User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ISxx
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default ISTJ or ISFP??? I'm so confused

So the title should be something along the lines of ISTJ, ISFJ, or ISFP, I accidentally left out ISFJ (as now I'm seeing that it's a likely candidate lol).

Ok, so I've been working on finding my type for roughly a year (ok more like half a year, but who cares? lol) and I've only come to the conclusion that I'm an ISXX of some type. I know for certain I'm introverted (no doubt in that lol) and I'm sure I'm more Sensor than Intuitive. What i'm having problems with is determining what I'm more of on the other two. Am I more Feeler or more Thinking? Am I more Perceiver than Judger? As much as I research these, I'm still confused about them and don't know which one fits me more than the other.

For Judger and Perceiver, I'm somewhat leaning more towards Perceiver for various reasons, including the fact that any time I try to keep, or even make a schedule, I never follow it, which it seems Judgers are known to actually be good at, unlike I am.

Thinking and Feeling really confuse me, and I'm not sure I really know what those two are.

So I'm hoping you all can help me clarify and then determine which fits who I am the best.

I encourage you to ask me questions freely, especially if you think they're going to help me.

I would really appreciate the help

Best to all,

ScarletRose
    Everyone is perfect, in their imperfections.

There is no such thing as normal, since everyone has something about them that others find strange.

MBTI
    INFP

@ScarletRose

Hi.

Firstly, nobody can get an idea about what type you are from this post, because you haven't really said anything about yourself. Have you thought about filling out a questionnaire?

Also, I think you have a bit of a misunderstanding about Personality Types - ALL the types feel and think, perceive and judge, etc. The question is which cognitive functions are you using (Fe or Fi, Te or Ti, etc) the most? I think this quiz should point you in the right direction:
    http://www.keys2cognition.com/explore.htm

Make sure you answer them as you actually are in real life or it will screw up your results lol. Also, it's useful to try to answer all the questions one way or another, and to try not to choose the middle answer to lots of the questions. Hope this helps you.

Post your results here when you've taken it.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Turquoise Bones View Post
    @ScarletRose

Hi.

Firstly, nobody can get an idea about what type you are from this post, because you haven't really said anything about yourself. Have you thought about filling out a questionnaire?

Also, I think you have a bit of a misunderstanding about Personality Types - ALL the types feel and think, perceive and judge, etc. The question is which cognitive functions are you using (Fe or Fi, Te or Ti, etc) the most? I think this quiz should point you in the right direction:
    http://www.keys2cognition.com/explore.htm

Make sure you answer them as you actually are in real life or it will screw up your results lol. Also, it's useful to try to answer all the questions one way or another, and to try not to choose the middle answer to lots of the questions. Hope this helps you.

Post your results here when you've taken it.
    That quiz puts me as INTP. 0.o

Here's a way to narrow out SJ. SJs use individual models, concepts, and facts as a foundation to build systems and theories out of. Is that how you think?
    I don't see any invisible treasure chests.

• MBTI? ISTJ
    • Enneagram? 6 with a strong 7 wing
    • Brony? Yes
    • Stereotypes?

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Owfin View Post
    That quiz puts me as INTP. 0.o

Here's a way to narrow out SJ. SJs use individual models, concepts, and facts as a foundation to build systems and theories out of. Is that how you think?
    Then either you filled it out wrong or you're not an ISTJ lol.

How is that Si? I've certainly never heard Si described like that - it sounds a mixture of Si and Ti to me. Also, STJs and SFJs are very different - you can't say "an SJ type is this" etc.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A

Then either you filled it out wrong or you're not an ISTJ lol.

How is that Si? I've certainly never heard Si described like that - it sounds a mixture of Si and Ti to me. Also, STJs and SFJs are very different - you can't say "an SJ type is this" etc.
    I'm very sure of my SJness due to reading independent descriptions. I just tend to look like a NP.

What I posted was how I think. It was actually a description of Si-Ne. The SJ focuses on the input for it. An NP like you would focus on the output (theories and systems). This is why Si types have such a large internal storage of information.

• MBTI? ISTJ
    • Brony? Yes
    • Stereotypes?

MBTI
    INFP

I'm very sure of my SJness due to reading independent descriptions. I just tend to look like a NP.

What I posted was how I think. It was actually a description of Si-Ne. The SJ focuses on the input for it. An NP like you would focus on the output (theories and systems). This is why Si types have such a large internal storage of information.
    I'm not sure I really understand what you mean lol. Can you explain it better?

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A

I'm not sure I really understand what you mean lol. Can you explain it better?
    Say, take evolution.

A Si user would accept mutations of genes as true. From their observation of mutations in the genes, they would come up with some theory of what affect they might have. If their theory was pointed out to be untrue (like they predicted that this would result in random harmful adaptions staying), they would modify their theory of evolution to be consistent with the fact that harmful adaptions do not stay.

They have faith in models (like mutations in the genes) but not in theories (like Evolution). They will change a theory to fit what they see.

• MBTI? ISTJ
    • Brony? Yes
    • Stereotypes?

MBTI
    INFP

Say, take evolution.

A Si user would accept mutations of genes as true. From their observation of mutations in the genes, they would come up with some theory of what affect they might have. If their theory was pointed out to be untrue (like they predicted that this would result in random harmful adaptions staying), they would modify their theory of evolution to be consistent with the fact that harmful adaptions do not stay.

They have faith in models (like mutations in the genes) but not in theories (like Evolution). They will change a theory to fit what they see.
    I'm still a bit lost lol. This differs from Ne how exactly? Ne and Si are both PERCEIVING functions and only take in information - you need a JUDGING function to come to a conclusion and say, "This is how this works, this is right/wrong, etc." right?

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A

I'm still a bit lost lol. This differs from Ne how exactly? Ne and Si are both PERCEIVING functions and only take in information - you need a JUDGING function to come to a conclusion and say, "This is how this works, this is right/wrong, etc." right?
    Ne and Si work together. Si is the making of models. Ne is the generating of new systems. The dominant one takes in raw information. The secondary one forms it's conclusions off of the data the dominant one has given it.

• MBTI? ISTJ
    • Brony? Yes
    • Stereotypes?

MBTI
    INFP

@Owfin

What do you mean by Si being the making of models? This seems an odd description for what Si is. I *sort of* agree Ne is partly about generating new ideas.

Judging functions make decisions - not Perceiving ones.