• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type do you think I am?

What type am I?

• Total voters

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
A lot of people can't relate to the INFP descriptions because they seem all too soft and fluffy. They make INFPs sound like high-minded creatures who wander around the world in
blessed bliss and dream about making the world a better place. That's not true at all!

Since the profiles obviously fall short, I'll give my (pretty subjective) impression of the types:

INFPs tend to be:
- gentle, kind and extremely sensitive
- interested in aesthetics, the abstract, theories
- sensitive to how other people are feeling, and can most of the time sense a good or bad vibe but might not know how to deal with those feelings
- sympathetic to the 'underdog'
- sometimes moody and just want to be left alone
- sometimes perceived as 'aloof', 'moody', 'unfriendly' by strangers

INTPs tend to be:
- very analytical and critical of things that are 'stupid'/'pointless'
- interested in many things and pursue many interests, but mostly just for the sake of knowing and not putting it to use in real life
- rather defensive when their ideas are attacked
- sometimes oblivious to how other people are feeling, and usually don't feel personally bothered by other people's negative emotions (except perhaps think they are annoying)
- sometimes perceived as 'cynical' and 'uncaring' (but in the shruggy 'flippant' way, not the 'cold and heartless' way) by strangers

Of course, it doesn't mean that the characteristics of each type are mutually exclusive. It doesn't mean an INFP cannot be analytical, or an INTP cannot be sensitive. These are just the overall impression I get from each type. INFPs and INTPs, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong :blush:

Of course, your Enneagram type also affects your personality. INFP 5s are generally more academic and tend to identify strongly with the Thinking preference. INTP 9s are more gentle and in harmony with their environment and are less confrontational.

Don't mean to hijack this thread, this is about Revlis's type and not mine but just wanted to put in my two cents here since I'm also struggling with the T/F part. I think more people suggest that I'm INTP but I know there's a few on the forum who have thought INFP is a better fit (and a few who think neither).

I identify alot with both of the above descriptions. Even the part about wanting to make the world a better place although I don't think that's exclusive to INFP! I'm not sure how friendly I appear to others. I think I do come across as reserved and maybe somewhat aloof to others but I don't know about unfriendly. At least I try not to appear that way to others. I'm sensitive yes, but I don't know about being *extremely* so. That's a strong word.

For the INTP description, I don't relate to the part about not personally being bothered by others' negative emotions. Others negative emotions bother me alot and can be hard to tune out. I'm almost never perceived as cynical or uncaring either. At least I try hard not to come across that way. Everything else under INTP fits me very well.

I am very close on 5/9 so that could be a problem. I relate a lot to both types. If I'm INFP, I'm more 5ish than average. If I'm INTP, I'm more 9ish than average.

Since this thread is about RevlisZero's type, I do think she's most likely an INFP.

Silveresque

Don't mean to hijack this thread, this is about Revlis's type and not mine but just wanted to put in my two cents here since I'm also struggling with the T/F part. I think more people suggest that I'm INTP but I know there's a few on the forum who have thought INFP is a better fit (and a few who think neither).

I identify alot with both of the above descriptions. Even the part about wanting to make the world a better place although I don't think that's exclusive to INFP! I'm not sure how friendly I appear to others. I think I do come across as reserved and maybe somewhat aloof to others but I don't know about unfriendly. At least I try not to appear that way to others. I'm sensitive yes, but I don't know about being *extremely* so. That's a strong word.

For the INTP description, I don't relate to the part about not personally being bothered by others' negative emotions. Others negative emotions bother me alot and can be hard to tune out. I'm almost never perceived as cynical or uncaring either. At least I try hard not to come across that way. Everything else under INTP fits me very well.

I am very close on 5/9 so that could be a problem. I relate a lot to both types. If I'm INFP, I'm more 5ish than average. If I'm INTP, I'm more 9ish than average.

Since this thread is about RevlisZero's type, I do think she's most likely an INFP.

Hey, same here! We seem very similar type-wise, though I think you're a bit more T than I am.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
Alright, so this is how I see your problem:

1. You're focusing too much on the details/common explanations of the functions, rather than really understanding what the functions are at the heart.

2. In a similar way, you're not looking into yourself and identifying your CORE traits. Yeah, we all use these functions sometimes but there's a difference in frequency.

