• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I a 7w8 or a 7w6?

S

SingSmileShine

I've been researching and I definitely have been told that I am a 7w8. However, because 7w8 is defined as being a "realist" and 7w6 is being defined as more of an "entertainer," I am definitely much more of a look-at-me-I'm-trying-to-entertain-you person than I am a realistic person. In fact, I'm not very realistic. However, I am more 8-oriented (challenger) than I am 6-oriented (loyalist). I'm not quite as rigid as 6 enneagrams tend to be, I think...

A little bit of help, please? If you need to know any more about me, just ask. :)

Thank you so much!

S

SingSmileShine

Oh! If it helps, I'm definitely a 7. But I am probably more of a 3 than anything else. Except that there's no such thing as a 7w3...

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Here's some descriptions that may help :)

7w6
Healthy Sevens with a 6 wing are responsible, faithful, lovable, nervous and funny. They are generally more oriented to relationship and want to be accepted by other people. Can be steady, more willing to stick with commitments; the 6 wing brings a longer sense of time. Usually funny or enjoy a good laugh - an amazing number of comedians are Sevens with a 6 wing. More openly vulnerable, have an unguarded, tender sweetness. Some have trouble expressing anger even when they are justified. May evade or finesse authority but still aware of it like a 6. Canny and practical, they look for the deals and the loopholes. When more entranced, may have surprise episodes of sensitivity and insecurity. Their feelings can be easily hurt sometimes. Sensitive especially to comparisons. May avoid putting themselves to the test. Grow dependent and addicted to other people, afraid to be alone, suspicious and skittish. Can feel guilt easily, may project their conscience onto others and then act irresponsibly. Make themselves shallow, fall in and out of love easily. Sometimes breezily betray others by running away. Can be reckless, unstable, and self-destructive. When Sevens have a counterphobic 6 wing their idealism can motivate a sincere desire for social reform. May work hard for a cause. Can be antiauthority, passive/aggressive, flippant, defiant. Some report hating to be told what to do. Clashes with Ones likely. May call down trouble on themselves. Complain about the status quo. The realm of hippie rebellion.

7w8
When healthy, Sevens with an 8 wing are often generous, gregarious and expansive. Tend to be exceptionally loyal to their friends, especially when social subtype. Leap aggressively to the defense of those they care for. Might seem loud or boisterous although some are urbane and witty. Enjoy social celebrations, storytelling, jokes, food and travel. Generally have a strong self-confidence for worldly matters and getting what they want. Talent for making something out of nothing - entrepreneurial. Usually share what they have when healthy, want everyone to enjoy their sense of bounty and wide range of interests. When more entranced, they may be demanding, displaying a selfish impatience and a self-justifying narcissism. May want what they want right now. Aggressive, hasty drive to acquire money and material options and recognition. Can demand that the people in their lives say only what the Seven wants to hear - sugarcoated truth. Lash out angrily if reality doesn't meet their expectations; sometimes vengeful. Often perfectionistic as parents (low side of 1). Moralize to others and then are themselves irresponsible. Amnesia for promises made in an expansive moment. Particular difficulty with sexual fidelity.

Source: http://theenneagram.blogspot.com/

7w6
7w6s are less grounded and more visibly anxious. They are more manic. They are much more prone to bipolar personality disorder. They are mercurial and endearing. They tend to be more amiable and friendly. They are natural peter pan types who never grow up. They are the more childlike side of seven. They are more creative and fantastical. They are more excited about life and never stop dreaming. They have an attitude of wide-eyed wonderment towards the world. They are prone to blurring the distinction between fantasy and reality. They are much more "pie in the sky" thinkers. They believe in "potential" and that is a big theme in their lives. They believe in potential in others and pockets of potential in the world. They believe the "holy grail" is out there somewhere and it's just a matter of finding it. They are more likely to chase their own tail. They lack the pragmatism and realism of their seven-wing-eight siblings.

