User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type should I consider?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5, and work out your own wing

    0 0%
  • 5w4

    0 0%
  • 5w6

    0 0%
  • 6, and loyal like

    0 0%
  • 6w5

    0 0%
  • 6w7

    0 0%
  • 7, and bouncyflouncy like tigger

    4 25.00%
  • 7w6

    1 6.25%
  • 7w8

    1 6.25%
  • 8, and in control

    0 0%
  • 8w7

    1 6.25%
  • 8w9

    0 0%
  • 9, and surfing life

    3 18.75%
  • 9w8

    6 37.50%
  • 9w1

    1 6.25%
  • 10, you surpass enneagram

    3 18.75%
  • 1, 2, 3 or 4

    1 6.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 137

  1. #61
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    The thing I keep coming back to is this 'sense of self' business. I don't fully understand how people are supposed to have one and what it feels like. My sense of self seems to be images that I get through the eyes of someone else.

    I'm feeling more and more like I can act 7 but my core is 9.
    I don't see why you call that a 9 trait, it sounds far more like a 3.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  2. #62
    Diabolical Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    @PeaceBaby, I did a video, it is the best video you would ever see, but my computer ate it out of jealousy.

    This is the first half it that my computer let be as it was totally average, it got way better, you'll have to take my word for it. I mean it was epic.




    Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    You know what? I'm starting to believe that you'd learn more about yourself if you try on the E9 skin for awhile (it's quite warm and comfy!) and see where that takes you.

    I'm gonna vote 9w8. This is in part because I think you make a compelling if not definitive case for E9, partly because it’s clear that it resonates with you more than E7 right now, and partly because I think you'll learn more about yourself in the long term even if you do turn out to be E7. And since your goal is to learn more about yourself, I say run with it.

    So that's my final answer... at least until you create another thread in a few months asking about your enneagram type.
    I don't create new type me threads, I bump old ones so they seem more epic!

    I'm gonna take your advice on trying it on for a while, you're a wise superherodog. Either the parts that I don't relate to will show themselves to be blind spots, or they'll show themselves to be an indication that I'm not a 9, the best way to find out is to take it on board.

    Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Seeing ourselves at the core is always a challenge, and one that ENTPs in particular seem to struggle with. Remember Synarch and his masks – and how other ENTPs tended to agree with his metaphor? Is your struggling more consistent with ENTPness, E9ness, or both? I’m not sure.
    No, I didn't remember that, will have to post stalk his stuff to find that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    I do find it interesting how you tackled the E7 fears in your usual, breezy way, but with the E9 fears you became much less verbose. You also didn’t recognize the first two fears or the level 5 fear. There can be several reasons for that, but I do find it notable.
    They're too real and icky =/

    They're parts of myself that I knew, of course, but wouldn't acknowledge even to myself, let alone others, as then they become real and I become accountable. So I minimise and avoid, if someone raises the topic with me I feel trapped and annoyed so push them away and get grumpy with myself before quickly moving on to forgetting about them again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Here’s a theory for you to play with: You had a certain stasis at Level 5 for most of your life, with stressful situations causing a downward spiral that seems consistent with level 6 and below. At level 5, your chief defining fear is “Of any significant changes/ disruptions in their world”. Then, you embraced yourself, and did the personal growth required for you to accept and embrace significant change. This self-growth effectively pushed your stasis to level 4. That means your chief fear shifts from fear of change and becomes “Of conflicts (internal and external)”.

    If you are E9 and continue growing, then you will soon have to begin learning how to face conflicts, and as you do so you'll begin to recognize how underneath the conflicts, what really throws you off is how your inner world gets all scrambled. I have to admit, I don't fully understand the level 1 E9 fear either. I'm too far removed from it.

    Anyway, a lot of that is conjecture and filling in the blanks. Not sure how well that will fit, but it’s something for you to bounce off of your Ne. And yeah, I’m over thinking this, but isn’t that what I’m not getting paid to do?
    Inner conflict? Or conflict in general? Because I don't know how to recognise inner conflict, at most I recognise myself avoiding reality without good cause, and I don't have conflict with others as my automatic place to be is one of mediation, understanding the other pov and compromise.

    What's a healthy way to notice, and then confront conflict?


    Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    i have no real idea about enneagram, but i don't think you're a 5.

    Does that help?

    <---- tries her best.