For example, I do the same routine every day too, but there's no way in hell I'm a strong Si user. To me Si, like Ni is evaluative. It understands the world through categorising everything, often into norms and traditions. I do the same thing again and again because it's comfortable and I get enough change and stimulation within my own comfort zone. It may look Si, but it's not. The motivations are different. You seem the same way to me. Thy only Si-looking thing you do is do the same thing over and over again, you don't identify with the other traits. Why would Si be a top function for you then? It just seems like you're making too much out of an unreliable test score.

To illustrate the same point with another function, just because you like depth over width does not mean you don't use Ne. Here's how Ne works, I interact with something and automatically, my mind thinks about things loosely related to it. For example, I look at a kimono and I think about a temple I've visited in Japan, which then makes me think about the sakura that was there, then I think of an anime character called 'Sakura'... and so on.

This is a very casual example of Ne, here's a more intellectual one: someone reads about the theoretical structure of possible worlds and notices that it shares a lot of similarities with the structure a 4 dimensionalist theory of time. They notice that this parallel is not perfect however because one theory is widely accepted when the other is not, so they start looking out for differences. Maybe it's because we don't experience possible worlds, but we experience the past. However we realise that mere experience should not justify or falsify a theory on possibility, so that can't be it (I'm making arguments up on the fly lol, it's just an example anyway). Anyways, the point is that we're jumping from one idea to another through inductive means, in both cases. That's the core of Ne.

Ni on the other hand, as I understand it, works like this: the Ni user is faced with a problem. As soon as the problem is asked, she as an idea of what the answer has to be, given the nature and the context of the question. Let me try and explain this through analogy. We're doing a jig-saw puzzle and there's a specific piece we need to find. We know what the pieces around it look like, so we know vaguely what sort of colours and patterns this piece has, we also know what shape the left side of the piece is, because we have the piece to the left of it. We dig our way through the remaining pieces, hoping to find one with these qualities, and in the process, a lot of pieces are rejected because they don't meet the criteria. When we finally get to that piece, we don't get a sense of surprise, because we knew all along what that piece had to look like. The answer was there all along, we just needed to find it. Ni always has a function. There's a point to the answer and a context in which the answer has to fit in.

Phew, OK. So when someone says that Ne is wide and Ni is deep, that's quite a loose way of speaking, really. As an Ne user, I can get very, very deep into a question, I'm just doing it in a different way to the Ni user. I am constantly entertaining new possible solutions and at the same time, I'm entertaining possible counterarguments to these solutions, screening some of them out. Ni users can also be motivated to engage in a whole bunch of different things. Is it true that Ne users have width whereas Ni users have depth? Well, maybe if we used our functions in a very simple sense. It's definitely true that I can jump all over the place, covering a million ideas in one sweep. However, it is certainly not necessarily true. Therefore, when you're asking yourself if you use Ne, you can't just reject the idea because you prefer depth to width.

Here's the moral of the story - some functions can look like other ones from a behaviorist POV, but they're not the same thing. Furthermore, the same function can look different in different people or in different situations, but it's still the same function. You need to really look deeper into the functions and ask which one of them you use CONSTANTLY. I for example, can never turn Ne off, to the point that it actually affects my sleep. It's ideas bouncing off each other 24 hours a day. Looking at your functions thoroughly should be a much better indication of your type than an explanation on some website. Someone here said that INTP's don't like revisiting questions for example, but I disagree with that. I think a lot of them may do this, but I don't see how it's Ti + Ne. IMO anyway it's more likely that many INTP's are a certain enneagram type for example and that explains this behavior.

I know I ranted a lot, but let me make one last point. The one constant trait I see from you is doubt, and a willingness to revisit problems. I think being enneagram 6-9-something definitely explains that. The 6 brings the doubt, the 9 brings the openness. I don't see why you couldn't be an INTP with this enneagram type. You would look different from a lot of other INTP's, but your core motivations (specific to the INTP anyway) will be the same.

IMO, your biggest sign should be Ti + Fe. This is a combination that some other posters have picked up from your own descriptions and I agree with them. Ne Ti Fe would make you an ENTP though, which isn't even on your list lol. I dunno, work with the functions.

Just food for thought. Hope I helped.

PS. I wrote a fucking essay 0.o I never do this on forums lol.

Silveresque

Alright, so this is how I see your problem:

1. You're focusing too much on the details/common explanations of the functions, rather than really understanding what the functions are at the heart.

2. In a similar way, you're not looking into yourself and identifying your CORE traits. Yeah, we all use these functions sometimes but there's a difference in frequency.

