• ISTP

0 0%
  • INTJ

0 0%
  • ISTJ

1 4.55%
12311 Last

Default What type do you think I am?

This is hard. I can't figure out my type because I can't figure out my functions (I seem to prefer all the introverted ones), and none of the type descriptions fit me very well. The ISFP descriptions seem to fit me slightly better than the INFP ones, though it depends on which ones I look at.

I took 9 different tests yesterday and got these results:
    ISFP
    ISTP
    ISTx
    ISxx
    ISFP
    INTP
    ISTJ
    IxFx
    INTP

Though I used to always get INFP or INTP every time. I guess it's because I've realized I'm not really as possibility-oriented as I used to think.

Anyways, here's some information about me:

-I consider myself more abstract than concrete and relate more to most descriptions of intuition than sensing
    -I'm usually very oblivious to my surroundings because I'm always daydreaming, which can make me clumsy at times :P
    -I'm not at all athletic and don't seem to have one ounce of Se in me
    -I don't really relate to what I've read about Ne either; I like to go deep with ideas, not wide
    -I don't have any strong personal convictions
    -I would never try to force my beliefs or opinion on anyone else
    -I'm usually not very aware of other people and what they might be thinking or feeling
    -I am extremely introverted, so even if I had Fe, I probably wouldn't be able to tell :P
    -I'm generally very open-minded and receptive
    -I procrastinate often, though I always get things done on time
    -I don't like to make detailed plans well in advance; I prefer to figure out a general time to do something closer to the deadline
    -I'm very indecisive and self-doubting, though I don't mind making decisions (it's just that I usually don't have a preference)
    -I'd say I probably feel more comfortable after I've made a decision
    -I don't mind doing things I've already done before, so I can end up falling into routine or spending hours everyday doing the same thing (Si?)
    -I almost always make decisions with my head (unless that decision involves procrastinating because I don't feel like doing my homework at the moment :P)
    -I'm good at analyzing things, though I don't analyze EVERY single thing, only things that are important to me (like my type)
    -I'm very agreeable and I'm careful not to offend or upset anyone
    -I am absolutely terrible at remembering names and faces and details of people's lives
    -I'm pretty much a loner because I don't like socializing and find it boring and pointless, since people only seem to talk about superficial things
    -I usually use more smileys than this
    -I think bananas are delicious, by the way
    -Especially in the form of banana cream pie
    -Oh, and don't make assumptions based on my function order in my signature, because it may not be accurate

And here's another thing. I'm questioning whether I'm really a Fi user because when I read things like "Every encounter and every piece of knowledge gained gets sifted through the INFP's value system", that really doesn't sound like me. I wonder if I even have a value system. I mean, there are things I like and things I dislike, and things I wouldn't do because it would be mean or immoral, but is that really a "value system"? And the way they describe it, it sounds like Fi-doms are constantly evaluating the worth of things and comparing to their personal values, which I really can't relate to. Or at least if I do do that, it's not a conscious process.

MBTI
    free

I'm going to shoot for XTP based on the manner you analyse and question things, and based on your sheer randomness towards the end.

If not, shoot me for being another statistic of your long-cat poll : P

Enneagram
    5w4

Could you please explain your understanding of Se?
    5w4
    Reserved RCUEI

Enneagram
    5w4

Also, if I may ask, what does being (extremely) introverted have to do with recognising Fe?
    5w4
    Reserved RCUEI

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I haven't voted, because I'm not sure. From your posts that I've read you seem like an ISFP or INFP, though.

Ok, a few more questions:

1. What do you find yourself thinking about most of the time?
    2. Have you ever considered yourself a thinker (as opposed to a feeler)? Why and why not?
    3. How certain are you about your Enneagram type? What about your instinctual variants?
    4. What are some of the things that you like about being you? What about the things you don't like?
    5. Do you get angry? What happened the last time you got angry?

4w5 sp/sx EII

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzy View Post
    Could you please explain your understanding of Se?
    In my understanding, Se is about living and acting in the moment and being in touch with your surroundings and your senses. I'm not really living in the present, or the past or future for that matter. I'm sort of temporally removed, thinking and daydreaming about various things. I'm also pretty oblivious to my surroundings and what's going on around me, and I don't like any kind of activities involving a lot of physical activity.

I've also read that Se, as opposed to Si, has more of a wide focus when observing and taking in visual input. Se wants to see everything that's there, whereas Si wants to focus in on certain things, I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzy View Post
    Also, if I may ask, what does being (extremely) introverted have to do with recognising Fe?
    Well, I'm kind of a recluse, so I don't socialize much. I'm not sure how you can recognize Fe without being around other people. And when I am around other people, I'm really disengaged and not focused on what others might be feeling, but I think that could be caused by extreme introversion (and lack of social experience) rather than a lack of Fe. Now, I can use Fe, and can even use it reasonably well, but I have to try really hard because it's not natural to me. I have to force myself to be more extraverted.

Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    I haven't voted, because I'm not sure. From your posts that I've read you seem like an ISFP or INFP, though.

Ok, a few more questions:

Lately I think about my current emotional state and situation, TC, trying to figure out my mbti type, wondering if I could really be a 5 instead of a 9, deciding whether enchiladas are really worth waiting in a really long line for, looking at the clock and thinking "kill me now" because class seems never-ending, thinking about how it's really cold outside and I should have worn something warmer, etc.

