• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I a 7w8 or a 7w6?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
LoL, you have to give up your soul. Are you willing?

Soul? Lol, no ENTP makes it past 12 without selling that for choice sweets to one of their gullible friends who erroneously believed it existed in the first place! It's long gone. I have a spare kidney =/

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Soul? Lol, no ENTP makes it past 12 without selling that for choice sweets to one of their gullible friends who erroneously believed it existed in the first place! It's long gone. I have a spare kidney =/

Unfortunately, it has to be all or nothing. A kidney just won't do.

Sounds like you are used goods. Sorry, no good for testing purposes. ;)

R

Riva

Maybe [MENTION=6164]Riva[/MENTION] can chime in on this?
He's damn good at this stuff.

Why thank you. And I confess that I really am good at typing people ;).

But when it comes to typing people on self proclaimed descriptions I am reluctant to do so (lend a helping hand) since people tend to miss aspects about themselves accidentally or deliberately.

But to type people on observed traits I can and good at.

But unfortunately I haven't seen (or observed) the OP starter much.

S

SingSmileShine

Why thank you. And I confess that I really am good at typing people ;).

But when it comes to typing people on self proclaimed descriptions I am reluctant to do so (lend a helping hand) since people tend to miss aspects about themselves accidentally or deliberately.

But to type people on observed traits I can and good at.

But unfortunately I haven't seen (or observed) the OP starter much.

Don't worry about it - I just wanted to say that I love your avatar. Wonderful series! :)

S

SingSmileShine

Huh. I am quite ambitious, but also quite ditzy and agreeable. I'm also anxious and jittery, so I was wondering...

Individually, I'm a 7 above all else, followed by 3 and probably...4? But I'm also quite 8...oh, my. It appears I'm a newbie in terms of enneagrams and I don't know myself well enough to pick my strongest one. /:

Last edited:

Owfin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It appears I'm a newbie in terms of enneagrams and I don't know myself well enough to pick my strongest one. /:

Yes, sometimes it is hard differentiating yourself with different types because we all have multiple desires. Enneagram looks at the most central one.

So ask yourself this: "If I was in a situation where I had to abandon all but one of my ideals, which one would I still hold on to?"

S

SingSmileShine

Yes, sometimes it is hard differentiating yourself with different types because we all have multiple desires. Enneagram looks at the most central one.

So ask yourself this: "If I was in a situation where I had to abandon all but one of my ideals, which one would I still hold on to?"

Huh. 7, most likely...3 and 4 are extremely close, though...thank you so much for your continued help!

S

SingSmileShine

Question. Theoretically, is it possible to be a 7w6 (which I'm starting to feel I am) with a 7-3-8 tritype? As opposed to a 7w8 7-3-8?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yes. Tritype theory only cares about picking from each triad, not your main types wing.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=14764]SingSmileShine[/MENTION]

7w8s are lusty and impulsive; 7w6s are a little more cautious and have a sort of built in "home security system" that tells us
- "that's dangerous. don't do that or you'll get hurt" (7w8s by contrast are much less reckless. "come on! let's do it!" and are much more likely to put themselves in physical danger for a "rush". it's common for 7w8s to engage in extreme sports like hang gliding or snowboarding, motor cycle racing or sparring and suffer injuries where a 7w6 would more likely be like "fuck that, I am NOT doing that!")
- "something is off. there is an issue that needs to be resolved here. maybe we should retrace out steps" 7w6s

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Huh. I am quite ambitious, but also quite ditzy and agreeable. I'm also anxious and jittery, so I was wondering...

Individually, I'm a 7 above all else, followed by 3 and probably...4? But I'm also quite 8...oh, my. It appears I'm a newbie in terms of enneagrams and I don't know myself well enough to pick my strongest one. /:

The reason this confusion occurs is that the more types are divided by finer and finer distinctions the more they begin to look alike, and only one or two traits distinguish them from each other.

With the Enneagram this is particularly true of the 7 and 3. However, based on the things you've written I think you should consider 3w4 to be a viable alternative as your main type.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
7w6s are a little more cautious and have a sort of built in "home security system" that tells us
- "that's dangerous. don't do that or you'll get hurt"

Self-Preservation.

Do you think that Robert Plant, Weird Al or Drew Barrymore are cautious?

