• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type do you think I am?

What type am I?

• Total voters

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't mean any offense by this, but I'm unsure about these questions.
The latter options are far more attractive and I believe most (if not all) people would choose them.
Who'd admit to (blindly) following an established code, or (unquestioningly) trusting external sources? Everyone holds their own personal beliefs and decide - to varying degrees - what they believe is right or wrong and true or untrue.

The questions aren't really offensive at all; the seperation between the two is merely the seperation between external and internal methods of making decisions. In fact I theorize that most people actually abide primarily by one of these external functions, seeing as how very many people rely on rules/mores as how to act, or adhere to certain rules and commands. Of course, everyone has both a Je and Ji function, so it really balances out, unless of course the one is dom Je (and thus Ji inferior) and vice versa.

Vizzy

Enneagram
5w4
The questions aren't really offensive at all; the seperation between the two is merely the seperation between external and internal methods of making decisions. In fact I theorize that most people actually abide primarily by one of these external functions, seeing as how very many people rely on rules/mores as how to act, or adhere to certain rules and commands. Of course, everyone has both a Je and Ji function, so it really balances out, unless of course the one is dom Je (and thus Ji inferior) and vice versa.
So basically, you're trying to figure out if RevlisZero is Ti-Fe or Fi-Te with those questions?

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
[MENTION=14216]RevlisZero[/MENTION], I read the edited profiles, and I still feel that nothing contradicts INFP, except for this:

The INTP has no understanding or value for decisions made on the basis of personal subjectivity or feelings. They strive constantly to achieve logical conclusions to problems, and don't understand the importance or relevance of applying subjective emotional considerations to decisions. For this reason, INTPs are usually not in-tune with how people are feeling, and are not naturally well-equiped to meet the emotional needs of others.

Could you explain how you judge conflicts? Also, a few questions: do you value justice over compassion? How do you feel about capital punishment? Do you believe in sacrificing a few innocent lives to save a greater number of lives?

Silveresque

Well seing as how you relate evenly between a F/T dishotomy, I'd say that you probably have well developed tert function, of either T or F. Add in inferior Fe, and the strongest type possibilities are INFJ and INTJ. Have you considered those as possibilities?

Also, if you could, please answer these questions:

Where do you derive your ethical values from? Do you seek to follow the established code of your contemorary culture/group/freinds and define yourself externally as to what you are, or do you hold you own personal beleifs concerning right and wrong while being true to what you personally want to be?

Where do you derive your logical thinking from? Do you trust external sources of reliable data and methodological frameworks, or do you trust your own analysis and deductions that are more likely to make logical sense?

I derive my ethical values through objective, impersonal analysis. I take others' feelings into account, but generally try to disregard my own for the sake of being objective. I think that my feelings alone are not sufficient justification, so I turn to logical analysis. If there is inconsistency in an ethical norm (eg. life is sacred and killing is bad, but it's okay to kill insects and spiders because we don't like them), then I'll try to adjust my beliefs and actions so that there is consistency (hence, I never intentionally kill insects or spiders).

Logical thinking is both internal and external. I'm not very good at logical deductions, I'm much better at inductive reasoning. Anyways, I usually start with research and information collecting, then when I don't think I can get much more information, I'll take a step back and try to fill in the missing pieces and look at the situation from different perspectives.

Silveresque

Could you explain how you judge conflicts?

I'm not sure what you mean. If you mean how do I decide who's side to take in an argument, I'll side with whoever's right, but I won't get involved or voice my opinion. I'll just observe from the sidelines.

Also, a few questions: do you value justice over compassion?

No. Definitely compassion.

How do you feel about capital punishment?

I don't like it, but I'm probably not knowledgeable enough about the situation to decide whether or not it's justified. How much money is spent keeping serial killers alive in prison? Are some people truly unable to change?

Do you believe in sacrificing a few innocent lives to save a greater number of lives?

That depends on the context. If I said "yes", would I be saying that it's okay for a doctor to kill an innocent person in order to give that person's organs to several dying patients and save their lives? Of course that wouldn't be right, because people have rights. Though I certainly do believe there are times when there's no other choice but to sacrifice to save lives. I don't like it, but it's sometimes the only option, or else everybody dies.

Silveresque

Well seing as how you relate evenly between a F/T dishotomy, I'd say that you probably have well developed tert function, of either T or F. Add in inferior Fe, and the strongest type possibilities are INFJ and INTJ. Have you considered those as possibilities?

Whoops! I forgot to answer this part. :doh:

I've considered them, but every time I read descriptions of those types, I decide there's no way I could be one of those types because they don't fit me at all.

Silveresque

And I've noticed you're back to being a 5. :rly???:

Yeah, I have this condition where I can't keep a type for longer than a month. :p I think I do have 5's fixation, it just hasn't been showing much lately. The problem is I was trying to type myself based on how I am right now rather than how I've always been.

Vizzy

Enneagram
5w4
Yeah, I have this condition where I can't keep a type for longer than a month. :p I think I do have 5's fixation, it just hasn't been showing much lately. The problem is I was trying to type myself based on how I am right now rather than how I've always been.