For example, I do the same routine every day too, but there's no way in hell I'm a strong Si user. To me Si, like Ni is evaluative. It understands the world through categorising everything, often into norms and traditions. I do the same thing again and again because it's comfortable and I get enough change and stimulation within my own comfort zone. It may look Si, but it's not. The motivations are different. You seem the same way to me. Thy only Si-looking thing you do is do the same thing over and over again, you don't identify with the other traits. Why would Si be a top function for you then? It just seems like you're making too much out of an unreliable test score.

To illustrate the same point with another function, just because you like depth over width does not mean you don't use Ne. Here's how Ne works, I interact with something and automatically, my mind thinks about things loosely related to it. For example, I look at a kimono and I think about a temple I've visited in Japan, which then makes me think about the sakura that was there, then I think of an anime character called 'Sakura'... and so on.

Um...I see a kimono and think it's pretty. :p It might remind me of an anime character, if it looks similar enough to a kimono that character wears. But generally, "ooh, pretty!" would be my more natural response. And then it might make me think about how I would like to go Japan someday, which would then make me think about how my brother recently went to Germany, and then I realize that has nothing to do with Japan or kimonos, so I go back to thinking about Japan, and then I get bored and start playing a song in my head while thinking about typology. Of course, that's just one possible train of thought that could result. I think more commonly I would just make a brief note of how the kimono looks and then go back to whatever I was already thinking about before I saw the kimono.

This is a very casual example of Ne, here's a more intellectual one: someone reads about the theoretical structure of possible worlds and notices that it shares a lot of similarities with the structure a 4 dimensionalist theory of time. They notice that this parallel is not perfect however because one theory is widely accepted when the other is not, so they start looking out for differences. Maybe it's because we don't experience possible worlds, but we experience the past. However we realise that mere experience should not justify or falsify a theory on possibility, so that can't be it (I'm making arguments up on the fly lol, it's just an example anyway). Anyways, the point is that we're jumping from one idea to another through inductive means, in both cases. That's the core of Ne.

That sounds...complicated. I'm not sure how much I can relate to that way of thinking, to be honest. :unsure:

Ni on the other hand, as I understand it, works like this: the Ni user is faced with a problem. As soon as the problem is asked, she as an idea of what the answer has to be, given the nature and the context of the question. Let me try and explain this through analogy. We're doing a jig-saw puzzle and there's a specific piece we need to find. We know what the pieces around it look like, so we know vaguely what sort of colours and patterns this piece has, we also know what shape the left side of the piece is, because we have the piece to the left of it. We dig our way through the remaining pieces, hoping to find one with these qualities, and in the process, a lot of pieces are rejected because they don't meet the criteria. When we finally get to that piece, we don't get a sense of surprise, because we knew all along what that piece had to look like. The answer was there all along, we just needed to find it. Ni always has a function. There's a point to the answer and a context in which the answer has to fit in.

Hmm...I'll have to think about this one. Is it sort of like the tip-of-your-tongue phenomenon? Because I get that all the time. I guess I am sometimes aware of a certain connotation of an answer before I know the answer itself, like when I have an idea of what I want to say but can't think of how to put it into words.

Phew, OK. So when someone says that Ne is wide and Ni is deep, that's quite a loose way of speaking, really. As an Ne user, I can get very, very deep into a question, I'm just doing it in a different way to the Ni user. I am constantly entertaining new possible solutions and at the same time, I'm entertaining possible counterarguments to these solutions, screening some of them out. Ni users can also be motivated to engage in a whole bunch of different things. Is it true that Ne users have width whereas Ni users have depth? Well, maybe if we used our functions in a very simple sense. It's definitely true that I can jump all over the place, covering a million ideas in one sweep. However, it is certainly not necessarily true. Therefore, when you're asking yourself if you use Ne, you can't just reject the idea because you prefer depth to width.

Here's the moral of the story - some functions can look like other ones from a behaviorist POV, but they're not the same thing. Furthermore, the same function can look different in different people or in different situations, but it's still the same function. You need to really look deeper into the functions and ask which one of them you use CONSTANTLY. I for example, can never turn Ne off, to the point that it actually affects my sleep. It's ideas bouncing off each other 24 hours a day. Looking at your functions thoroughly should be a much better indication of your type than an explanation on some website. Someone here said that INTP's don't like revisiting questions for example, but I disagree with that. I think a lot of them may do this, but I don't see how it's Ti + Ne. IMO anyway it's more likely that many INTP's are a certain enneagram type for example and that explains this behavior.