    EDIT: Also, i pressed "7, and bouncyflouncy like tigger", because irl (MY FUCKING MAC KEEPS CHANGING IRL TO URL!!!) you ARE kinda bouncy flouncy like tigger. <3 <3 <3 <3
    Tigger is super cool! If I were cool enough to be a pooh character I would pay good money and/or do unspeakable things to bribe the person in charge to let me be Tigger. In part because he has a tail, and in part because he can bounce on it.

    Weird tho cause I don't see myself bouncyflouncy, I just have excited & engaged moments where I'm chasing the happy feelings.


    Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    7!
    I would rather be a 7! than a 9!

    Being a 9 makes me the same type as @MacGuffin


    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    I don't see why you call that a 9 trait, it sounds far more like a 3.
    I'm talking about stuff like this:

    "We have sometimes called the Nine the crown of the Enneagram because it is at the top of the symbol and because it seems to include the whole of it. Nines can have the strength of Eights, the sense of fun and adventure of Sevens, the dutifulness of Sixes, the intellectualism of Fives, the creativity of Fours, the attractiveness of Threes, the generosity of Twos, and the idealism of Ones. However, what they generally do not have is a sense of really inhabiting themselves—a strong sense of their own identity".

    I find it very confusing and difficult to articulate as I don't know how someone can not have a sense of their own identity... but at the same time when I try to understand mine I don't know what it is. As I cannot see how anyone else does or does not relate to this point I have no idea if my view is normal or different. I find it confounding. Everything that I am in regards to how I see myself is reflections of how others see me, I don't see myself as a chamilion; changing myself to my environment, I see myself as naturally taking on the environment that I'm in and being who the other person expects me to be without ever being inauthentic. I blend into things.

    How do you see it as a E3 trait and how do you interpreted what I'm getting at?

  3. #63
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post

    I'm talking about stuff like this:

    "We have sometimes called the Nine the crown of the Enneagram because it is at the top of the symbol and because it seems to include the whole of it. Nines can have the strength of Eights, the sense of fun and adventure of Sevens, the dutifulness of Sixes, the intellectualism of Fives, the creativity of Fours, the attractiveness of Threes, the generosity of Twos, and the idealism of Ones. However, what they generally do not have is a sense of really inhabiting themselves—a strong sense of their own identity".

    I find it very confusing and difficult to articulate as I don't know how someone can not have a sense of their own identity... but at the same time when I try to understand mine I don't know what it is. As I cannot see how anyone else does or does not relate to this point I have no idea if my view is normal or different. I find it confounding. Everything that I am in regards to how I see myself is reflections of how others see me, I don't see myself as a chamilion; changing myself to my environment, I see myself as naturally taking on the environment that I'm in and being who the other person expects me to be without ever being inauthentic. I blend into things.

    How do you see it as a E3 trait and how do you interpreted what I'm getting at?
    Type 9 acquires identity through another.
    Type 6 acquires identity through a group or ideology.
    But if you see yourself through the eyes of others in general then that is a 3 trait (whether or not you have or lack a sense of personal identity is another question).
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  4. #64
    Diabolical Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Type 9 acquires identity through another.
    Type 6 acquires identity through a group or ideology.
    But if you see yourself through the eyes of others in general then that is a 3 trait (whether or not you have or lack a sense of personal identity is another question).
    It's a new question that I haven't asked myself in the past tbh, so I'm not entirely sure where I fall. As a rule I have always sought or appreciated feedback from others to understand how I am percieved so I can know who I am. It's not how I fit into a group, I don't care about that, it's how individuals see me that I pay attention to, I've never been good with understanding group dynamics as I don't get why everyone doesn't just hold hands and get along. Barney is somewhat of a hero of mine "I love you, you love me, we're best friends as friends can be...." well except when he gets all huggy n crap.

  5. #65
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    It's a new question that I haven't asked myself in the past tbh, so I'm not entirely sure where I fall. As a rule I have always sought or appreciated feedback from others to understand how I am percieved so I can know who I am. It's not how I fit into a group, I don't care about that, it's how individuals see me that I pay attention to, I've never been good with understanding group dynamics as I don't get why everyone doesn't just hold hands and get along. Barney is somewhat of a hero of mine "I love you, you love me, we're best friends as friends can be...." well except when he gets all huggy n crap.
    I can definitely read some feeling in that. Except for the part where it might get all huggy n crap. A type 3 wants everybody to get along because it helps accomplish some task.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  6. #66
    Diabolical Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    I can definitely read some feeling in that. Except for the part where it might get all huggy n crap. A type 3 wants everybody to get along because it helps accomplish some task.
    I'm cool with hugging a dino, it's just that there would always be hug-seeking kids around, and they have sticky hands, eww, never know why they're sticky, just know you don't want to get it on you!

