User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type should I consider?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5, and work out your own wing

0 0%
  • 5w4

0 0%
  • 5w6

0 0%
  • 6, and loyal like

0 0%
  • 6w5

0 0%
  • 6w7

0 0%
  • 7, and bouncyflouncy like tigger

4 25.00%
  • 7w6

1 6.25%
  • 7w8

1 6.25%
  • 8, and in control

0 0%
  • 8w7

1 6.25%
  • 8w9

0 0%
  • 9, and surfing life

3 18.75%
  • 9w8

6 37.50%
  • 9w1

1 6.25%
  • 10, you surpass enneagram

3 18.75%
  • 1, 2, 3 or 4

1 6.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 23456 Last

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Righto, help me!

This is a list of the E9/E7 stuff that I feel does and does not fit, whaddya recon?

My issues with 7/Support of 9:

- I don't fear boredom, maybe in part because my mind can always entertain me but also partly because I don't need to be doing anything I'm happy to sit there and ponder things.
    - I am not high-energy, I'm actually decidedly low energy.
    - Anger is the one thing in other people that I withdraw from faster than anything as I seriously cannot handle it, if you show me anger I will never trust you again.
    - I consider myself more ballsy than assertive, although I can be when I need to be.
    - I am highly introspective and have always lived in my head.
    - I do not have a strong sense of self as separate from others.
    - I tend to go with the flow rather than create my own path against resistance.
    - I don't really have goals, and can't generally be fussed with setting any, every once in a while I'll try to set some but it is short-lived.
    - I avoid confrontation. I hate confrontation. It's the reason I stopped modding elsewhere and I cringe if there are disagreements here.
    - I am usually quiet, I listen more than I talk, but I do have my excited moments.
    - I am used to being on my own, and am comfortable there.
    - I have faith that all things will work out.
    - I don't like to draw attention - but I can handle it fine.
    - I do not use force to assert myself.
    - The statement "a lot of my excitement goes on in my imagination" is very much true.
    - I don't feel as though anxiety is an issue for me.
    - I seek to remain neutral in conflict. I'm very active in this pursuit much of the time!
    - I can idealise others.
    - Burying ones head in the sand is a past time for me.
    - While people can see my ENTP need to debate as argumentative I will never raise my voice and take a conversation personal, which is my definition of an argument. I have never argued with a romantic partner, ever.
    - I think I'm softer 'round the edges than the average ENTP. As much as I enjoy devils advocating I could never be a troll.

My issues with 9/Support of 7:

- I enjoy high emotions and elation.
    - I see myself more as a head type than gut type - but then 9s are often out of harmony with their gutness.
    - I am highly impulsive.
    - I play fun and work hard, generally in that order.
    - When I am motivated by something I will get it hell or high water (unless I'm distracted by something shinier).
    - Short attention span; I has them.
    - I am comfortable taking the lead when I feel competent and no one else is. I sought out a management position.
    - I can be quite competitive.
    - I do not believe I am seen as too accommodating, even if I am.
    - I love stimulation, adventure, excitement and variety.
    - I can be assertive - but then I am a w8.
    - I resist commitment and stability, in favour of keeping options open and wanting change.
    - I'm all for instant gratification.
    - I do not deny myself what I want. Get an idea in my head: need it instantly.
    - I'm a quick thinker.
    - I'm aware of, and comfortable owning my strengths, and I can also downplay my weaknesses, although I will still own them.
    - I do not equate self-assertion with aggression, I see the former as very positive.
    - Sp/So E9s can be seen as the least assertive of all the enneagram types, I'm not.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I think you could be a 6. Have you considered that type? Actively seeking security could look quite like a 7 actively securing their needs. One does it out of fear of not having support, the other to avoid the feeling of being deprived.

You do say that you aren't an anxious type, but I can only see you as being an anxious/head type. I can't see you as a 9, like I said before, you're too assertive, I really don't think it fits.
    5 3 9

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Asterion View Post
    I think you could be a 6. Have you considered that type? Actively seeking security could look quite like a 7 actively securing their needs. One does it out of fear of not having support, the other to avoid the feeling of being deprived.

