User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 79

  1. #21
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Since the blog entry indicates communication, here is a quote from LifeTypes on iNtuitive communication styles.

    "I am more likely to communicate like an iNtuitive and:

    Present my insights, concepts, and ideas first.
    Want to know the challenges and future opportunities that may be suggested by data.
    Rely on my hunches and imagination to embellish my points.
    Want others' suggestions to be novel, unusual, and challenging.
    Be roundabout in my approach to presentations.
    Refer to general concepts in my discussions.
    Digress from the agenda when it gets in the way at meetings.
    Use metaphors and analogies liberally."
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  2. #22
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I found an old funny ugly shoe blog she sent to my email a year or so ago, (I haven't read her blog in a while and have to sign in to look at it, so I just picked this one. Names changed to protect the innocent). The ISTJ sister was getting married.



    Edit: Kind of sarcastic/ funny- could appear to go with any SF type really it's all I can find - her writing is usually light and humorous overall.
    Sarcasm is more Thinking than Feeling. And it is more often found in iNtuitives (it is a type of irony.) So it's an NT trait usually. Sarcasm is “a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter jibe or taunt" (Wiki). I'm not certain I would call the blog entry 'sarcastic.' It sounds more like satire.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  3. #23
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Sarcasm is more Thinking than Feeling. And it is more often found in iNtuitives (it is a type of irony.) So it's an NT trait usually. Sarcasm is “a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter jibe or taunt" (Wiki). I'm not certain I would call the blog entry 'sarcastic.' It sounds more like satire.
    Um... I did mention a bit up that I agreed with that, I wasn't associating the sarcasm with isfj type, it was something I was just remarking on in general. We're not completely sarcastic people overall, more just ironic/ silly- (see xtranormal video- that's more of an accurate representation of our humor overall.)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  4. #24
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Your friend is clearly an INFJ. And thanks for the OP, as I was just looking for an opportunity to start practicing original non-JFC MBTI.

    "She was always hiding in a tree or in whatever current bedroom she had which was cleaned to perfection and almost sterile." Judicious.

    "She's an hsp, I introduced that one to her as soon as I learned it, and we both adopted it into our people-analysis conversations." INFJs are highly sensitive people. See this thread http://personalitycafe.com/infj-foru...ve-people.html

    'As a kid she was pretty judgmental of other religions and other people's ways in general, but grew out of it when she broke away from the house. She can still try to "help" and "motivate" people a little too intensely at times.' J, obviously. Also, the INFJ wants to be of service to others, thus the need to "help" and "motivate" them.

    'She had a bunch of super-religious Catholic friends for a while, (I honestly wasn't that close to her at the time) and now she's still a very devout catholic but lost the cliquey group, (who I accused of being "too religious, wearing doily veils on their head at mass and dressing their young children in table cloth dresses") and is out of state from them now and is making a group of new (more mainstream) Catholic friends and doesn't hold those intense values anymore.'

    Intensity of value-system indicates an introverted attitude toward intuition and an extraverted attitude toward feeling. (There's a little function analysis anyway.)

    Paragraph 9 (the longest one) indicates that your friend is the ANSIR Healer type. (Loves gardening and probably keeps a private journal or diary that you may not be aware of).

    I did not understand this: "Edit: Love languages in (tentative) order- words, acts, quality time, touch, gifts."

    "Mostly classical, opera, and country, and soft rock. Enjoys/enjoyed fantasy books like LOTR and the Hobbit. Star wars, Matrix amongst her favorite movies." Those appear to be iNtuitive likes.

    I don't see why she has to know her type before joining this forum. Is that in the FAQ?
    Thanks for this post, that sounds accurate for her, I think an isfj can be hsp though, since hsp's make up about 20 percent of the population supposedly. (That's the only thing I disagree with here.) Also, I think they can leave off the appearance of introverted intuitives but come in different shapes and forms.

