User Tag List

First 678

Results 71 to 79 of 79

  1. #71
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,994

    Default

    I'm not being accusatory, but this was interesting: "just because I don't want to get into the S/N literal/not literal crap." I'm afraid it is here that we part intellectual company, unless you don't really mean to say that the traditional S/N distinction, according to all the texts, is crap. But if you do really mean it and if it's truly crap, then I should just go ahead and throw away all my MBTI books and start over again.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  2. #72
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    The kind of evidence that says going to church is an Si-dom trait is simply not applicable to actual church membership which consists of all kinds of types.
    Strawman...

    Did anyone actually say that?

    I think most people just haven't seen enough data that would clearly differentiate between N and S. That's why everyone is skeptical -- there isn't enough data.

  3. #73
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Strawman...

    Did anyone actually say that?

    I think most people just haven't seen enough data that would clearly differentiate between N and S. That's why everyone is skeptical -- there isn't enough data.
    Toward the top of the thread someone referenced the church-going activities. I came along after that post. In that one, I gave a detailed response which Shortn agreed with up to one point. Some of my response contained my observations about Intuition. The only point she disagreed with regarded HSN. But you know I don't consider HSN alone, that would be intellectual suicide.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  4. #74
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Toward the top of the thread someone referenced the church-going activities. I came along after that post. In that one, I gave a detailed response which Shortn agreed with up to one point. Some of my response contained my observations about Intuition. The only point she disagreed with regarded HSN. But you know I don't consider HSN alone, that would be intellectual suicide.
    I just reread the thread any couldn't find anyone using going to church as evidence of either S or N. Did I miss it?

    Sorry, other people, for perpetuating this argument.

  5. #75
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Strawman...

    Did anyone actually say that?

    I think most people just haven't seen enough data that would clearly differentiate between N and S. That's why everyone is skeptical -- there isn't enough data.
    Yeah... well, it's not that there's not enough data. It's that there's not enough data to convince people one way or the other, which is my general problem with typing her. I could give little pieces here and there but all I would be doing is swaying people whatever way I choose since I already know enough about typology to know exactly how they are going to respond to the small pieces of data. We would be swinging back and forth forever. Basically, I'm the only one in this thread who could figure out her internal motivations over just her speech and behaviors. It's like while I know her internal motivations and thoughts a lot of the time, I'm still a little bit on the line. Something just keeps landing me on ISFJ, but it's difficult to fully support it with evidence, and it's also difficult to fully support Ni as well. So if I keep talking, I'm going to leave people on the line just as much as I am.

    If I say something like, "well I think she is more of a traditionalist" or "more of a catalyst for change" etc., I know exactly how people are going to respond. So it's just silly. While I agree with lots of what has been said so far, I'm still the one who will always know the most and sometimes not even be able to say what I realize.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  6. #76
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    I just reread the thread any couldn't find anyone using going to church as evidence of either S or N. Did I miss it?

    Sorry, other people, for perpetuating this argument.
    I searched and the reference is gone. No matter, I don't need any kind of negative indirect evidence against Sensing when the Intuition is plain as day.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  7. #77
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,994

    Default

    I agree about internal motivations. Dressing in Catholic fashion can be just for show - or it can be for fun. Or a host of other reasons. Since I can't read her mind, I prefer to consider her hippiesque domicile as people really tend to express their true selves through their homes.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  8. #78
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default


  9. #79
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    ^ yeah basically.

    i think a good way of differentiating between Ni and Si users is to consider their general focus. the more Ni someone has, the more they tend to do that thousand-yard stare and zoning out to think outside time thing. whereas the more Si someone has, the more they tend to be present-engaged and have excellent short-term situational awareness.

Similar Threads

  1. Type my friend: ISFJ or INFJ?
    By SilentStream in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 11-04-2009, 07:30 AM
  2. Type My Friend
    By Mondo in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-03-2009, 08:55 PM
  3. Type my friend's mom!
    By KarenParker in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-03-2009, 06:20 PM
  4. Type My Friend!
    By defragmybrain in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-16-2009, 05:32 PM
  5. Can you type my friend?
    By LindseyLadybug in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-02-2009, 06:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO