User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    Pfft, when it comes to most of them I pretty much don't relate to anything... Well, it seems that way sometimes.

To be more specific, it's usually the overwhelming theme of being a caring person. I mean I'm no monster, but more often than not I am pretty indifferent to people, and I often come across as insensitive. In addition "Sees the good in everything" seems to be a recurring theme, which totally made me laugh. I'm, unfortunately, one of the most paranoid, cold, cynical people you will meet. Finally depending on how you look at it the whole "do the right thing" theme I often object to. I do what feels right for me, unfortunately, this is not always what would be considered ethical, or for that matter, even moral... Oh, and I get irritated pretty easily.

However, there is this one description that is kind of an anomaly...
    http://similarminds.com/jung/infp.html
    In that one there are only one or two things that I don't identify with...
    Your description looks pretty much the stereotype of INFP. By all accounts.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Don't fret too much over typing yourself, it's not really worth the intricate effort if all it does is lead to confusion and frustration. If Fi is your strongest function followed by Ne, then your INFP, regardless of what the descriptions say; just remember that like types, the descriptions themselves are completely man-made constructs, and thus aren't objectively real.
    Well if that's how it works than I guess I am INFP seeing as how results like this are common for me.

Actually, now that I look at it, that isn't really a good example...

Fi followed by Ni? What on earth is that? According to that test I'm my own type?... Maybe I'm just too messed up to type or something... Heh-heh.

Also, thank you for the welcome.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Your description looks pretty much the stereotype of INFP. By all accounts.
    Really? Huh, I actually didn't think so.

By the way, I know I'm posting a lot in my own thread, and I'm sorry about that (Some forums don't like it when you do that for some reason, I don't know if this is one of them.) I'm just really trying to figure this out... I had myself convinced I was an INTP for a long time, and that wasn't a fun belief to undo...

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Well if that's how it works than I guess I am INFP seeing as how results like this are common for me.

Actually, now that I look at it, that isn't really a good example...

Fi followed by Ni? What on earth is that? According to that test I'm my own type?... Maybe I'm just too messed up to type or something... Whatever.
    An Fi-Ni user would be either INTJ or ISFP with a weak/unused auxiliry extravert function. Although INFP for you does seem the most likely and don't worry, you'r not messed up, Typology is

Also, thank you for the welcome.
    Sure thing, also, I like your avatar

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Try not to get too concerned with it. At the end of the day, it's just four letters, and really they don't say anything about you as a person, only about the person who created the system.

That being said, try considering INTJ or ISFP rather than INFP. An INTJ at a sticky or troubling place in life can look quite a bit like an IxFP, due to limited control over their emotions.
    1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Not relating to the type descriptions is very common because: 1. They were written in relation to Myeres-Briggs dichotomy types, thus not based off of Jung's functions, and 2. They're written more like shitty stereotypes (i.e.: all INFP's are fluffy bunnies who suck at logic, INTP's are lazy genius nerds, INTJ's are virgin chessmasters, etc.).

My advice, ignore Myeres-Briggs completely, and don't over-analyze descriptions, rather just focus on what function you use.
    Wait. So now you are an INTJ? Haha!

I don't think the descriptions are that bad. It might take a while to figure out what you are (as it did for me). Step 2 is the best assessment IMO but it costs about $90.

I don't consider MBTI to be separate from cognitive functions at all really since that is originally what it was based on - the ordering of cognitive functions that you have. It got simplified/bastardized for the masses in later books, but the origin was with Jung's work. You can see this if you read Gifts Differing carefully.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Wait. So now you are an INTJ? Haha!
    Beleive it or not, I am INTJ! At least an Ni-Fi INTJ with tert level Te

I don't think the descriptions are that bad. It might take a while to figure out what you are (as it did for me). Step 2 is the best assessment IMO but it costs about $90.
    True, some of them are fairly decent, but if the descriptions are based off of dichotomies then they're not describing how functions manifest in people (which is a crucial difference between Myeres-Briggs and JCF). Also, $90 for a personality assessment? Ick

I don't consider MBTI to be separate from cognitive functions at all really since that is originally what it was based on - the ordering of cognitive functions that you have. It got simplified/bastardized for the masses in later books, but the origin was with Jung's work. You can see this if you read Gifts Differing carefully.
    In that regard, I may have to look into this 'Gifts Differing'; a Myeres-Briggs that actually resembles Jung's functions sounds intruiging to say the least.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Beleive it or not, I am INTJ! At least an Ni-Fi INTJ with tert level Te

True, some of them are fairly decent, but if the descriptions are based off of dichotomies then they're not describing how functions manifest in people (which is a crucial difference between Myeres-Briggs and JCF). Also, $90 for a personality assessment? Ick

In that regard, I may have to look into this 'Gifts Differing'; a Myeres-Briggs that actually resembles Jung's functions sounds intruiging to say the least.
    Note the function table by Isabel Myers in the Wikipedia entry here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jungian...tive_functions

You could be an INTJ, but to be honest, I have my doubts.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Note the function table by Isabel Myers in the Wikipedia entry here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jungian...tive_functions
    Oh cool, I'll be sure to check this out, thanks.

You could be an INTJ, but to be honest, I have my doubts.
    Your not alone in your doubts.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

To be more specific, it's usually the overwhelming theme of being a caring person. I mean I'm no monster, but more often than not I am pretty indifferent to people, and I often come across as insensitive.
    So you see people indifference and the appearance of insensitivity as contradictory to being a caring person? I can see how that would throw you off then. Those things are also pretty common for INFPs but it is more uncommon to not have at least one thing that they have a deep caring for (and it's also common for this to be a concept 'thing').

In addition "Sees the good in everything" seems to be a recurring theme, which totally made me laugh. I'm, unfortunately, one of the most paranoid, cold, cynical people you will meet.
    Yeah those parts of the descriptions are just wrong I think it's almost a requirement for INFPs to be cynics of sorts...

Finally depending on how you look at it the whole "do the right thing" theme I often object to. I do what feels right for me, unfortunately, this is not always what would be considered ethical, or for that matter, even moral... Oh, and I get irritated pretty easily.
    This seems pretty Fi of you Doing the right thing doesn't always = doing what appears to be ethical

Fi followed by Ni? What on earth is that?
    LOL.... the tests don't give you your function orders but sometimes they can give you clues. So, what this says is that you relate most to their description of Fi by far, and second to their description of Ni. So good chance of IxFP. But then let's check that your second most-relatable perceiving function is Ne....... and it is. Which probably means I can use the simple explanation of...your I preference is strong enough that you don't relate strongly to any E function.

In other words, your results are very typical of INFP. And I haven't seen anything at all to contradict that yet, so that it is what I am voting until I change my mind again

An Fi-Ni user would be either INTJ or ISFP with a weak/unused auxiliry extravert function.
    This brings up a good question: does anyone past the age of 16 truly have a very weak or unused aux. function?