7w6s feel more of a need to "check in" with others. Their six wing gives them a need to establish "solidarity" with people they care about. They care about how they are seen. The dense party animal stereotype offends them more. They don't like to be taken for granted as someone who is happy all the time and doesn't have problems. They want to be seen as someone who has depth of personality. They want to be seen as someone who is also "human" and can relate to how you are feeling. Their six wing causes them to be awed and apalled. They have more highs and lows. They have a good-natured sense of humor and are more natural entertainers. They tend to be funny more than they are characters.

7w6s tend to fear getting "trapped" in a rut as opposed to stuck in a rut. Their six wing makes them more likely to feel defeatism and despair. They admit to themselves the rut has "got" them in some way. They can see the walls closing in and becoming more trapped if they don't do something.

7w8
7w8s are more grounded and show less signs of anxiety. They tend to have less mood swings but bigger tempers. They can be pushy and belligerent. They are realistic and pragmatic. They are more aggressive and competitive than their six-winged siblings. They are more territorial and acquisitive. They tend to be more interested in worldly success than chasing a dream. They believe in what's possible not the holy grail. They simply persistently play the hand they are dealt the best they can. Their philosophy is similar to that Kenny Rogers song: "gotta know when to hold them when to fold them when to walk and when to run".

7w8s are the badboy/badgirl side of seven. They don't feel a need to "check in" with others. Their eight wing makes them less openly vulnerable. They relate to others from a position of strength as opposed to establishing solidarity. They assume people don't like them until they do so they don't need validation. Misconceptions of what a seven is don't really bother them personally. They don't care about how they are seen like their six-winged siblings. They value freedom more and are much more independent. They want the strings attached between them and others kept to a minimum. Their eight wing makes them more even-keeled. It takes more to excite them or make them depressed. They are more insensitive and have more of a "shocking" sense of humor and tend to be funny characters more than they have funny material.

7w8s tend to fear getting "stuck" in a rut as opposed to trapped in a rut. Their eight wing causes them to see a rut as annoying and something that ticks them off but doesn't have any power over them. Once they're out of the rut everything will be back to normal so no big deal.

Source: http://typewatchenneagram.blogspot.com/2011/06/typewatch-enneagram-type-descriptions.html

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
It can be hard to tell, especially if the Six wing is counterphobic; phobic-wing 7w6s are usually bubbly and energetic, but also conciliatory and loyal. The stereotypical image of the ENFP or ESFP is usually slanted towards the phobic 7w6.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've been researching and I definitely have been told that I am a 7w8. However, because 7w8 is defined as being a "realist" and 7w6 is being defined as more of an "entertainer," I am definitely much more of a look-at-me-I'm-trying-to-entertain-you person than I am a realistic person. In fact, I'm not very realistic.

Hi! :hi:
Things are not always "black and white."
I'm an ESTP 7w8, and I am horrifically realistic AND driven, but also ridiculously entertaining.

However, I am more 8-oriented (challenger) than I am 6-oriented (loyalist). I'm not quite as rigid as 6 enneagrams tend to be, I think...

This just seems at odds to me.
What is your basic fear in life?
That is a central Enneagram question.
Don't think too much, just type it out and go from there.
7's are adventures, yes, but 7w6's are more "accomodating" and "pleasant" and "easy going" than their 7w8 cousins.
7w8's are DRIVEN in spite of being playful and adventurous.
A dear, dear, dear friend of mine is a 7w6.
Whenever she and I talk on the phone or in person it's like I'm talking to part of my soul.
It's amazing.
But, it's the "nice" part of my soul that she mirros.
She is a creature of joy.
She can walk into a room and instantly promote peace and harmony and goodwill from all toward all.
I can do that too, but I'm also just as prone to kick ass and take names.
I am a creature of PURPOSE.
I champion my own free will at all costs, yes, but I also have a master plan, no matter what I'm doing.
I'm PURPOSE driven, and will do whatever is needed to accomplish my objectives, to live the adventures in my heart.