That does sound like it should be the most accurate method. I'll try it, though I'm not sure how far I'll get with my limited understanding of the functions. :blush:

This is really making me feel like an S type, because the whole time I find myself needing to think of concrete examples in order to understand the concepts and figure out whether I can relate. Or does everyone do this?

I know I ranted a lot, but let me make one last point. The one constant trait I see from you is doubt, and a willingness to revisit problems. I think being enneagram 6-9-something definitely explains that. The 6 brings the doubt, the 9 brings the openness. I don't see why you couldn't be an INTP with this enneagram type. You would look different from a lot of other INTP's, but your core motivations (specific to the INTP anyway) will be the same.

IMO, your biggest sign should be Ti + Fe. This is a combination that some other posters have picked up from your own descriptions and I agree with them. Ne Ti Fe would make you an ENTP though, which isn't even on your list lol. I dunno, work with the functions.

Just food for thought. Hope I helped.

PS. I wrote a fucking essay 0.o I never do this on forums lol.

Hmm...You've given me a lot to think about. I'll let you know what I decide. I appreciate your input! :)

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3

:hug:

Don't worry about the details, sorry if I OD'd in some paragraphs :D

On Ne vs Ni, don't get caught up on my examples, the point is that Ne is very jumpy. I think of something, then I think about something else because of it, then it reminds me of something else. Ni on the other hand, isn't very jumpy. Furthermore, it's fun. Even if I don't come up with an answer, I enjoy jumping around mentally. They want to find the one right answer to any given question. It's like a journey to find the one destination. There's a very specific point to it.

For example, say an Ne user and an Ni user are thinking about what they want for lunch.

Ne: Hmmm maybe I'll have pork chops. Wait, what about pork chop sandwiches? Do I have to have pork though, what about steak? No, steak's too expensive... etc.

Ni: I have a sore throat so I want something soupy. I also don't feel like red meat. Chicken soup it is.

Silveresque

:hug:

Don't worry about the details, sorry if I OD'd in some paragraphs :D

On Ne vs Ni, don't get caught up on my examples, the point is that Ne is very jumpy. I think of something, then I think about something else because of it, then it reminds me of something else. Ni on the other hand, isn't very jumpy. Furthermore, it's fun. Even if I don't come up with an answer, I enjoy jumping around mentally. They want to find the one right answer to any given question. It's like a journey to find the one destination. There's a very specific point to it.

For example, say an Ne user and an Ni user are thinking about what they want for lunch.

Ne: Hmmm maybe I'll have pork chops. Wait, what about pork chop sandwiches? Do I have to have pork though, what about steak? No, steak's too expensive... etc.

Ni: I have a sore throat so I want something soupy. I also don't feel like red meat. Chicken soup it is.

I think relate more often to Ni. I don't see the need to think of a thousand different possibilities that I'm not going to do anything with. Though every once in a while I'll get jumpy like Ne I guess. :shrug:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Si that doesn't fit me
- Tradition & history
- Mementos, photo albums, collections for memory
- Good memory for detail
- (Fi-Si) Analyze past experience to figure out what made me feel a certain way
- Look at past experience to find solutions

I'm going to say ISFJ enneagram 9. A lot of your objections to Si amounts to stereotypes.... Si is very idiosyncratic. Your inner world sounds "irrational", not "rational". You describe a lot of focusing on perceptions, not evaluative analysis. You wonder about stuff, you note things (about yourself & your situation), you review information, etc. The Feeling you describe sounds focused on interaction with others, not an inner world of ideals. A high level of introversion might mean your tert is pretty strong, which could give a Ti flavor to your thinking sometimes. When you describe your analysis, it sounds more Ti-ish, but you don't sound like a Ti-dom.

It's also worth noting that ISFJs share the same interaction styles as IxFPs & INTPs.

Silveresque

I'm going to say ISFJ enneagram 9. A lot of your objections to Si amounts to stereotypes.... Si is very idiosyncratic. Your inner world sounds "irrational", not "rational". You describe a lot of focusing on perceptions, not evaluative analysis. You wonder about stuff, you note things (about yourself & your situation), you review information, etc. The Feeling you describe sounds focused on interaction with others, not an inner world of ideals. A high level of introversion might mean your tert is pretty strong, which could give a Ti flavor to your thinking sometimes. When you describe your analysis, it sounds more Ti-ish, but you don't sound like a Ti-dom.

It's also worth noting that ISFJs share the same interaction styles as IxFPs & INTPs.