Don't try to make us believe that you are a 7w6 dude, you are a 7w8. Sociopaaath! :biggrin:

7w6 are either metrosexual or goofy clown, you are nothing of theses really.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Self-Preservation.

Do you think that Robert Plant, Weird Al or Drew Barrymore are cautious?

Don't try to make us believe that you are a 7w6 dude, you are a 7w8. Sociopaaath! :biggrin:

7w6 are either metrosexual or goofy clown, you are nothing of theses really.

it's true, this is also correlated with self preservation (which I'm pretty sure of). here are the reasons why I've typed as 7w6. as a 6w7, you'll probably relate to some yourself

6 wing
- intuition about when something feels "off"
- caution when I would otherwise jump into dangerous situations
- subtle anticipation of communication errors. this makes me quicker on my feet and able to swiftly deal with most communication errors. that said, for a while I deliberately turned this off to desensitize myself to verbal conflict but now I'm able to control it and use it more efficiently.
- when I'm working on a project, 7 just goes ahead and does a bunch of stuff while w6 occasionally checks over my work to make sure I haven't missed anything
- a desire to get issues resolved. I don't mind conflict, I don't care about having favorable opinions or the impact on how others will think of me, but I do get frustrated with gaps in communication, understanding and unresolved issues and can be extremely stubborn about making sure they become clear (I've learned to pick my battles better though)
- desensitizing myself to things I am afraid of or uncomfortable with. (a subtle counter phobic trait)
- on the negative side it can cause me to impulsively point out a problem only to realize I'd missed something and there was not a problem to begin with or that I haven't taken enough time to understand what the real problem is (this has decreased substantially with age. experience and introspection have taught me to quite my mind, slow down remain collected and in control of the situation)

in short, w6 is not noticeable in most of my day to day interactions. it's more of an internal alarm system ready to give 7 a hand when things don't "just work out"

PS: it also has to do with something I've recently heard about called "second wing" essentially it goes something like
7w6(sw6w5) = strong 6 wing, periodic display of 6w5 tendencies
7w6(sw8w7) = weak 6 wing, periodic display of 8w7 tendencies

I think it also works well for you.
6w7( sw5w6) = weak 7 wing, periodic display of 5w6 tendencies
6w7(sw7w8) = strong 7 wing, periodic display of 7w8 tendencies
you are clearly sw7w8. you display more 7w8 tendencies than I do :laugh:

Edit: I can be pretty damn metro sexual. actually I prefer to be but being metro sexual is expensive :(

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
it's true, this is also correlated with self preservation (which I'm pretty sure of). here are the reasons why I've typed as 7w6. as a 6w7, you'll probably relate to some yourself

6 wing
- intuition about when something feels "off"
- caution when I would otherwise jump into dangerous situations
- subtle anticipation of communication errors. this makes me quicker on my feet and able to swiftly deal with most communication errors. that said, for a while I deliberately turned this off to desensitize myself to verbal conflict but now I'm able to control it and use it more efficiently.
- when I'm working on a project, 7 just goes ahead and does a bunch of stuff while w6 occasionally checks over my work to make sure I haven't missed anything
- a desire to get issues resolved. I don't mind conflict, I don't care about having favorable opinions or the impact on how others will think of me, but I do get frustrated with gaps in communication, understanding and unresolved issues and can be extremely stubborn about making sure they become clear (I've learned to pick my battles better though)
- desensitizing myself to things I am afraid of or uncomfortable with. (a subtle counter phobic trait)
- on the negative side it can cause me to impulsively point out a problem only to realize I'd missed something and there was not a problem to begin with or that I haven't taken enough time to understand what the real problem is (this has decreased substantially with age. experience and introspection have taught me to quite my mind, slow down remain collected and in control of the situation)

in short, w6 is not noticeable in most of my day to day interactions. it's more of an internal alarm system ready to give 7 a hand when things don't "just work out"

The thing is that 7s are, like 6s, a fear type, but they are often unconcious of this because of their habit to diffuse in in pleasant options. But when they work on themselves, even by the simple of action of studying enneagram and study their type, 7s can be more in touch with the latent fear and paranoia inside them, I think it's what's happening to you. I think that if you were a 7w6, the w6 would be noticable in your daily life, but apparently, it is not, in fact, in your daily life, I still pretty sure that you are a 7w8.