You do say that you aren't an anxious type, but I can only see you as being an anxious/head type. I can't see you as a 9, like I said before, you're too assertive, I really don't think it fits.
    I don't seek security, I'd rather take risks and win big as even if I lose I have eternal faith that it will all work out. I'll read up more on 6 but it's one of the two types that I have really struggled to identify with.

Why do you see me as a head type? I mean I feel I am too as I am future orientated, but I'm curious as to why you think that if you can articulate it.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    I don't seek security, I'd rather take risks and win big as even if I lose I have eternal faith that it will all work out. I'll read up more on 6 but it's one of the two types that I have really struggled to identify with.

Why do you see me as a head type? I mean I feel I am too as I am future orientated, but I'm curious as to why you think that if you can articulate it.
    I had originally written an explanation, but retracted it for some reason, I was probably not happy with it, . By elimination:

1 - no
    2 - no
    3 - no
    4 - no
    5 - ?
    6 - ?
    7 - ?
    8 - no
    9 - no

Those three stand out to me as potential fits for you. All happen to be head types, I can't see you as any other, it doesn't match up. You don't seem like a security seeker to me either. I was thinking you might be a 5 though, it's highly likely, have you seen the polls on this forum? It almost looked like 4 in 5 were 5s, most likely so because the internet fits them like a glove. It should be easy to eliminate five and 9 in one go for you. When at your worst (eg. Depressed, stressed etc.), do you go gather more and more stuff?

My brother is a 7 and just keeps wanting more when under stress, he wants a new TV, an Iphone, every game he sees, a new mouse, new bed, new furniture, more food. I tell him to stop and think, "do you need it? You're getting ripped off, why don't you actually think about it?". He really drives me up the wall, often trying to manipulate me to try to get what he 'needs'.

My mother, a 9 will fully withdraw. She stopped doing anything, and eventually fell apart, in the same way that I did once, I think it's similar for all withdrawing types (459), there are slight differences as far as I can tell.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Righto, help me!

This is a list of the E9/E7 stuff that I feel does and does not fit, whaddya recon?
    I think you are actually a w6. 7w6.
    Interesting quote from a 7w6 vs 7w8 thread:
    6/6wing: accept...acceptable to society...being accepted by others others...acceptance as a theme...acceptable means being "good" and "reasonable"...more concerned about belonging...being presentable...being relatable...lack of a "dark side"/true badassness
    http://63.246.1.31/forum/topic.asp?T...17&whichpage=1
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I relate (and score) in the following order:
    9/7 <- me
    5/8
    3/4
    [slight gap]
    [sizable gap]
    1 <- anti me

I'm definitely a w8 weather I'm a 7 or a 9.

I automatically trust people,
    "I tend to tone it down in person so as to not draw attention, I have to trust you a lot to let the random loose"

I'm not okay with vulnerability is all so if it's something a little bit raw then I will withhold, not because I don't trust the other person, or even cause I care if it's repeated to others but because I need to keep it to myself until I reconcile with it. I'm not okay with emotional vulnerability[....] I do withdraw when stressed.
    Withdrawing is a type 8 stressing at 5.

7w8: "Persons of this subtype are aggressive in two ways: in the demands they make on the environment [7] and in the strength of their egos to enforce those demands [8]. No one frustrates people of this subtype without hearing about it."
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Asterion View Post
    Those three stand out to me as potential fits for you. All happen to be head types, I can't see you as any other, it doesn't match up. You don't seem like a security seeker to me either. I was thinking you might be a 5 though, it's highly likely, have you seen the polls on this forum? It almost looked like 4 in 5 were 5s, most likely so because the internet fits them like a glove. It should be easy to eliminate five and 9 in one go for you. When at your worst (eg. Depressed, stressed etc.), do you go gather more and more stuff?

My brother is a 7 and just keeps wanting more when under stress, he wants a new TV, an Iphone, every game he sees, a new mouse, new bed, new furniture, more food. I tell him to stop and think, "do you need it? You're getting ripped off, why don't you actually think about it?". He really drives me up the wall, often trying to manipulate me to try to get what he 'needs'.

My mother, a 9 will fully withdraw. She stopped doing anything, and eventually fell apart, in the same way that I did once, I think it's similar for all withdrawing types (459), there are slight differences as far as I can tell.
    Both in a way, at my worst I go to my room, block out the world and do nothing that involves leaving there unless I have to (ie work). At my worst I won't even get food delivered unless I can order it online as I do not want to talk to anyone. In that space I don't care about getting new things, I only care about having things around me that will distract me from reality (ie movies/internet). I sleep, I do things that distract me and I occasionally eat or drink.