Interesting. It may be possible...But I'm not sure I agree that I'm focused more on perceptions than evaluative analysis, and I certainly wouldn't say that my inner world is "irrational".

Anyways, I came across this site today that gives descriptions of the semantics and vocabulary of each function: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/155-Semantics-and-Vocabulary-of-Information-Elements

Based on those descriptions I relate most to Ne, Ni, and Ti. Then again, this is socionics, and in socionics I'm an INTj...

I don't know, maybe I need to start recording my thoughts? :shrug:

Silveresque

I recorded some thoughts that I've had recently (within the last couple days).

Thinking about my type, about the possibility of being a sensor vs. an intuitive

Reviewing conversations

Lunchtime: Thinking about having to wait in lines, about my feelings, about food, about how thirsty I am, about how the sandwich tastes

Wondering if my thoughts were always like this or if they used to be more abstract

Thinking about how I used to occasionally hold philosophical debates in my head, and wondering if that counts as abstract

Wondering if inventing complex fantasy stories while daydreaming counts as abstract

Thinking about how the rain ambushed me this afternoon and I got soaked...and my sweater felt like a wet sponge

Thinking about my feelings

Thinking about my motivations (for figuring out my enneagram type)

Thinking about how my motivations affect my behavior, how they interact with each other, what enneagram type they most correspond to, and whether my type (based on my motivations) should be considered a separate type (from type 4) or a variation of that type

Wondering whether there might be other ways I could interpret my motivations

Wondering whether there's some key piece that I missed (in brainstorming and analyzing my motivations) and whether I interpreted them correctly ("Do I really want this, or do I just think that I want it? Is this really the most important thing, or is there something else?")

Wondering whether it would be better to bullet this list or just leave it the way it is

So, mostly S it seems (I think :unsure:)...But if reviewing and analyzing information are S, then what exactly is N like?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Interesting. It may be possible...But I'm not sure I agree that I'm focused more on perceptions than evaluative analysis, and I certainly wouldn't say that my inner world is "irrational".

I mean "irrational" as in perceiving-thought, not judging-thought (which is "rational"). You said you don't relate to this much:
"Every encounter and every piece of knowledge gained gets sifted through the INFP's value system"
That simply means evaluative analysis.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You present yourself like this 1,000 piece puzzle that needs to be put together. (Like a really strange use of disconnected Si.) It's hard for me to type you when it's impossible to see you as a whole puzzle put together. It's like you don't quite understand yourself yet. (And possibly a poor application of the theory to boot- I was going to say "poor understanding", but I don't think that's it- I think it's just a poor application. ) You've got to figure out how you work as a single unit. How does everything run together? Rather than just each little minor part.

That being said, if I had to take one wild stab in the dark (just based on vibes and overall impression, and over-analyzing aside,)maybe INFP or ISFJ.

Silveresque

You present yourself like this 1,000 piece puzzle that needs to be put together. (Like a really strange use of disconnected Si.) It's hard for me to type you when it's impossible to see you as a whole puzzle put together. It's like you don't quite understand yourself yet. (And possibly a poor application of the theory to boot- I was going to say "poor understanding", but I don't think that's it- I think it's just a poor application. ) You've got to figure out how you work as a single unit. How does everything run together? Rather than just each little minor part.

That being said, if I had to take one wild stab in the dark (just based on vibes and overall impression, and over-analyzing aside,)maybe INFP or ISFJ.

Well, how about this:

I often think in terms of examples. When I encounter new information, I like to have examples to help me make sense of it, and if there are no examples, I may try to take the information apart, one bit at a time, and forge examples along the way. For me, an example is worth a thousand explanations. I also think in terms of formulas. I create formulas based on the examples and solution that I can use to solve similar problems that arise.

How I approach problems:

New information --> Examples --> Dissect and Analyze --> Create formula --> Solution --> Similar problem --> Formula --> Solution

Another thing:

Compared to my mom (ISFJ), I'm much less relationship-oriented and not nearly as good at planning. My mom has an extraordinary ability to remember details about people--names, faces, birthdays, anecdotes, conversations, etc. I'm terrible at that type of thing--especially names, faces, and birthdays. And often I forget who I had certain conversations with. I may be able to remember the conversation, I just can't remember who I was talking to, so I'll end up having to ask, "Did I already tell you this before?". My mom is also very much a planner. She always has all the dates and times figured out, such as what shows are on each night, at what time, and on what channel, appointment dates, deadlines for bills, that sort of thing. I'm not very good at this. Well, I probably could be, if I put a bit more effort into being organized. On the other hand, I'm much more analytical and logical, but probably less emotional.

