User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Including your own "guess"?
    Of course! I am part of "anyone", aren't I?

It is just a small piece of the evidence I have presented, which you didn't read.
    No, I read it. I just think things that both types do all the time aren't good for distinguishing between them. It seemed like most of your points were in this category.

My points aren't great either, but I made clear that it's not obvious and I'm not sure.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Of course! I am part of "anyone", aren't I?

No, I read it. I just think things that both types do all the time aren't good for distinguishing between them. It seemed like most of your points were in this category.

My points aren't great either, but I made clear that it's not obvious and I'm not sure.
    Wow. Just wow.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Hm... I have a feeling that thinking on it isn't going to help me much in this case. I've thought it through probably too much at this point. My normal motto is just to give them S because it's more common, actually. Maybe someday she'll take the test again (she never actually told me her results, and never took the facebook one where results were publicized.) or maybe I'll have some kind of epiphany.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Hm... I have a feeling that thinking on it isn't going to help me much in this case. I've thought it through probably too much at this point. My normal motto is just to give them S because it's more common, actually. Maybe someday she'll take the test again (she never actually told me her results, and never took the facebook one where results were publicized.) or maybe I'll have some kind of epiphany.
    Just wow again...

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

"Your friend is clearly an INFJ" right off the top, and after this I wrote INFJ and iNtuitive a few times when commenting on parts of the OP.
    No one can "know" what type her friend is, from that description. An educated guess is all we have. 1) We have not read anything the friend has written, and even if we have, we can't "know" for a fact what type she is, irl. 2) We have never met the friend, or observed her. To believe that one can know clearly what type a person is from the description shortnsweet gave is absurd.

I'm glad shortnsweet is the questioning type, and she observes and questions before assuming she is correct.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    No one can "know" what type her friend is, from that description. An educated guess is all we have. 1) We have not read anything the friend has written,
    Yes we have.

and even if we have, we can't "know" for a fact what type she is, irl. 2) We have never met the friend, or observed her. To believe that one can know clearly what type a person is from the description shortnsweet gave is absurd.

I'm glad shortnsweet is the questioning type, and she observes and questions before assuming she is correct.
    According to Shortnsweet, the OP description should be good enough, and she complained when I used the blog entry also (as if this was too much unnecessary info).

My goal here is not to help anybody determine her type, but to practice good old-fashioned MBTI typing. Sure, I would like to be confronted with less knee-jerk skepticism, as if to say my call is wrong simply because I did not throw out all the JCF mumbo-jumbo that is rammed down everybody's throats nowadays.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Yes we have.

According to Shortnsweet, the OP description should be good enough, and she complained when I used the blog entry also (as if this was too much unnecessary info).

My goal here is not to help anybody determine her type, but to practice good old-fashioned MBTI typing. Sure, I would like to be confronted with less knee-jerk skepticism, as if to say my call is wrong simply because I did not throw out all the JCF mumbo-jumbo that is rammed down everybody's throats nowadays.
    Ok, you are right about one little thing, I just saw the blog. Big deal. My point being, that to believe with absolute certainty that you know this person well enough to know for sure what type they are is ridiculous. It has nothing to do with knee-jerk, so don't assume. It has to do with realizing I must observe anything more intensively than this thread can offer to "know for sure" as you determine.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Ok, you are right about one little thing, I just saw the blog. Big deal. My point being, that to believe with absolute certainty that you know this person well enough to know for sure what type they are is ridiculous. It has nothing to do with knee-jerk, so don't assume. It has to do with realizing I must observe anything more intensively than this thread can offer to "know for sure" as you determine.
    I wasn't talking about your jerking knee, so don't assume!

But since this is an internet forum, I'm taking a stand on most things. I don't usually do that, it's just the nature of this forum beast.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I wasn't talking about your jerking knee, so don't assume!
    I never did.

My point being, that acting as if you are right about something you can't possibly know for sure, as in this situation, is ridiculous.

End of story.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I never did.

My point being, that acting as if you are right about something you can't possibly know for sure, as in this situation, is ridiculous.

End of story.
    And why, pray tell, should I be different from most everybody else? Tell me. Please.