• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

It's a "type my friend" thread! Lots of info.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Since the blog entry indicates communication, here is a quote from LifeTypes on iNtuitive communication styles.

"I am more likely to communicate like an iNtuitive and:

Present my insights, concepts, and ideas first.
Want to know the challenges and future opportunities that may be suggested by data.
Rely on my hunches and imagination to embellish my points.
Want others' suggestions to be novel, unusual, and challenging.
Be roundabout in my approach to presentations.
Refer to general concepts in my discussions.
Digress from the agenda when it gets in the way at meetings.
Use metaphors and analogies liberally."

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I found an old funny ugly shoe blog she sent to my email a year or so ago, (I haven't read her blog in a while and have to sign in to look at it, so I just picked this one. Names changed to protect the innocent). The ISTJ sister was getting married.

Edit: Kind of sarcastic/ funny- could appear to go with any SF type really it's all I can find - her writing is usually light and humorous overall.

Sarcasm is more Thinking than Feeling. And it is more often found in iNtuitives (it is a type of irony.) So it's an NT trait usually. Sarcasm is “a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter jibe or taunt" (Wiki). I'm not certain I would call the blog entry 'sarcastic.' It sounds more like satire.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sarcasm is more Thinking than Feeling. And it is more often found in iNtuitives (it is a type of irony.) So it's an NT trait usually. Sarcasm is “a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter jibe or taunt" (Wiki). I'm not certain I would call the blog entry 'sarcastic.' It sounds more like satire.

Um... I did mention a bit up that I agreed with that, I wasn't associating the sarcasm with isfj type, it was something I was just remarking on in general. We're not completely sarcastic people overall, more just ironic/ silly- (see xtranormal video- that's more of an accurate representation of our humor overall.)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Your friend is clearly an INFJ. And thanks for the OP, as I was just looking for an opportunity to start practicing original non-JFC MBTI.

"She was always hiding in a tree or in whatever current bedroom she had which was cleaned to perfection and almost sterile." Judicious.

"She's an hsp, I introduced that one to her as soon as I learned it, and we both adopted it into our people-analysis conversations." INFJs are highly sensitive people. See this thread http://personalitycafe.com/infj-forum-protectors/15295-any-other-infjs-highly-sensitive-people.html

'As a kid she was pretty judgmental of other religions and other people's ways in general, but grew out of it when she broke away from the house. She can still try to "help" and "motivate" people a little too intensely at times.' J, obviously. Also, the INFJ wants to be of service to others, thus the need to "help" and "motivate" them.

'She had a bunch of super-religious Catholic friends for a while, (I honestly wasn't that close to her at the time) and now she's still a very devout catholic but lost the cliquey group, (who I accused of being "too religious, wearing doily veils on their head at mass and dressing their young children in table cloth dresses") and is out of state from them now and is making a group of new (more mainstream) Catholic friends and doesn't hold those intense values anymore.'

Intensity of value-system indicates an introverted attitude toward intuition and an extraverted attitude toward feeling. (There's a little function analysis anyway.)

Paragraph 9 (the longest one) indicates that your friend is the ANSIR Healer type. (Loves gardening and probably keeps a private journal or diary that you may not be aware of).

I did not understand this: "Edit: Love languages in (tentative) order- words, acts, quality time, touch, gifts."

"Mostly classical, opera, and country, and soft rock. Enjoys/enjoyed fantasy books like LOTR and the Hobbit. Star wars, Matrix amongst her favorite movies." Those appear to be iNtuitive likes.

I don't see why she has to know her type before joining this forum. Is that in the FAQ?

Thanks for this post, that sounds accurate for her, I think an isfj can be hsp though, since hsp's make up about 20 percent of the population supposedly. (That's the only thing I disagree with here.) Also, I think they can leave off the appearance of introverted intuitives but come in different shapes and forms.

The reason I'd want her to know her type before joining the forum is because it's like clearly, the ones presented to her were wrong to her and therefore system invalid pretty much, or at least not of any use to her. I think it would be helpful if it seemed more whole and accurate.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Um... I did mention a bit up that I agreed with that, I wasn't associating the sarcasm with type.

I didn't read the entire thread. But I'm not saying you associated sarcasm with type. I'm doing you a favor and working at an analysis which included the sarcasm idea which I took as one clue. And yes, I did work at it.

There was much more to the idea that your friend is an iNtuitive that you should consider. Her ENTIRE BLOG ENTRY practically shrieks iNtuitive. Also consider the fact that she was not literally intending those shoes to be worn at the wedding. You know this, and that's why you called it a sarcastic entry (even though it is really satirical humor).

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks for this post, that sounds accurate for her, I think an isfj can be hsp though, since hsp's make up about 20 percent of the population supposedly. (That's the only thing I disagree with here.) Also, I think they can leave off the appearance of introverted intuitives but come in different shapes and forms.

The reason I'd want her to know her type before joining the forum is because it's like clearly, the ones presented to her were wrong to her and therefore system invalid pretty much, or at least not of any use to her. I think it would be helpful if it seemed more whole and accurate.

I would recommend she read the Socionics description of the INFJ at http://www.socionics.com/prof/infj.htm

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I didn't read the entire thread. But I'm not saying you associated sarcasm with type. I'm doing you a favor and working at an analysis which included the sarcasm idea which I took as one clue. And yes, I did work at it.