A little bit of help, please? If you need to know any more about me, just ask. :)

Thank you so much!

I tried to help! :shock:
Another example.
One of my best male friends is an ENTP 8w7.
Witnessing us in the same room is horrifying.
We push our agendas through (on a unified front at all times, of course) and make a spectacle of whatever in the course of things, and then leave the masses to clean up the mess while we wander off in search of more clues.
Compared to him, I'm a bit soft around the edges, but he is a bit inflexible even when unecessary, because his primary fear is that of being CONTROLLED, whereas mine is of being UNFULFILLED.
Good luck trying to control me, I move too fast! :newwink:
Those type of differences might be useful to you, at least I hope so.

If I had to guess, I'd say you are NOT 7w8, but I'll not wager on what your exact Enneagram type is as at this point.
Let's see how your thread progresses.
Maybe [MENTION=6164]Riva[/MENTION] can chime in on this?
He's damn good at this stuff.

:solidarity:

-Alex

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The more I watch people, the more I believe every person is a combination of the two wings, with each coming out at different times. Each person seems to be a certain percentage of each, with none being totally 100% one or the other. Me, I consider myself a 5 wing, but I've certainly seen my share of 7 wing coming out often.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Amen 7w8 brother!

7s, whatever their wing, are still fun-driven entertainers at the base of it all.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The more I watch people, the more I believe every person is a combination of the two wings, with each coming out at different times. Each person seems to be a certain percentage of each, with none being totally 100% one or the other. Me, I consider myself a 5 wing, but I've certainly seen my share of 7 wing coming out often.

I don't have a smidgen of w6 in me ;)

The only type that is less me than E6 is E1.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't have a smidgen of w6 in me ;)

The only type that is less me than E6 is E1.

Can we put you through a test to see? :D

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Can we put you through a test to see? :D

Ha Ha... :newwink:
I'll go with Kasper's many years of commentary here as a gauge of his Enneagram type (or non-type) before any test. :yes:
Seriously though, what test would you propose? :thinking:
I'm no Enneagram expert, but dear God if 7's and 8's don't stick out like sore thumbs in whatever room they are in, I don't know what does. :laugh:

Cheers, xSTP bunny rabbit!

:cheers:

-Alex

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
WHHHAAAAAAATTT?! My brother Halla is unsure of which 7w he is?! :O * gasps a 7w6 gasp* :D

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
WHHHAAAAAAATTT?! My brother Halla is unsure of which 7w he is?! :O * gasps a 7w6 gasp* :D

No way, Sistahhhh'!!! :hug:

I'm just saying:

YOU are totally 7w6.
I am totally 7w8.

We're happy as peas in a pod in the same room.
But for realz, we are distinct creatures in our own ways.
It's cool as all get out in my book. :hifive:

Same drive train for the most part, different configuration.
Does that make sense? :happy:

-Alex

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ha Ha... :newwink:
I'll go with Kasper's many years of commentary here as a gauge of his Enneagram type (or non-type) before any test. :yes:

I don't disagree with you, but I'm a testing whore. Don't like reading, love testing.

Seriously though, what test would you propose? :thinking:
I'm no Enneagram expert, but dear God if 7's and 8's don't stick out like sore thumbs in whatever room they are in, I don't know what does. :laugh:

You're right, but I can't assume. ;)

Cheers, xSTP bunny rabbit!

:cheers:

-Alex

Cheers to you as well. :cheers:

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Well, 7w8s and 7w6s have a different vibe. I know it's stereotypical, but 7w8s come across as heavier and a little bit more antisocial, but also more likely to follow through in whatever they're trying to accomplish. 7w6s are lighter and have much better social skills, sometimes they're better at generating ideas, but they're more cautious and might get a bit lost during implementation.

