• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ISTJ or ISFP??? I'm so confused

ScarletRose

MBTI Type
ISxx
Enneagram
4w5
So the title should be something along the lines of ISTJ, ISFJ, or ISFP, I accidentally left out ISFJ (as now I'm seeing that it's a likely candidate lol).

Ok, so I've been working on finding my type for roughly a year (ok more like half a year, but who cares? lol) and I've only come to the conclusion that I'm an ISXX of some type. I know for certain I'm introverted (no doubt in that lol) and I'm sure I'm more Sensor than Intuitive. What i'm having problems with is determining what I'm more of on the other two. Am I more Feeler or more Thinking? Am I more Perceiver than Judger? As much as I research these, I'm still confused about them and don't know which one fits me more than the other.

For Judger and Perceiver, I'm somewhat leaning more towards Perceiver for various reasons, including the fact that any time I try to keep, or even make a schedule, I never follow it, which it seems Judgers are known to actually be good at, unlike I am.

Thinking and Feeling really confuse me, and I'm not sure I really know what those two are.

So I'm hoping you all can help me clarify and then determine which fits who I am the best.

I encourage you to ask me questions freely, especially if you think they're going to help me.

I would really appreciate the help :D

Best to all,

ScarletRose

Turquoise Bones

MBTI Type
INFP
[MENTION=14923]ScarletRose[/MENTION]

Hi. :)

Firstly, nobody can get an idea about what type you are from this post, because you haven't really said anything about yourself. :) Have you thought about filling out a questionnaire?

Also, I think you have a bit of a misunderstanding about Personality Types - ALL the types feel and think, perceive and judge, etc. The question is which cognitive functions are you using (Fe or Fi, Te or Ti, etc) the most? I think this quiz should point you in the right direction:
http://www.keys2cognition.com/explore.htm

Make sure you answer them as you actually are in real life or it will screw up your results lol. Also, it's useful to try to answer all the questions one way or another, and to try not to choose the middle answer to lots of the questions. Hope this helps you. :)

Post your results here when you've taken it. :D

Owfin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=14923]ScarletRose[/MENTION]

Hi. :)

Firstly, nobody can get an idea about what type you are from this post, because you haven't really said anything about yourself. :) Have you thought about filling out a questionnaire?

Also, I think you have a bit of a misunderstanding about Personality Types - ALL the types feel and think, perceive and judge, etc. The question is which cognitive functions are you using (Fe or Fi, Te or Ti, etc) the most? I think this quiz should point you in the right direction:
http://www.keys2cognition.com/explore.htm

Make sure you answer them as you actually are in real life or it will screw up your results lol. Also, it's useful to try to answer all the questions one way or another, and to try not to choose the middle answer to lots of the questions. Hope this helps you. :)

Post your results here when you've taken it. :D

That quiz puts me as INTP. 0.o

Here's a way to narrow out SJ. SJs use individual models, concepts, and facts as a foundation to build systems and theories out of. Is that how you think?

Turquoise Bones

MBTI Type
INFP
That quiz puts me as INTP. 0.o

Here's a way to narrow out SJ. SJs use individual models, concepts, and facts as a foundation to build systems and theories out of. Is that how you think?

Then either you filled it out wrong or you're not an ISTJ lol. :)

How is that Si? I've certainly never heard Si described like that - it sounds a mixture of Si and Ti to me. Also, STJs and SFJs are very different - you can't say "an SJ type is this" etc. :)

Owfin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Then either you filled it out wrong or you're not an ISTJ lol. :)

How is that Si? I've certainly never heard Si described like that - it sounds a mixture of Si and Ti to me. Also, STJs and SFJs are very different - you can't say "an SJ type is this" etc. :)

I'm very sure of my SJness due to reading independent descriptions. I just tend to look like a NP.

What I posted was how I think. It was actually a description of Si-Ne. The SJ focuses on the input for it. An NP like you would focus on the output (theories and systems). This is why Si types have such a large internal storage of information.

Turquoise Bones

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm very sure of my SJness due to reading independent descriptions. I just tend to look like a NP.

What I posted was how I think. It was actually a description of Si-Ne. The SJ focuses on the input for it. An NP like you would focus on the output (theories and systems). This is why Si types have such a large internal storage of information.

I'm not sure I really understand what you mean lol. :D Can you explain it better?

Owfin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not sure I really understand what you mean lol. :D Can you explain it better?

Say, take evolution.

A Si user would accept mutations of genes as true. From their observation of mutations in the genes, they would come up with some theory of what affect they might have. If their theory was pointed out to be untrue (like they predicted that this would result in random harmful adaptions staying), they would modify their theory of evolution to be consistent with the fact that harmful adaptions do not stay.

They have faith in models (like mutations in the genes) but not in theories (like Evolution). They will change a theory to fit what they see.