At the same time I frequently buy things that I want without limiting myself by reality such as 'can I afford it' or 'are there other things I should be spending money on first', but I do that even if I'm not stressed.

If my stress is specifically about money I will not spend, but I also will not check my bank balance, it's totally stupid cause knowledge is key, but rather than facing reality I choose instead to metaphorically cover my eyes so I can't see something and believe that means it can't see me. It's not happening.

This stuff however, is stuff that I would not normally reveal. I'm embarrassed about this side of me so I minimise that as well.

I did start out thinking I may be 5 back when I was unsure of my MBTI type, I figured the reason I scored so high on 7 (and 8) was because that was my E-type under stress (growth), but I'm simply not internal in the 5 intellectual way, I'm an over thinker as opposed to a deep thinker. I don't stay on one thing long enough to go deep, I skim things and go for breadth instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    I think you are actually a w6. 7w6.
    Interesting quote from a 7w6 vs 7w8 thread:

http://63.246.1.31/forum/topic.asp?T...17&whichpage=1
    I don't really care about acceptance, I've never been bothered if people don't like me, although to be honest I rarely know if people like me unless told, same goes for not liking me. I am happy being individual even though I don't seek to stand out. I would rather go against the grain in order to be true to myself then fit other people's expectations. It's more a matter of I want harmony around me, both in my relationship with others, and in their relationships with each other. So I tend not to make waves unless it's what I have to do in order to be true to myself, but even then I will minimise them as much as I possibly can.

I never disregard anything, and I will look deeper on it but I struggle to see w6 as an option.

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    "I tend to tone it down in person so as to not draw attention, I have to trust you a lot to let the random loose"
    Those bits sounds contradictory don't they

To explain: I trust that people have good intentions, I do not presume the worst in anyone unless they give me reason.

I do not however trust many people to let my walls down as I'm not okay with showing raw emotion, I am not okay with not being in control. Even when drunk off my ass I'm the person that others will approach to ask me if I ever get drunk as they've never seen me drunk, I do not lose control. I'm always me but I don't really know how to let my guard down, part of that is that I am a very open person with most things and if something is being kept behind my wall it's something that I probably don't want to face myself.

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Withdrawing is a type 8 stressing at 5.

7w8: "Persons of this subtype are aggressive in two ways: in the demands they make on the environment [7] and in the strength of their egos to enforce those demands [8]. No one frustrates people of this subtype without hearing about it."
    Well to make that point murkier: If you frustrate me you will probably never hear about it, I'll swallow it and move on to happier thoughts. I'll also see my frustration as my issue, not yours so feel I have no right to push that on you.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A

Well to make that point murkier: If you frustrate me you will probably never hear about it, I'll swallow it and move on to happier thoughts. I'll also see my frustration as my issue, not yours so feel I have no right to push that on you.
    Moving on to happier thoughts? Sounds like a 7 to me.
    I don't see any invisible treasure chests.

• MBTI? ISTJ
    • Enneagram? 6 with a strong 7 wing
    • Brony? Yes
    • Stereotypes?

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

7: self-absorbed and focused on their own agenda for pleasure and pleasant project above all, are afraid that people prevent him to take his own decisions.

9: merge with other people needs and diffuse his awareness in substitute actions and pleasure, is afraid to act on his own on a focused action.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

I think my friend is a 7(probably w6) and is more like Tigger. I had trouble figuring out my enneagram but I believe its 9w8. We are both 'laid-back' but he has more outward effervescent type of energy while I joke that mine is stored. He is more bouncy while I am more like a bear. I'm more than content to eat and scrounge for berries until you threaten my cubs (friends or loved ones). It is an oversimplification, but I think the description works.

When relating to the opposite sex he enjoys the company of women who take care of him and meet his needs. He is good at getting people to take care of him.

I relate to the part about 9s meandering when speaking, I can be pretty spacey and absentminded and sometimes I even forget what I was saying mid-sentence. I can't tell you your type but I hope this helps you compare a bit more. I think you are a 7 (of some sort) who was just withdrew for w/e reason as a child.