User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Default What's the point of being here if I can't find out my type?

I don't know if this is the correct area of the forum to post this, sorry if it isn't.

But basically, I can't decide on a type, and in general I'm hopelessly indecisive so I'm not sure if I will choose one any time in the near future.

So what good is it being in a forum where a large theme is the discussion of your type? I mean it is Typology central...

I feel like I'm just wasting my time here if I don't know what I am. Is that the case?

We are all mistyped. The forum still works. Just pick something and play along.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Mistyped and misunderstood, thats what keeps the conversations flowing.
    Oh and general wrongness, and idiots.
    Etc

Theres a lot more to add but...you get the picture.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    I don't know if this is the correct area of the forum to post this, sorry if it isn't.

But basically, I can't decide on a type, and in general I'm hopelessly indecisive so I'm not sure if I will choose one any time in the near future.

So what good is it being in a forum where a large theme is the discussion of your type? I mean it is Typology central...

I feel like I'm just wasting my time here if I don't know what I am. Is that the case?
    what good is it to worry so much about which types you are? MBTI is just one model out of dozens. It's a model created by two women who had no fucking idea what was going on, except they once read a book by Jung and decided they could make some $$$ and get laid by ripping off Jung's interpretation of humorism. You'd be better off by just using this: http://www.helloquizzy.com/tests/tim...rpersonal-grid

editt: Not the "test", just the fuking interpersonal grid. test looks lame.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

Don't ask what your typology can do for you, but what you can do for your Typology. seriously, rather than seeking an image of your supposed identity in what was written about typology, try to emobody your abstract understanding of any function and see how far you can get with that or what side effects/imbalances may come up. any understaning is good enough for an experiment, as long as it can be braught to life at all, which implies that there is some intrinsic reality to it. doing so contributes to your individuation and selfawareness and it can contribute to collective understanding of typology (if you report about your sucess and failure). typology is all about manifesting a potential. types are as much created, as they are observed, except creation isn't as effortles as observation and observation doesn't do the job of creation. you can only understand typology to the degree you can be it. other forms of understanding are delusional.

as for the forum.. its good for wasting time, no?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post

That didn't take long.

Do you understand your proclivity for hopeless indecisiveness? No? Well, there are many people on here that know more than us and if you read and participate there is much to learn. Typology is just a theme that brought us to the door. It is certainly not what keeps many of us here. If you are interested in the workings and hypotheses behind interpersonal and internal interactions as they pertain to personality than stick around and learn. I am sure most of us could find something more productive to do with their time, however, we are enjoying the process of peeling back the layers.
    INTJ 5w4 sx/sp 584 ILI-Ni

All Natural! All Good!

I stay here for the interesting discussions. As you can see from my type field all I know is that I'm a Pe dom. I don't really care abut finding my type right now. It is possible to discuss type without needing to know your own. Not to mention all the non-type discussions here.
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

There are a lot of people here that don't know their type. Don't worry about it...
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    We are all mistyped. The forum still works. Just pick something and play along.
    Best post I have seen in ages.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by earthtrekker1775 View Post
    That didn't take long.
    Despite how my post sounded, I'm not thinking of leaving. It just seemed absurd to me that I was hanging out on a forum all about typology when I didn't know my type, and I wanted other people's opinion on the matter.