S: it also has to do with something I've recently heard about called "second wing" essentially it goes something like
7w6(sw6w5) = strong 6 wing, periodic display of 6w5 tendencies
7w6(sw8w7) = weak 6 wing, periodic display of 8w7 tendencies

I think it also works well for you.
6w7( sw5w6) = weak 7 wing, periodic display of 5w6 tendencies
6w7(sw7w8) = strong 7 wing, periodic display of 7w8 tendencies

Very interesting. I think that 2 years ago, I was in a period of higher use of the 5 wing and behaved like a 5w6, but I'm more like a 7w8 now in term of behavior.

you are clearly sw7w8. you display more 7w8 tendencies than I do :laugh:

Then why do you have hard time to see me as an ESTP, dude. :laugh:

Edit: I can be pretty damn metro sexual.

I can see that. :biggrin:

actually I prefer to be but being metro sexual is expensive :(

It's takes more time, too. well.. I like to dress like a metrosexual too but theses guys spend 45 minutes per day in their bathroom, I can't do that everyday.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The thing is that 7s are, like 6s, a fear type, but they are often unconcious of this because of their habit to diffuse in in pleasant options. But when they work on themselves, even by the simple of action of studying enneagram and study their type, 7s can be more in touch with the latent fear and paranoia inside them, I think it's what's happening to you. I think that if you were a 7w6, the w6 would be noticable in your daily life, but apparently, it is not, in fact, in your daily life, I still pretty sure that you are a 7w8.
I'll reconsider 7w8 (I would rather be 7w8 to be honest lol)

Very interesting. I think that 2 years ago, I was in a period of higher use of the 5 wing and behaved like a 5w6, but I'm more like a 7w8 now in term of behavior.
you remind me a lot of Tyler Durdin (a 7w8sw6w7)except your type and second wing would be switched.

Then why do you have hard time to see me as an ESTP, dude. :laugh:
I'd have to observe you more IRL

I can see that. :biggrin:
It's takes more time, too. well.. I like to dress like a metrosexual too but theses guys spend 45 minutes per day in their bathroom, I can't do that everyday.
45 minutes? I'd spend 2 hours every day getting ready, bathing, pampering myself etc every day if I had the money :(

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'll reconsider 7w8 (I would rather be 7w8 to be honest lol)

7w6 Sp/Sx= Wood Woodpecker.
7w8 Sp/Sx= Gambit.

Clearly more 7w8. Actually you are closer to an 8w7 Sp/Sx like Han Solo than 7w6 Sp/Sx.

you remind me a lot of Tyler Durdin
Wow.

(a 7w8sw6w7)except your type and second wing would be switched.

Hum I heard that Tom Condon typed Tyler D as an 8. And I think it's correct. I'd rather say 8w7 Sx/So for him.

I'd have to observe you more IRL

It's diffficult because some people I know IRL would be surprised if I said them I am an introvert, and with some others, it would be the contrary. I think that people would hardly see me as an S, and very hardly as a J. I'm energized by social contacts, when I'm alone, I fear that social contact will drain me, but it's actually being alone which is draining, which gives me the impression that I have a low reserve of energy available, but as soon as I'm in contact with the outside world, I'm energised. I'm definetly a Ti user, and several tests said that I was an Ne-dom as a kid.

So I'd say ENTP for me.

45 minutes? I'd spend 2 hours every day getting ready, bathing, pampering myself etc every day if I had the money :(

Plus that it's not only the bathroom, it's also the sport that you have to do to look metro sexual. 20 minutes daily of footing & gymnastic is the minimum. If you had that the breakfast and a period of meditation/relaxation, that makes 2 hours, yeah.

I can see the difference between the week and the week-end: the week for me = wake up at 8.am and takes a shower, is out at 8.15 to take the subway, and arrives a 8.40 am with a late of 10 minutes; the week end, my morning routine wan last 3 hours, and since I wake up at midday, it's more an afternoon routine.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"us"? since when are you a 7w6? you abandoned me! :cry: i hate you!