7w8s can also become materialistic and excessivel ambitious, when not so healthy. 7w6s are more likely to take solace in drugs etc.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
7w6
- bubbly
- agreeable
- ditzy
- goofy
- go with the flow
- can resemble 2s, 6s and 9s

7w8
- assertive
- ambitious
- polarizing/more "go fuck yourself" factor. 7w8s can piss a lot of people off lol
- there is a definite dark/icy side, but it's one that people seldom see. it's similar to the more serious, business minded Te side of ENFP that comes out every once in a while. people who haven't seen it before are usually surprised when they do
- ENFP 7w8s often have more of a TJ vibe to them
- they're usually outgoing and friendly like 7w6s, but 7w8s tend to focus a lot less on people and more on getting what they want
- can resemble 3s and 8s

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No way, Sistahhhh'!!! :hug:

I'm just saying:

YOU are totally 7w6.
I am totally 7w8.

We're happy as peas in a pod in the same room.
But for realz, we are distinct creatures in our own ways.
It's cool as all get out in my book. :hifive:

Same drive train for the most part, different configuration.
Does that make sense? :happy:

-Alex

is there something about 7w8 and 7w6 that makes us work well together? most of the 7w6s I meet I think "omg I want to hug you" and we almost always get along great (usually the dynamic is something like Baloo and Mogli from the Jungle Book lol)

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
7w6

[youtube=ZemqIwZ6oug]Brad Pitt - Question & Answer (extended version)[/youtube]

7w8

[youtube=sExcWgupkeA]Jack Nicholson : Why we watch movies..[/youtube]

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hi! :hi:
Things are not always "black and white."
I'm an ESTP 7w8, and I am horrifically realistic AND driven, but also ridiculously entertaining.

This just seems at odds to me.
What is your basic fear in life?
That is a central Enneagram question.
Don't think too much, just type it out and go from there.
7's are adventures, yes, but 7w6's are more "accomodating" and "pleasant" and "easy going" than their 7w8 cousins.
A dear, dear, dear friend of mine is a 7w6.
Whenever she and I talk on the phone or in person it's like I'm talking to part of my soul.
It's amazing.
But, it's the "nice" part of my soul that she mirros.
She is a creature of joy.
She can walk into a room and instantly promote peace and harmony and goodwill from all toward all.
I can do that too, but I'm also just as prone to kick ass and take names.
I am a creature of PURPOSE.
I champion my own free will at all costs, yes, but I also have a master plan, no matter what I'm doing.
I'm PURPOSE driven, and will do whatever is needed to accomplish my objectives, to live the adventures in my heart.

I tried to help! :shock:
Another example.
One of my best male friends is an ENTP 8w7.
Witnessing us in the same room is horrifying.
We push our agendas through (on a unified front at all times, of course) and make a spectacle of whatever in the course of things, and then leave the masses to clean up the mess while we wander off in search of more clues.
Compared to him, I'm a bit soft around the edges, but he is a bit inflexible even when unecessary, because his primary fear is that of being CONTROLLED, whereas mine is of being UNFULFILLED.
Good luck trying to control me, I move too fast! :newwink:
Those type of differences might be useful to you, at least I hope so.

If I had to guess, I'd say you are NOT 7w8, but I'll not wager on what your exact Enneagram type is as at this point.
Let's see how your thread progresses.
Maybe [MENTION=6164]Riva[/MENTION] can chime in on this?
He's damn good at this stuff.

-Alex

Hey Alex, I actually need help on this one too. I am unsure if I'm 7w6 or 7w8. It kinda becomes more complicated because my tri-type is 7-8-4. I think I could actually be 7w6 with 6 being counter phobic. Then I'd have the 8 of my head centre to balance it out. Could it be? Do you know what I'm talking about?

I'm not sure if I'm an 8 or not because I don't like conflict, but I will enter conflict if I feel violated. But afterwards I feel bad about there not being a good ambiance and I try to get things ok again. I am also quite driven, I just feel all the time that I should be using my time in a productive way. I always need a project, I always need to feel that I am learning or getting more and more. Climbing higher. Maybe I'm an 7w8. What do you think?