User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type should I consider?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5, and work out your own wing

0 0%
  • 5w4

0 0%
  • 5w6

0 0%
  • 6, and loyal like

0 0%
  • 6w5

0 0%
  • 6w7

0 0%
  • 7, and bouncyflouncy like tigger

4 25.00%
  • 7w6

1 6.25%
  • 7w8

1 6.25%
  • 8, and in control

0 0%
  • 8w7

1 6.25%
  • 8w9

0 0%
  • 9, and surfing life

3 18.75%
  • 9w8

6 37.50%
  • 9w1

1 6.25%
  • 10, you surpass enneagram

3 18.75%
  • 1, 2, 3 or 4

1 6.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 45678 Last

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

An interesting watch. How I react at a party as per the descriptions in the video:

1 - 4 are not relatable.
    5 & 6 I can identify with a bit.
    7 & 8 not at all.
    9 TOTALLY! The whole 'you think I'm engaged even if I'm somewhere else entirely' is soooo true.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Is having 9 in your tritype sufficient explanation? You don't vibe 9 first and foremost to me - I thought 793 worked for you?
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Is having 9 in your tritype sufficient explanation? You don't vibe 9 first and foremost to me - I thought 793 worked for you?
    I find tritype theory interesting n all but not a substitute for identifying your primary type. I understand that I fit people's expectations of an E7 around here but the deeper I look the less real that seems to me, I'm not happy with being wrong on this as it means there are blind spots and I want to be self aware, many blind spots have surfaced in the past few days already. I believe, nay know, I am very good with presenting the image I believe will allow me to fit in best, who doesn't love an upbeat 7?!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

@Kasper: do you have a vid online I can watch?
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    I find tritype theory interesting n all but not a substitute for identifying your primary type. I understand that I fit people's expectations of an E7 around here but the deeper I look the less real that seems to me, I'm not happy with being wrong on this as it means there are blind spots and I want to be self aware, many blind spots have surfaced in the past few days already. I believe, nay know, I am very good with presenting the image I believe will allow me to fit in best, who doesn't love an upbeat 7?!
    You momentarily look like a type 3w2 there , but you are not type 7, I see. I have a strong 7 wing and identify no actual 7 in you. Type 9!
    I don't see any invisible treasure chests.

• MBTI? ISTJ
    • Enneagram? 6 with a strong 7 wing
    • Brony? Yes
    • Stereotypes?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

who doesn't love an upbeat 7?!
    9s

:P

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    @Kasper: do you have a vid online I can watch?
    Are we forum friends? If so I have some in the formal blog section, I try to do one for typing purposes but.

Quote Originally Posted by Owfin View Post
    You momentarily look like a type 3w2 there , but you are not type 7, I see. I have a strong 7 wing and identify no actual 7 in you. Type 9!
    This is what happens when you cross the wisdom of the owl and the dolphin!

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    9s

:P
    You lie! Filthy clown!!

I take this as a sign that you don't see me as a 7! =p

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

The thing I keep coming back to is this 'sense of self' business. I don't fully understand how people are supposed to have one and what it feels like. My sense of self seems to be images that I get through the eyes of someone else.

I'm feeling more and more like I can act 7 but my core is 9.
    You know what? I'm starting to believe that you'd learn more about yourself if you try on the E9 skin for awhile (it's quite warm and comfy!) and see where that takes you.

I'm gonna vote 9w8. This is in part because I think you make a compelling if not definitive case for E9, partly because it’s clear that it resonates with you more than E7 right now, and partly because I think you'll learn more about yourself in the long term even if you do turn out to be E7. And since your goal is to learn more about yourself, I say run with it.

So that's my final answer... at least until you create another thread in a few months asking about your enneagram type.

I don't fully know. Much of it sounds true but I'm not too sure, maybe I'm tired but I'm struggling to see how I am at my core. I believe the bolded parts ring true.
    Seeing ourselves at the core is always a challenge, and one that ENTPs in particular seem to struggle with. Remember Synarch and his masks – and how other ENTPs tended to agree with his metaphor? Is your struggling more consistent with ENTPness, E9ness, or both? I’m not sure.

I do find it interesting how you tackled the E7 fears in your usual, breezy way, but with the E9 fears you became much less verbose. You also didn’t recognize the first two fears or the level 5 fear. There can be several reasons for that, but I do find it notable.

Here’s a theory for you to play with: You had a certain stasis at Level 5 for most of your life, with stressful situations causing a downward spiral that seems consistent with level 6 and below. At level 5, your chief defining fear is “Of any significant changes/ disruptions in their world”. Then, you embraced yourself, and did the personal growth required for you to accept and embrace significant change. This self-growth effectively pushed your stasis to level 4. That means your chief fear shifts from fear of change and becomes “Of conflicts (internal and external)”.

If you are E9 and continue growing, then you will soon have to begin learning how to face conflicts, and as you do so you'll begin to recognize how underneath the conflicts, what really throws you off is how your inner world gets all scrambled. I have to admit, I don't fully understand the level 1 E9 fear either. I'm too far removed from it.

Anyway, a lot of that is conjecture and filling in the blanks. Not sure how well that will fit, but it’s something for you to bounce off of your Ne. And yeah, I’m over thinking this, but isn’t that what I’m not getting paid to do?

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

i have no real idea about enneagram, but i don't think you're a 5.

Does that help?

<---- tries her best.

EDIT: Also, i pressed "7, and bouncyflouncy like tigger", because irl (MY FUCKING MAC KEEPS CHANGING IRL TO URL!!!) you ARE kinda bouncy flouncy like tigger. <3 <3 <3 <3

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

figsfiggyfigs

7!