User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type should I consider?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5, and work out your own wing

0 0%
  • 5w4

0 0%
  • 5w6

0 0%
  • 6, and loyal like

0 0%
  • 6w5

0 0%
  • 6w7

0 0%
  • 7, and bouncyflouncy like tigger

4 25.00%
  • 7w6

1 6.25%
  • 7w8

1 6.25%
  • 8, and in control

0 0%
  • 8w7

1 6.25%
  • 8w9

0 0%
  • 9, and surfing life

3 18.75%
  • 9w8

6 37.50%
  • 9w1

1 6.25%
  • 10, you surpass enneagram

3 18.75%
  • 1, 2, 3 or 4

1 6.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
12311 Last

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Default Enneagram experts and wannabes, E9s and E7s come hither! TYPE ME!!

[View post 8 for the real question...]

What E-type would you say the following could represent?

This is pretty much the essence of my inner world...

On the outside I'm the responsible, mature, balanced one that can be counted on in any situation to hold things together and be adult. On the inside it's some kind of fun fantasy land where everything is mysterious, wondrous and magical, where I'm always in awe of the world and my possibilities and have no chance ever making the mistake of growing up.

Kay so there are a few more dimensions...

I'm usually relaxed and peaceful, spirituality and being at peace are very important to me

Yep... my inner world cracks me up

It can be disconnected from other people, society and reality at times

It's random yet gentle and romantic

It's wacky

And there is always music
    Last edited by Kasper; 12-26-2011 at 02:22 AM.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A

Type 5. They often much prefer their inner world to the "threatening" outer world...
    I don't see any invisible treasure chests.

• MBTI? ISTJ
    • Enneagram? 6 with a strong 7 wing
    • Brony? Yes
    • Stereotypes?

I'm thinking type 9. Sounds very peaceful and positive outlook-ish. This part sounds especially 9 to me:

On the inside it's some kind of fun fantasy land where everything is mysterious, wondrous and magical, where I'm always in awe of the world and my possibilities and have no chance ever making the mistake of growing up.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

9w1
    (wannabe for the record
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Maybe 1.

Not 2.

Not 3.

Maybe 4.

Not 5.

Not 6.

Maybe 7.

Not 8

Maybe 9.

So, in other words, I'm certain of the answer.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Best analysis: 9w1 > 4w5 > 5w4 sx/sp

And JCF wise, it seems like ENFP or INFP

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

It can be disconnected from other people, society and reality at times
    Not 9.

5, possibly 4?

Some of those pictures are very 5. The music one is a complex bundle, the zebra is scary/freaky either 5 or 4 like.

If it was 9, it would be like this:

Keeping it simple, right?

5s are often known for being unenlightened Buddha's (or something like that, can't remember exactly). Ie. in their head, they are spiritually aware, peaceful, knowing, but their body is not treated like a temple, they are tense, anxious etc. (at least, that's how I interpreted Helen Palmer's words).

I doubt it's 4 too, they like pretty things lol, not whacky zebra's and smiley faces. They show more emotional depth, no?
    5 3 9

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

@Owfin, @RevlisZero, @Huxley3112, Highlander, Savage Idealist, and Asterion, thanks for your posts!

It's something I posted 2-3 years ago, before I looked at Enneagram (at that time I erroneously thought I was an INTJ E5). I was looking over an old blog yesterday and this jumped out as something that just felt so 9 to me that I now very seriously question my E-type.

I relate very strongly to 7 and 9, due to my stupid levels of optimism and unstoppable love of fun I always went with 7 but the more that I look at it, and accept that the reason I couldn't see 9 so well is due to struggling with self-perception, the more it seems highly unlikely that I'm 7w8 over 9w8. I think 7 is my ideal.

My tritype def has 7w8 and 9w8 in it, followed by either 3w4 or 4w3, really haven't paid too much attention to the heart types cause it's just so not me.

I'll add some more stuff below and welcome any feedback novice or educated, seems this is going to turn into a "type me" thread comparing 7s and 9s!

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Maybe 1.

Maybe 4.

Maybe 7.

Maybe 9.
    The ones you said maybe to are interesting to me, esp that you included 9, 7 and 4 as all may be part of my tritype. What's your take based on knowing it's mine and having an understanding of how I handle conflict with the mod stuffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Best analysis: 9w1 > 4w5 > 5w4 sx/sp

And JCF wise, it seems like ENFP or INFP
    It's not unusual for people to see me as NFP when I post images, I like cutesy and emotive but as you know ENTP is clear as clear can get. Based on the knowledge that it's something I did, what's your take now?

Quote Originally Posted by Asterion View Post
    Not 9.
    Is the music thing the main reason you'd say not nine beyond the vibe of the images? To add further info on that image; I am a musician, bass player in particular, a bass clef on it's own, which is what means most to me, is not easily recognisable to everyone so that is why I needed one that included notes and/or a treble clef as well.

