User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    What is the problem with identifying with more than 1 type? You could identify with all 12 and whilst that may make things more difficult to organize and understand, it's still real and you Don't worry, you just have a big personality
    There's no problem I guess, but it's not gonna be a great descriptor... and since MBTI is a descriptive system, I don't really understand why you would use it at all in this case.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by SingSmileShine View Post
    Hello, all!

I have a slight dilemma, I guess you could say.

I am the quintessential ENFP - absent-minded, abstract, optimistic. But after looking at this site:

http://russellrowe.com/Myers-Briggs%...y%20System.htm

and reading the types' descriptions, I am so much like an ESFP that I'm starting to wonder. I am extremely "warm, charming, and witty" as it says under ESFP, and nothing makes me happier than performing, entertaining, and being a showman. The spotlight is my dream and my destiny.

However, my N preference is my strongest one. I'm so head-in-the-clouds and introspective that there is no possible way that I am an S of any sort. I am very ENFP in the sense that I'm very interested in possibilities (I'm one of those anything-is-possible-anything-at-all-if-you-just-believe people) and I am extremely idealistic. I just feel that my strongest aspect is my performing and I do realize the beauty in everything, and I am very eager-to-please and affectionate.

I guess what I'm saying is that, if you look at each individual type, I'm totally E over I, N over S, F over T, and P over J. But, looking at the descriptions as a whole, my only non-ESFP trait is my absent-mindedness and abstraction. Other than that, I'm a performer and a warm, charming person. ENFP are intereted in motivating others, which I am, but I'm much more focused on me-me-me and being in the spotlight. ESFP right there...

I guess it's just that it's not so black-and-white, and I happen to be an ENFP with a huge love for the arts and performing and being the one that everyone's looking at...?

Thanks so much! (:
    I am both of those things (or at least I would like to think so for introspective), and a strong S.

I want to ask you a question. Do you see the external world as something solid to make conclusions about? Or do you see the external world as a realm of possibilities, and your mind is the static and consistent place?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I suggest not reading type profiles, they are just stereotypes of types, its pretty rare to fit one stereotype perfectly.

Its like looking all stereotypical female traits and expecting every female to fit them. But being a female isnt about being a stereotypical female, right? Being an ENFP isnt about being an stereotypical ENFP, or in other words, being an ENFP isnt abiut fitting the ENFP profile, since the profile is just a stereotypical bullshit.

What the type is about is the four functions, now all have these functions(thinking, feeling, sensation, intuition), but the level of conscious control over the functions(their order, order that they develop into conscious awareness, thus feel some functions to be 'more' you) and orientation of the function(is intuition introverted or extravertedly oriented etc) differs between types.

This is where all this typology stuff started from, MBTI and type profiles are just dummy versions of this:
    http://www.amazon.com/Psychological-.../dp/0691018138
    and you can see one chapter of it from here:
    http://psychclassics.yorku.ca/Jung/types.htm
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

SingSmileShine

Quote Originally Posted by Owfin View Post
    I am both of those things (or at least I would like to think so for introspective), and a strong S.

I want to ask you a question. Do you see the external world as something solid to make conclusions about? Or do you see the external world as a realm of possibilities, and your mind is the static and consistent place?
    Hello, there!

In my mind, the external world is a realm of possibilities. But I wouldn't say my mind is quite "consistent". I'm very clutter-minded!

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by SingSmileShine View Post
    Hello, there!

In my mind, the external world is a realm of possibilities. But I wouldn't say my mind is quite "consistent". I'm very clutter-minded!
    Congratulations, you are in fact an ENFP! :linedance:

I'm clutter-minded too. I wasn't sure what words to use... I don't think those were the right ones though...

SingSmileShine

Quote Originally Posted by Owfin View Post
    Congratulations, you are in fact an ENFP! :linedance:

I'm clutter-minded too. I wasn't sure what words to use... I don't think those were the right ones though...
    Whee!

I guess we are two very deep people with a lot of different personality traits. (: