely with INTP, then INFP, then INFJ, then INTJ -- some of all. That there's no certainty doesn't even mean that I've changed -- just that in different circumstances, at different points in my life, some things have rung true more than others.

Short answer -- I wouldn't worry about it. Any type classification's so broad and flexible that there's no reason to think that one has to fit well. Take from it what you can, and it'll all be good .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by senza_tema View Post
    CF, I don't know about your cognitive function test results but your vibe is distinctly INFJ. You have that gentle, old soul-ish vibe to you that I associate with INFJs and your posts have a detailed, involved tone that I associate with TiFe. Te-users tend to be more crisp, from what I've noticed ... even when they're not really making any sense. [/clueless Ne user]
    LOL! Not so clueless, my friend.

So perhaps the Te could be a defense mechanism or developed from rigorous science education background. The shadow popping up in moments of stress. I do recall when I was in college and got more consistent T scores, I was quite stressed out as well, and time management was absolutely essential in order to get multiple assignments accomplished. You do have a point, my blog posts seem much more indicative of the infamous INFJ Ni-Ti loopfest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

― Friedrich Nietzsche

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    Typology makes sense. People do not.

INFJ

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by kelric View Post
    I think "type confusion" is pretty common. Especially when the results are gathered by tests, which often have questions that are sort of ambiguous in nature ("well, neither a *or* b, but I can't give that as an answer!") or easily interpreted in certain contexts (people who spend a lot of time at work often have their memories of how they've acted in certain situations influenced by things they did *at work*, when they may not have been acting in their natural state). Other people simply don't fit well into any one type. I know that over the years I've tested/identified more closely with INTP, then INFP, then INFJ, then INTJ -- some of all. That there's no certainty doesn't even mean that I've changed -- just that in different circumstances, at different points in my life, some things have rung true more than others.

Short answer -- I wouldn't worry about it. Any type classification's so broad and flexible that there's no reason to think that one has to fit well. Take from it what you can, and it'll all be good .
    Certainly the tests have quite ambiguous questions, or they force you to choose either/or... where some situations may call upon using both types of Je functions. Thinking of how one does things at work/school can make the results different too. Being at home or with family or close friends may end up being a more accurate indicator of actual personality, since work requires us to become more efficient and scheduled.

So basically don't over-analyze it and look at things from a general P.O.V. is the way to go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

― Friedrich Nietzsche

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Typology makes sense. People do not.

INFJ
    Except when you apply it to real people in the real world.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I think Curious Feeling is INFJ. INTJ is possible but INFJ is much more likely in my opinion. She just reminds me vibe-wise of so many other INFJs I know.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne