User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type should I consider?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5, and work out your own wing

0 0%
  • 5w4

0 0%
  • 5w6

0 0%
  • 6, and loyal like

0 0%
  • 6w5

0 0%
  • 6w7

0 0%
  • 7, and bouncyflouncy like tigger

4 25.00%
  • 7w6

1 6.25%
  • 7w8

1 6.25%
  • 8, and in control

0 0%
  • 8w7

1 6.25%
  • 8w9

0 0%
  • 9, and surfing life

3 18.75%
  • 9w8

6 37.50%
  • 9w1

1 6.25%
  • 10, you surpass enneagram

3 18.75%
  • 1, 2, 3 or 4

1 6.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 1234513 Last

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Noon View Post
    I'm guessing 7 because of these:

7s are a part of the head triad (detachment) and even though they are considered clasically extraverted, they are Idealists who are not focused on reality as it is. 9s are Positive Outlookers like 7s, but they don't view the world in terms of potentially emotionally fulfilling possibilities that need to be manifested (chased after, whether literally or metaphorically); they simply reframe it into a place where negativity is minimized, and they are unperturbed. 7s are also part of the "aggressive" grouping (3, 7, 8) who identify with their own desires and directly pursue them. Whether or not the 7 is a true extrovert or not, they still have an essentially active way of seeing the world as opposed to the 9's very passive one.
    No one has ever confused me for an Extrovert; of course life experience led me to a very withdrawn and internal place which may not have occurred naturally otherwise. I don't relate to the term "aggressive", replacing it with "embracing" as per the below link I can work with though. The re-framing to minimise negativity is more true for me than chasing desires, but I do embrace positivity when it comes my way.

Quote Originally Posted by Noon View Post

7s appear to be moving towards people but their focus is really leaning away from them.
    9s appear to be moving away from people (withdrawing) but their focus is really leaning towards them ("merging").

(http://www.9types.com/writeup/Theory20.htm)
    I very much struggle to see myself and how I would fit into that, toward on the surface and away underneath sounds more accurate but I don't feel very aware about that aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Copied from http://www.personalitynation.com/enn...rchetypes.html

Not sure if it is right at all but thought it might be worth looking at.
    Based on that I do think 793 combo is still correct, not the 794.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    9s are more stable and linear(on the outside) than this.
    How do you mean?

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Looking at the parenting v child Enneagram:

Active: demanding, assertive, bossy, outspoken, intimidating, egocentric, expressive, willful.
    Responsive: supportive, responsive, engaging, affectionate, friendly, sympathetic, cooperative.
    Neutral: avoidant, withdrawn, indifferent, apathetic, absent, reserved, ignoring, neglectful.

Active child vs. Responsive parent: This scenario is thought to produce Enneagram type 7

The demands and concerns of the Active child are usually received with benevolence and a supportive, encouraging attitude. This creates a tolerant environment in which the child can express himself openly and receive attention without much effort from his part. The Active child becomes self-confident, carefree and expects his interactions to be positive and favorable to his needs. The Responsive parent is sympathetic and loving, thus stimulating the child's playful, self-expressive side and giving him a good deal of personal freedom.

This childhood scenario promotes a cheerful, optimistic type who knows how to charm and manipulate others into easily getting his way. Entertaining and expressive, such a child may later expect instant gratification for all his needs and desires and avoid investing time and effort into long-term goals.

Neutral child vs. Active parent: This scenario is thought to produce Enneagram type 9

The Neutral child is often overwhelmed and frightened by the controlling, domineering Active parent. Lacking self-assertion skills, he prefers to withdraw and stay out of the way, minimizing his own needs and avoiding the parent as much as possible. On the few occasions the child reaches out to the caretaker, he ends up feeling rejected and bullied around for no apparent reason, which causes him to withdraw again. The loneliness, however, also feels like rejection and soon enough the youngster will be ambivalent towards both being alone and being with others.

