• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How would you type me as a child?

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
While looking for some medical information today, I stumbled on some social worker evaluations and letters that provided descriptions of me as a child during my elementary years. Based on these, what would you type me as?

"Constantly talkative to the point of getting on people's nerves"
"Academic overachiever and struggles with behavioral skills"
"A day-dreamer and "wandering" person"
"Superior artistic ability"
"A forgiving person"
"Converses with good humor and wit"
"Has an attitude which leads to an inability to listen to differing opinions"
"Tendency toward high anxiety and self-blame"
"Highly motivated student"

Some of those are so unlike me now and others ring true even today as an adult.

heart

heart on fire
I am confused by your social worker's descriptions how can a child be too talkative and yet daydream too much.

I was constantly daydreaming as a child and the complaint was that I was "too quiet" and withdrawn.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
I am confused by your social worker's descriptions how can a child be too talkative and yet daydream too much.

I was constantly daydreaming as a child and the complaint was that I was "too quiet" and withdrawn.

I guess I was a talkative daydreamer. I dunno. I confirmed what she said with my mother and grandmother. Why would daydreaming and talking be mutually exclusive?

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Maybe it's split 50/50. None of the time is spent listening to the teacher, but then, it says highly motivated student...

heart

heart on fire
Maybe they had a set number of places on the page to fill in with traits.

heart

heart on fire
So based on those traits, how would you have typed me? :huh:

I wouldn't want to say because I feel like those traits are all over the place and I don't know how accurate they are. The very way they contridict each other makes me distrust them for accuracy. :unsure:

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
I wouldn't want to say because I feel like those traits are all over the place and I don't know how accurate they are. The very way they contridict each other makes me distrust them for accuracy. :unsure:

Interesting. Other than the daydreaming comment, what else contradicts? :huh:

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
* how were those comments derived? From observing you across x days, or in a certain setting? How familiar with the assessors with you?

I'd not necessarily say contradict, but the rationale for the comments would be crucial, since a lot are open to intepretation.

E.g. someone who's a dreamer but nervous could become very chatty, if he is anxious to be liked/be accepted, and struggling with expression (behavioural skills lacking).

Have I ever seen your handwriting, Kiddo? So far the few INFJs I have seen have shown an extreme degree of guardedness in theirs, for want of a better word. I'm wondering if yours is the same?

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
* how were those comments derived? From observing you across x days, or in a certain setting? How familiar with the assessors with you?

I honestly don't know. I didn't even know they existed until today. It looks like a combination of teacher observations, notes from counseling appointment I had with the school counselor, and interviews they had with my mother.

I'd not necessarily say contradict, but the rationale for the comments would be crucial, since a lot are open to intepretation.

E.g. someone who's a dreamer but nervous could become very chatty, if he is anxious to be liked/be accepted, and struggling with expression (behavioural skills lacking).

Ah, that is a good point.

Have I ever seen your handwriting, Kiddo? So far the few INFJs I have seen have shown an extreme degree of guardedness in theirs, for want of a better word. I'm wondering if yours is the same?

My handwriting looks like chicken scratches.

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
looking back, what stays and what has changed? How'd you type yourself as a child?

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
that answers all the questions, certainly. :rofl1: Now or then? :devil:

Alright, rephrase.

What traits as a child have you kept till today, and what traits would you say have changed.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi

Only in one on one conversations, and usually only when I get excited about what we are discussing.

That has certainly changed.

Same.

Haven't done anyting artistic in years.

"A forgiving person"

Same, but not as much as I used to be.

Oh, I totally wish I had that skill as an adult. :cry:

:whistling: I admit nothing.

Yup, still stuck with this one I'm afraid.

Maybe then, not now. :doh:

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
"A forgiving person"

That sounds so much like me when I was small... :shock:

I think I'll still stick with NFJ...

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Only in one on one conversations, and usually only when I get excited about what we are discussing.

Or stuck on a point? :whistling:

That has certainly changed.

But would this be because your priorities or motivations have simply changed? Also, no longer a behavior problem child? :D

Same.

A wandering person means an inability to focus and choose? Or desire to explore? One is positive, the other could be detrimental, no?

"A forgiving person"

Same, but not as much as I used to be.

Are you more content with yourself this way?

Oh, I totally wish I had that skill as an adult. :cry:

Why would you say you lack that now?

:whistling: I admit nothing.

The INTJs would have something to say here. :whistling: Do you think maybe the former point is the result of the latter?

Yup, still stuck with this one I'm afraid.

highstrung huh...

Maybe then, not now. :doh:

:D At least you started with good intentions.

Cygnus

I'd agree, you look like a textbook ENFP. The child prodigy archetype. Something you'd see in a movie.