Turquoise Bones

MBTI Type
INFP
Say, take evolution.

A Si user would accept mutations of genes as true. From their observation of mutations in the genes, they would come up with some theory of what affect they might have. If their theory was pointed out to be untrue (like they predicted that this would result in random harmful adaptions staying), they would modify their theory of evolution to be consistent with the fact that harmful adaptions do not stay.

They have faith in models (like mutations in the genes) but not in theories (like Evolution). They will change a theory to fit what they see.

I'm still a bit lost lol. This differs from Ne how exactly? Ne and Si are both PERCEIVING functions and only take in information - you need a JUDGING function to come to a conclusion and say, "This is how this works, this is right/wrong, etc." right? :)

Owfin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm still a bit lost lol. This differs from Ne how exactly? Ne and Si are both PERCEIVING functions and only take in information - you need a JUDGING function to come to a conclusion and say, "This is how this works, this is right/wrong, etc." right? :)

Ne and Si work together. Si is the making of models. Ne is the generating of new systems. The dominant one takes in raw information. The secondary one forms it's conclusions off of the data the dominant one has given it.

Turquoise Bones

MBTI Type
INFP
[MENTION=14915]Owfin[/MENTION]

What do you mean by Si being the making of models? This seems an odd description for what Si is. I *sort of* agree Ne is partly about generating new ideas.

Judging functions make decisions - not Perceiving ones.

Owfin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=14915]Owfin[/MENTION]

What do you mean by Si being the making of models? This seems an odd description for what Si is. I *sort of* agree Ne is partly about generating new ideas.

Judging functions make decisions - not Perceiving ones.

I am using more of the mathematical definition of model.

Model: A description of a system using mathematical concepts and language (except without math here)

System: A set of interacting or interdependent components forming an integrated whole

Turquoise Bones

MBTI Type
INFP
I am using more of the mathematical definition of model.

Model: A description of a system using mathematical concepts and language (except without math here)

System: A set of interacting or interdependent components forming an integrated whole

Huh??

How is this Si vs. Ne? It doesn't have anything to do with either lol - unless I'm completely clueless!! :D

Owfin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Huh??

How is this Si vs. Ne? It doesn't have anything to do with either lol - unless I'm completely clueless!! :D

I came up with that whole thing from discussing with NJs about perceiving. My previous attempts at figuring out Ni-Se thinking usually ended up being Si in disguise, and Se-Ni, Ne in disguise. I'm still trying to pick up things about Ni and especially Se to form a coherent theory as to what the differences are between all the percieving functions and what connections there are between them. Some of what I have gathered suggest that the framework extroverted percieving functions gather information in is systems, and introverted perception, models. But it conflicted a bit with how Ni types seem to start at system thinking. I have explanations for certain things, but not a whole picture. :shrug:

But the bits and pieces I do have seem to be consistent among members of the types they are from, so I thought they might be useful for typing others.

ScarletRose

MBTI Type
ISxx
Enneagram
4w5
[MENTION=14903]Turquoise Bones[/MENTION] I've taken that quiz multiple times, it's too long for me, and like the others it keeps changing. What I was asking was to clarify the difference between J/P and T/F so I can better determine what they are and which fit my personality better, that's what I was asking. I've also done multiple questionnaires, I just don't know how to separate the two in each of those and determine which I use more. Also the idea was if there were questions you could ask to help me, feel free. I appreciate that you're helping, but maybe my post wasn't clear enough because it seemed to have been misread.

And one last thing, I GREATLY DISLIKE when someone takes over my thread to better their own personal understanding of themselves, to me this is rude and that person should get their own thread if they're that curious about themselves.

Sorry to be snippy

Best to all,

ScarletRose

ScarletRose

MBTI Type
ISxx
Enneagram
4w5
[MENTION=14903]Turquoise Bones[/MENTION] I did the quiz anyways, but I don't know how honest it was (since most of those things on there really confused me). Here is what I got.

extraverted Sensing (Se) **************************** (28)

introverted Sensing (Si) *************************** (27.4)

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************* (37)

introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************** (26.6)

extraverted Thinking (Te) *************** (15.3)

introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************** (26)

extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************************** (34.7)

introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************************* (45)

The first type it gave me was INFP (but I know for sure I'm more Sensing that Intuitive. The next two were ENFP (but I know for certain I'm an introvert, so this isn't me) and ISFP

I don't trust this test though, since the way it was worded was very confusing for me (that's why I hate tests like that). And I remember last time I took this quiz the person couldn't understand how i got such results.

I think I answered honestly, but there's no telling, but there are my results.

Sorry about being snippy earlier, I've just gone through those things so many times and it gets annoying when I just want to clarify the differences between J/P and T/F to see what fits into my personality more.

I will say this though, one thing that appears to be consistent here is the Fi being high, but maybe it's a fluke of the test? Don't know really.