User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type should I consider?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5, and work out your own wing

0 0%
  • 5w4

0 0%
  • 5w6

0 0%
  • 6, and loyal like

0 0%
  • 6w5

0 0%
  • 6w7

0 0%
  • 7, and bouncyflouncy like tigger

4 25.00%
  • 7w6

1 6.25%
  • 7w8

1 6.25%
  • 8, and in control

0 0%
  • 8w7

1 6.25%
  • 8w9

0 0%
  • 9, and surfing life

3 18.75%
  • 9w8

6 37.50%
  • 9w1

1 6.25%
  • 10, you surpass enneagram

3 18.75%
  • 1, 2, 3 or 4

1 6.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 21011121314 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    Righto, help me!

- Sp/So E9s can be seen as the least assertive of all the enneagram types, I'm not.
    Looking at this present info, and your assertion of being w8, I have to go with 9w8. It doesn't completely fit. And when you say "I can [emphasis on CAN] be quite competitive," it's really not relevant to how you are ALL or MOST of the time, which is what matters in determining the main e-type.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I'm beginning to see that there are about 4 of these 9w8 types on this forum, and they have key characteristics in common. The main characteristic has to do with the fact that the 9w8 is the most conflicted type on the Enneagram. As a result, I see more fluctuations in their responses to the forum, not only in their posts but in the e-type or mbti type they report as. I'm not saying this personality type itself is in flux (maybe it is?), but the individual's self-awareness is dependent upon circumstances. And the various responses I get back are slippery as hell.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Seems my body has no neck connection!

How can you be so sure? Your conviction is throwing my need to keep things open! I'm trying to think back to what it was that gave me certainty with my MB type cause I was very unconvinced initially, time and trying it on I guess. Problem is I've done that with 7, and I cannot see myself as 5 or 6 =/

Good question, my immediate reaction is iunno

I don't dwell on what I'm going to do, the longer in advance an event is known the less likely I'll want to go, if I want it I want it now, if I can't have it now I lose interest and forget about it. It's more about "what ifs", to be honest though I mostly think about things that have no basis in reality so there's no need to do anything with them, t'would be fair to call me a dreamer.
    All you need is to watch yourself more, learn to understand what you have control of, and reactions within yourself that arise subconciously. Eventually things will start to fall into place. I really think the best thing about the enneagram is that it provokes you to think about how your mind works and to work out what drives you. Understanding yourself can take a long time, don't expect it to happen overnight... oh, and it never ends either, you're always going to react differently to new situations. Life is full of surprises.
    5 3 9

Have you decided on your type yet?

I think you are probably 9w8. Let me explain how I came to this... you are entp, that is pretty much for certain, so let's use it as a base. If you were 7 and entp you'd expect a more frenetic sort of personality but you aren't. You are more laid back, therefore 9.

There is more to it but this is the crux of it. I am drunk and it is late so that is all I can be bothered typing right now.

Hurry up and decide on your dumb type already. : )

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Oh wow, you want me to go into the dark light *fear* It sounds so anti-instinctual that this will take considerable effort and time to firstly recognise the avoidance and then try to figure out the underlying issue, sounds scary fun, scary cause like eww at going there, fun because it'll be a new experience although at the time I'm sure I won't see it that way.

Ohh, on that note, do you think tense-ness could be a sign of withholding anger (or other emotions).
    It's tough... yet when you figure out one of those subconscious blocks it's such an amazing feeling. Things that never made any sense click into place, and there's a lot of power that comes from self-awareness.

And yes, tenseness is a sign that something is going on. I usually relate it to fear and nervousness, but I suspect fear and anger are closely linked in the E9.

Oh there's definitely no logical reason that supports my avoidance, and sound logical reasons to deal with things. I know this, and I consider myself smart enough not to constantly fall back into avoiding things that will make life harder... but I do. Again and again. And so I get angry at myself for it, but then I think happy thoughts and go back to avoiding both the initial issue, and now also the stupidity of avoidance.
    Hehe, I could have easily wrote that.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    I suspect fear and anger are closely linked in the E9.
    Not for me, they are quite separate.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A

And yes, tenseness is a sign that something is going on. I usually relate it to fear and nervousness, but I suspect fear and anger are closely linked in the E9.
    I feel tense when I am angry and fearful... more like despairing, really. I usually am only angry when I am feeling desperate, anyways.
    I don't see any invisible treasure chests.

• MBTI? ISTJ
    • Enneagram? 6 with a strong 7 wing
    • Brony? Yes
    • Stereotypes?

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Not for me, they are quite separate.
    Do you know what level you identify with?

(I'm wondering if my suspicion applies more to certain levels.)

Quote Originally Posted by Owfin View Post
    I feel tense when I am angry and fearful... more like despairing, really. I usually am only angry when I am feeling desperate, anyways.
    Yeah, perceived powerlessness tends to bring out both emotions within me, which usually shows up as tenseness followed by avoidance.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Do you know what level you identify with?

(I'm wondering if my suspicion applies more to certain levels.)
    Going by this: http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/typenine.asp I identify with basically everything between level 2 and 7. Though I do see the word "fear" in level 4, I don't think of that emotion as fear but annoyance/uneasiness.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Going by this: http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/typenine.asp I identify with basically everything between level 2 and 7. Though I do see the word "fear" in level 4, I don't think of that emotion as fear but annoyance/uneasiness.
    Well, I'm a pretty solid Level 4 (with bits of 3), so that might explain it. My suspicion may only apply to level 4 or thereabouts.

Still, annoyance seems like a dulled version of anger, and uneasiness a dulled version of fear. Do you find annoyance / uneasiness to be quite separate? Not as in similar, but rather, does experiencing one tend to be connected to experiencing the other?