There was much more to the idea that your friend is an iNtuitive that you should consider. Her ENTIRE BLOG ENTRY practically shrieks iNtuitive. Also consider the fact that she was not literally intending those shoes to be worn at the wedding. You know this, and that's why you called it a sarcastic entry (even though it is really satirical humor).

uh... okay. Well, I'm not arguing with you on this one, just because I don't want to get into the S/N literal/not literal crap. But yeah, agreed that the mood of the entry wasn't serious.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
uh... okay. Well, I'm not arguing with you on this one, just because I don't want to get into the S/N literal/not literal crap. But yeah, agreed that the mood of the entry wasn't serious.

I know you agree 90% but I just want you to know that I expended some time and effort, and that I wasn't suggesting anything about your sarcasm observation. I did imply however that you should have looked into the sarcasm idea as a clue to typing your friend.

As for being not serious, that kind of humor is really not the slap-stick Sensor type.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I know you agree 90% but I just want you to know that I expended some time and effort, and that I wasn't suggesting anything about your sarcasm observation. I did imply however that you should have looked into the sarcasm idea as a clue to typing your friend.

As for being not serious, that kind of humor is really not the slap-stick Sensor type.

No, I know my friend.. I don't use "clues" from her blog entry to type her. I'm doing the best I can to give you the whole picture and I think you're focusing on the blog entry a bit much, where it was only a small focus for me- just a sample of her writing (and the only one I could access quickly.) Not disagreeing on the type, just disagreeing on the over focus on one blog entry that is a "clue" when I gave you a lot of information.

As a side note, She and I both hate slap-stick humor, yes. (Will Farrell in particular.) But I don't think that's a screaming intuitive thing.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
And like I said, if you want a fuller vision of the overall humor, see the xtranormal video/ my posts to Saturned instead. (It's one of those jokes that never gets old.) Still not literal or slap stick humor, a bit more comprehensive of a "clue" though.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, I know my friend.. I don't use "clues" from her blog entry to type her. I'm doing the best I can to give you the whole picture and I think you're focusing on the blog entry a bit much, where it was only a small focus for me- just a sample of her writing (and the only one I could access quickly.) Not disagreeing on the type, just disagreeing on the over focus on one blog entry that is a "clue" when I gave you a lot of information.

As a side note, She and I both hate slap-stick humor, yes. (Will Farrell in particular.) But I don't think that's a screaming intuitive thing.

This is where the discussion always involves a huge debate or screaming match. So I'll just skip this part and state that I paid equal attention to the OP and the blog entry. I just didn't see as much iNtuition in the OP description.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is where the discussion always involves a huge debate. So I'll just skip this part and state that I paid equal attention to the OP and the blog entry. I just didn't see as much iNtuition in the OP description.

The OP description is more important than the blog entry... It gives you more of a picture than the blog entry. I don't want people to go through this thread looking for examples of intuition, I want her to be typed accurately regardless of what it is!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The OP description is more important than the blog entry... It gives you more of a picture than the blog entry.

What it gives is your representation of your friend. I've learned to consider both important. I want to see an example from that person, I want to know what other people have to say about that person. In other words, I want all the evidence I can get.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What it gives is your representation of your friend. I've learned to consider both important. I want to see an example from that person, I want to know what other people have to say about that person. In other words, I want all the evidence I can get.

That's good, take all the evidence, but the OP gives a clearer picture than anything else that you'll read. It is the most important piece of evidence, everything else is just zoning in and possibly adjusting the view a little bit. Like the big view on a microscope followed by the small view on a microscope.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
An INFJ writes:

"Your result for The 3 Variable Funny Test ...
the Ham

(24% dark, 54% spontaneous, 16% vulgar) your humor style:
CLEAN | SPONTANEOUS | LIGHT

Your style's goofy, innocent and feel-good. Perfect for parties and for the dads who chaperone them. You can actually get away with corny jokes, and I bet your sense of humor is a guilty pleasure for your friends. People of your type are often the most approachable and popular people in their circle. Your simple & silly good-naturedness is immediately recognizable, and it sets you apart in this sarcastic world.

PEOPLE LIKE YOU: Will Ferrell - Will Smith

This doesn't really describe me at all. I have a very dark sense of humour. Plus I hate Will Ferrell with a passion."

http://www.infjs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3254

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

That's good, take all the evidence, but the OP gives a clearer picture than anything else that you'll read. It is the most important piece of evidence, everything else is just zoning in and possibly adjusting the view a little bit. Like the big view on a microscope followed by the small view on a microscope.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I did get INFJ from the OP. But someone asked for even more personal info. Why is that?

redacted

She seems ISFJ. (I was going to say ESFJ originally... she kinda reminds me of my ESFJ friend who is also brilliant.)

As for INFJ, does she obsess about abstract theories? Ni-doms are usually pretty easy to spot if you get them going about something theoretical.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I did get INFJ from the OP. But someone asked for even more personal info. Why is that?

Okay, that's good. All I meant was that if you got INFJ from OP and humor solidified your answer, it's fine. If she was an ISFJ and a sudden INFJ from the blog entry, I would be skeptical.