And after meeting me do you think 7 or 9 is more likely? I know you weren't convinced on the 7ness until I explained it away, but what would your take have been if I was claiming 9 at the time?

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Some random stuff from a list of 7 v 9 stuff.

How to Get Along with Me as a NINE

If you want me to do something, how you ask is important. I especially don't like expectations or pressure. – completely true.

I like to listen and to be of service, but don't take advantage of this. – also true.

Listen until I finish speaking, even though I meander a bit. – I don’t think I meander, but I’ve never really thought about it, I think I’m more direct and to the point than anything.

Give me time to finish things and make decisions. It's OK to nudge me gently and nonjudgmentally. – I can make quick decisions when needed, like at work, but in my personal life I prefer to keep things open, my mother often nudges me, with a sledge hammer and it is the most irritating thing someone can do to me, when it comes to my life I don’t care how noble your intentions are leave me space to make up my mind when I want!

Ask me questions to help me get clear. – Not sure I get this one, I need to bounce things off people to get clear.

Tell me when you like how I look. I'm not averse to flattery. – Indeed, I’m also very unperceptive about it so it helps.

Hug me, show physical affection. It opens me up to my feelings. – it depends on who you are, it can open me up to my feelings but sometimes those feelings are GETTHAFUKOFFMECREEP! sometimes. Other times I can feel loved.

I like a good discussion but not a confrontation. – Yes, just change like to love.

Let me know you like what I've done or said. – Again, I have no perception without feedback so this isn’t about ego building, it’s about awareness.

Laugh with me and share in my enjoyment of life. – Please.

How to Get Along with Me as a SEVEN

Give me companionship, affection, and freedom. – Freedom first, then companionship and affection.

Engage with me in stimulating conversation and laughter. – Please!

Appreciate my grand visions and listen to my stories. – I don’t really have stories, but don’t interrupt my grand visions!

Don't try to change my style. Accept me the way I am. – I don’t know that I really care about this one so much, of course I want to be accepted for who I am but I am open to changing my style.

Be responsible for yourself. I dislike clingy or needy people. – Oh gosh please.

Don't tell me what to do. – Depends on who you are, but for the most part I appreciate being asked not told.

What I Like About Being a NINE

Being nonjudgmental and accepting – Yes.

Caring for and being concerned about others – Well I like that I’m not a heartless arse, so kinda.

Being able to relax and have a good time – Yes.

Knowing that most people enjoy my company; I'm easy to be around – I think so.

My ability to see many different sides of an issue and to be a good mediator and facilitator – Yes, I dislike conflict and have always defaulted to the mediator role, I'm also pretty good at it as I pay attention to how the other person needs me to approach things.

My heightened awareness of sensations, aesthetics, and the here and now – Dunno, I can have that, or I can be totally oblivious, I am actually pretty good with appreciating the here and now tho.

Being able to go with the flow and feel one with the universe. – Going with the flow works, dunno about the universe thing, I have moments where that hits but for the most part I’m too busy going with the flow to notice.

What I Like About Being a SEVEN

Being optimistic and not letting life's troubles get me down – Amen.

Being spontaneous and free-spirited – I don’t see myself as spontaneous, I’m more impulsive, free-spirited? Meh.

Being outspoken and outrageous. It's part of the fun. – It is part of the fun but I don’t think I am very often. I do it for the fun when I do, but then I can kind of want to sink into the shadows.

Being generous and trying to make the world a better place – Generous yes, making the world a better place? Meh, only when it flows that way.

Having the guts to take risks and to try exciting adventures – Hell YEAH!

Having such varied interests and abilities – Sure.

What's Hard About Being a NINE

Being judged and misunderstood for being placid and/or indecisive – Don’t think I am.

Being critical of myself for lacking initiative and discipline – That part sucks.

Being too sensitive to criticism; taking every raised eyebrow and twitch of the mouth personally – I’m not sensitive per say, never have been, but I do read into things like that then back away and raise my defenses if I feel they are not receptive to whatever I’m selling. I keep my guard pretty high, when I do let it down I can be destroyed easily, but I get back up again pretty quick without scars.

Being confused about what I really want – Am I supposed to want something?

Caring too much about what others will think of me – I don’t think I do.

Not being listened to or taken seriously – Can’t say that bothers me too much.

What's hard about being a SEVEN

Not having enough time to do all the things I want – Don’t find that a problem.

Not completing things I start – Well yeah, that’s kinda annoying.

Not being able to profit from the benefits that come from specializing; not making a commitment to a career – Well I fell into my job but I have been focused in the past on promotion so have a career of sorts.

Having a tendency to be ungrounded; getting lost in plans or fantasies – I can get lost in plans but I don’t think I’m ungrounded, the best way to describe myself is to say that I can simultaneously have my feet on the ground and my head in the clouds.

Feeling confined when I'm in a one-to-one relationship – Yeah.

NINEs as Children Often

Feel ignored and that their wants, opinions, and feelings are unimportant – Youngest in a large family? Yeah maybe, dunno.