    I do dislike OT rambling when there is a task to be focused on, unless I'm the one OT-ing, I also dislike when I am expected to slow down so someone can explain things to me rather then diving in at rapid pace. But I want everyone to get along cause there's no reason not to, we're all different, if you don't appreciate someone's differences don't engage them and get on with your stuff... Actually the main reason I want everyone to get along is because it bothers me when they don't, I really do hate conflict. It's all about me

  7. #67

    Default

    At the end of your video you say that 9 are sensitive to criticism. I've never read that, I thought 9 are more sensitive to things that they feel damage their balance in some way. I can be sensitive to the delivery of criticism. Basically, someone's style can annoy me. Making me angry. I dislike things that anger me so I'll tend to try and find a way to deal with it. But the same criticism with a different style can go down no problem at all.

    I think 9 is a very strong gut type. At least that is how it plays out for me. But then, I relate to the Si function in Socionics and in mbti isxp descriptions strongly so that could play a part in how it plays out for me.

    To me it seems you are nine, or at least feel that you are and just need to take that final leap to decide.

  8. #68
    Diabolical Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    At the end of your video you say that 9 are sensitive to criticism. I've never read that, I thought 9 are more sensitive to things that they feel damage their balance in some way. I can be sensitive to the delivery of criticism. Basically, someone's style can annoy me. Making me angry. I dislike things that anger me so I'll tend to try and find a way to deal with it. But the same criticism with a different style can go down no problem at all.

    I think 9 is a very strong gut type. At least that is how it plays out for me. But then, I relate to the Si function in Socionics and in mbti isxp descriptions strongly so that could play a part in how it plays out for me.

    To me it seems you are nine, or at least feel that you are and just need to take that final leap to decide.
    9s are supposed to be sensitive but tbh I don't know how that is supposed to play out, criticism is simply the way I see most people react with sensitivity, it could simply be a matter of me not reading or understanding that point correctly. Be gentle, it's my first day of being a 9 *innocent eyes*

    9s are the gut type that can be really strong there, but also completely out of touch with it. There seems to be a wide range of variety with this type.

    Frankly I don't know if I am, or am not in touch with my gut, I know I am in touch with my head, and out of touch with heard but I'm a big bowl of "meh" when I try to figure out how in touch with my gut I am. Must read more on that.

  9. #69
    Senior Member wildflower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    318

    Default

    hmm, from your vid i got the sense that you are very in your head. i was also thinking before type 6 might be a possibility and i know someone else mentioned that too. are you sure you're not a 6? types 9 and 6 can look quite a bit alike at times. i definitely didn't get a 7 vibe from the vid for whatever that's worth. type 9 is known for a positive childhood relationship with both mom and dad. i believe type 6 is positive toward the father. ok, it is i just checked. type 6 descriptions are hard to understand because the phobic and counterphobic types can come across quite differently imo. also, i don't think anyone identifies with everything in any type description. people are thankfully much more dynamic than a written description of any sort. oh yeah, the bass player i dated briefly was a 6 so you must also be a 6 being a bass player.

  10. #70
    Diabolical Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    Lol, you're adorable

    I keep getting told to look at 6 left, right and centre so I will, again, but I've always struggled with it and if I could score -ve on E-tests 6 and 1 would both be there. Maybe a 6 can tell me what it's like being them?

Similar Threads

  1. New and confused! Can you type me?
    By rosescarlet in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-07-2017, 09:02 AM
  2. [Enneagram] The Wisdom of the Enneagram (Riso and Hudson)
    By highlander in forum Typology and Psychology Book Reviews
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-18-2014, 09:11 AM
  3. Newbie to typing and eager for input! Type me?
    By lace in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-20-2012, 10:20 PM
  4. enneagram mbti and thoughts on compatability
    By briochick in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-06-2010, 10:12 PM
  5. And Here Come The Butterflies...
    By Chopsifer in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-17-2008, 06:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO