User Tag List

First 12

Enneagram

If you are unsure as to whether you are an NF with NT tendencies or vice versa you are almost certainly an INFJ.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

This is why I don't trust these tests.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."--Ambrose Redmoon

. . . metamorphosing . . .

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

INFJ is an "Enigmatic" type http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tic-types.html in being a Feeler who is "directive" (feeling is usually "informative"), and this directiveness might make it seem like a T. A strong tertiary Ti will as well.

In most of the tests you mentioned, you did come out as T. In K2C, you came out as INFJ, but with a strong Te in third place (right after Ni and Fe). That could go along with the other tests' TJ results, and for some reason, you happened to score a strong Fe. But then, Fe/Te are left-brain alternatives, and K2C results often do fit that "brain alternative" model, where the functions that should be "7th" or "8th" come out 3rd or 4th in strength. That, I believe, it is because the test is measuring the functions in terms of behaviors, and the 7th/8th are more behavioral (reactionary; though otherwise deep in the "shadow"), while the tertiary and inferior are more experienced than consciously "used" (and carry a sense of "vulnerability"), though ultimately "ego-compatible".

So it could go either way, but it seems most of what is being given leans towards INTJ. Others (who I take it, know you better, or have paid more attention to your communication), are saying INFJ, but also, being female, you might have gravitated more towards a [stereotypical] "Feeling" persona, and tertiary Fi might be strong (even if low on K2C) and makes IxTJ women really seem like Feelers.
    If I remember correctly, you may have seemed more like a Feeler to me, as well, but then that is perhaps from a combination of things, such as your handle and avatars, and just wearing INFJ, so I assume that must be settled. But still, being female can promote that image.

Also, on K2C, having both Thinking attitudes next to each other in a strong range (while Feeling is split, with one strong, the other weaker) also seem to point towards Thinking.

I imagine e4 would also make you seem like a Feeler. I believe, looking at it as on a temperament matrix, 4 is like between 5 and 6, so if you expect an INT to be 5, 4 is really not that far off.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Interesting insight, @Eric B.

So stronger Fe and Te in combination with each other may arise from having strong Je in general?

My communication style, at least in terms of discussing emotions, tends to be more on the flowery side. Thoughts seem to be a mixed bag: enthusiasm for big ideas, things that I like; but the other end of the coin, usually with scientific theory and technical discussions, I tend to get a bit more thinking oriented. Very technical about it.

My F scores tend to be split, I have more preference for Fe over Fi. But I think the way I present myself generally comes across as more F. Stronger T might be as a result of being involved in science related coursework, or being raised in a more T-oriented environment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

garbage

Man. NF with NT tendencies or vice versa? Join the club.

All I can say is that I relate to you here, and I'll be watching this thread with interest

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    My communication style, at least in terms of discussing emotions, tends to be more on the flowery side. Thoughts seem to be a mixed bag: enthusiasm for big ideas, things that I like; but the other end of the coin, usually with scientific theory and technical discussions, I tend to get a bit more thinking oriented. Very technical about it.

My F scores tend to be split, I have more preference for Fe over Fi. But I think the way I present myself generally comes across as more F. Stronger T might be as a result of being involved in science related coursework, or being raised in a more T-oriented environment.
    Again, the supposed "F" stuff sounds like it might be more gender than type, while the "T" stuff sounds more genuine (and more than tertiary).
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)

Type Ideas

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Again, the supposed "F" stuff sounds like it might be more gender than type, while the "T" stuff sounds more genuine (and more than tertiary).
    That, and being HSP, Highly Sensitive Person, on top of it. I wonder how being on the HSP side might effect the T/F scale here. My blog entries might help provide deeper insight to the T/F dichotomy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

NPcomplete

This seems very familiar. In more ways than one. :P

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

You're an INFJ who's unique.
    Just like everyone else :p
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    That, and being HSP, Highly Sensitive Person, on top of it. I wonder how being on the HSP side might effect the T/F scale here. My blog entries might help provide deeper insight to the T/F dichotomy.
    Yes, that would obviously go along with stereotypical "feeling" traits as well.

Type Ideas