Tune out a lot, especially when others argue – Yes, very true, I spent 90% of my time growing up in my room in the dark trying to block out the world and live in my fantasies. If I was on my own I would take over the house but as soon as someone would come home I would run to my room, close the door and pretend that I was doing nothing or not even there so they couldn’t interact with me (out of mind out of sight was my theory) as I didn’t want reality and didn’t want to get in trouble, even though I wasn’t doing anything wrong I was fearful that I would be yelled at anyway.

Are "good" children: deny anger or keep it to themselves – Dunno, think my anger was always "quiet/seething" over explosive.

SEVENs as Children Often

Are action oriented and adventuresome – I enjoyed being outdoors and was in some ways fearless.

Drum up excitement – Not really.

Prefer being with other children to being alone – Neither here nor there.

Finesse their way around adults – Dunno, pretty sure friends parents always saw me as responsible and mature compared to other brats.

Dream of the freedom they'll have when they grow up – Dunno, dreams were more fantasy over reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    I relate very strongly to 7 and 9, due to my stupid levels of optimism and unstoppable love of fun I always went with 7 but the more that I look at it, and accept that the reason I couldn't see 9 so well is due to struggling with self-perception, the more it seems highly unlikely that I'm 7w8 over 9w8. I think 7 is my ideal.
    7 is the other one I was thinking it seemed like. I definitely see a lot of optimism and fun-loving in there, but for some reason it seemed more 9-ish to me. Have you looked at the misidentifications for 9 and 7?

Misidentifying Sevens and Nines

Sevens and Nines might seem difficult to confuse since average Sevens are the hyperactive extroverts of the Enneagram, while average Nines are obviously passive and complacent, and live at a much lower energy level than Sevens.

The main reason they can sometimes be confused is that both types can be extremely busy and both are usually rather ebullient and happy. Furthermore, the defense mechanisms of both types are similar: both have repressed their inner worlds—Nines to maintain their identification with an idealized other, Sevens to avoid cutting themselves off from sources of external stimulation.

The points of similarity are reflected in their psychic structures–the fact that both are sensation types in the Jungian model, Sevens corresponding to the extroverted and Nines to the introverted sensation type (PT, 193 and 250). While it is clear from even a superficial acquaintance with Sevens that they are highly extroverted and orient themselves to the world via sensation, what is unclear is that Nines are introverted. What is even more unclear is the nature of the sensation that they introvert on. This is why the inner world of Nines is so obscure and difficult to describe (and why others have not understood this type's proper correlation to the Jungian category).

A deeper understanding of the Nine's psyche comes from realizing that the Nine orients itself to the world by introverting on the "sensation" of possessing union with another–by introjecting another, and then idealizing that introjection. To put this in simpler terms, their sense of self comes from the emotion they feel when they sense their identification with another person, much as a pregnant woman introverts with thoughts of love for her unborn child. By talking to the child in her womb, she gains a sense of herself as a mother. In a similar way, Nines commune with their inner sensations (identifications), maintaining their sense of self by living through an identification with another person. Hence they correspond to the Jungian introverted sensation type.

This introversion accounts for the inner life of Nines, which is largely out of view, protected in the inner sanctum of their psyches so that it cannot be easily disturbed or changed. It is in their dealings with the outside world that Nines can resemble Sevens.

Average Sevens are hyperactive, busy with too many things superficially. They dabble around to amuse themselves and to stave off boredom and anxiety. Similarly, Nines are highly intolerant of anxiety, and they stay busy to avoid it, using errands and hobbies to occupy their minds in undemanding, non-threatening ways. They want to avoid conflict or over excitement; by contrast, Sevens love excitement. Sevens become demanding and excessive and crassly materialistic as they deteriorate, while Nines become more passive, indifferent, and unresponsive as they become more unhealthy. Sevens want to be stimulated, whereas Nines want to avoid anything that would overly stimulate, much less upset, them. The essential difference is that average Nines do not want to be emotionally involved in their activities (since these can threaten their identifications), whereas Sevens want to have an increasingly high emotional charge from their activities (since they have few subjective identifications).

Furthermore, Nines do not seek the same kind of happiness that Sevens do (euphoria and elation). Instead, they wish to maintain a state of placid contentment, of being neither too excited nor in discomfort. Indeed, if they could, they would be completely free of excessive stimulation of any kind. The Nine's desire to avoid becoming deeply involved with anything lest it arouse too high a response is the polar opposite of what we find in the average Seven. As we have seen, like all opposites, these two types can nevertheless be alike in many ways. Consider the differences between John F. Kennedy (a Seven) and Ronald Reagan (a Nine) or between Bette Midler (a Seven) and Ingrid Bergman (a Nine) for further insight into these two types.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    My tritype def has 7w8 and 9w8 in it, followed by either 3w4 or 4w3, really haven't paid too much attention to the heart types cause it's just so not me.
    Maybe 3w4 then. 3w4 is the type in the heart triad most out of touch with the heart.