    The reason I'd want her to know her type before joining the forum is because it's like clearly, the ones presented to her were wrong to her and therefore system invalid pretty much, or at least not of any use to her. I think it would be helpful if it seemed more whole and accurate.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Um... I did mention a bit up that I agreed with that, I wasn't associating the sarcasm with type.
    I didn't read the entire thread. But I'm not saying you associated sarcasm with type. I'm doing you a favor and working at an analysis which included the sarcasm idea which I took as one clue. And yes, I did work at it.

    There was much more to the idea that your friend is an iNtuitive that you should consider. Her ENTIRE BLOG ENTRY practically shrieks iNtuitive. Also consider the fact that she was not literally intending those shoes to be worn at the wedding. You know this, and that's why you called it a sarcastic entry (even though it is really satirical humor).
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  6. #26
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Thanks for this post, that sounds accurate for her, I think an isfj can be hsp though, since hsp's make up about 20 percent of the population supposedly. (That's the only thing I disagree with here.) Also, I think they can leave off the appearance of introverted intuitives but come in different shapes and forms.

    The reason I'd want her to know her type before joining the forum is because it's like clearly, the ones presented to her were wrong to her and therefore system invalid pretty much, or at least not of any use to her. I think it would be helpful if it seemed more whole and accurate.
    I would recommend she read the Socionics description of the INFJ at http://www.socionics.com/prof/infj.htm
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  7. #27
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    I didn't read the entire thread. But I'm not saying you associated sarcasm with type. I'm doing you a favor and working at an analysis which included the sarcasm idea which I took as one clue. And yes, I did work at it.

    There was much more to the idea that your friend is an iNtuitive that you should consider. Her ENTIRE BLOG ENTRY practically shrieks iNtuitive. Also consider the fact that she was not literally intending those shoes to be worn at the wedding. You know this, and that's why you called it a sarcastic entry (even though it is really satirical humor).
    uh... okay. Well, I'm not arguing with you on this one, just because I don't want to get into the S/N literal/not literal crap. But yeah, agreed that the mood of the entry wasn't serious.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  8. #28
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    uh... okay. Well, I'm not arguing with you on this one, just because I don't want to get into the S/N literal/not literal crap. But yeah, agreed that the mood of the entry wasn't serious.
    I know you agree 90% but I just want you to know that I expended some time and effort, and that I wasn't suggesting anything about your sarcasm observation. I did imply however that you should have looked into the sarcasm idea as a clue to typing your friend.

    As for being not serious, that kind of humor is really not the slap-stick Sensor type.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  9. #29
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Infj Humor page (jokes): http://www.infj.com/INFJ_Humor.htm
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  10. #30
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    I know you agree 90% but I just want you to know that I expended some time and effort, and that I wasn't suggesting anything about your sarcasm observation. I did imply however that you should have looked into the sarcasm idea as a clue to typing your friend.

    As for being not serious, that kind of humor is really not the slap-stick Sensor type.
    No, I know my friend.. I don't use "clues" from her blog entry to type her. I'm doing the best I can to give you the whole picture and I think you're focusing on the blog entry a bit much, where it was only a small focus for me- just a sample of her writing (and the only one I could access quickly.) Not disagreeing on the type, just disagreeing on the over focus on one blog entry that is a "clue" when I gave you a lot of information.

    As a side note, She and I both hate slap-stick humor, yes. (Will Farrell in particular.) But I don't think that's a screaming intuitive thing.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Similar Threads

  1. Type my friend: ISFJ or INFJ?
    By SilentStream in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 11-04-2009, 07:30 AM
  2. Type My Friend
    By Mondo in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-03-2009, 08:55 PM
  3. Type my friend's mom!
    By KarenParker in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-03-2009, 06:20 PM
  4. Type My Friend!
    By defragmybrain in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-16-2009, 05:32 PM
  5. Can you type my friend?
    By LindseyLadybug in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-02-2009, 06:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO