First 34567 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Big time Jungian analysis fail. I'm not saying it's your fault, it's Jung's.

Your description sounds exactly like an ISTJ. You assume that an interest in intellectual subjects automatically means Ti. But, if you actually talk to an ISTJ, you will find that they have a relative interest in religious and similar topics. Also, the part about seeming extraverted is an ISTJ trait that I have picked up on in the past.
    i don't think he uses ti just because he likes intellectual subjects. he likes figuring things out and breaking them apart and arguing them. he's said that he doesn't like telling old stories or thinking about the past too much because it gets in the way of the future, really hard to imagine an si-dom saying that. and temperament-wise, sp is a much, much better fit than sj. he's not stable or dependable or traditional, etc etc etc.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I chose an ISTJ at random on the above thread that I linked and searched his posts for something that demonstrates what I mean. Here you see Adrift quoting something about ghosts:

Quote Originally Posted by Adrift View Post
    This is James Van Praagh's definition of a ghost, from his book "Ghosts Among Us":

"Ghosts are forms of energy, just as humans are forms of energy. They appear quite like their physical bodies. When I see ghosts, I rarely see fragments of a person, like a head or an arm, floating around in space. I see neither a mass of swirling, white clouds, nor a white sheet with two holes cut out where eyes would supposedly be. I always see full human forms, complete with hair, facial features and clothing. Most of the time, ghosts appear youthful, healthy, and in the prime of life."

Hope I didn't violate any copyright laws with that quote.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i don't get where you're going with this, i understand that istj's are capable of being intellectual, i was never arguing with that. i'm very sure that he's not an istj though, he behaves nothing like one. he probably only scored that close on j vs p because he didn't take the best test, i found a short one for him because i knew he wouldn't be super interested in it.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    i don't think he uses ti just because he likes intellectual subjects. he likes figuring things out and breaking them apart and arguing them. he's said that he doesn't like telling old stories or thinking about the past too much because it gets in the way of the future, really hard to imagine an si-dom saying that. and temperament-wise, sp is a much, much better fit than sj. he's not stable or dependable or traditional, etc etc etc.
    Lots of things are hard to imagine, that's why we shouldn't try to prove or disprove things that way. I see you will stick to your guns and move from Jung to temperaments and then who knows where. I'm sure the guy is a mixed bag of traits and temperaments, but your descriptions practically shout ISTJ to me.

Riva

Lots of things are hard to imagine, that's why we shouldn't try to prove or disprove things that way. I see you will stick to your guns and move from Jung to temperaments and then who knows where. I'm sure the guy is a mixed bag of traits and temperaments, but your descriptions practically shout ISTJ to me.
    Her description screams ISTP. Not ISTJ.

I am in too much of a hurry to go in to details right now. Maybe you care to elaborate why you think so?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

what "shouts istj"? i'd be open to changing my mind (i guess) if you had a convincing argument for it, but you haven't actually given any reasons.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Her description screams ISTP. Not ISTJ.

I am in too much of a hurry to go in to details right now. Maybe you care to elaborate why you think so?
    I'm guessing it has to do with Jung and not with reality. Jung was very far removed from reality, his only real contact with people occurred in a tightly controlled and unnatural setting of his own creation.

As for myself, I'm going by type descriptions and personal observations. Descriptions say that the ISTJ likes to pursue certain intellectual categories of thought, and my personal experience with ISTJs backs that up.

Riva

I'm guessing it has to do with Jung and not with reality. Jung was very far removed from reality, his only real contact with people occurred in a tightly controlled and unnatural setting of his own creation.

As for myself, I'm going by type descriptions and personal observations. Descriptions say that the ISTJ likes to pursue certain intellectual categories of thought, and my personal experience with ISTJs backs that up.
    Why do they say that ISTPs don't like to pursue the same?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Why do they say that ISTPs don't like to pursue the same?
    http://www.personalitypage.com/ISTP.html

Doing their own thing is an ISTP trait, and that sounds like her friend. But they have an adventuresome spirit, "they are attracted to motorcycles, airplanes, sky diving, surfing, etc." Jung and MBTI simply don't correlate very well.