User Tag List

First 678

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I'm not being accusatory, but this was interesting: "just because I don't want to get into the S/N literal/not literal crap." I'm afraid it is here that we part intellectual company, unless you don't really mean to say that the traditional S/N distinction, according to all the texts, is crap. But if you do really mean it and if it's truly crap, then I should just go ahead and throw away all my MBTI books and start over again.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    The kind of evidence that says going to church is an Si-dom trait is simply not applicable to actual church membership which consists of all kinds of types.
    Strawman...

Did anyone actually say that?

I think most people just haven't seen enough data that would clearly differentiate between N and S. That's why everyone is skeptical -- there isn't enough data.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Strawman...

I think most people just haven't seen enough data that would clearly differentiate between N and S. That's why everyone is skeptical -- there isn't enough data.
    Toward the top of the thread someone referenced the church-going activities. I came along after that post. In that one, I gave a detailed response which Shortn agreed with up to one point. Some of my response contained my observations about Intuition. The only point she disagreed with regarded HSN. But you know I don't consider HSN alone, that would be intellectual suicide.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Toward the top of the thread someone referenced the church-going activities. I came along after that post. In that one, I gave a detailed response which Shortn agreed with up to one point. Some of my response contained my observations about Intuition. The only point she disagreed with regarded HSN. But you know I don't consider HSN alone, that would be intellectual suicide.
    I just reread the thread any couldn't find anyone using going to church as evidence of either S or N. Did I miss it?

Sorry, other people, for perpetuating this argument.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Strawman...

Yeah... well, it's not that there's not enough data. It's that there's not enough data to convince people one way or the other, which is my general problem with typing her. I could give little pieces here and there but all I would be doing is swaying people whatever way I choose since I already know enough about typology to know exactly how they are going to respond to the small pieces of data. We would be swinging back and forth forever. Basically, I'm the only one in this thread who could figure out her internal motivations over just her speech and behaviors. It's like while I know her internal motivations and thoughts a lot of the time, I'm still a little bit on the line. Something just keeps landing me on ISFJ, but it's difficult to fully support it with evidence, and it's also difficult to fully support Ni as well. So if I keep talking, I'm going to leave people on the line just as much as I am.

If I say something like, "well I think she is more of a traditionalist" or "more of a catalyst for change" etc., I know exactly how people are going to respond. So it's just silly. While I agree with lots of what has been said so far, I'm still the one who will always know the most and sometimes not even be able to say what I realize.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I just reread the thread any couldn't find anyone using going to church as evidence of either S or N. Did I miss it?

Sorry, other people, for perpetuating this argument.
    I searched and the reference is gone. No matter, I don't need any kind of negative indirect evidence against Sensing when the Intuition is plain as day.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I agree about internal motivations. Dressing in Catholic fashion can be just for show - or it can be for fun. Or a host of other reasons. Since I can't read her mind, I prefer to consider her hippiesque domicile as people really tend to express their true selves through their homes.

Glycerine

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

^ yeah basically.

i think a good way of differentiating between Ni and Si users is to consider their general focus. the more Ni someone has, the more they tend to do that thousand-yard stare and zoning out to think outside time thing. whereas the more Si someone has, the more they tend to be present-engaged and have excellent short-term situational awareness.