That much is clear. ;) Hmm...something has to be done about that.
It seems you're expecting something out of MBTI that typology can't deliver. I don't think there'd be such a problem if you approached it merely as the theory it is...
As you say, you're typing yourself based on the moment. Don't you have a consistent sense of self?

Silveresque

That much is clear. ;) Hmm...something has to be done about that.
It seems you're expecting something out of MBTI that typology can't deliver. I don't think there'd be such a problem if you approached it merely as the theory it is...
As you say, you're typing yourself based on the moment. Don't you have a consistent sense of self?

My problem is that I'm not really my usual self lately. Then the issue is made even more ambiguous when you add many different possible interpretations of the theory and of my own attitudes and behavior. Every once in a while, I'll find some new information I didn't have before that brings my type into question again, and I'll reanalyze and reinterpret from a fresh perspective. But it seems there's never going to be an end to this because there's always more information to be gained and more perspectives to explore, and who's to say which perspective is most right? Can there ever really be any clarity and consistency? Any certainty? Is there any right way to interpret these things when nothing is clearly defined?

Vizzy

Enneagram
5w4
My problem is that I'm not really my usual self lately. Then the issue is made even more ambiguous when you add many different possible interpretations of the theory and of my own attitudes and behavior. Every once in a while, I'll find some new information I didn't have before that brings my type into question again, and I'll reanalyze and reinterpret from a fresh perspective. But it seems there's never going to be an end to this because there's always more information to be gained and more perspectives to explore, and who's to say which perspective is most right? Can there ever really be any clarity and consistency? Any certainty? Is there any right way to interpret these things when nothing is clearly defined?
There is an endless amount of information to gather. There is no one correct/right perspective when it comes to typology. Personalities and people are never perfectly consistent. There is never any certainty, and that's what makes people and personalities fascinating. People can't be clearly defined, and definitely not within 16 neat personality types. If you're going to play around/work with MBTI, then you'll have to accept all that first.
I don't think anyone is certain about MBTI, at least I hope no one is. To repeat, it's just a theory and should be treated/approached as such.
Whatever the case, I'm wondering if this is a manifestation of inferior Te.

Silveresque

I'm going to put this here so I don't end up derailing that other thread. :p

[MENTION=14216]RevlisZero[/MENTION]: I wouldn't give this test much credit at all but I wonder how well you relate to their ISFJ description...

Quite well, actually. Much better than the INFP description. :shock:

EDIT: I meant the PersonalityPage description, not that test site's description.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Okay fine derail deleted :D

Hmmm... you do seem like a sort of INTP/ISFJ hybrid thing. Kind of hard to tell when you don't seem to relate to any of the extraverted functions ;)

I don't remember if you already looked at this http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/assessment/develop_old.html The test itself is broken but you can look at the lists and see if you relate more to the stuff on the extraverted feeling section or the extraverted intuiting section, or anything else

Yeah, I know this might be looking like more neverending information :shock:

Silveresque

Okay fine derail deleted :D

Hmmm... you do seem like a sort of INTP/ISFJ hybrid thing. Kind of hard to tell when you don't seem to relate to any of the extraverted functions ;)

I don't remember if you already looked at this http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/assessment/develop_old.html The test itself is broken but you can look at the lists and see if you relate more to the stuff on the extraverted feeling section or the extraverted intuiting section, or anything else

Yeah, I know this might be looking like more neverending information :shock:

I've taken this test before. I retook it just now and got these results:

Se: 6
Si: 11
Te: 12
Ti: 23
Fe: 10
Fi: 4
Ne: 13
Ni: 4

Hmm...My Fi came out much lower than usual this time. That's odd.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Your Fi disappeared :tongue: So basically Ti......... everything else. I do get a lot more of a Ti than an Fi impression from you. But dominant? I'm not sure.... maybe I'll have more to say of it in the morning.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Tests in this case are useless, since you can test and test and test and come out differently every time based on how you perceive yourself that day. (And typology is all about perception of the self.) My best suggestion is to find a website that you like, read all the descriptions, and pick the one that resonates with you the most. The one that will help you grow the most.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
What type do you want to be? :D

Vizzy

Enneagram
5w4
The only thing odd is that you keep relying on and using that cognitive functions test. As you must've figured out by now, it's both inaccurate and unstable.
Sorry for being so blunt, especially when you're so nice.

The problem is how you approach mbti.
(Perhaps spend time away from it for a couple of years...but, no, that probably wouldn't make any difference.)

Silveresque

What type do you want to be? :D

The right one. That's the problem. :p

The only thing odd is that you keep relying on and using that cognitive functions test. As you must've figured out by now, it's both inaccurate and unstable.
Sorry for being so blunt, especially when you're so nice.

The problem is how you approach mbti.
(Perhaps spend time away from it for a couple of years...but, no, that probably wouldn't make any difference.)

Don't worry, I don't mind bluntness. :blush:

I haven't relied on the function tests any more than the regular mbti tests, which have proven to be just as inaccurate and unstable. I personally don't see any problem with taking these tests, since I'm not necessarily going to base my decision on them. Anyways, how would you suggest I approach it?