Most of the time, a compromise will be made. This type will seek out company but will not invest themselves in it, preferring to keep in the background and go with the flow, partly removed from their actual situation. When alone, they will avoid introspection, which will bring about old feelings of depression and rejection, instead they'd rather numb themselves out with food, TV or other unimportant routines to avoid emotional pain.
    Don't know if this holds much weight or not but the scenario described to produce E9 is pretty indicative of my relationship with my mum growing up. I can see my mum as responsive, but even she agrees that I did not get that kind of interaction with her as the marriage was getting worse and worse as I was growing up, she was def active in my mind. I did feel dominated and I did withdraw, literally physically withdrew. I never really cared if I was on my own or with others. When alone I would numb myself with mindless things.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    How do you mean?
    They're not as random and impulsive as 7s can be, since they get schizoidish at unhealthy levels, while 7s get bipolarish. They are more grounded and realistic, but usually more boring and less imaginative.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    They're not as random and impulsive as 7s can be, since they get schizoidish at unhealthy levels, while 7s get bipolarish. They are more grounded and realistic, but usually more boring and less imaginative.
    Ah kay.

I am random, I am a Ne dom, but I tend to tone it down in person so as to not draw attention, I have to trust you a lot to let the random loose, and I am impulsive in an avoidant way, I chase good feelings.

When I was in depression I did not have high highs, I was still able to be happy n stuff but schizoid would fit better over bipolar as a descriptive view on how I presented then. I withdrew and shut out the world.

Now I can prolly relate better to bipolar as a descriptive view as I have more highs than lows so am generally up.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Damn. 1 @ activity level in Big-5 E?

I get 99 XD
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Damn. 1 @ activity level in Big-5 E?

I get 99 XD
    Tell me about it!! It's the one way that I am not extroverted. To have fun I prefer to be out and about but I'm rather passive about it, with someone who encourages my incorrigibility I can get active but left to my own accord I'm pretty meh.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Ah kay.

I am random, I am a Ne dom, but I tend to tone it down in person so as to not draw attention, I have to trust you a lot to let the random loose, and I am impulsive in an avoidant way, I chase good feelings.

When I was in depression I did not have high highs, I was still able to be happy n stuff but schizoid would fit better over bipolar as a descriptive view on how I presented then. I withdrew and shut out the world.

Now I can prolly relate better to bipolar as a descriptive view as I have more highs than lows so am generally up.
    It's revealing that Riso correlates the type 7 with Se, but his type description sounds like Ne ("possibilities"). What he calls Te correlates better with 8 than with 1.

The only real question here is your wing-type. Since you are concerned with self-presentation, until you trust someone anyway, then that indicates a 6-wing, "The Entertainer."

Whilst 5 is your type's direction of integration, the types will draw from the characteristics and energies on either side of their direction of integration or disintegration.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

you sound like a 9 to me, especially being a bass player. the two 7 musicians i know are drummers. 7s are typically very high energy and when stressed get rather manic. 9s are more chill and go with the flow. they withdraw when stressed.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    The only real question here is your wing-type. Since you are concerned with self-presentation, until you trust someone anyway, then that indicates a 6-wing, "The Entertainer."
    I relate (and score) in the following order:
    9/7 <- me
    5/8
    3/4
    [slight gap]
    [sizable gap]
    1 <- anti me

I'm definitely a w8 weather I'm a 7 or a 9.

I automatically trust people, I'm not okay with vulnerability is all so if it's something a little bit raw then I will withhold, not because I don't trust the other person, or even cause I care if it's repeated to others but because I need to keep it to myself until I reconcile with it. I'm not okay with emotional vulnerability.

Quote Originally Posted by wildflower View Post
    you sound like a 9 to me, especially being a bass player. the two 7 musicians i know are drummers. 7s are typically very high energy and when stressed get rather manic. 9s are more chill and go with the flow. they withdraw when stressed.
    Sounds scientific The high energy part is the main reason I'm getting more and more uncomfortable with typing as 7w8 though, I'm just not. I do withdraw when stressed.

Sounds scientific The high energy part is the main reason I'm getting more and more uncomfortable with typing as 7w8 though, I'm just not. I do withdraw when stressed.
    what can i say i dated a few musicians back in the day. bass players are super chill. drummers bounce off the walls. both can be optimistic and fun though.