2. Have you ever considered yourself a thinker (as opposed to a feeler)? Why and why not?

I used to be typed as INTP for about a month. I couldn't decide whether I used Ti or Fi more, but then I decided that I seem to use Te more than Ti, which had me leaning toward INFP with Fi and Te. But I'm strongly considering again that I might be a T type because I don't feel particularly Fi right now.

3. How certain are you about your Enneagram type? What about your instinctual variants?

I'd say I'm about 70% sure about my enneatype. It's possible I could be a 5. I'm positive about my instinctual variant though. I don't relate at all to So, but Sp/So is really the only possible one for me since it turns out I'm asexual. :P

4. What are some of the things that you like about being you? What about the things you don't like?

I like that I'm open-minded and easy to get along with. I don't like that I'm extremely introverted and a loner/recluse, I'm selfish, lazy, boring, and not particularly intellectual.

Usually I rarely get angry. Lately I feel angry more often, but never show it.

I should also mention that I looked at descriptions of INFP, ISFP, and INTP and did the bolding and crossing out thing. For INFP, a lot more was crossed out than bolded. For ISFP it was about half and half, and for INTP a lot was bolded and I only crossed out a small amount. So it seems the INTP description fits me best, though I only looked at one set of descriptions, so that may not be enough to decide based on.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I think your original post sounds pretty 9-ish -- the routine thing might not be Si, but a 9's "comfort zone"? My boyfriend is an INFP 9w1, and he pretty much does the same things every day.

Quote Originally Posted by RevlisZero View Post

Lately I think about my current emotional state and situation, TC, trying to figure out my mbti type, wondering if I could really be a 5 instead of a 9, deciding whether enchiladas are really worth waiting in a really long line for, looking at the clock and thinking "kill me now" because class seems never-ending, thinking about how it's really cold outside and I should have worn something warmer, etc.
    I don't think a thinker would ever be thinking about that (and putting it first) -- F
    The rest is interesting, as you seem to be concerned with both identity and real-world stuff -- perhaps N but not so strong?

I used to be typed as INTP for about a month. I couldn't decide whether I used Ti or Fi more, but then I decided that I seem to use Te more than Ti, which had me leaning toward INFP with Fi and Te. But I'm strongly considering again that I might be a T type because I don't feel particularly Fi right now.
    I don't think it's a good idea to start with the functions, because they can be quite confusing, and the descriptions available on the internet aren't always the best ones. Why do you think you use Te?

I'd say I'm about 70% sure about my enneatype. It's possible I could be a 5. I'm positive about my instinctual variant though. I don't relate at all to So, but Sp/So is really the only possible one for me since it turns out I'm asexual. :P
    What do you mean by 'asexual'? Does that mean you don't feel attraction towards anybody?
    You sound like a 9 though, especially with all the uncertainty about what type you are.

I like that I'm open-minded and easy to get along with. I don't like that I'm extremely introverted and a loner/recluse, I'm selfish, lazy, boring, and not particularly intellectual.
    9. You sound like my ISFP friend

Usually I rarely get angry. Lately I feel angry more often, but never show it.
    Well, could be anything...

I still feel that you seem too gentle-spirited to be a thinker, so I still think either ISFP or INFP. Would you mind sharing what parts you agree or don't agree with about the INFP, ISFP and INTP descriptions? Just cut and paste the whole thing and cross out the parts you don't agree with.

Sorry -- I'm not great at typing people so I'm probably not really helping here
    4w5 sp/sx EII

I think your original post sounds pretty 9-ish -- the routine thing might not be Si, but a 9's "comfort zone"? My boyfriend is an INFP 9w1, and he pretty much does the same things every day.
    INFP's have Si. I think I could have Si, though probably not as a dominant function because there's still a lot about Si that doesn't fit me.

Si
    - Comfortable doing the same things over an over again
    - (Fi-Si loop) Recall stupid things I did in the past and feel like an idiot
    - Enjoy watching movies I've already seen before, sometimes more than watching new movies

Si that doesn't fit me
    - Tradition & history
    - Mementos, photo albums, collections for memory
    - Good memory for detail
    - (Fi-Si) Analyze past experience to figure out what made me feel a certain way
    - Look at past experience to find solutions

I don't think a thinker would ever be thinking about that (and putting it first) -- F
    The rest is interesting, as you seem to be concerned with both identity and real-world stuff -- perhaps N but not so strong?
    I don't think that's true that a thinker wouldn't ever be thinking about feelings. The T/F dichotomy isn't one or the other, it's a continuum, and I'm probably somewhere in the middle. Anyways, the main reason I spend so much time thinking about my feelings is that I've been slightly depressed lately...

I don't think it's a good idea to start with the functions, because they can be quite confusing, and the descriptions available on the internet aren't always the best ones. Why do you think you use Te?
    Mostly because of the Ti and Te thread I started a while back. I seemed to side more with the Te perspective. Also, @Vizzy sees Te in me.

What do you mean by 'asexual'? Does that mean you don't feel attraction towards anybody?
    You sound like a 9 though, especially with all the uncertainty about what type you are.
    Specifically, I'm a heteroromantic asexual, meaning that I want a relationship but don't experience sexual attraction. I can be aesthetically attracted, just not sexually.

I still feel that you seem too gentle-spirited to be a thinker, so I still think either ISFP or INFP. Would you mind sharing what parts you agree or don't agree with about the INFP, ISFP and INTP descriptions? Just cut and paste the whole thing and cross out the parts you don't agree with.

Sorry -- I'm not great at typing people so I'm probably not really helping here
    Sure, just give me a bit to do all the bolding and crossing out. And don't worry about it, I appreciate your help!