[MENTION=14764]SingSmileShine[/MENTION]

7w8s are lusty and impulsive; 7w6s are a little more cautious and have a sort of built in "home security system" that tells us
- "that's dangerous. don't do that or you'll get hurt" (7w8s by contrast are much less reckless. "come on! let's do it!" and are much more likely to put themselves in physical danger for a "rush". it's common for 7w8s to engage in extreme sports like hang gliding or snowboarding, motor cycle racing or sparring and suffer injuries where a 7w6 would more likely be like "fuck that, I am NOT doing that!")
- "something is off. there is an issue that needs to be resolved here. maybe we should retrace out steps" 7w6s

brazil

MBTI Type
??TP
Hey Alex, I actually need help on this one too. I am unsure if I'm 7w6 or 7w8. It kinda becomes more complicated because my tri-type is 7-8-4. I think I could actually be 7w6 with 6 being counter phobic. Then I'd have the 8 of my head centre to balance it out. Could it be? Do you know what I'm talking about?

I'm not sure if I'm an 8 or not because I don't like conflict, but I will enter conflict if I feel violated. But afterwards I feel bad about there not being a good ambiance and I try to get things ok again. I am also quite driven, I just feel all the time that I should be using my time in a productive way. I always need a project, I always need to feel that I am learning or getting more and more. Climbing higher. Maybe I'm an 7w8. What do you think?

We're pretty similar, I think. My tri-type is 7-4-8. Never been sure if I'm 7w6 or 7w8, but I've leaned toward 7w8. If I'm 7w6, I'm the 7w6cp type. So the question is 7w6cp or 7w8... I'm like both, at different times. I always need a project to work on, mental or physical - to feel like I'm climbing higher. Speaking of which, I love rock climbing. I love the combination of mental problem solving, physical challenge, and conquering the innate emotional fear of falling and injury. I've had some scary moments, but it wouldn't be as much fun otherwise.

I do other some other sports that people might call "extreme" but that's such a relative term. None of what I do seems "extreme" to me. These are just sports where you really have to know what you're doing to avoid serious injury. I'm pretty sure my energy around doing these sports comes from 7w8.

I don't like conflict and I don't like to pick fights, but I don't fear conflict, either. If a bad decision is about to be made, and something needs to be said, I'll say it with no reservations, and I'll take it as far as I need to, fuck the consequences. I do try to make amends after most conflicts, mainly for political reasons ;)

I may not be the best person to advise you since I have the same confusion as you. But I'll still venture a guess and say that we're both core 7s with balanced wings. Maybe we both lean slightly towards 8, but not strongly so.

My wife knows the Enneagram system pretty well by now, and she says that I seem like 7w6 and 7w8 at different times... and also that she loves the 7w6 version of me, but that she kinda hates the 7w8 version. Anyone else have this experience?

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
yeah, you know i think most people love the 7w6 version of me.
speaking of functions, I think my Fi gets a lot of adoration and thats how i keep friends (does that make sense!?). Im usually interested in listening to them and helping them out, and they also like it when I'm being vulnerable and sharing my true feelings.
Ne makes people find me "crazy" in a good way and think i'm more of a party person than i actually am.
and my Te is a big problem, because i seriously need it to be organized and do my work properly, so i feel a big push to use it. but then it can also go the other way and people do not enjoy the organised-lets get shit done-you hurt me and now I'm protecting myself- part of me.
ps. what is cp? you mean Sp??

We're pretty similar, I think. My tri-type is 7-4-8. Never been sure if I'm 7w6 or 7w8, but I've leaned toward 7w8. If I'm 7w6, I'm the 7w6cp type. So the question is 7w6cp or 7w8... I'm like both, at different times. I always need a project to work on, mental or physical - to feel like I'm climbing higher. Speaking of which, I love rock climbing. I love the combination of mental problem solving, physical challenge, and conquering the innate emotional fear of falling and injury. I've had some scary moments, but it wouldn't be as much fun otherwise.

I do other some other sports that people might call "extreme" but that's such a relative term. None of what I do seems "extreme" to me. These are just sports where you really have to know what you're doing to avoid serious injury. I'm pretty sure my energy around doing these sports comes from 7w8.

I don't like conflict and I don't like to pick fights, but I don't fear conflict, either. If a bad decision is about to be made, and something needs to be said, I'll say it with no reservations, and I'll take it as far as I need to, fuck the consequences. I do try to make amends after most conflicts, mainly for political reasons ;)

I may not be the best person to advise you since I have the same confusion as you. But I'll still venture a guess and say that we're both core 7s with balanced wings. Maybe we both lean slightly towards 8, but not strongly so.

My wife knows the Enneagram system pretty well by now, and she says that I seem like 7w6 and 7w8 at different times... and also that she loves the 7w6 version of me, but that she kinda hates the 7w8 version. Anyone else have this experience?