Compared to my INFP friend, I'm not nearly as artistic and individualistic. My friend is a stereotypical 4--a unique, creative, and emotional individual. She often dresses eccentrically and does not seem to care what others think. I don't know how she can do that. I would be far too self-conscious. She can also be quite moody, which is not something I relate to much. Sometimes she can say some hurtful things, though I know it's not her intention. Compared to her, I suppose I'm more gentle and protective of others' feelings.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, how about this:

I often think in terms of examples. When I encounter new information, I like to have examples to help me make sense of it, and if there are no examples, I may try to take the information apart, one bit at a time, and forge examples along the way. For me, an example is worth a thousand explanations. I also think in terms of formulas. I create formulas based on the examples and solution that I can use to solve similar problems that arise.

How I approach problems:

New information --> Examples --> Dissect and Analyze --> Create formula --> Solution --> Similar problem --> Formula --> Solution

Another thing:

Compared to my mom (ISFJ), I'm much less relationship-oriented and not nearly as good at planning. My mom has an extraordinary ability to remember details about people--names, faces, birthdays, anecdotes, conversations, etc. I'm terrible at that type of thing--especially names, faces, and birthdays. And often I forget who I had certain conversations with. I may be able to remember the conversation, I just can't remember who I was talking to, so I'll end up having to ask, "Did I already tell you this before?". My mom is also very much a planner. She always has all the dates and times figured out, such as what shows are on each night, at what time, and on what channel, appointment dates, deadlines for bills, that sort of thing. I'm not very good at this. Well, I probably could be, if I put a bit more effort into being organized. On the other hand, I'm much more analytical and logical, but probably less emotional.

Compared to my INFP friend, I'm not nearly as artistic and individualistic. My friend is a stereotypical 4--a unique, creative, and emotional individual. She often dresses eccentrically and does not seem to care what others think. I don't know how she can do that. I would be far too self-conscious. She can also be quite moody, which is not something I relate to much. Sometimes she can say some hurtful things, though I know it's not her intention. Compared to her, I suppose I'm more gentle and protective of others' feelings.

This is what I mean, too many examples practically tell me nothing. You say nothing about yourself with the above two- (to me anyway.) It's difficult to type by functions and slowly work your way up to the whole thing. It would be good to have and objective, whole picture of you without being compared to anyone else and without using your small behaviors as a tool. Like, you described your friend and mom to make it clear what types they are. They are surface level and basic definitions. But you are subjective about yourself so it's impossible to give the same sort of "formula" to describe yourself. To you, you're this unique individual and have all the examples in the world to give. But everything is so microscopic that it's impossible to see fully. Hmm.. how old are you?

If you are at an age where Si could be developing, (the examples and solid info and stuff), and you are an INFP, it could explain a whole lot of stuff. You kind of remind me of myself a bit a few years ago. It's like a natural NF with baby SJ in your personality that's not really working yet but it's growing and therefore would be a big focus in your life.

Silveresque

This is what I mean, too many examples practically tell me nothing. You say nothing about yourself with the above two- (to me anyway.) It's difficult to type by functions and slowly work your way up to the whole thing. It would be good to have and objective, whole picture of you without being compared to anyone else and without using your small behaviors as a tool. Like, you described your friend and mom to make it clear what types they are. They are surface level and basic definitions. But you are subjective about yourself so it's impossible to give the same sort of "formula" to describe yourself. To you, you're this unique individual and have all the examples in the world to give. But everything is so microscopic that it's impossible to see fully.

You say it would be nice to have a whole picture of me without looking at my behaviors, but I don't think that's possible. You can't complete a puzzle without looking at the pieces. So what exactly is it you want me to do? How should I be approaching this--and please don't give vague suggestions like "try to examine the whole picture and see how you work". If you want me to describe myself, I can do that, though I've already done it many times on multiple threads.

Hmm.. how old are you?

I'm 18.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The OP sounds like INFP. And I suspect there might be an Si tertiary loop going on, if you believe in that kind of analysis. It helps to explain the more severe introversion (Fi + Si increases introversion). And your Ne-aux is weak. You score high on S categories, but you don't really believe it describes you.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm convinced you're a 9w1 INFP.

Last edited:

Silveresque

I'm convinced you're a 9w1 INFP 9w1.

Yeah, most likely. I don't think I'm ISFJ, at least. I found one description I could relate to, but none of the other ISFJ descriptions I've read sound at all like me.