User Tag List

First 123 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    Despite how my post sounded, I'm not thinking of leaving. It just seemed absurd to me that I was hanging out on a forum all about typology when I didn't know my type, and I wanted other people's opinion on the matter.
    Another's opinion of your personality is useless because this isn't a science in which all of us are using the same instruments to measure the same things - it's a forum with lots of different people with a variety of instruments attempting to ascertain objective fact(which does't exist) through their personal/biased/prejudiced reality tunnels. It's true that people may be able to help you; But, you need to know the basic rules of the system(whichever personality type model you're interested in) and become familiar with your "true self"(not the idealized self we project to others). It seems that you are unfamiliar with the system. Learn about it first, ask questions when questions arise, know yourself and don't take it too seriously.

“Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by LEGERdeMAIN View Post
    Another's opinion of your personality is useless because this isn't a science in which all of us are using the same instruments to measure the same things - it's a forum with lots of different people with a variety of instruments attempting to ascertain objective fact(which does't exist) through their personal/biased/prejudiced reality tunnels. It's true that people may be able to help you; But, you need to know the basic rules of the system(whichever personality type model you're interested in) and become familiar with your "true self"(not the idealized self we project to others). It seems that you are unfamiliar with the system. Learn about it first, ask questions when questions arise, know yourself and don't take it too seriously.

Actually I meant I was wondering how people felt about me hanging out on the forum without a type. I guess it was kind of a dumb question I guess.

I'm most likely an INFP, but the type I identify with changes so often that I tend to question the relevance of even having a type.

Actually I meant I was wondering how people felt about me hanging out on the forum without a type. I guess it was kind of a dumb question I guess.

I'm most likely an INFP, but the type I identify with changes so often that I tend to question the relevance of even having a type.
    Lots of people here don't have a type and I don't think anyone would mind whether you're an XXXX, INFP, WILD, ETC, ETC.

Usually people find the label that fits best most of the time, your type isn't DNA, it's the result of ever-changing chemical reactions within your skull. If you like INFP and it seems to be close to how you perceive yourself, maybe you can stick with it for awhile until you've changed enough to switch types. Regardless of what the Cultists say, type isn't something you're stuck with for life. Change your diet, your surroundings and sleeping habits or anything else that your brain must adjust to and you've changed yourself. Based on your posts in this thread, I perceive you as operating primarily on the second level of the Eight Circuit Model, the Emotional-Anal-Territorial Circuit. Do you drink alcohol?
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Usually people find the label that fits best most of the time, your type isn't DNA, it's the result of ever-changing chemical reactions within your skull. If you like INFP and it seems to be close to how you perceive yourself, maybe you can stick with it for awhile until you've changed enough to switch types. Regardless of what the Cultists say, type isn't something you're stuck with for life. Change your diet, your surroundings and sleeping habits or anything else that your brain must adjust to and you've changed yourself. Based on your posts in this thread, I perceive you as operating primarily on the second level of the Eight Circuit Model, the Emotional-Anal-Territorial Circuit. Do you drink alcohol?
    That was actually a really nice response.

No I don't drink. It would it be illegal for me to do so, and I probably wouldn't consider it even were that not the case.

I don't know if this is the correct area of the forum to post this, sorry if it isn't.

But basically, I can't decide on a type, and in general I'm hopelessly indecisive so I'm not sure if I will choose one any time in the near future.

So what good is it being in a forum where a large theme is the discussion of your type? I mean it is Typology central...

I feel like I'm just wasting my time here if I don't know what I am. Is that the case?
    I felt the same way about my type. I seriously could not stick with type for longer than a month because I kept having doubts and continued researching and analyzing constantly. I felt like there would be no point in typology if I couldn't use it to figure out my own type (though I think I might actually have chosen the right type this time, finally (maybe )). Actually, thinking about why finding my type was so important to me helped me figure out my enneagram type.

Anyways, no one is going to shun you for not having chosen a type. A lot of members don't know what type they are, but maybe that's part of the reason they're here? In my opinion, you learn more from doubt than from certainty.

ReflecTcelfeR

I've changed my type close to at least a hundred times…… And I will keep changing it, because I will keep changing.

Look at the Jungian cognitive process and see if they offer any insight. You will have inherent preferences for certain functions; once you can ascertain which functions you prefer to use, you'll start getting a better picture of your type:

http://www.keys2cognition.com/cgjung.htm

For the record, you aren't alone. I very recently (within the past few weeks) discovered I'm an INFJ after thinking I was an I/ENFP for two years. It was a rather confusing time to say the least, but learning the actual processes behind the MBTI really makes all the difference; once I started getting a hang of those (and letting go of the stereotypical descriptions of functions and types, i.e. 'All Ps are messy and unstructured, all Js are hyper-organised) a very clear picture began to form. Good luck with it - self discovery can be a fascinating journey. Just don't let it consume you like it did me. Ni/Ti loops aren't a lot of fun, I assure you.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

I've been here for a while, and it's taken me a longggggg time find my type. Id say that its been worth it. For a long time it was probably more for entertainment value, but each time I got closer to my actual type the stuff I was able to glean became more helpful. As for if you shoukd stay... Id say it comes down to whether you like message boards or not...

MBTI is just one model out of dozens. It's a model created by two women who had no fucking idea what was going on, except they once read a book by Jung and decided they could make some $$$ and get laid by ripping off Jung's interpretation of humorism.
    Lol. That's one way of looking at it.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

First of all, you can talk about type for fun without knowing your own. Second of all, this is the worst place to find out your type. As far as I'm concerned, the only one who can figure out your type is you- (and maybe a few in life closest to you.) Consider all internet strangers inaccurate and confused.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.